Kingdom Hearts

Anti Black Coat is really easy if you just stay far away, shoot him with magic, and run for your life when he tries to use that attack that brings you to 1HP. If you're moving constantly he rarely hits you.Took me a minute to find out what the Activity Log was, but here it is.Play Time: 30:58Times Played: 9Average Play Time: 3:26First Played: 7/31/2012Last Played: 8/3/2012I'm just a little bit addicted.:P

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

I was pretty underleveled at first but I had to do some grinding to be able to beat the final bosses. Now I'm grinding some more so I can beat the optional boss. And I hope that friend just got out of the second visit to Traverse Town and not the first.:P

Nope, first visit. :PAnd the optional boss is apparently very hard (of course), and balloon magic works best. And it's probably the easiest Ultima to get in all the games.Anyway, I'm on

Xemnas

and I'm Lv. 30 (Sora) and there's an attack which can completely take out my HP- from max. Need to do a lot of grinding...

Edited by III. Xaldin

Yeah, I couldn't beat the final bosses until level 40 on both characters, and I'm only playing on Standard. I watched some videos of the optional boss and they made it look easy. So of course I went to try it out and died in three hits. :P I have a Balloonga, I'm working on getting more.

Edited by Xehanort

So, I've beaten the final bosses, Sora at Lv. 34 and Riku at Lv. 30. I was having a bit of trouble until I changed Riku's deck to have Strike Raid, Fira x2, Firaga, Dark Firaga, and Curaga x3.

And the first Ansem is a total joke... Along with Anti Black Coat once you figure out it's attack patterns (which takes seconds). But I hate how Sora only has to fight Xemnas.

And it's the best endgame of all the non-numbered KH games.

I found that the secret boss was also a joke. I mean, in KH2 I died a few times trying to kill Sephiroth at level 99, and I killed this guy extremely easily on both characters at level 60. And the more difficult replays of the bosses from all the other worlds are just as easy.

I also just noticed that 3D takes place at least two years after Kingdom Hearts, as in the journal, it said BBS happened over a dozen years earlier.And I found out I screwed up on the questions, now I have to do the final battles all over again and answer the questions correctly to get the secret ending...

You guys have fun with your secret bosses. I just finished Tron's world yesterday. :PHad such a hard time too. Then I got to Pinocchio and everyone seems easier... I think I might've picked a poor order of worlds haha.Of course, I might also just be wasting time with the harder link portals...~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Agreed. When I entered the final world, I found that one wrong move would end me. It felt like such a jump after the two previous worlds. Ended up levelling both Sora and Riku to over 40, though thinking back I wouldn't have needed to level Riku for Anti Black Coat, after obtaining a dodge command for him that lets him shoot across the battlefield enveloped in shadow. Of course, the bosses after that probably would have still destroyed me, but thats beside the point.How many optional keyblades are there? I know theres the ones for beating the secret boss and getting gold in all the dives, but apparently theres at least one more I haven't learned about yet.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Just did a final boss run again for the secret ending, I was able to easily do the final two in Riku's side without dying or even getting into critical health at Lv. 30.And I believe there's one more extra Keyblade, for getting gold in all the flick rush cups.

So, I got around to writing up a review for Kingdom Hearts 3D, it didn't get the best score out of games I've reviewed, but it's one of the best 3DS games I've played. Might post it if I get around to editing it tomorrow.Anyways, I've been doing the Flick Rush Cups. They're fun in short bursts, but they get pretty boring after a while... Hopefully I'll be able to try the multiplayer in a few days, see how that stacks up to NPCs.And I accidentally walked into the Fountain Plaza, I was totally not expecting to run into the secret boss, got destroyed in seconds...

Here is my review of kingdom hearts DDD (in different parts,), this part being about the bosses.Now unlike most of the previous bosses in the previous games, these were relatively easier to take out, and the deck option in this game aided in taking them out. But then, like all kingdom hearts games, they slap in hard bosses near the middle, and either make them annoying (Spellican), or a fun challenge (Ansem first form). But what confused me the most out of all this was the final boss and the ansem II boss....they got switched. As you know kingdom hearts bosses, when comes to the final one, provide a combination of every skill you had and make you think it was the most epic and hard boss in the game, I mean most bosses are...'cept nightmare didn't live it up. Cheap as Spellican's teleporting. And I can understand why fans are complaining why the final boss wasn't ansem second form with some more power, but I see it as a major relief, and thank goodness they have a save before the final bosses, and also a shop if you want to either level up your spirits or make new ones.Overall, bosses? A good 8/10 (2 pints were taken due to Spellican and also a bit too easy in the start)Also I'm making a kingdom hearts RPG here on BZPower, which will take place before the darkness destroy the world of light.Also, foud the secret boss in Traverse town. I realized who it was when I say the head, and I was like, PFFFT please, till I was punched around the place....time to level up and get a strategy guide...

Edited by IX. Dymex

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Possibly, I hope so.Anywho, I have a few worlds that could fit with the story:Wasteland: We all know this (I mean of you hear or played Epic Mickey) and it already has the concept of a heart in it, and Oswald could be jealous of Mickey because Oswald was originally suppose to get the key blade first before Mickey, but because he was forgotten (and a good concept is when your forgotten, you loose your heart, but still retain your original form) he lost his heart, and is the log of Wasteland, which is now in the Realm Inbetween.The kingdom in tangled: This world would be interesting in choice, and I guess Rapunzel's hair could be used to restore life and also hearts (As she wanted to heal Flynn at the end, he died when he was stabbed in the chest (meaning his heart could unlock or something) and so yea,) and she becomes a target I guess.I have a lot more which I will add soon, Whatdo you think so far?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Since I doubt we'll see KH3 anytime soon, they should make another bridge game to hold us over that is just Kairi learning to use a keyblade. :P Seriously, though, she's the only good keyblade wielder who we haven't played as (okay, there's Lea, but Axel was playable in days).

On another note, I started a Lv. 1 Critical run of KH3D. I've died so many times now, it's insane. I'm gonna hate fighting Rinzler this time around...Anyways, good world choices so far, liking it.

I have to agree with a bridge game, but I also want to see something else...the key blade war. Yes, I think a game will be made about that, but not for a long time, or not at all. So yea. Also, I have some tips to beat Julius (aka secret boss), though I haven't tried them yet. First, always dodge (guess you would know that) second, use balloon based spells, all I got

More world ideas, Bara Magna: Just kidding, no way Bionicle could get in, despite Disney helping with the first three movies. But it would show what happens when a world is destroyed and returns to normal I guess.Back to the real stuff:Hawaii: I don't know what other name they could say, but if Stitch got his world (beforbe lasting off to earth) in Birth By Sleep, then by this time we should see Lilo. Yea I know, Stitch appeared in KHII but still.Treasure Planet (and the ship the crew is on): Makes a lot of since, ship travel through the space that allows Gummi Ships, key blades and suff to travel to worlds. If Hook's ship could, why not the one Jim was on, and they discover Treasure Planet. However, the before the goal was completed, treasure planet blows up, and it could be like the last world with pure light, or like a place were hearts are being kept to make another kingdom hearts. Little crazy but, whatever, fanboying here.Narnia: PLEASE!!!! I have been begging for the world to appear in the game! Even though it's based off a book, Disney made the movies, and it has a lot of good places for kingdom hearts elements, but I don't want them to destroy it and make it into something different ( id otn think it wouldnhappen, but i fear it) so, N/A for now.

