Question, question and question.

A too long time passed sience Greg revealed the 3rd chapter of "Yesterday quest" and 4th of "Powers that Be". Yeah sooooo many theories was posted and still posting in topic guessing who is this mysterious GB, what his goals and so on.A today i read again these web serials to stay tuned with story, and i have some, arguments and questions, and i hope you guys can help me.There is at least 4 new characters introduced. One is famous mystic great being, (Yesterday Quest), other is Murderer who kills all MU strongest beings, (Powers that Be), Kestora who live in Red Star and, Some guy, who gave Kabrua (Vorox from the Bota Magna) information about Toa.And in this tune i want to argue and ask:1. Can this Mad GB who is with Miserix, Teyet, Vezon, Axonn, Brutaka, Helryx, and Arthaka, in a GB fortress, give Kabrua info, how to shut, or turn off Toa's powers? As recalling, he was imprisoned on Bota Magna, before Mata Nui restored Spherus Magna. So why Kabrua could't find him in this fortress and ask him all about it? Before Miserix and others arrived?2. Strongest of my theories is that biomechanical murderer from "Powers that Be" is the mystic Great Being from "Yesterday Quest".Arguments?He is a BIOMECHANICAL murderer as it stated in web serial, and GB also transferred his mind, or i don't know what to a one of GB creations. So this could lead to theory that he is murderer. What's your theories?3. If, the GB Fortres' GB is not one who gave Kabrua information on how to turn off Toa powers then what you think who could it be? GB?4. Kestora keep the Red Star operating. But...they said that many MU residents somehow turned out to be in Red Star like Mavrah.How? What goal do the Kestora wanted to dissect Kopaka and Pohatu? And what they are?Argue and leave your theories.AND PLEASE DON"T CLOSE THIS TOPIC!!! IT'S NOT SPECULATIVE. IT'S JUST FOR THEORIES.

Okay, let's give it my best shot. These are great questions by the way, some I would like answered.1. I guess he could, but I would consider it extremely unlikely, because he's probably got some living object guards for him. I'm thinking that there's another character we haven't heard about or one that we might presume dead who somehow got to Bota Magna, and after some brutal torture, experimentation, or disection, they got their knowledge. I guess your theory does make sense though, since he's the only one we know of on Bota Magna who knows about the Toa, but we don't know many being from Bota Magna.2. That's what I was thinking, and it would really support the argument that the GB is Velika, from exerpts such as:

Baleful eyes started up at an imposing edifice of rock and mortar.
Seems very Matoran-like
A little of this, a little of that, and the fortress would be so much rubble... and the universe far better off.
I'm pretty sure Po-Matoran sometimes have a "rock sense," like Pohatu used in Bionicle Chronicles #4: Tales of the Masks.
He sat down on the ground and picked up a stone. Humming to himself, he began to carve it into a memorial marker for those about to die.
Po-Matoran carvers?Well, it hasn't been confirmed, but it does make sense to me. The murderer talks about "a Plan," and it kinda seems like something the GBs would cook up.3. As stated above, something/someone we don't know about yet on Bota Magna, or someone from Aqua Magna who somehow ended up there. Could be using a Mask power, or maybe as some cruel Makuta experiment, or something. No idea.4. Well, last we saw Mavrah, he was falling into some pretty turbulent waters about to become fish food. I'm as confused as you as to how he got to the Red Star. It might have been revealed in the next chapter, but now we'll never know. My guess is someone, maybe an OoMN member, decided he was worth keeping alive, and transported him to a secret base on the Red Star. The Kestora also said:
But look at them!” said the first to speak. “It must be working again, or how could they be here like that?”
So, it seems there is some kind of teleportation device on the Red Star, maybe connected to the Nyrah Ghosts somehow, and it had been sabotaged or destroyed somehow. Maybe a Nyrah Ghost saved Mavrah, or even Gaardus himself!As for Kestora, they seem like nasty creatures already, and they're trying to keep the Red Star a secret. They don't have much to gain scientifically from dissection of a Toa, considering they're living in a biomechanical machine, and they themselves are Biomechanical.

1) It was basically a prison, as I understand it, so the Cursed GB can't go around seeking his own purposes. The hidden GB apparently can and did.2) Given that everybody in the MU is biomechanical, that's hardly evidence specifically favoring the GB as the murderer over any others... But many people do think the GB is the murderer. Personally, I go back and forth on it, leaning against it. It just seemed too easy, and not fitting a GB. But we'll probably never know.3) The fact that you're not sure about this throws me into doubt, but I was under the impression we knew that the hidden GB was the one that gave that Vorox the information to shut down Toa powers. I thought Greg confirmed it.4) I'm almost as confused and intrigued about the RS/Mavrah/Kestora thing as anybody. I do have a crazy theory but it's borrowed from one of the unpublished secrets in my Paracosmos fanfics so I can't say it yet. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

1. Can, but it would be unlikely, seeing as he cannot leave the fortress. He might have communicated telepathically with Kabrua to make that happen or spoke with him, but he wouldn't have been able to provide Kabrua with the technology, seeing as he's in jail. (The other GBs aren't going to give him Toa-busting power blasters. He's crazy.) The hidden GB, unless he has a really super-secret stash, is unlikely to have that stuff either. Probably something else at work. 2. There's some evidence that the two may be one and the same. Basically it depends on whether the GBs are evil. There's some evidence for and against that - I go back and forth on it as well. 3. See number 1.4. My opinion on it is that some beings with malicious means teleported Marvah and his aquatic wildlife farm up to the Red Star. The Kestora don't like Marvah's farm and feel pretty threatened, so they attack. 

That's a good guesses.....i didn't even knew....Still. I think GB and Murderer one and same.And for Kestora, they are vicious creatures but if they didn't wanted Mavrah and company come then why would they didn't teleported him back?An another argument to my teory that Murderer is GB, is that, he knows who was inside the GB fortress, and he found it on bota magna. If murderer is MU character, how he knew that? MU never knew about the bota magna. And also murderer knew that in this fortress another mad GB.

Edited by bonesiii

Given that the entire MU population has just been integrated with the Bara Magna population, any of them could learn of Bota Magna. And they all just saw it fly over their heads as Mata Nui was merging the planet. They might wonder what that was. I sure would. So they all have good reason to ask around.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

That's a good guesses.....i didn't even knew....Still. I think GB and Murderer one and same.And for Kestora, they are vicious creatures but if they didn't wanted Mavrah and company come then why would they didn't teleported him back?
Who says that the Red Star has teleportation powers? Or that the Kestora know how to use them? I'm guessing the latter is not, because the Kestora talked about things "coming" to them, as if by an unknown means. They probably don't even know what teleportation is, let alone how to use it. And a GB, hidden or not, would likely know about Bara Magna...

Well, this mainly deals with the murderer's identity.Didn't the Great Beings create something that was designed to destroy all MU inhabitants? What was it called? Something with an M I think. We were introduced to one of the Great Beings (Agnonce?) when this thing was mentioned. Considering it was created by the Great Beings, wouldn't it stand to reason that it is most likely biomechanical?Plus, the murders would appear to fit into such a creation's MO: Destroy the most powerful beings first (Tren Krom, Karzahni, etc). The Great Beings would want their most powerful creations to be taken out first, logically, as they would be the most difficult to deal with if they were free to roam. Another interesting trait was the murderer carving a stone for those who were about to die. Perhaps this is a sort of log to keep track of its progress, or perhaps a trail for the Great Beings to keep track of? I'm not entirely sure about this. Is there any evidence to suggest that this is incorrect?

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Well, this mainly deals with the murderer's identity.Didn't the Great Beings create something that was designed to destroy all MU inhabitants? What was it called? Something with an M I think. We were introduced to one of the Great Beings (Agnonce?) when this thing was mentioned. Considering it was created by the Great Beings, wouldn't it stand to reason that it is most likely biomechanical?Plus, the murders would appear to fit into such a creation's MO: Destroy the most powerful beings first (Tren Krom, Karzahni, etc). The Great Beings would want their most powerful creations to be taken out first, logically, as they would be the most difficult to deal with if they were free to roam. Another interesting trait was the murderer carving a stone for those who were about to die. Perhaps this is a sort of log to keep track of its progress, or perhaps a trail for the Great Beings to keep track of? I'm not entirely sure about this. Is there any evidence to suggest that this is incorrect?
Marendar's mission was specifically to destroy Toa. There's nothing to suggest that he might be concerned about Tren Krom or Karzanhi. The person or people who made Marendar, however, would likely also want Tren Krom and Karzanhi dead, for the reasons you suggested.That's where the murderer=hidden GB rumor came from...I think...

