Skeleton Dragon Mkii

This is a greatly improved design from my last skeleton dragon.I'm going to skip the individual pictures and just link to the gallery since its publichttp://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=503091If you like this support on cuusoo to make it a real sethttp://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/14687Also check out my other cuuscoo projects

Edited by Takanuinuva

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Oh man, this is impressive. It's great to see someone using Hero Factory parts for something other than heromods.Overall the model looks very well designed. There are a few areas I feel could use improvement, though. I like the jaw, but it's very square, especially at the tip. While I can't tell exactly how it's structured, I believe you can replace the tiled area with 1 x 1 slopes for a better look. Also, there small gray joints make the articulation look kind of awkward. Though I assume that you're using them as a replacement for the friction sockets, which are unavailable in LDD, so that's forgivable. I recommend either removing the joints on the ankles or moving them to the top of the lower leg's joints. The way they are now, they make the ankles look much too tall, especially with the semi-digitigrade legs in the back.Overall I really like this model, and am supporting the cuusoo project too. :D

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Oh man, this is impressive. It's great to see someone using Hero Factory parts for something other than heromods.Overall the model looks very well designed. There are a few areas I feel could use improvement, though. I like the jaw, but it's very square, especially at the tip. While I can't tell exactly how it's structured, I believe you can replace the tiled area with 1 x 1 slopes for a better look. Also, there small gray joints make the articulation look kind of awkward. Though I assume that you're using them as a replacement for the friction sockets, which are unavailable in LDD, so that's forgivable. I recommend either removing the joints on the ankles or moving them to the top of the lower leg's joints. The way they are now, they make the ankles look much too tall, especially with the semi-digitigrade legs in the back.Overall I really like this model, and am supporting the cuusoo project too. :biggrin:

Thanks for the feedback. Yes the gray joints are there to represent the friction extenders. I have them at the feet and the top of the legs cause I assume If a real life model was made it would be rather top heavy so having friction extenders there would allow the dragon to stand up and be posed.As for the jaw. I've made a new design thats better than the one before it. It will be more solid when built in real life Edited by Oxymoronaphobia

Only one gripe on this-the wing spurs are too small.Those finger-bones that extend back, to form the rest of the wing. Their positioning, straight back, isn't right, and they're much too small.Other than that and what has already been said, I have nothing else to complain about. Good moc.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Only one gripe on this-the wing spurs are too small.Those finger-bones that extend back, to form the rest of the wing. Their positioning, straight back, isn't right, and they're much too small.Other than that and what has already been said, I have nothing else to complain about. Good moc.

Thanks for that. I've made the wing bones that extend longer.

I think I saw the earlier version and I was not that big a fan of it. But this, my friend, has WIN written all over it! I was actually intending to build a skeleton dragon of my own, but seeing as there is already one so awesome out there I believe it would be utterly useless. Great job, once again.One thing I suggest you add is chains so that the rider could control the dragon. That would rule.:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)