Turaga Dume

Is it clear when he became a Turaga? Was making Lhikan a Toa the fulfillment of his destiny? (By the way, it is confirmed this was done the same way as the Toa Metru?) I'm writing a story involving Lhikan becoming a Toa so this is important information.

Legacy of the Great Beings - Continuing the story of BIONICLE from where the serials left off.

Nope. BS01 states that

Dume was a Toa for thousands of years, during which he primarily fought against Rahi and the Dark Hunters. Over 17,000 years ago, he saved the life of a Ta-Matoran Crafter named Lhikan, and later had a hand in his transformation into a Toa. Some time within the next two thousand years, Dume became a Turaga and was then appointed the Turaga of Metru Nui.
Also,
The Hunters threatened him, but stopped short of carrying out any such method of punishment by the arrival of a group of eleven Toa.
Lhikan has no relation to Dume, and Dume's transformation from Toa to Turaga has nothing to do with Lhikan.It's also not confirmed it was done the same was as the Metru. All we know is that Dume gave up his Toa power for something other than the creation of new Toa. Edited by Charles J. Guiteau

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

All we know is that Dume gave up his Toa power for something other than the creation of new Toa.
Do we even know that?Source?
... isn't it logical from the BS01 quotes I posted above? He didn't create Lhikan, and if he made new Toa, they would be the protectors of Metru Nui, and thus the eleven Toa wouldn't have to arrive later.Unless he created new Toa and these Toa somehow died, but that seems important enough to have been mentioned.

But the quote you posted says "...and later had a hand in his[Lhikan's] transformation into a Toa" So clearly there was some connection. I'm thinking he may have made Lhikan a Toa, and then Lhikan left to defend the fortress against the Frostelus, but would return later on.

Edited by CaptainLepidus

Legacy of the Great Beings - Continuing the story of BIONICLE from where the serials left off.

Hmm, I didn't see that. I guess my brain just wimped out because I'm sick. :PBut anyway, just because he "had his hand in" his transformation doesn't mean he actually transformed him, if that makes sense. Otherwise, I would assume that it would have explicitly stated as being such ...

All we know is that Dume gave up his Toa power for something other than the creation of new Toa.
Do we even know that?Source?
... isn't it logical from the BS01 quotes I posted above? He didn't create Lhikan, and if he made new Toa, they would be the protectors of Metru Nui, and thus the eleven Toa wouldn't have to arrive later.Unless he created new Toa and these Toa somehow died, but that seems important enough to have been mentioned.
Or those Toa simply moved off somewhere else, and Dume went to Metru Nui. Since Metru Nui had no Toa before the Toa Mangai, it makes sense to assume Dume is from elsewhere. The Toa Dume created might have not been needed in Metru Nui, so they didn't go there.
Hmm, I didn't see that. I guess my brain just wimped out because I'm sick. :PBut anyway, just because he "had his hand in" his transformation doesn't mean he actually transformed him, if that makes sense. Otherwise, I would assume that it would have explicitly stated as being such ...
It could be that the Toa Mangai were transformed by Dume's team, or Dume brought Lhikan to the Toa that did the transformation.We don't exactly know the details, and so you get a bit of creative license in how you go about it in your story. Edited by fishers64

It could be that the Toa Mangai were transformed by Dume's team, or Dume brought Lhikan to the Toa that did the transformation.We don't exactly know the details, and so you get a bit of creative license in how you go about it in your story.
I have an idea of how I will go about this but need more info about what exactly happened when Lhikan was saved by Dume. Does anyone know the source?

I've tried to search BS01, google, etc. to identify the source for you, but no luck. Everybody states that it happened, but not where they found that out. Perhaps just a tidbit Greg revealed on the old forums?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Not only that, but he was a Toa in his homeland before coming to Metru Nui.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Dume did something toward making Lhikan a Toa, but didnt give up his pwer for it.Theres no reason to think Dume couldnt have created new Toa with his power, but theres also no evidence for it. It's completely up in the air.A consideration: Lhikan gave up his power to create six Toa. Maybe Dume could have transformed Lhikan, just one Toa, without using up enough power to become a turaga.

Dume did something toward making Lhikan a Toa, but didnt give up his pwer for it.Theres no reason to think Dume couldnt have created new Toa with his power, but theres also no evidence for it. It's completely up in the air.A consideration: Lhikan gave up his power to create six Toa. Maybe Dume could have transformed Lhikan, just one Toa, without using up enough power to become a turaga.
I'm not sure on this, but I don't believe creating new Toa is really to do with power; it's more to do with destiny. Lhikan lost his powers when the six Matoran became Toa Metru, but that wasn't because he was using it all up; it was just because he no longer had a role to play as a Toa. That's why the Toa Metru became Turaga even though they didn't create the Toa Mata; they had just finished their job when they saved the Matoran.

Takhamavahu is correct. It's both destiny and Toa energy. One Toa can give enough energy to make six Toa, but only once they achieve their destiny. It was both for Lhikan since making Toa was his destiny.I'm not entirely sure what happens if they give, for example, five/sixths of their Toa energy. But giving just one sixth would not make them become Turaga, most likely. So yes, it's possible Dume gave 1/6 his Toa energy to Lhikan, as long as he achieved his destiny first. (The Toa Metru became Turaga because they gave all their Toa energy to awaken the Matoran.)However, for the contest I'd greatly prefer direct confirmation of that from Greg, so if that can't be found, it would be best to avoid the issue and write about other things in Lhikan's life.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)