TSO's disappearence

All that was really confirmed about this was that TSO is not the hidden Great Being, and that Greg had "other plans for him". Unless/until the serials are updated, we won't know what these plans are.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I think the explosion had something to do with the prototype virus TSO was planning to use against Teridax.
Viruses cause explosions? That's a new one. I think it is more likely that TSO stumbled over a tripwire, causing him to teleport away and triggering the Grand Pulverization Mechanism built in by the GBs. :PEither that, or Makuta decided to teleport him away and blast what he thought were his comrades standing nearby. Would you want the guy with a virus that could bring down your robot running around? Best to teleport him to a cell.

I don't think it was an explosion, at least not a normal explosion, because whatever shattered the Vortixx was said to have left no trace of its presence.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think the explosion had something to do with the prototype virus TSO was planning to use against Teridax.
Viruses cause explosions? That's a new one.
Not really, Makuta viruses cause all kinds of powers and effects. They basically have powers like protodermic powers as I understand it; an explosion or something similar is possible. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Viruses cause explosions? That's a new one.
Not really, Makuta viruses cause all kinds of powers and effects. They basically have powers like protodermic powers as I understand it; an explosion or something similar is possible. :shrugs:
:shrugs: Okay...maybe?
The original purpose of the Makuta was to create various Rahi for the Matoran Universe. The process involves the use of Viruses, which give the new Rahi certain attributes. These viruses are then mixed with liquid Protodermis to create the Rahi. The viruses can also be used to offer special traits to anything temporarily.
Did the virus temporarily grant the ability to TSO to teleport away and cause explosions? Would that be something he would follow up on? Not that quickly...I thought it was clear that there was an outside trigger there - that something else smashed the vials, not TSO, exposing him to the virus. Then he would be teleported away before he could do anything about it.The thing is, I agree that viruses could have powers, but that power would have to be triggered by something. Viruses don't randomly decide to explode. They don't have brains. And I don't think that TSO would have time to trigger the explosion and the teleportation like that.

I dunno, I'm too rusty on the whole TSO thing to have a good answer, just sayin' that viruses and explosions aren't mutually exclusive in Bionicle. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I made a theory a while back saying that the virus transformed TSO into the green cloud that became a part of the gold-skinned being and that, after the virus has changed him, Teridax teleported him to the location of the Skakdi ritual since he was the one who put the idea into the Skakdi's minds.. But I guess we aren't likely to know for sure, unfortunately.As for that region of Xia being pulverized, I seem to recall it being confirmed that that was due to Mata Nui hitting Teridax during the battle.

coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

Who knows? It was another unfinished plot thread that will continue to be unfinished except possibly in the unlikely event that Bionicle comes back. I think Greg intended for it to be The Shadowed One, though...

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I dunno, I'm too rusty on the whole TSO thing to have a good answer, just sayin' that viruses and explosions aren't mutually exclusive in Bionicle. :P
And my point was that viruses could cause explosions only if they granted the ability to cause explosions to a being, and the being actually used that ability.

And my point was that viruses could cause explosions only if they granted the ability to cause explosions to a being, and the being actually used that ability.
Well, for all we know it could infect a random Rahi and trigger it then. Who knows?

Well, for all we know it could infect a random Rahi and trigger it then. Who knows?
In that case, I hope that the explosion-causing virus, if it does exist, isn't too widespread, since I dislike the the thought of animals randomly exploding. Although the virus in question did "damage" Mata Nui's memory core, so it might have been an explosion. :shrugs: