Questions about the MU Robot.

I don't get it. Were the Matoran inside it or standing on top of itIf they were inside it, why could they see the sky?If they were on top of it, why did it have an atmosphere?Did it crash on an already existing planet or is it whizzing through space like a planet?Of its whizzing through space, what did it stand up on when it got up?If its on an existing planet, why did the Matoran not move to other parts of it?Did the Matoran know about it in Metru Nui?Did any one know about it? And if so, when did they forget?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

1)The Matoran Lived inside the Mata Nui Robot, inside of domed environments, which included the continents such as Metru Nui, Odina, Etc..2)The "sky" was simply an illusion. The 2 suns were mata nui's eyes, and the stars were his thoughts3) see 14)It crashed on the planet Aqua Magna, one of the 3 planets that make up spherus magna.5) Not sure what you mean.6) They had no idea they were on another planet. The matoran of Metru Nui had forgeton everything because of the matoran spheres, and most inhabitants of the rest of the robot did not know that they lived inside a giant robot. Also if they did know, there would be no where to go aside from Mata Nui (island), as Aqua Magna had no land mass, only water (Unless you count Voya Nui, which was thrown out of the MU by the cataclysm).7)No they did not.8) Some beings (Tren Krom, Makuta after Mutran had contact with Tren Krom, The Antidermis that Brutaka fell into), had knowledge, but almost all beings in the MU did not know that they were inside the robot until Teridax took over.Hope that helped ;)-Star

Edited by Starparu

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

Were the Matoran inside it or standing on top of it
The Matoran of Mata Nui, Voya Nui and Mahri Nui lived outside the robot on top of it. All other Matoran, including those in Metru Nui, lived inside.
If they were inside it, why could they see the sky?
The "sky" that the inhabitants inside saw was the inside of the robot's outer hull (ceiling).
If they were on top of it, why did it have an atmosphere?
When the Mata Nui , Voya Nui, and Mahri Nui inhabitants were living outside, the robot was on the planet of Aqua Magna, which had an atmosphere.
Did it crash on an already existing planet or is it whizzing through space like a planet?
It crashed on an already existing planet twice. Once on Aqua Magna, where the Bionicle story took place, and on the reunited Spherus Magna, where it now lies defunct (nonfunctional).
Of its whizzing through space, what did it stand up on when it got up?
It stood up on Aqua Magna.
If its on an existing planet, why did the Matoran not move to other parts of it?
Matoran do not like living underwater, and the planet of Aqua Magna is an ocean.
Did the Matoran know about it in Metru Nui?
No.
Did any one know about it? And if so, when did they forget?
Tren Krom, Mata Nui, Makuta Teridax, Makuta Mutran. They never forgot.

I don't get it.Were the Matoran inside it or standing on top of it?
Both. The islands of Mata-Nui and Voya Nui (the head and stomach, respectively) were outside, while the rest of the islands (Artahka, Zakaz, Metru-Nui) were inside the robot.
If they were inside it, why could they see the sky?
The Sky was the sky of Aqua Magna. Inside the robot, it was an illusion to make it hospitable.
If they were on top of it, why did it have an atmosphere?
The robot had artificial atmosphere, but because you're talking about the outside, the planet Aqua Magna, thankfully, had atmosphere.
Did it crash on an already existing planet or is it whizzing through space like a planet?
To quote fishers64, it crashed twice. Once on Aqua Magna (after hit with the virus that made him fall asleep), and another time on Bara Magna (after Teridax took over).
Of its whizzing through space, what did it stand up on when it got up?
It stood up on its own to feet. To be more precise, it had no nearby stand, so it just got up and stood.
If its on an existing planet, why did the Matoran not move to other parts of it?
First, the Matoran didn't know. If they did, they would have a very hard time moving it, as Aqua Magna's surface is composed of nothing but water.
Did the Matoran know about it in Metru Nui?
No, they did not. If they did, they probably forgot in the Matoran Spheres.
Did any one know about it? And if so, when did they forget?
Yes, people did know about it (Tren Krom, Makuta, Mutran, etc.) and they never forgot. The rest found out after Makuta took over.Hope this helps. :)

