The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

*Pauses* Hey, I never thought of that. xD Possible. I'm sure there's more to that room than you ever actually see outside of the cutscenes. Would be interesting to find out what's actually loaded into that room, if you somehow were able to enter it... Too bad there's no clipping glitches like in OoT. =PThe only thing that might ruin that theory, is the fact that it seems almost as if the Master Sword was literally right behind the door. But that makes even less sense. =/ Maybe you simply went as far in as possible? I dunno, I'll have to eventually re-watch that ending to find out what the heck happened with the sword. xD Because another head scratcher; I don't recall seeing Zelda sealed in there, which she would've had to have been at that moment in time. All in all, kinda weird, but that's what you get when you mess with time. =P If I were Hylia, I'd simply have figured out a second way, one that only involved a remote sealing, and not traveling through time to mess everything up. Because everything went perfectly well until Ghirahim decided to meddle with time. :rolleyes:

Once again, that's what time travel does, especially when you try to hide obvious spoilers in a game. If this was a movie, there'd be no problems at all explaining it, just have the crack only be enough to show the crystal, but hide the Master Sword. =P

I thought that boss was pretty good except for that part at the end where

He has his...hair...snake...creatures attack you. Waggling necessary on that one.

I think we can all agree that Koloktos was the best boss in the game, though.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I'm honestly not sure where they were going with that fight. xD Obviously it's a Greek theme. However... First, there's a squid-like attack, making you think it's a Kraken. Then it's a Giant-like thing with the tentacles as hair. ... Then it's a Medusa-like creature? 0_o It was a very fun fight, no denying that, but it was very confusing on the origins of the boss. xD

Power Miner:

Eh, I think it was more purplish. =P(Compare it to Kirby, for one)I wouldn't say it's too easy, though... I nearly ran out of arrows at one point, and it nearly singlehandedly ended my boss rush because it kept knocking me off the sides, and nothing was giving hearts. D=

Breaking away from the SS discussion, (which I still don't have :( ), I just recently started Oracle of Ages.Pretty good so far, but the characters aren't quite as memorable as Link's Awakening.The dungeon music is some of the best for a 2D Zelda game though.Anyone else have thoughts on Ages/Seasons?

jlovfkk.jpg

I don't have either game. D= I wish they'd put it up on the 3DS VC. ... And while they're at it, release the eShop cards here in Canada. >_^While we're not talking about Skyward Sword, however, I just want to say that Minish Cap is awesome. =D

It really is, to be honest. Could it have been longer? Sure. Does it really matter? Nope. Minish Cap is awesome just the way it is. =DBut yeah, you can definitely tell that the LttP/Four Swords engine was used heavily(*cough Pegasus boots cough*), but honestly? I don't think it would've worked any other way. =) Replaying it through the Ambassador games just makes me appreciate it even more. =DNow I kinda wish for a fusion of Minish Cap and the top down 3D style of Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks. Just... With a more refined Cel Shading style. =P(Because honestly, while PH was awesome, it was kinda obvious that the graphics capabilities were somewhat limited. Seeing a similar game on the 3DS, with actual buttons, would be kinda nice. Because while touch controls are cool, you can't do a Dash Attack with them. =P)

Yeah I hope they put the oracle games up too... As for The Minish Cap, I didnt get a 3DS until the red one came out.. so I didnt get "The Minish cap" with my 3DS... D:Guys, what use do the L and R buttons have to do in The Minish Cap? My Old Ds's L and R buttons dont work much anymore and my Gameboy advance's on/off switch is messed up.~PowerMiner~

Edited by PowerMiner

Yeah I hope they put the oracle games up too... As for The Minish Cap, I didnt get a 3DS until the red one came out.. so I didnt get "The Minish cap" with my 3DS... D:Guys, what use do the L and R buttons have to do in The Minish Cap? My Old Ds's L and R buttons dont work much anymore and my Gameboy advance's on/off switch is messed up.~PowerMiner~

R is just an alternative to he A button... but the L button is vital. It allows you to fuse kinstones, which you MUST use once to progress the story early on...

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

^ Actually, the R button is used to lift stuff and pull stuff, so... Yeah. =PAs for not getting the game for the 3Ds, dang. =/ I do hope that they eventually put it up on a Virtual Console, just because others not being able to play this on the 3DS is something I don't believe should happen(Especially Minish Cap). However, I hope that if they do that, they take note of the way they're handling the NES games, and actually update the system for playing the games when they do so. xD(Because I would like to access the Home Menu during games, Nintendo. >_>)

However, I hope that if they do that, they take note of the way they're handling the NES games, and actually update the system for playing the games when they do so. xD(Because I would like to access the Home Menu during games, Nintendo. >_>)

Yeah. I loved how the NES games saved automatically, and then they go and take that away for the GBA ones? And what's with the "no sleep mode" thing? (This probably should be in the 3DS topic, but I couldn't resist responding).And Minish Cap is the third-best Zelda after SS and MM.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Well, technically that one isn't as big a problem, as every single game can be saved successfully, unlike the password-based NES games. But yeah.As for Sleep mode, it's probably because of the fact it's running in Backwards Compatibility Mode for some reason.(Signs point to that: It can't go into sleep mode, like the DS. It can do native/stretched mode, like DS/DSi games. It can't bring up the Home menu, like DS/DSi games...) If they updated it so that it wasn't relying on that without breaking everything, then we'd have all the awesome features we're missing now... But I'm not too worried right now, because at least they do save properly.Also, I agree with that statement. =) Funny, OoT used to be first, but everything's beating it now, even older games. xD

Wait a moment... how does sleep mode work? It doesnt mean you can turn off the game system and it saves at that exact moment DOES it? Or is it just an energy saver? (GBA Sleep Mode)OoT does feel like its missing some of the luster it had before for some reason... I dont know why... Is SS taking away OoT's glory? :P~PowerMiner~

Breaking away from the SS discussion, (which I still don't have :( ), I just recently started Oracle of Ages.Pretty good so far, but the characters aren't quite as memorable as Link's Awakening.The dungeon music is some of the best for a 2D Zelda game though.Anyone else have thoughts on Ages/Seasons?

Oracle of Seasons was my first Zelda game. It got me addicted to the series. Capcom did a great job with the two Oracle games, although I really wish they had made that third Oracle game. :(

jlovfkk.jpg

Wait a moment... how does sleep mode work? It doesnt mean you can turn off the game system and it saves at that exact moment DOES it? Or is it just an energy saver? (GBA Sleep Mode)OoT does feel like its missing some of the luster it had before for some reason... I dont know why... Is SS taking away OoT's glory? :P~PowerMiner~

1. It's just an energy saver; exactly the same as the GBA sleep mode. =P In fact, that's actually still in the 3DS version, as, it's 'emulating' everything about the GBA version, running it in BC mode, and not adding new stuff. =P But yeah, whether it be Sleep Mode via the closing of the system, or the options in GBA game menus, it's still the same idea - It's just to same your battery. =P2. SS is taking OoT's glory, yes. =P But, now that I've played other games(But mostly SS. =P), OoT seems... Dated almost. =/ I think it's the awesome new combat system, and the fact that you can run finally. =D

Well, I did only get Ocarina a few months ago.... :PSo the R button is used to throw stuff on the GBA version... which is the same as the 3DS version... And L is used occasionally for important things... I dont know what I should do... Could you explain how saving in "The Minish Cap" works?~PowerMiner~

Lemme just try to clear things up again... The '3DS version' is the GBA version. No changes like there has been for Four Swords. It's literally the exact same game as the GBA game, simply virtual instead of requiring a Game Pak. =P Just wanted to say that. =PSo yeah, you need the R button for pulling stuff(Lifting stuff isn't as important, as you can just use the Gust Jar once you get it, and that'll act as lifting jars and grabbing mushrooms, but until then...); and L is pretty much the most important button in the game aside from B. =P You literally cannot pass certain things without it(Like the Kinstone statues at one point), because you need that to activate the Kinstone menu.Plus, the start menus require L/R to navigate the menus, similar to the N64 games(Not the OoT remix, while you can use the L/R buttons to navigate them in that, it's waaaay faster to just touch the buttons. =P)As for saving, it's simple. Just press start, and provided you're not on the map screen, go to 'save', and hit 'save'. it's as simple as in OoT 3D. =)

