Skoon, Toa Of Construction

I guess this counts as a 1000 post special or somesuch thing.So there was this Toa, and he was battling this dude, and this dude transported him via Olmak to Bob the Builder land with a spear of fusion. To this Toa (his name was Skoon) accidentally merged himself with Scoop the backhoe and found that he now possessed the element of construction, or more specifically, construction equipment. So he went around doing good deeds in Bob the Builder land, The End.It’s not a detailed backstory, but this is what I was thinking as I was building him, so I hope it helps explain some of the weirdness.1339728527m_SPLASH.jpg1339728552m_SPLASH.jpgMore Pics:Front angleOther back angleChestSpearTechnic pins, anyone?This was a really fun build. I found a couple of really useful Technic/Duplo connections, which is exciting, since it will make continuing exploring DuploPunk that much easier. I like how he turned out for the most part, although the proportions are a bit wacky- but that’s just because he’s part backhoe.C&C particularly appreciated on this one, I'm really looking for suggestions. I do plan on doing more DuploPunk in the future. If you missed it, be sure to check out my other Duplo-including creation.

Edited by Lego Obsessionist

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

The Duplo parts actually look pretty good with the Technic parts. The colors flow in pretty well and the torso is neat. Also, is there a way to add a piece to the head to make it look like a hard hat? After all, this is a Toa of Construction.
Thanks! There's probably a way to make a hard-hat head, but I really like it this way. A hard hat would clash with the Bionicle look, and cross into the lines of cheesyness.

Thanks! There's probably a way to make a hard-hat head, but I really like it this way. A hard hat would clash with the Bionicle look, and cross into the lines of cheesyness.
Well, its midsection seems to be doing a pretty good job! :P Not that I don't like it or anything.... It's an awful lot creative, but unfortunately I find it has surpassed "cheesy" by quite a few.....miles! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult your MOCs. I actually like this thing a lot. At first I didn't recognize the shade of yellow you used, but it is clear to me now that is regular old bright yellow, am I correct? The picture makes it quite hard to tell. Now for the rest of the MOC: the legs are definitely my favorite part. And his weapon ideas are quite cool, though I feel a Drilldozer drill would make a better alternative to the spear. The back arm is also very awesome.Overall: excellent part usage, coupled with a great color scheme and humor. Well done!:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

The backstory made me laugh out loud. :biggrin:The Duplo parts fit very well. I can't even tell if the bucket scoops are Duplo or System or Technic. I can't quite see how you made the arms and torso, maybe you could take some more closeup or construction pictures to show the details.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, its midsection seems to be doing a pretty good job! :P Not that I don't like it or anything.... It's an awful lot creative, but unfortunately I find it has surpassed "cheesy" by quite a few.....miles! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult your MOCs. I actually like this thing a lot. At first I didn't recognize the shade of yellow you used, but it is clear to me now that is regular old bright yellow, am I correct? The picture makes it quite hard to tell. Now for the rest of the MOC: the legs are definitely my favorite part. And his weapon ideas are quite cool, though I feel a Drilldozer drill would make a better alternative to the spear. The back arm is also very awesome.Overall: excellent part usage, coupled with a great color scheme and humor. Well done! :tohu:
The Duplo does make it seem a bit goofy, but what I was trying to get at is that this is, at least partly, a serious Toa. I'd like to keep the "Toa" part distinct. He may be welded to Scoop, but as a Toa he doesn't need a hard hat.It is just regular old bright yellow. I was actually pretty pleased witht he pictures, but if you're having trouble I may have to change something. Was it too dark, bright or what?Regarding a drilldozer arm, I'm afraid that the new silver and rugged look would clash with the existing color scheme and clean, square lines. Also, I wanted to make all the construction bits from the Scoop character, and include the Spear of Fusion for story purposes. Good thought, though.Thanks a lot!
I particularly like the lower leg build, sort of reminiscent of the hydraulics on a digger.
Thanks, that's what I was going for! I was a bit iffy on it, so I'm glad to hear that you like it.
I can't quite see how you made the arms and torso, maybe you could take some more closeup or construction pictures to show the details.
Sorry about that, this was actually made partially for a contest on another site, and I had to rush the photography to make the deadline. If I end up getting out my photo set up again anytime soon I'll be sure to snap a few detail pics.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the industrial feel of this. It's amazing how Duplo and technic fit well together. I love the colours and mask choice. The yellow Hau and Scoop's clour are amazingly the same shade. The scoop you made in the back is marvelous and so is the torso. Oh and I love those lower leg designs. They're a beauty to see. Great job on this. :)~Gravity