The chances of Narnia appearing in KH are pretty much nil, as the series got handed over to 20th Century Fox for Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Still, it would be pretty awesome, and fit great.Also, some people have wanted other Square Enix series to appear in KH (one of them was TWEWY), and now some people want some of the Square Enix Manga worlds to be in KH, mostly Fullmetal Alchemist and Soul Eater. Personally, I think a Soul Eater-inspired world would be awesome, but that's probably even less likely than a Narnia world.And, since I'm finally on my computer, I now have my full review of KH3D in my new-ish review format:(Warning! Tons of text ahead! No real spoilers, though.)My overall opinion on Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance? If you're a Kingdom Hearts fan, this game is a must-have, if you're willing to drop the munny on a 3DS or have already done so. If you aren't a Kingdom Hearts fan, or haven't played any of the games, this is the perfect place to jump in. I'm going to say now that I got a 3DS last year just because of this game, so I had really high expectations. Thankfully, my expectations were met with a fun, fast adventure, but every adventure has a few bumps in the road.First, I'd like to focus on the story- Basically, it's about Sora and Riku (the two main protagonists of the Kingdom Hearts franchise) going on a journey through seven worlds to become Keyblade Masters- if you're lost at this point, don't worry- the game has a Memento system, with explanatory cutscenes featuring Mickey Mouse and Yen Sid (both classic Disney cartoon characters), a glossary, and well-written summaries of the previous six Kingdom Hearts games. Of course, if you've played those six games, you're probably all caught up on the story. Anyways, the story benefits from having seen, or having some knowledge of, the source Disney movies (The Disney worlds in this game are based off the movies The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tron: Legacy, Pinocchio, Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers, and Fantasia). The overarching story connecting everything together does a good job of keeping everything in line, and it's one of the better Kingdom Hearts stories (Need I remind anyone of the awful story of Re:coded?). Normally, everything flows fine, and the game, for the most part, explains most things and fills in almost all of the story gaps, and only occasionally leaves anything unexplained. The Grid is one of those worlds where they seem to expect you to have seen the movie, and I've never seen any of the other Disney movies featured in the game, and I got a little lost at points. I'm a bit disappointed, as this usually doesn't happen within the Kingdom Hearts games. But there's one world that might confuse you more than others a bit if you aren't too familiar with the source material... Traverse Town.Traverse Town is a Kingdom Hearts original world, usually filled with a bright and colorful cast of Square Enix characters. In Kingdom Hearts, it was a a town filled with faces familiar to fans of Square's Final Fantasy series. You had Aerith, Cid, Leon, Yuffie, Moogles, and a few Disney characters thrown in for good measure, such as Geppetto, Merlin, and The Nephews. Fortunately, everyone is introduced as a new character who lives here, and the Final Fantasy characters became main-ish characters, with nearly no story relation to their original games. However, In Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Traverse Town is home to the main characters of The World Ends With You. For TWEWY fans, this is just awesome, but for people who haven't played The World Ends With You, it can be both a little bit confusing and lose a bit of it's charm. You see, this world is loaded with TWEWY meta-references and jokes, from the Light Puck to the Noise to the Reaper's Game to CAT, the list goes on and on. And you won't get a good bit of what the heck the characters are actually talking about if you haven't played The World Ends With You, because none of it is explained at all in the game.Anyways, let's get on to the gameplay. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance uses the same basic system found in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded, which is a very good thing. You press A to attack, B to jump, and X to use action commands (Magic and special attacks and such). Yes, the game suffers from a bad case of Kingdom Hearts Camera (which is worsened by use of the Circle Pad Pro), and the platforming isn't always spot-on, but the biggest focus of the game is the combat, it's all great working and streamlined, although it's streamlined to the point where the command list only shows two commands instead of three, and you can't press X while on a recharging command to skip to the next ready one, like you could do in BBS and Re:coded. It works, but not as well as in the previous two titles. You can also link with Dream Eaters, monsters that fight by your side in your party (think Final Fantasy XIII-2). I prefer Sora's links, as they cause your Dream Eaters to do super attacks that give them temporary invincibility, while Riku's links cause the Dream Eaters to disappear and Riku goes into a sort of Command Style, similar to BBS. You can also play interact with your dream eaters with the touch screen, play with them, and feed them, like a Kingdom-Hearts style Nintendogs. Also, due to this game being on the Nintendo 3DS, there has to be a touch screen gimmick, and in this game it's called Reality Shift. Reality Shift differs for each world, although it basically comes down to doing a few basic actions on the touch screen to interact with the environment and attack enemies. It's different for every world, and for the most part they are rather enjoyable. And finally, we get to Flowmotion. Let me say this: Flowmotion is amazing. With Flowmotion, you can zip around worlds at lightning-fast speeds, being able to outspeed even the fastest of bosses (sometimes). It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you start flying off walls and pull of some nice Flowmotion attacks on some enemies, it's so much fun, and you wonder how Kingdom Hearts made it this long without Flowmotion. There is also a game called "Flick Rush", in which you flick numbered cards from the bottom screen to the top screen to have your Dream Eater attack your opponent's dream eater, and the higher number wins. It's enjoyable in short bursts, but not over a long period of time, and is sadly the only multiplayer mode.Next, I'll look at the presentation. The game looks pretty much the same as the Console and PSP Kingdom Hearts games, which is pretty good, some visual consistency is pretty nice. There's also a prerendered FMV opening cinematic, albeit this time with the instrumental version of Sanctuary instead of the vocal one. The 3D looks fantastic, especially in the drop sequences. There are some points where the camera might go inside something and then you see all the polygons