Are The Copper Masks Of Victory Really Copper?

hiso the other day I recieve some bionicle masks from ebay. of them, one was what appears to be the kanohi huna copper mask of victory. However, when I went to look at it I realized it wasnt copper...This surprised me because I always thought that since they were called the "copper" masks of victory, they would actually be copper; I assumed that if they could make a solid 14 karat gold hau, or a platinum avhokii, they would make these copper... are they supposed to be copper? and If they are, then what do I have, and how rare is it? thanks

Well the thing is, the real-gold Hau and platinum Avohkii were promotional, and only one Avohkii and a few Haus were made. The Copper Masks were much more numerous, so it would've been much more costly to make them out of metal.It's like how (most) "gold" or "silver" Kanohi aren't actually made of gold or silver. Collectibles made of something other than plastic usually have names that identify the material, such as the 72 sterling silver Krana-Kal.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Those copper masks aren't really copper. If they were actually copper, Lego will probably be nearly broke trying to gather up the materials and making them to masks. Instead, it would make more sense if they were just painted copper. Although they weren't copper, it would be nice if they were.

pWPTu7m.jpg