I'd also like to add that normally no one lived on the outside. Mata Nui was the only external location that was meant to be, and then it was only supposed to be temporary and uninhabited. The robot was meant to land on planets, but no one was supposed to come out (except the Bohrok when they were needed), at least until the end of the 100,000 year mission. Voya Nui was part of the inside that broke out and Mahri Nui was formed from lava coming from the Voya Nui volcano.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I'd also like to add that normally no one lived on the outside. Mata Nui was the only external location that was meant to be, and then it was only supposed to be temporary and uninhabited. The robot was meant to land on planets, but no one was supposed to come out (except the Bohrok when they were needed), at least until the end of the 100,000 year mission. Voya Nui was part of the inside that broke out and Mahri Nui was formed from lava coming from the Voya Nui volcano.
So what was its 100,000 year mission?And why were the Makuta made?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Its mission was to leave Spherus Magna before it shattered, and travel the galaxy , exploring planets and observing their civilizations and their planets. That is why The Island of Mata Nui exists, as when he landed on a planet, he would lie down, but his face showed. The island covered it. He was then after 100,000 years to return to SM and reunite the planets. I believe it was that many years, as the planet would not be stable enough to be reunited yet. The Makuta were originally created by Mata Nui to create rahi for various tasks in the MU. Also, unbeknownst to Mata Nui, Teridax was created, and destined to take over the MU, while Mata Nui transferred to a New Robot and assist him in the restoration. But the GB's never made a second one, but destiny straightened it out in the end :P.-Star Edited by Starparu

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

Its mission was to leave Spherus Magna before it shattered, and travel the galaxy , exploring planets and observing their civilizations and their planets. That is why The Island of Mata Nui exists, as when he landed on a planet, he would lie down, but his face showed. The island covered it. He was then after 100,000 years to return to SM and reunite the planets. I believe it was that many years, as the planet would not be stable enough to be reunited yet. The Makuta were originally created by Mata Nui to create rahi for various tasks in the MU. Also, unbeknownst to Mata Nui, Teridax was created, and destined to take over the MU, while Mata Nui transferred to a New Robot and assist him in the restoration. But the GB's never made a second one, but destiny straightened it out in the end :P.-Star
No Mata Nui shattered Spheres Magna when he left to explore the universe. When he was returning to reunite Aqua, Bota, and Bara Magna, Makuta who were created to protect the matorn and make various types of rahi. Teridax and the other Makuta crashed Mata Nui's system and he landed on Aqua Magna. Automatic systems camofloged his face. You got most of it right, just missed a couple of parts.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru:

Mata Nui did not cause the Shattering; he was created specifically to undo it. He caused the Unshattering, if you will. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It would be funny if the Great Beings were wrong, and that tapping the Energized Protodermis didn't cause the shattering, but in their fear it would they created a robot that was so huge its launch broke the planet into pieces.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

It would be funny if the Great Beings were wrong, and that tapping the Energized Protodermis didn't cause the shattering, but in their fear it would they created a robot that was so huge its launch broke the planet into pieces.
You're probably right. Then again, draining all the contents of a planet's core would theoretically be very, very bad.

No, it was definitely the energized protodermis that caused the Shattering. The planet was well on its way to breaking apart by the time Mata Nui left, that's why they revisited the giant robot project. The first one that exploded across Bara Magna was purely a science experiment for the Great Beings; the tried again with Mata Nui when they realized the danger to the planet (I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that they knew what was going to happen a while before it shattered, but not soon enough to stop it).

rahkshi_symbol.png

Wasn't it the proto-hungry Glatorians who messed it all up?

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Yes, it was the Spherus Magna natives draining the protodermis that caused the Shattering.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Because he was completed and launched just in time before the Shattering happened. That picture does look rather incriminating, doesn't it?

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Wasn't Mata Nui's mission also to study other civilizations in order to learn how to avoid future conflicts on Spherus Magna? I remember reading that somewhere.
Yes, he had lesser goals as well, most of them probably part of ensuring he did the main goal properly.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)