So you're saying Marendar may be the murderer?

Marendar's mission was specifically to destroy Toa. There's nothing to suggest that he might be concerned about Tren Krom or Karzanhi. The person or people who made Marendar, however, would likely also want Tren Krom and Karzanhi dead, for the reasons you suggested.That's where the murderer=hidden GB rumor came from...I think...
Hmm, I don't see why they would keep the machine to destroy only toa. Then again, I suppose it is possibly that they made one for each type of species as there are more powerful beings than toa in the MU. Not to mention eradicating an entire universe that size could take more than one machine to do. Taking solely toa out of the equation would leave even more creatures that are just as hazardous, if not more, in contact with the Agori. I guess that idea is merely speculation, but it does make me wonder...
So you're saying Marendar may be the murderer?
It seems to be a possibility, at least to me anyway. Actually, I think it's one of the more likely ones considering that's what Marendar was created to do (and that Marendar escaped its holding chamber... thing...). Then again, I haven't really payed much mind to the story towards the end, so I was wondering if this had been ruled out as a possibility. The main argument I see is that Marendar's writing sounded like a person's. Then again, I suppose it could've had a glitch similar to the matoran and other inhabitants. The main difference being toa were programmed to protect, matoran were programmed to work and they kept those traits. Marendar was programmed to destroy, so if a glitch occurred, I'd imagine its personality traits would resemble... well, I suppose it goes without saying. Edited by Tekulo: Toa of the Breeze

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

That's a good guesses.....i didn't even knew....Still. I think GB and Murderer one and same.And for Kestora, they are vicious creatures but if they didn't wanted Mavrah and company come then why would they didn't teleported him back?
Who says that the Red Star has teleportation powers? Or that the Kestora know how to use them? I'm guessing the latter is not, because the Kestora talked about things "coming" to them, as if by an unknown means. They probably don't even know what teleportation is, let alone how to use it.And a GB, hidden or not, would likely know about Bara Magna...
Kestora knew. remember?“What are you doing here?” one of the beings asked. “You need to go back. You should be gone by now.”“No,” said another. “Don’t you remember what happened the last time? They wouldn’t go back and we had to --”The third interrupted, pointing at Gaardus. “That one has been here before. He was the last. He must know why no one can go now.”“But look at them!” said the first to speak. “It must be working again, or how could they be here like that?”They know some about red star. and they are realy unhappy what gaardus returned.

Who says that the Red Star has teleportation powers? Or that the Kestora know how to use them? I'm guessing the latter is not, because the Kestora talked about things "coming" to them, as if by an unknown means. They probably don't even know what teleportation is, let alone how to use it.And a GB, hidden or not, would likely know about Bara Magna...
Kestora knew. remember?“What are you doing here?” one of the beings asked. “You need to go back. You should be gone by now.”“No,” said another. “Don’t you remember what happened the last time? They wouldn’t go back and we had to --”The third interrupted, pointing at Gaardus. “That one has been here before. He was the last. He must know why no one can go now.”“But look at them!” said the first to speak. “It must be working again, or how could they be here like that?”They know some about red star. and they are realy unhappy what gaardus returned.
Evidencing from that dialogue, it would appear that Mavrah and his Rahi fought back. Mavrah had some pretty nasty creatures- I'm sure they wouldn't exactly all peacefully jump in a teleporter.

You know, it might be possible that Takadox is the murderer. He has motive (for Tren Krom): (From Federation of Fear)

Only Takadox paused to look back at the cavern where Carapar had died, wondering for a moment just what it would take to end the life of a being older than the stars.
And for the others, he wants to regain his kingdom, so annihilating the beings of power would make sense.He could have hypnotized Lesovikk to kill Karzahni, thus framing him, and just killed Tren Krom as revenge for his "favorite pawn."Basically, Takadox has some pretty good reasons to be the killer.

• 4 weeks later...

GB is Velika. And it proves that GReat Being and Killer is one and same. Velika is po matoran, and murderer carved names of those who need to be killed, in stone.Yet, i think it can be Takadox.....

Edited by bonesiii
Please do not forget to use spoiler tags next time. -bones

GB is Velika. And it proves that GReat Being and Killer is one and same. Velika is po matoran, and murderer carved names of those who need to be killed, in stone.Yet, i think it can be Takadox.....

-cough- Spoiler that fresh news.

