sunflower

Very nice! I like that the design is detailed, while there are lots of simple surfaces which appeal to the eye (if that explanation made any sense). I also think the idea of making the Kakama more helmet-esque is very cool. :D

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Very nice! I like that the design is detailed, while there are lots of simple surfaces which appeal to the eye (if that explanation made any sense). I also think the idea of making the Kakama more helmet-esque is very cool. :biggrin:
Yes, well, that was Hubert's idea. Something along the lines of "Helmet Kakama, no mouth". :P

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Very nice! I like that the design is detailed, while there are lots of simple surfaces which appeal to the eye (if that explanation made any sense). I also think the idea of making the Kakama more helmet-esque is very cool. :biggrin:
Yes, well, that was Hubert's idea. Something along the lines of "Helmet Kakama, no mouth". :P
Ah, okay. I don't really follow the BZPRPG so I'm unfamiliar with most, if not all, of the players and such. :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I like the stylisation of the image along with the awesome detail. The overall body design is pretty good too. Some smaller problems include some perspective things, such as how the torso and legs are slightly imperfect and the angle the torso is facing is off, as well as the fact that the mask looks a little bit "flat". Most of these things get better with practice, however. The biggest problem is the lack of shading. With the intricacy of the little doo-dads, it's almost insulting that there's very little shading. Due to the fact that the image is almost cartoony, even a little bit of shading would have made the difference between a good picture and a great picture. Overall, it's a good picture. I like it, it would look awesome animated, but the main concern is the lack of shading. 7.5/10

Majhost sucks

As soon as I looked at it, I could tell something was off about it, and I finally figured out what:Since his hips are slanted upward to the right, his shoulders should be slanted down to the right and not slanted to the same side his hips are--as they are here on your character--making him look off-balance. Maybe in a few cases would his shoulders and hips align like you have it here, but since he's just standing there, it gives the illusion that he's close to falling over. : PI also agree with Summer Don't Know about the shading. It really does feel lacking without it.Anyway, good job; the details are very nice!

bannnnner.png

I like the stylisation of the image along with the awesome detail. The overall body design is pretty good too.Some smaller problems include some perspective things, such as how the torso and legs are slightly imperfect and the angle the torso is facing is off, as well as the fact that the mask looks a little bit "flat". Most of these things get better with practice, however.The biggest problem is the lack of shading. With the intricacy of the little doo-dads, it's almost insulting that there's very little shading. Due to the fact that the image is almost cartoony, even a little bit of shading would have made the difference between a good picture and a great picture.Overall, it's a good picture. I like it, it would look awesome animated, but the main concern is the lack of shading.7.5/10
Ah yes, practice, one of the few things that'll help me improve. :) It wasn't untill after I had finished the drawing that I realised that I had left out the shading, although I could say that it was because I really don't know how to shade using Illustator (which is entirely true) I'd rather not. I suppose the main reason was that this was more of a drawing of the character herself instead of a illustration. (If that makes any sense.) If I ever get around to making a background, then I'll probably shade more.
As soon as I looked at it, I could tell something was off about it, and I finally figured out what:Since his hips are slanted upward to the right, his shoulders should be slanted down to the right and not slanted to the same side his hips are--as they are here on your character--making him look off-balance. Maybe in a few cases would his shoulders and hips align like you have it here, but since he's just standing there, it gives the illusion that he's close to falling over. : PI also agree with Summer Don't Know about the shading. It really does feel lacking without it.Anyway, good job; the details are very nice!
She, but it doesn't really matter. :PYes, being a free-hand drawing, perspective is always one of the hard things for me. On a second look, I noticed the problems, but was a bit too late to fix them. On the next one I might set myself a vanashing point as well as get some more shading and background in there.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

She, but it doesn't really matter. :P
Darnit, I knew that, but for some reason second-guessed myself last minute. >.<
Yes, being a free-hand drawing, perspective is always one of the hard things for me. On a second look, I noticed the problems, but was a bit too late to fix them. On the next one I might set myself a vanashing point as well as get some more shading and background in there.
I definitely recommend that. Vanishing points are something I struggle with a lot, but when you can get it down, it seriously makes drawing so much easier!

bannnnner.png

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome. It's set-like, and yet completely captures her personality. This is precisely how I think she should look, and resembles a lot what I had always imagined. Being familiar with the BZPRPG, I can safely give this a 10/10.
This is why I love you Gravity. For making such a fantastic picture of Naona for me. Bulkier than I had expected, but still fits rather well with how I imagine her,
I likey.The physique and pose of the figure is great, the mix of set and artwork seemless. I would bring up shading, but since two others have, and I'm frankly unable to do it, I won't. I also love the mix of brown and tan.8.5/10
Thanks guys. :) I'm almost finished on my next piece, this one I'll try to include more shading and complex coloring. (Highlighting, refleted light, etc.)Hopefully, it'll turn out a bit better.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

This is fantastic and very Naona-y; you can see in her eyes that she's glaring at some offscreen paperwork....Okay, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but it's very nicely done :P I love how it's kind of somewhere between the movie and set designs, with a bit of cool glowy-ness added in. It reminds me of that Madrihk art by Katuko sarcastic.gifI reckon the torso could be a bit smaller, and her right foot a bit bigger and maybe at an angle rather than pointing her toes at the viewer.

This is fantastic and very Naona-y; you can see in her eyes that she's glaring at some offscreen paperwork....Okay, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but it's very nicely done :P I love how it's kind of somewhere between the movie and set designs, with a bit of cool glowy-ness added in. It reminds me of that Madrihk art by Katuko sarcastic.gifI reckon the torso could be a bit smaller, and her right foot a bit bigger and maybe at an angle rather than pointing her toes at the viewer.
lol, man. :PYes, there are a few problems with the design, something that can probably be blamed on my lack of a perspective point for this drawing. I never really realized that it looked similar Katuko's Madrihk art. Must be the Kakama. :P Like you said, for this one I tried to shoot for a more set-like movie feel, glad I managed to pull it off. Atleast in part.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -