Star Wars: Odysseys

Havelock Vetinari

IC (Deep Space, Day Two)The bounty hunter had failed, that much was evident. The Techno Union was left with no choice. The Hardcell still sat disabled in space, the virus-infected droids still working incessantly to subvert it's hyper-drive. Suddenly, three craft emerged from hyperspace, surrounding it. They were VainGlorious-class craft, bristling with turbolasers and other weapons. The Techno Union would be hard pressed to explain the presence of battle craft this far out, but the Droids were a larger threat then the Senate. Aboard one of these vessels was Hekt, there to oversee the craft's destruction. Beside him were two combat engineers, normally stationed aboard these vessels to fulfill the roles of both elite guards and technicians.Hekt adjusted his suit, as for various reasons (the cost of pressure-resistant equipment being one of them) that cabin was not pressurized to the proper level for his kind. "The hunter has failed. A shame. This solution is less cost-effective."One of the engineers nodded. "Hopefully this will be an isolated incident. If this is a sign of a larger problem...we will have to shut down production facilities to prevent further infection. Hardly ideal."Hekt turned to one of the droids manning the control panels about the bridge, a B1 model, one of the Techno Union's premier products. "C-24235. Commence attack." Hekt thought of the hunter he had sent on this task and felt a pang of guilt. It was his fault that this being was dead....but as he watched turbolaser bolt after turbolaser bolt tear into the Hardcell, he smiled. Somehow he thought that the hunter would be quite happy if he knew the fate of his murderers.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC-Cabur:"Come now, Cyare," Cabur said, turning back to the other Mando in slight, but barely noticable, annoyance, "You have to be happy to be back at Manda'yaim." He sighed, again."Gar duumyc bal liser cuyir briikase," he said, quieter. You're allowed and able to be happy. "Mayen chur gar pel'gam?"

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: CyareBehind him, Cyare's eyes flicked to the back of Cabur's head. She didn't need to be able to read minds to know he was dwelling on her answer. Or to know in roughly what vein his thoughts were traveling."What are you thinking?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Cyare"As you wish." She turned, and started headed for her own cockpit. "You should turn primary controls over to my station. The last time you tried to land this thing, I had to listen to you moan about the scratches to the paint."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC-Cabur:"That's because the spot in the dock they gave us was too small!" Cabur called back. "With a YT-1300 on the starboard and a DeepWater on the port, you're lucky I was able to make it fit, even with that!" She seemed to be ignoring him."Let me remind you that it was you who suggested I just land on top of each!"

profiles i guess

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]Faraxa paused before replying, glancing down for a moment, considering. Knowing why might actually help, and so she asked herself, why. "I failed," The Devaronian said simply in a quiet voice. "The rogue Jedi got away, and not only that, but with a powerful artifact.""But there wasn't anything else I could do," she insisted, both to herself and Jaron. Faraxa was speaking quicker now, but her voice still remained low, "I couldn't have just attacked him. Knight Erif was injured, and I wouldn't have been able to beat him. I couldn't just risk the lives of Erif and Levi, or everyone else around. He resisted the strength of two Jedi Knights."Unconsciously, Faraxa shuddered, both at the fact that the Sith had been able to do that, and at the thought of what would have happened if she had tried to stop him. If things hadn't happened as they did, the Devaronian wasn't sure if she would have been here to have this conversation.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Kalee, Day Eleven)The hunter's ships crashed through the atmosphere at exceptionally high speeds, though the local Huk sensor stations were having a sudden and terrible problem with some very malicious viruses, they AI guiding them felt no reason to take risks. The ships would set down in a small jungle clearing, in the shadow of a massive mountain range. It was near one of the major Huk military bases and a large concentration of Kaleesh. It was, in short, a massive flashpoint in the brewing conflict. The green foliage and the thick jungle would serve to hide the ships for a time. The Trade Federation had planned this part of the mission to the last detail.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Ic: The sun was just setting over the jagged horizon when Winter landed her starship in the lower levels of Coruscant, below the rise of the Operahouse building. It was one of those seedy places where one could get whatever they wanted, even if it was just a place to park their rig. She negotiated with the owner of the pad at first and made the down payment; Three hours of safe parking, that's all she asked for in exchange of a thousand credits per. The owner wouldn't hear it and wanted more, one downside of having such a pretty ship. In the end, Winter ended up paying twice that.She shrugged as she left the owner and entered her ship again, but when she was out of sight inside her ship she slipped her armor and helmet on and smiled to herself in glee as she straddled the saddle of her speeder bike. The engine started with a hum but quickly roared to life as she eased it off the ramp onto the pad. As the cargo ramp sealed behind her she gave a glance to the owner, simply to see his gawking face as she revved the speeder to the max and roared away on her bike, leaving a confounded and stunned landing pad owner in a cloud of exhaust.She zoomed through the streets towards the foot of the operahouse, neon lights and gaudily dressed citizens reflecting off of her mirrored visor which she ignored, intent only on meeting her deadline. Three hours to enter the operahouse, find the curator of the art wing, kill him, and escape when the performance of the Jedi on the Roof ended, blend in with the throne of leaving patrons and descend back into the undercity before escaping in her ship. Piece of cake.Finding one of many repulsor elevators that shuttled throngs of people to the upper city, she nonchalantly pushed herself and her bike onto the platform and joined the crowd as they ascended.