Power Miner:

Eh, I think it was more purplish. =P(Compare it to Kirby, for one)I wouldn't say it's too easy, though... I nearly ran out of arrows at one point, and it nearly singlehandedly ended my boss rush because it kept knocking me off the sides, and nothing was giving hearts. D=

Yeah man, not only was it lame, it was easy as ###### too.when I first fought him I only 2 hearts to start off with and he still couldn't beat me.

Gamers rise up, not down

Lemme just try to clear things up again... The '3DS version' is the GBA version. No changes like there has been for Four Swords. It's literally the exact same game as the GBA game, simply virtual instead of requiring a Game Pak. =P Just wanted to say that. =PSo yeah, you need the R button for pulling stuff(Lifting stuff isn't as important, as you can just use the Gust Jar once you get it, and that'll act as lifting jars and grabbing mushrooms, but until then...); and L is pretty much the most important button in the game aside from B. =P You literally cannot pass certain things without it(Like the Kinstone statues at one point), because you need that to activate the Kinstone menu.Plus, the start menus require L/R to navigate the menus, similar to the N64 games(Not the OoT remix, while you can use the L/R buttons to navigate them in that, it's waaaay faster to just touch the buttons. =P)As for saving, it's simple. Just press start, and provided you're not on the map screen, go to 'save', and hit 'save'. it's as simple as in OoT 3D. =)

Yeah,thats what I thought. A digital version. Okay, as for the saving and L/R, thanks. ~PowerMiner~

Okay who else but me looked at demise and was like:"why the heck is akuma the last boss of this game!?"I mean look:similarn.pngAnd Oni's alt in SSf4: AE looks exactly like him him:23_alt04.jpgI know he's suppoesed to look like Ganondorf, but Akuma was the first thing I thought of when I saw him... not ganondorf.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Hah, I had heard the comparison, now it makes sense. xDI wonder if Nintendo and Capcom were really more in cahoots for Skyward Sword than we were lead to believe. =P I mean, aside from having the lead guy from Minish Cap in one of the top spots for the Skyward Sword team. =P

@Whiplash

I noticed that! I mean, he doesn't really fight like Akuma, so it was kind of an afterthought, but that was the first thing I noticed about him.Hey, am I the only one who HATED the Lanayru Mining Facility? I mean, I can definitely look back on it and see the intelligence of the design, but while I was there, I kept getting confused as to where to go, and the remote wasn't stabbing correctly with those pillar enemies.Plus they went and recycled the Boss fight later in the game. >_>

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Ddude: I didn't hate the actual facility... But I did absolutely detest that stupid missile launching enemy. -_-' How was I supposed to know you needed to use a shield bash on the missiles at the time? I nearly died a few times on that enemy alone. xDBoss refight was certainly a surprise. But not one I was against, it added an element of awesomeness, and allowed me to see just how much strength was added with the Goddess Longsword upgrade. =P

So apparently the official timeline has been revealed in the Hyrule Historia artbook, although this does hinge on translation, so it might not be 100% correct.Just as a warning this does have major spoilers.

Skyward Sword|Minish Cap|Four Sword|Ocarina of Time (Split into three time lines)A: Where Hero of Time FailsB: Where Hero of Time Wins (sent 7yrs back)C: Where Hero of Time Wins (present)ALink to the Past|Oracle Series|Link Awakening|Zelda 1|Zelda 2 Link’s AdventureBMajora’s Mask|Twilight Princess|Four Sword AdventuresCWind Waker|Phantom Hourglass|Spirit TracksThoughts?

Edited by Kohaku