Why Did The Great Beings Choose Their Method Of Fixing The Shattering?

I'm sure you probably looked at this topic thinking "wait, what?" so I'll specify. When the great beings learned what the EP was doing to the planet, why did they decide to deal with it by building an uncomprehendingly tall robot and filling it with beings they created to power it. The mission could have failed easily (and thanks to Teridax, it almost did). Although it's much more creative and hopeful than a fallout shelter, they could have approached it like they did in the melding alternate universe, or letting the Glatorian and Agori inhabit the robot, or making Mata Nui repair the planet right afterwards

Thatsss a niccce village you got there

image2.jpg

It'd be a ssshame if sssomething happened to it

Perhaps because they themselves don't particularly care about the state of the pieces of Spherus Magna, and they mainly wanted to see if their fancy programming could do the job in a roundabout way? It seems rather in line with their general "FOR SCIENCE" attitude.~B~

The mission could have failed easily (and thanks to Teridax, it almost did).
I disagree with this part. Teridax interfering happened because the GBs accidently created artificial sapience. There's nothing easy about that. :)It -is- a nearly unimaginable choice of solution, but that's what made it so cool because we didn't see it coming, and once you learn of it, it's easy to figure that humanoid beings might think of a humanoid shape for their repair robot. Humans have been thinking of human shapes for robots for a long time, actually far longer than we've been able to make them lol. (Back to Greek mythology, at the latest.)As for Matoran and not Agori/Glatorian, relying on them to do the right thing didn't turn out so well in the Core War, did it? The GBs almost certainly thought it would be better to make their own "beings" that would only do what they programmed them to do. (Of course, that didn't work with the Baterra.... but whatcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do?)I don't recall about the melding universe offhand.As for time, it was confirmed that the fragments were unstable and needed a long time to stabilize so it would be safe, and I think it's also strongly implied that Mata Nui was studying other planets out there to learn more about geology so there'd be less risk of doing it wrong. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Because their method could do the other functions, like studying worlds, future jobs, etc. As Bonesiii said, they didn't see the sentience coming.Plus it was cool, and GB's seem to like creating cool things. BS01 states they have an obsession with it.Another thing is there aren't very many ways to perfectly fix up a planet that shattered into three pieces. Lol, you wanna try it?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Now riddle me this, when aqua and bota magna were reattached, Wouldn't about half of the planets been completely buried. Unless AM's water/sea creatures were quickly forced up to the "upper side" and same with BM's wildlife by the great spirit's gravity power. (perhaps something similar aided Voya Nui in falling perfectly into place except caused by Artakha) (some "riddle", I just answered it lol)

Another thing is there aren't very many ways to perfectly fix up a planet that shattered into three pieces. Lol, you wanna try it?
Challenge Accepted

Thatsss a niccce village you got there

image2.jpg

It'd be a ssshame if sssomething happened to it

Now riddle me this, when aqua and bota magna were reattached, Wouldn't about half of the planets been completely buried. Unless AM's water/sea creatures were quickly forced up to the "upper side" and same with BM's wildlife by the great spirit's gravity power. (perhaps something similar aided Voya Nui in falling perfectly into place except caused by Artakha) (some "riddle", I just answered it lol)
Another thing is there aren't very many ways to perfectly fix up a planet that shattered into three pieces. Lol, you wanna try it?
Challenge Accepted
That's where the Mask of Life, forged by the Great Beings themselves, came in. It perfectly melded together the planets and re-integrated them.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Challenge Accepted
There was only life on one side, at least of Bota Magna. Greg described it as taking a chunk of your yard out; there's only grass on one side, so put it back in, and no grass is buried.TNG, I haven't heard that the Ignika was involved in the reforming, although it's a reasonable theory. It might have commanded sea creatures on Aqua Magna to swim to one side, but I don't know that there would have been time. Also, we don't know that there were sea creatures that spread to that side. It's likely they hung around Mata Nui Island since that's where food might have been.That said, some animals might have been harmed in the remaking of that planet.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The Melding Alternate Universe
On the Spherus Magna of this universe, the Great Beings here constructed the Matoran as large beings resembling the main universe's Toa so that they could perform the labor in villages. In contrast, the Toa were given the smaller stature of the main universe's Matoran for added agility. They were also granted Elemental Powers and the ability to use Kanohi. The first Toa were created to repair the planet and protect it from the cataclysm that the Great Beings felt was imminent after Energized Protodermis was discovered and the war over it began. The Toa were sent underground with containers to hold the Energized Protodermis and the duty of repairing all of the planet's damage. After five years, the task, dubbed the Melding, was successfully completed.
It wasn't a way to fix the planet; rather they took preventative measures to prevent it from Shattering in the first place. I agree with those who said that the Mata Nui robot needed to explore and such to figure out how to fix the planet. Now, why the main universe's Great Beings didn't use this solution...that's a very good question. It seems that there was some evil element acting that prevented them from using this solution, although it might be as simple as the main universe GBs not thinking of it or them wanting the SM inhabitants to have 100,000 years of suffering as punishment for their war.

It seems that there was some evil element acting that prevented them from using this solution, although it might be as simple as the main universe GBs not thinking of it or them wanting the SM inhabitants to have 100,000 years of suffering as punishment for their war.
Whoa, that's an idea I like -- the Great Beings want 100,000 years of life after the Shattering to teach the people of Spherus Magna a lesson. But we already know that the reason they had to wait 100,000 years was for the fragments to settle -- I guess they wouldn't be aligned or orbiting right until then. As for why they didn't Meld the planet in the Main Universe, I guess either they didn't think of it or by the time they could have done that it was too late -- maybe in the Melding Universe they came up with a solution earlier.About the whole method... well, it seems they could have made a big gravity machine (or more than one) to do half of the job and sent out a space probe to do the other half. But that wouldn't have been as cool. Another idea I had was that the way the society of the beings in the Matoran Universe developed was meant to be studied just as Mata Nui studied alien species as he traveled. But the fact that the MU inhabitants were not meant to be sentient messes up that possibility.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

It seems that there was some evil element acting that prevented them from using this solution, although it might be as simple as the main universe GBs not thinking of it or them wanting the SM inhabitants to have 100,000 years of suffering as punishment for their war.
Whoa, that's an idea I like -- the Great Beings want 100,000 years of life after the Shattering to teach the people of Spherus Magna a lesson. But we already know that the reason they had to wait 100,000 years was for the fragments to settle -- I guess they wouldn't be aligned or orbiting right until then. As for why they didn't Meld the planet in the Main Universe, I guess either they didn't think of it or by the time they could have done that it was too late -- maybe in the Melding Universe they came up with a solution earlier.
Actually, I pictured it more like this:Great Being 1: If the tribes tap the Energized Protodermis, they're going to shatter the planet.Great Being 2: Let them. All they do is fight and cause trouble. If the planet explodes, it will take 100,000 years for the planet's shards to cool down so they can reform. That will leave 100,000 years for the inhabitant's tempers to cool down as well. Great Being 1: Yes, yes. Agreed. Edited by fishers64

Well, it's sort of how we send spacecraft into space to learn more about the universe. Except we don't send sentient robots with little people in them...and they had a much bigger problem and reasoning behind it to deal with. You'd think they'd have found a simpler way to do it, right? :lol:

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

And, although all sentient life we've seen so far have thought in the same manner of humans, the great beings aren't people. Their logic might be totally different then ours. To their alien mindsets, making a robot to study other planets and then use gravity powers to re-form the Spherus Magna was the most obvious, logical idea. It got more complicated as tehy relized they'd need matenaince workers and such. Actually, making a robot that used gravity powers was a pretty simple idea in theory. Its just in the application that things got complicated.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

And, although all sentient life we've seen so far have thought in the same manner of humans, the great beings aren't people.
Not humans. Are people. Just sayin'. :)
Why not a colossal amount of super glue, duct tape, and a tractor beam?
Or just duct tape lol.

Why not a colossal amount of super glue, duct tape, and a tractor beam?
None of these things exist in the Bionicle universe. Also, even duct tape would break under the strain of trying to hold three parts of planet together. Also, trying prevent warring inhabitants from interfering with tractor beam operation might be slightly difficult. :)By contrast, using a pair of giant robots actually from the same universe as the thing you're trying to repair is very simple. I congradulate the Great Beings on their simple solution to the universe's problems. :)

This topic has made my day, just read it through completely. :)I like the idea that the Great Beings would do something the hard way, because people don't learn from the easy way. If it's true, I think they've finally earnt the title of "Great Beings", as opposed to just "Beings".

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't