IC-Jaron:Jaron nodded, listening carefully. Inside, he was feeling...triumphant. And happy. But he kept an iron vice clamped down on those emotions, so that they didn't get out of control, and he smothered them down with a simple shield of sympathy, as he pulled Faraxa into another hug."It's alright, Tann," he said, using a pet-name he'd given Faraxa a long time ago, in Ryl: It meant hope. "If your heart tells you that you did the right thing, then it is right, not some Jedi Master."IC-Cabur:"N'ori'haat!" Cabur yelled back, fervently, as Cyare moved past where he could see.

profiles i guess

IC: Cyare"Ori'haat!" Cyare called, her voice fading as she reached the point where neither of them could hear each other, getting the last word as usual.A few minutes later, there was a crackle in Cabur's cockpit as she activated the comm system in her own.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:"No, you're letting your sadistic sense of humour come to the surface," Cabur said. "Trying to make me mad." He shook his head, rolling his eyes, before growling into the mic."Ne shab'rud'ni, vod," he growled. Don't mess with me, mate. It'd become almost a tradition for one of them to say this in any piloting dispute, that involved insulting the skills of the other.

profiles i guess

IC: CyareThe barest hints of a smile flitted across Cyare's face, as the ship reacted to her experimental test, indicating she was indeed in control."I think the fact of who is currently in the pilot's seat speaks volumes."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]Faraxa once again let herself be pulled into the hug. "I suppose, its just..." She began. Quite frankly, when a group of the most powerful Force-users in the galaxy told you that you were wrong, well it was hard to disagree. Faraxa also found that it did notthing for improving moral."What did I tell you about calling me that?" The Devaronian continued, trying to lighten the mood somewhat, if only to try and feel better.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Cabur:"Yes. It speaks volumes about how I don't want to listen to you jair about how I never let you pilot," Cabur said, rolling his eyes, after he smiled."Also, if you look down to your right, you will notice that you've been on vidlink with me since you activated your controls," he told Cyare. "And I would have sworn you were within a nanometre of smiling."IC-Jaron:"That I was supposed to do it as often as possible, of course," Jaron said quietly. "After all, it certainly helps to make you happy."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC (Sava, Nar Shadda, Day One)Sava strode through the dimly lit streets of Nar Shadda's lower levels. Her clearly displayed sniper rifle and general appearance did much to keep various criminals from bothering her. The fact her body langauge said "Yes, I will eat if you give me cause." saw that those not swayed by the other two factors stayed away. Spotting a nearby cantina with a, miracle of miracles, an actual Hutt bouncer guarding the door, Saca peeled off from the crowd and headed towards it. The Hutt, sporting a vicious scar and a missing eye, regarded her for a moment. Eventually he shook his head and waved her through, deciding she wasn't the trouble making sort.The cantina was smoke filled and, judging from the wood work, had once been a high-class place. The dancers told her that it wasn't any longer.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: CyareCyare shot the camera a withering look, and then looked back to the cockpit window. Her hands moved about the controls with a studied ease, slowly maneuvering the ship into the planet's atmosphere.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]"I suppose as long as it works..." Faraxa added, trailing off. Maybe Jaron what right. No matter what, she still felt that she had done the right thing. Perhaps if the Counsil were there, then they would see. Ha, if the Counsil were there, Faraxa thought to herself, Then the entire situation wouldn't have even happened.It was then, that the Devaronian seemed to remembered why she had come here in the first place, and pulled away from the hug slightly awkwardly, before focusing back on the holovid somewhat.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Cyare"Indeed." The Mando focused on the task at hand. Atmospheric reentry was relatively easy, but landing with a ship design such as this was a bit harder. Five minutes later, the ship settled on the ground gently, with barely a bump.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Solei, Coruscant)Solei shook her head again. Jaron's abrupt exit had not been entirely unwelcome, his attempts at flirtation had been unwelcome and extraneous. She eyed the other being in the room, noting his lack of eyes quickly. "Force sight then. Interesting. Tell me, do you see inanimate objects or rely on droids to see for you?" she was genuinely curious, having always wondered about that fact. She had not used force sight much herself and reasoned that for different species the power might manifest in different ways.

