Winnie the Pooh

Makuta DUSt

This may look like the topic of any BZPower member, but it just so happens to be the topic of a member named Timothy Fagan. Like many other members, he had online friends to talk with. And together, they all lived in the wonderful land of cyberspace.Feel free to discuss Winnie the Pooh media here, if you like.

Edited by Toa of the Nova Corps

I had a bunch of Winnie the Pooh books as a kid. I couldn't tell you what collection they part of, but I remember enjoying them. I even went and saw the recent movie in theaters, and enjoyed it immensely. My sister made fun of me for it, but really, can you be too old to enjoy Winnie the Pooh?

BZPRPG

I had a bunch of Winnie the Pooh books as a kid. I couldn't tell you what collection they part of, but I remember enjoying them. I even went and saw the recent movie in theaters, and enjoyed it immensely. My sister made fun of me for it, but really, can you be too old to enjoy Winnie the Pooh?
No sir! There are things one can never outgrow and this is one of them. This brings back many fond childhood memories and I may just have to watch the movie again now that this topic has revived such nostalgic memories.

Blog "A Cask of Amontillado": Breaking News

I've always wanted to read A. A. Milne's The Red House Mystery, and now that I say that aloud, as it were, I remember that it's free on Kindle and I'm suddenly decided to read it next after very little consideration.That digression aside, Milne's fame was born, of course, of Winnie-the-Pooh, which I always loved as a child and love still. When it comes to children's fiction, it doesn't get much better than that. I admit, though, that I'm not very well-versed on the original stories, far more so on the Disney productions.On that note, here's a fun fact I just learned of. In fourteen years, Disney's copyright expires. With Milne dead, I guess that mean Pooh goes public domain. To be honest, I'm sorry for that. Disney's done a pretty darn good job, and though I don't doubt they'll continue to do so even after they lose the copyright, I'm fearful of what will become of Pooh and friends. Sherlock Holmes is a classic example of the conglomeration of goods and evils that public property can be.

From the desk of Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

:smilemirunu:

Edited by My Name is Nuile

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

WINNIE ROCKS.'nuff said.
True, that is enough, but why restrict ourselves when we can say so much more about this wonderful bear? A few years ago, my classmates and I had to give speeches on inspirational people who had changed the world. I did mine on Winnie the Pooh (though that was mostly just to annoy the teacher. Others priased Pikachu, Indiana Jones or Ronald McDonald).This is how I began:
Only a small minority of people are famous enough to have streets all around the world named in their honour. Who do you know of who has done not only that, but has also become an army mascott, is a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, has invented his own sport, had his adventures recorded in literature, adapted for television, radio, live theatre and the big screen – enshrined in poetry (some of which became pop songs!) and more lately, even a video game?Who else, but Winne the Pooh!

ppg2.png

the 2011 reboot was the best thing to happen to this planet in years
Agreed. I mean, how could anyone knot love the pit sequence? ;P That was the best part of the movie. And Owl has never been portrayed as a better character. And Rabbit had a bit of a Tigger moment when they were baiting the trap, which was hilarious. XDAnd for days after watching, I couldn't get Tigger's "It's Gonna Be Great" out of my head. The song was surprisingly . . . well, great. XP

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

:smilemirunu:

Edited by My Name is Nuile

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?