and stuff, but that's very rare, and happens in nearly every 3D game. The music is good, although I was slightly disappointed about how non Daft Punk-ish the music in The Grid sounded, and the remixes of the songs from The World Ends With You were so great that they should have been in more than just a couple of cutscenes. The voice acting is solid, with most of the non-Kingdom Hearts characters having their original voice actors reprising their roles, and the Kingdom Hearts cast is pretty solid, too. However, I, like nearly all other kingdom hearts fans, believe that Haley Joel Osment is too old to still be voicing young Sora. He's fine as the 17-year-old Sora, but he just can't hit the 15-year-old Sora voice like he could ten years ago.Here, I'll look at the extra stuff. First-print runs of the standard edition com with three AR cards, the special edition comes with all five, and after first print runs will apparently come with one. Of course, the cards are easily printable and usable from the internet, so that's no problem. Anyways, the rare Dream Eaters you get from the cards come in handy, especially R&R Seal, which has the maximum amount of HP boost abilities, plus it's a pretty good ally. Another extra feature this game has is Circle Pad Pro compatibility, which kinda works and kinda doesn't. It's fantastic for iproving locking on, as it adds ZL and ZR buttons, so it has shoulder buttons similar to a Dualshock 2, and they function exactly as they did in Kingdom Hearts. However, the main feature of the Circle Pad Pro, the extra Circle Pad, isn't implemented very well, but it seems to mostly be because it's a Kingdom Hearts game with an awful camera, just like the rest. Touching the second circle pad can cause the camera to go in all sorts of directions, and with the not-exactly-great camera following, this can spell disaster in battles and while using Flowmotion. Try it if you wan't but dont spend your money on a CPP if you are only going to use it for this game. Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil make much better use of it.And finally, I'll look at the Fun Factor. Of course, this is the first Kingdom Hearts game to feature flowmotion, which is a blast to use, and is probably the most fun you can have in a videogame getting from point A to point B. The story, while not always crystal-clear, was still very entertaining, with a good bit of comedy tossed in at the right places. There's also a good bit of extra stuff to do, including the unlockable critical mode, the Secret/Special portals, the ability to transfer Dream Eaters to a new save file, secret boss and keyblades, Flick Rush Multiplayer, and StreetPass add up to a ton of extras, however, when compared to other Kingdom Hearts games, the longevity of this game is rather short. Pretty much every other KH game has things that keep you going through Level 99- insanely overpowered secret bosses, special missions, sidequests, etc. However, once you beat KH3D, the drive to hit the 99-level mark just isn't there. There's no reason to. You can beat any boss in the game with little trouble, including the harder boss rebattles, at around level 50-60, and it's not too difficult to hit that mark in under 40 hours. And, if you want to do critical mode, you might as well just stop your game right after you beat it, as the only things that carry over to critical are you Trophies and Dream Eaters, and playing through the game again might take another 30 hours, possibly 40-50 if you want everything. So, to get absolutely everything out of this game, you'll have to play around 70-80, possibly 90 hours, tops. However, for nearly every other KH game, I've played way past the 100 hour mark, and I still have things to do. I have the scores in the Paradox Battles in KH2, I have a couple holo-missions left in Days, and I still need the Ultima Weapon in Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, and Re:coded. However, KH3D comes out very short in the longevity section. It's still a blast to play, but the fun won't last as long as other Kingdom Hearts titles.So, I've covered pretty much everything. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is a must-have for fans who are willing to buy or already own a 3DS, and also for people who want to get into Kingdom Hearts. It's fun and fast-paced, and you'll most likely be enjoying it too much to notice the camera and platforming issues. Even with it's shorter longevity than other Kingdom Hearts titles, it's still the best portable Kingdom Hearts title, ranking up there with the two numbered games in terms of Story and Gameplay. It's a fantastic Action-RPG experience that you shouldn't be hesitant to dive right into.THE FINAL SCORESStory: + It manages to take all the Kingdom Hearts lore and place it in a neat and organized Memento system and Glossary, which makes it perfect for newcomers, returning fans, or KH fanatics. + The story wraps itself up nicely at the end and does a great job at setting up KH3, and there are very few (main story) plotholes, if any. It's one of the best to date. - Some things can be confusing if you aren't familiar with the source material.Story Rating: 8/10Gameplay: + Very solid combat, like always. + Flowmotion is the best addition to Kingdom Hearts since they replaced Sora's original chainsaw with a Keyblade in the planning stages of Kingdom Hearts. - It suffers from the same camera and platforming issues that have plagued the series from the beginning. But you'll be having too much fun to notice. - Flick Rush works, but it's rather uninteresting, and it's the only multiplayer mode.Gameplay Rating: 8.5/10Presentation: + Kingdom Hearts has had a constant visual style since the beginning, and we finally see the series on a Nintendo handheld the way it's supposed to look. + Over half the time I played the game, I played it in 3D, and the 3D looks great. - The sound is usually pretty good, but there are some tracks that should have been used more and some that didn't sound entirely right. Also, Haley Joel Osment can't voice younger Sora anymore.Presentation Rating: 8.5/10Extra Features: + Ar Cards provide useful dream eaters. + You can print AR cards off the internet. - You don't want to play this game with the circle pad pro. (However, I won't count that against the score as the CPP is sold separately. If I did, this section would get a 3/10.)Extra Features Rating: 8/10Fun Factor: + Did I say that Flowmotion is AMAZING?!? + The story, while being very good, is also very entertaining (Especially when Sora turns around at the end of the game). + The unlockable critical mode, ability to battle bosses again, ability to transfer Dream Eaters to a new save file, and StreetPass add up to a ton of extras. Oh, and did I mention there are Trophies? - Even with all the extra stuff mentioned above, the longevity of the other KH games isn't there as much. - Some of the boss battles can be pretty hard (Rinzler). But hey, what fun is a game without a challenge?Fun Factor Rating: 8/10TOTAL RATING: 41/50

