A Matoran Year

As we know a year for us is how long it takes for the Earth to travel around the sun which is roughly 365 days or 52 weeks. Now we say that Matoran live for thousands of years but they do not live on the same world as we do so there year would be a different length of time. Does any one know how long it is?

• Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Pretty sure Greg confirmed it was the same as ours. This came up during a Story Squad proposal discussion that was polled in the old Voting Booth about sundials. That would be one place to look for confirmation.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

So that means, assuming that Bionicle hours are the same length as real life hours, the timelines of Bionicle are fifty percent longer than they appear -- 1 Bionicle year would be about 1.5 Earth years. So those characters live even longer!

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

true, but like, imagine iteverything would be happening so quick. <:'D
How many 'years' was the story from 2004 to 2008?
I'm pretty sure that Tahu Nuva once said that in the one year since they arrived, they had grown quite a lot. I think this was early Inika arc and I don't have any references, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Pretty sure Greg confirmed it was the same as ours. This came up during a Story Squad proposal discussion that was polled in the old Voting Booth about sundials. That would be one place to look for confirmation.
As bonesiii said, Greg confirmed it to be 365 days. However, one day is 36 hours.
Well, that would make sense. I was thinking that it would be similar to Spherus Magna time; say, if Spherus Magna was orbiting their sun at about the same speed as we are orbiting ours (perhaps a little slower), but since it seems to be a much bigger planet, it rotates slower, producing longer days. Of course, it would take a little longer to orbit their sun if the planet is travelling at a speed that allows 365 36-hour days. The Great Spirit robot would simulate the time accordingly; why would it need to differ from Spherus Magna?That said, I wonder if Bara Magna had any changes to the length of the days or years due to the loss of mass and creation of two moons. Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I'm pretty sure that Tahu Nuva once said that in the one year since they arrived, they had grown quite a lot. I think this was early Inika arc and I don't have any references, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
If my calculation are correct thats about one and half earth years.
  • Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well, when they lived in the Matoran Universe, keep in mind all such cosmological things were regulated by Mata Nui, and the length of a Matoran Universe year was likely based off of the length of a Spherus Magna year, so there was likely no discrepancies for Matoran Universe inhabitants upon their migration. And yeah, I'm pretty sure Mr. Farshtey made that just as long as an Earth year just for convenience.

• Upvote 1

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Hmm...according to this page, the Mahri Nui Storyline was one year ago in "story time". But I don't think that's quite accurate... this page places the entire 2001-2006 arc as taking place in six months. But I thought the whole thing took place in weeks, not months, and 2007-2010 was not a year long IMO...
  • Upvote 1

As bonesiii said, Greg confirmed it to be 365 days. However, one day is 36 hours.
When and where was that confirmed? The 36 hour part. I totally do not remember that ever being said...- :t: :l: :h:
Story Squad Sundial Hours announcement (archive auto-logout warning). :)BTW, though, as was mentioned there, we don't actually know there are 365 Bionicle days in their year. We know they divide their days into 36 "hours", and we know their years are the same length of time as our years. There was no evidence to base proposals on for the other details, so that was as far as we could go.Personally I do prefer to see it as 365 days, with shorter hours. I wonder incidentally, now that we've been asking people's headcanon preferences lately, what most people prefer. The other most obvious option would be to have the hours the same as ours, so the days are longer and there would be less in a year (whatever that comes out to). Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)