Matoran Elemental Traits

Well, I think a Toa of Earth would be stronger than a Po-Matoran, yes. But stone types are naturally strong. I think Onu-Matoran tend to be strong too, but not as much as Po-Matoran. Maybe, in the case of the Onu-Matoran, it depends on the nature of their work -- the Onu-Matoran miners might have grown stronger since they were archivists, for example.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, I think a Toa of Earth would be stronger than a Po-Matoran, yes. But stone types are naturally strong. I think Onu-Matoran tend to be strong too, but not as much as Po-Matoran. Maybe, in the case of the Onu-Matoran, it depends on the nature of their work -- the Onu-Matoran miners might have grown stronger since they were archivists, for example.
I know but I wouldnt have thought Onewa would be able to bead Whenua up.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

As fishers said in another topic, Sam, that misconception (which is pretty common) came from Onua having the Mask of Strength. But if you think about it, the fact that he needed a mask to be strong argues against innate strength, not for it. :) Po-Matoran need greater physical strength to lift rocks; Onu-Matoran don't need that to dig, but they do need to see well in dim light.Also, the Toa Mata were built specially and were never Matoran, so what they are like is not necessarily relevant.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

So, is there still going to be a poll about this?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

As fishers said in another topic, Sam, that misconception (which is pretty common) came from Onua having the Mask of Strength. But if you think about it, the fact that he needed a mask to be strong argues against innate strength, not for it. :) Po-Matoran need greater physical strength to lift rocks; Onu-Matoran don't need that to dig, but they do need to see well in dim light.Also, the Toa Mata were built specially and were never Matoran, so what they are like is not necessarily relevant.
I guess. Its just that Onua and Whenua were both made to look stocky, while Onewa I imagine to be quite slim

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I've always thought that Matoran of the Green would have innate ability with plants that would manifest as a green thumb. Anything they grow and tend to is stronger, healthier, has more flowers or fruits. They could also tell things about plants, like how strong a vine is or if a plant is poisonous.I think Matoran of Magnetism having a mental compass would make sense, and also that it could get confused by them being inside a very strong magnetic field that overrides whatever greater field they're using for directions.Ba-Matoran being resistant to gravity and so jumping higher and falling slower makes sense. No additional comments.Plasmatoran would probably be even hotter than Ta-Matoran. Most plasma's in the form of stars, so something like being walking-talking solar batteries or having a higher body temperature would hook into that. Pahrak-Kal's usage of it was very much a heat thing, melting and superheating and such, so a Plasmatoran ability that's related to heat would fall in line with Plasma's previous usages.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

As fishers said in another topic, Sam, that misconception (which is pretty common) came from Onua having the Mask of Strength. But if you think about it, the fact that he needed a mask to be strong argues against innate strength, not for it. :) Po-Matoran need greater physical strength to lift rocks; Onu-Matoran don't need that to dig, but they do need to see well in dim light.
But I thought I read somewhere that the night-vision thing was actually something they developed over time, and not their true elemental trait? And their true elemental trait was sensitivity to vibrations in the ground.Speaking of which, I really think the Green Thumb thing would be better as something the Green Matoran would gain over time, due to their experience with plants, and not their elemental trait. Because, theoretically, couldn't anybody be good with plants if they had enough experience with them? I also thought of a different trait they could possibly have. Perhaps they could cause any plants in the area to grow faster just by being around them. Kinda like the stage 2 Plant Control Kraata. Edited by Anti Nui

As fishers said in another topic, Sam, that misconception (which is pretty common) came from Onua having the Mask of Strength. But if you think about it, the fact that he needed a mask to be strong argues against innate strength, not for it. :) Po-Matoran need greater physical strength to lift rocks; Onu-Matoran don't need that to dig, but they do need to see well in dim light.
But I thought I read somewhere that the night-vision thing was actually something they developed over time, and not their true elemental trait? And their true elemental trait was sensitivity to vibrations in the ground.
Onu-Matoran, Matoran of Earth, have limited night vision.
BS01=/= perfect accuracy, but I don't remember reading anything about Onu-Matoran being sensitive to ground vibrations, or any story situation where that was used. In fact, if they were sensitive, I'd think they would know about the incoming Rahkshi (MoL) a little faster than they did...

Huh. Good point. I don't know, then. The sensing vibrations thing came from the Earth page, but as you said, BS01 is not necessarily accurate 100% of the time. I also found where I read that part about the Onu-Matoran developing their night vision from the Onu-Metru page:

Most Onu-Matoran are Miners or Archivists, and are so used to underground work that they have developed their own form of night vision.

Onu-Matoran represent the element of Earth and come in shades of black, gray, purple, orange, and tan. Onu-Matoran also contain a very minuscule amount of elemental Earth energy, to the extent that they are able to sense vibrations in the ground and have excellent night vision. They are also physically stronger than other Elemental Types of Matoran. Almost all Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Earth are male.
"Almost all...":wince:Anyway, it looks like the reference has failed us slightly - and it could be argued the opposite way. Onu-Matoran became sensitive over time to ground vibrations to warn them of Rahi attacks. Time to go to the OGD...

Onu-Matoran represent the element of Earth and come in shades of black, gray, purple, orange, and tan. Onu-Matoran also contain a very minuscule amount of elemental Earth energy, to the extent that they are able to sense vibrations in the ground and have excellent night vision. They are also physically stronger than other Elemental Types of Matoran. Almost all Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Earth are male.
"Almost all...":wince:Anyway, it looks like the reference has failed us slightly - and it could be argued the opposite way. Onu-Matoran became sensitive over time to ground vibrations to warn them of Rahi attacks. Time to go to the OGD...
Sp po matorans arent the strongest

Sp po matorans arent the strongest
No, what that quote means is that Onu-Matoran are stronger than, say, Le-Matoran due to their lifestyle of mining/archiving. Po-Matoran have an elemental trait of being stronger, so they will be stronger than Onu-Matoran.

It definately sounds like we need some GregF archaeology. I have never heard the vibration thing from Greg, though the original Onua bio did say he could sense ground vibrations (but then he's a Toa of the ground, so of course he could). And I also don't recall Greg ever saying their night vision was learned rather than being their main elemental trait. It was always agreed in these topics on the old forums that night vision was their elemental trait; the vibration thing never came up that I recall, so it has the smell of non-canonness...He did say, though (I think) that they tend to be stronger on average than other (non-Po) Matoran. But Po-Matoran are stronger.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

. And I also don't recall Greg ever saying their night vision was learned rather than being their main elemental trait. It was always agreed in these topics on the old forums that night vision was their elemental trait
It would make sense if they adapted to it. I was locked in Dark cage, I would start to see really well in the dark. Im sure it has been said that Onu matorans eyes really hurt when they see light

. And I also don't recall Greg ever saying their night vision was learned rather than being their main elemental trait. It was always agreed in these topics on the old forums that night vision was their elemental trait
It would make sense if they adapted to it. I was locked in Dark cage, I would start to see really well in the dark. Im sure it has been said that Onu matorans eyes really hurt when they see light
That was in Reign of Shadows I think, when Onua was talking about confusing Makuta. He said that Onu-Matoran are dazed and confused by the brightness at first, and take time to adapt.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't