Edited by III. Xaldin

Believe me, these bosses in the game (like Rinzler and Ansem II form) are the cream of the crop in bosses of Kingdom Hearts! And I like how they replaced Seperoth with Julius, a character only true Disney fans would know.Anywho, I'm now working on a RPG idea(which may not happen) and a fanstory, maybe turn it into a fan game. If you guys wanna help with either pm me.

I would kind of love a game that's just Kairi lerning to use the Keyblade...but then again, I'm quite biased, that topic alone does not make a super-compelling premise, and a lot of fans would probably get kind of mad if they had to continue waiting for KH3. Then again...that last reason just makes me want it even more. :P Yeah, maybe I'm a little spiteful, I'm just really, really irritated by those people who have done nothing but whine about KH3 ever since KH2 was released. Were I in Nomura-san's shoes, I would have long ago said "Stop whining or you won't get a KH3!"

Another Stitch world would be pretty great, and given the recent inclusion of The Grid in addition to Space Paranoids, it does seem like there could be a chance for Hawaii to show up.As for other Square-Enix properties, I would be quite interested in a Fullmetal world, but Shibuya, FFV characters, and Pixar worlds still dominate my hopes. :P

I think Pixar movies really have a shot at being in KH, Woody & Buzz were originally intended to be summons in either KHFM or KHIIFM (can't remember which, although I think it was KHIIFM), and their untextured models are actually in the game. Also, Woody was shown for a second in the BBS opening.However, if they do a Pixar movie, I'd really like them to do either The Incredibles or Up, those were both fantastic and they could easily be put into the KH universe, IMO.

So here's a question,If you could have anytwo dream eaters, who's old they be?I would choose a Meow Wow and a KO Kabuto.

Spellican is my new least favorite boss thus far.~|ET|~
Out of every boss i fought, it was the one I had the most attempts on. It was so cheap with moving across the battle field and teleporting (which whenever a boss teleports I now refer to as Spellicaning), and when you ride the little star road thing, the big meteors are super easy to avoid, but he spams you with the pink orbs that it's hard to avoid.This was a hated, annoying and hard boss, worse kinds of bosses.

I had to use nearly all my Drop-Me-Nots on Spellican at Lv. 25, I have no idea how I'll beat it on my Lv. 1 Critical Run...
...Yeah I've never used one of those. You get Cure so early in the game (and Curaga's not hard either) that I've not touched items since then.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

25? I beat the guy at level 17-19!Infact I finished the game at level 26

Standard, didn't want to try beginner cause I already knew how to play it (thank you demo), I'm gonan level up to the final level then try either proud or critical

Game Mode: Proud ModeReport Completion: 76%Enemies Defeated: 3381Most Used Command: Drain Dive x919Most Used Flowmotion: Wall Kick x999Clear Time: 40:33Spirits Collected: 58%Spirit Smiles: 722Most Used Link: Whomperstomp x18Best Spirit Friend: Abby (Meow Wow)Most Used Training Toy: Water Barrel x21Fiiiinally beat KH3D! Now if only it hadn't decided to not accept that I dove through the "a" and "c" I'd have also got the secret ending, but I guess I'll just have to watch that online. >_>~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

The credit dive can be reattempted from the Theatre menu--it takes a while to get to that part, and it may still take a few tries, but it's much easier than beating final bosses again. I definitely recommend trying this before watching it online, though--the feeling of unlocking a secret movie is quite unique.(Also, if you do complete the dive from the theatre menu, you'll have to exit the Mementos menu before the secret ending actually appears. It's a wierd technicality...)