It doesn't prove anything, anyway -- it's a good thought, but Po-Matoran are only known for being good at carving. Crude memorial stones are probably in the ability of even the clumsiest of Matoran, and Velika's known for his ability as inventor and tinkerer anyway. By your logic, the murderer's more likely Hafu because he's a really, really good carver. :P

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

-cough- Spoiler that fresh news.

It doesn't prove anything, anyway -- it's a good thought, but Po-Matoran are only known for being good at carving. Crude memorial stones are probably in the ability of even the clumsiest of Matoran, and Velika's known for his ability as inventor and tinkerer anyway. By your logic, the murderer's more likely Hafu because he's a really, really good carver. :P

Hafu? :lol:That guy can travel hundreds of miles in a few hours or mind-control Lesovikk to murder Karz, and be back at the insane GB fortress in time for lunch/explosion?Good point about the craving, however. I think it is more likely that the murderer is Takadox, except for that carving - it rules him out. Edited by fishers64

How does it rule him out? It doesn't sound like him, but we don't know he wouldn't do that, do we?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

How does it rule him out? It doesn't sound like him, but we don't know he wouldn't do that, do we?
Takadox isn't the type to go make carvings. It's incredibly inconsistant with his character. Now, the rest makes sense - Takadox could easily hypnotize Lesovikk to go kill Karz and TK - and has the motive to go kill MU powers that be. He might, given the right materials, be able to rig up a bomb. But I still don't really have an easy answer for this. It's not like the GB, where everyone knew the right answer and Greg was like, here it is. Logically, the murderer would have to be:1. Either able to move at high speed, teleport, or mind control Lesovikk to do the first two murders on the south side of the planet and then end up by the insane GB's fortress on Bota Magna. That is, unless Greg was talking far into the future, but it was fairly implied, if not stated that the Bota Magna scene happened as Kopaka and Pohatu were investigating TK and the star, which was less than a day after that murder took place. 2. Want to kill powerful MU beings3. Want to carve a memorial stone for the residents of the insane GB fortress, either as act of sadism or respect for the beings inside. I note that no memorial stone was there for Karz and TK, indicating that the murderer did not respect them or wasn't even there, as per the Lesovikk mind control theory. 4. Have the means, materials, and knowledge to rig up a bomb. One other thing: Tren Krom's dying scream indicated that the being at hand had something to do with the Red Star. It's possible that Tren Krom saw that information in the Murderer's head, indicating that he might had gone through the Red Star to travel so quickly.By the way, did we get confirmed that this is a character we know, and that they're from the MU?

I don't think so, but if you check my post above, I had a few reasons why it could be Takadox, but I guess I probably should reread Yesterday Quest.And I also made some reasons why the GB could be the murderer in the guessing topic:

Just putting this in a spoiler, just to be safe.1. Pretty much the only descripton we got of the murderer was his/her "baleful eyes," which I think would fit a Matoran.2. Po-Matoran are generally considered carvers.3. Some beings with the Stone Element were considered to have a "rock sense," such as Pohatu breaking down a stone wall in Tales of the Masks, and the murderer seemed to imply that kind of thing.4. Velika would have a few reasons to kill Karzahni.5. A GB probably could also have technology or powers to help him travel quickly and kill beings like Tren Krom. I mean, no normal being could just kill Tren Krom. Just look at what happened to Carapar.6. A GB would want to get rid of the powerful beings (like using Marendar, for proof) to prevent them from finding/usurping the GBs, and yet would have a respect for them as their own creations.

So, any comments? I'm pretty sure the murderer is one of the two.

I don't think so, but if you check my post above, I had a few reasons why it could be Takadox, but I guess I probably should reread Yesterday Quest.And I also made some reasons why the GB could be the murderer in the guessing topic:

Just putting this in a spoiler, just to be safe.1. Pretty much the only descripton we got of the murderer was his/her "baleful eyes," which I think would fit a Matoran.2. Po-Matoran are generally considered carvers.3. Some beings with the Stone Element were considered to have a "rock sense," such as Pohatu breaking down a stone wall in Tales of the Masks, and the murderer seemed to imply that kind of thing.4. Velika would have a few reasons to kill Karzahni.5. A GB probably could also have technology or powers to help him travel quickly and kill beings like Tren Krom. I mean, no normal being could just kill Tren Krom. Just look at what happened to Carapar.6. A GB would want to get rid of the powerful beings (like using Marendar, for proof) to prevent them from finding/usurping the GBs, and yet would have a respect for them as their own creations.

So, any comments? I'm pretty sure the murderer is one of the two.

But could Velika have the tech to sheild himself from TK's mind? The GB couldn't sheild himself from a memory wipe, and how would a lowly Matoran get a Tren Krom blasting machine. Unless he had the ability to reprogram Lesovikk's brain, or something.

The GB couldn't sheild himself from a memory wipe, and how would a lowly Matoran get a Tren Krom blasting machine.
Something that occured to me earlier today is that if the murderer -is- Velika GB, perhaps there was a vehicle/weapon/shield buried somewhere on SM, and he knew where it was.But remember the reason for being unable to avoid the memory wipe is more complicated than just inability. Even if he has the ability to switch off any powers, if he did that to the hybernation thing, he would suffocate, and the mindwipe was part of that power. Or, he could refuse to get in the pods, and fail to blend in. If he was a Metruan, he would have to accept the mindwipe, or he would die or risk facing strong opposition/blowing his cover.Murdering a powerful being is a completely different scenario. He would know especially for TK what his powers are, and could sneak up on him. There would be no situational downside to just switching off TK's powers, then using some kind of weapon he'd invented on him. Plus he no longer needs to blend.

Edited by bonesiii

Murdering a powerful being is a completely different scenario. He would know especially for TK what his powers are, and could sneak up on him. There would be no situational downside to just switching off TK's powers, then using some kind of weapon he'd invented on him. Plus he no longer needs to blend.

No, actually, he blends better when he does that....*Velika walks past, carrying a bunch of weapons parts on a cart.*Turaga Dume: Hey, what is that Matoran doing with that stuff? Isn't that a little violent?Garan: Nah, we know Velika. He just likes building things.So yeah, Velika would be the guy who could get away with building things because of his reputation as a tinkerer. Of course, there's the matter of Velika actaully having time to build his machine: maybe he just found it on SM. Or maybe the Red Star is the machine.

I was talking about switching off powers, not tinkering, under the theory that he can do that for any power, not just elements. :)

I was talking about switching off powers, not tinkering, under the theory that he can do that for any power, not just elements. :)

I'd think that he would have to have some special tech to do that, though. It's not like TK has an off switch.

It's possible he does, though. This is TK facing off against, possibly, the GB, and they could have put a kill switch in their pet Lovecraftian horror. Tech would be reasonable too, of course, but the GBs have phenomenal scientific powers with possible magicish add-ons. A psionic kill switch is a possibility.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

I'd think that he would have to have some special tech to do that, though. It's not like TK has an off switch.

It's possible he does, though. This is TK facing off against, possibly, the GB, and they could have put a kill switch in their pet Lovecraftian horror. Tech would be reasonable too, of course, but the GBs have phenomenal scientific powers with possible magicish add-ons. A psionic kill switch is a possibility.

Well, if TK had such an obvious off switch, you'd think that the GBs would have used it earlier instead of imprisoning him in an island. :P Further, if they wanted TK to be in the universe and active, they would not put the magic off switch within the range of MU beings, which Velika now is.And Velika doesn't have psionic powers, either.But the other thing is, Tren Krom's powers were not turned off when he died. He sent that psionic message to Kopaka and Pohatu, remember? If he had time to send that message, don't you think he would have had time to fry the mind of a lone Matoran aiming a blaster at him? Unless Velika had tech similar to Lesovikk's powers, or "reprogrammed" him to do his bidding, I'm tempted to stamp this as "unlikely".

Well, if TK had such an obvious off switch, you'd think that the GBs would have used it earlier instead of imprisoning him in an island. :P
Well you pretty much disproved it, but just to nitpick, when they imprisoned him the mission wasn't accomplished. He could have still played a role in it at that time, so Safeguards R Us wouldn't want to remove him entirely.
Further, if they wanted TK to be in the universe and active, they would not put the magic off switch within the range of MU beings, which Velika now is.
Again, though, the theory I'm talking about is the idea that all Bionicle powers might have off switches like elemental powers do. But maybe not. The original reason I brought it up was because people were saying the GB could have been Kapura by switching off the mindwipe, and I pointed out that situationally he still couldn't have switched it off without serious consequences. The value in that lesson is that Velika as GB might still have the ability to turn off powers, not just elemental powers.The reason I bring this up isn't just to support the GB = murderer theory, though it did occur to me that it would help it (but see below :P).And the reason I nitpick now is that the kind of off switch I'm talking about wouldn't be anything unique to TK, but a general option for all powers. This would match that one GB's remote mental off switch of Vezon's Olmak, BTW, which was even in a different dimension at the time.
And Velika doesn't have psionic powers, either.
Well my thinking was that it would be something in the programming of the powers themselves. This would especially apply if my cyberclay protodermis theory is right. However, it's certainly possible that the GB who turned off the Olmak does have psionic powers and Velika doesn't, so that might still be a relevant point.But I was thinking it wouldn't be something that requires special psionic powers. That Vorox doesn't have them, but he was able to use the elemental switch-off. :shrugs:
But the other thing is, Tren Krom's powers were not turned off when he died. He sent that psionic message to Kopaka and Pohatu, remember?
And that would seem to disprove it.The GB still might be the murderer, and snuck up on him with a weapon powerful enough. Or the GB might not be, and still have a switch-off power. But it does seem to disprove that all three could be true at the same time.Unless TK has two different kinds of Psionics, but there's no support for that so yeah.

@bonesiii:

And the reason I nitpick now is that the kind of off switch I'm talking about wouldn't be anything unique to TK, but a general option for all powers. This would match that one GB's remote mental off switch of Vezon's Olmak, BTW, which was even in a different dimension at the time.
And Velika doesn't have psionic powers, either.
Well my thinking was that it would be something in the programming of the powers themselves. This would especially apply if my cyberclay protodermis theory is right. However, it's certainly possible that the GB who turned off the Olmak does have psionic powers and Velika doesn't, so that might still be a relevant point.But I was thinking it wouldn't be something that requires special psionic powers. That Vorox doesn't have them, but he was able to use the elemental switch-off. :shrugs:
I'm of the opinion that the Vorox had a device that shut down Toa power over a certain range.
The two started running east, directly away from where the other two Toa were in hiding. Something had been bothering Gelu. If Kabrua could shut down Toa power, why not do it from the start of the hunt? Why was Chiara able to use her power before? The only answer he could think of was that whatever Kabrua was using, it didn’t work at long range.He looked behind. Kabrua and two of the trackers were following, but the other two had stayed behind. That clinched it. He couldn’t afford to leave the two Toa behind and risk their powers coming back, so he had left some of his soldiers behind, no doubt with the power-dampener.
Theory by a character, but I note that after that theory was expressed Orde used his psionic power on Kabrua, indicating that the power dampening wasn't a GB skill Kabrua was using. But if Velika made that device for Kabrua, then theorectically he could have made one to turn off other powers. It would seem that it would take psionic powers or the device that the Vorox had. But we don't know which GB made that device or gave it to them, or even that Velika met with Kabrua - some other GB could have told him (maybe that insane GB in the fortress?).But anyway, as you said, I threw that out. Mostly.
But the other thing is, Tren Krom's powers were not turned off when he died. He sent that psionic message to Kopaka and Pohatu, remember?
And that would seem to disprove it.The GB still might be the murderer, and snuck up on him with a weapon powerful enough. Or the GB might not be, and still have a switch-off power. But it does seem to disprove that all three could be true at the same time.Unless TK has two different kinds of Psionics, but there's no support for that so yeah.
Or maybe Velika didn't care, because he was certain that he was alone in the woods. Having the power to do something doesn't necessarily mean you will do it.It just rules out the fact that he was using that power at the time. Now why he would fail to use that power if he had it is beyond me, though, especially for a Matoran like Velika.

While I'm on the subject, however, I looked up Velika's matoran weapons given by Karzahni, here, which would seem to be useful for rippimg into a gelatinaous mass and causing a mess. No need to reinvent the wheel.That's still assuming, of course, that the miniture Matoran murderer can overcome time and space and go across SM in a few hours. Unless it was a lightning bolt from the Red Star that ended TK, but I think that was disproven somewhere, as there would have been other effects (fried gelatin as opposed to exploded gelatin).

I think everybody around would have seen an RS bolt too.Also, not sure the Power Carvers alone could do it in time before TK would blast him. But maybe with some kind of amplifier.

I think everybody around would have seen an RS bolt too.Also, not sure the Power Carvers alone could do it in time before TK would blast him. But maybe with some kind of amplifier.

Exactly, just look what happened to Carapar. He only got that close becausethe rest of his group was distracting Tren Krom...maybe that's whathappened!