IC-Cabur:"You knocked the starboard far-side blaster cannon out of alignment by thirty-five degrees," Cabur said, without even checking a technical read out. He opened his eyes, looking at it-completely correct. He switched the controls back to his side, correcting the cannon, before standing up."Out my side or out yours?" he asked, before heading out.IC-Jaron:Jaron smiled slightly, sympathetically, his hand nearly brushing Faraxa's as he drew it back-intentional on his part, though it would appear not to be, as he turned aside to watch the movie as well.

profiles i guess

IC: Cyare"Picky, aren't you?" Cyare commented, idly, standing and readjusting her cloak. "Your's."She switched off the controls and the comm set, walking out of the cockpit and headed for the exit on Cabur's side. As she walked, she drew her cloak around her, hiding any unique physical characteristics. To complete the effect, she pulled the hood up over her head.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ic: Stare affixed to her front, Winter avoided the looks the other people on the lift gave her, being the odd one with her leather and armor... and bike. Someone asked her a question; something about being in the wrong lift but she ignored him and just counted down the seconds for the door to open so she could enter the uppercity streets.Finally, the doors parted and she darted out of the lift's confines, then slowed down to match the traffic around her. The crowd was mostly pedestrian, milling back and forth. The theatrical production had already started, so the throng was thinned. Just as planned, one of the corners of the square was empty and she sped towards it and hid on her bike for a moment, waiting for the current crowd to be replaced. And then, when she waited long enough, she gunned the repulsor and the speeder bike shot upwards several smoots. When the move was complete, she was riding on the rooftop of the surrounding building. The operahouse loomed ahead, just the next roof over, but it would be under tighter security. She parked her bike in one of the gutters and dismounted. Quickly, she unlatched the saddlebags and withdrew her armament, strapping her sidearm and baton onto her hips and slipping the blaster rifle over her shoulders. She also collected a harpoon line and wound that about her like a sash. Walking on the smooth gray roof was like romping on a lunar landscape. In the darkness of night, the roof was almost invisible, visible only from the shine of the millions of lights of the city and operahouse that gave silhouettes of the roof. If anything, this was the trickiest part, in part because she had to be cautious as she accessed the operahouse. The escape could be as violent or hasty as she wanted, but the entry: That was a matter of meticulous care. According to her calculations, she had to descend from the roof she was on to one of the service ledges that connected the building she was on to the operahouse' structure, and from there she could shimmy up to the museum level balcony with some help from her harpoon. Then she just had to find the curator, unless he decided to join the opera.Child's play. She slid down to the service ledge and rolled when she hit it, narrowly avoiding a fall that would just send her falling into the depths of the city and tiptoed forward.

IC-Cabur:Cabur quickly did the same as she did, making the last bound to the exit ramp just as she finished her steps to it, quickly typing the combination into a small number pad to make the ramp open, before he quickly stepped down it, to the ground of the dock."Welp, see ya whenever," he muttered, making sure he had his things on him before he headed off.

profiles i guess

OOC: Now Kal?IC (Coruscant, Opera House, Curator)Winter's target, an aging Toydarian with a noticeable tilt and a fondness for costumes of exotic nobility was currently having a very bad day. He had been a figure in the corrupt halls of the senate for some time and had made a stable business from exploiting the numerous conflicts that roared around the galaxy. So many works of arts left unattended due to wars and instability....all he had to was pluck them from their unguarded walls and sell them for a steady price. He'd had to bribe some sector senators to ensure his work went off without hitch...and by and large that system had worked. He used to funds to enhance the Opera House and his life style. After all, was it not proper that if the boors in the rim wanted club each other over the head...that the core profit from it in a fashion?Now though, as he glanced at the paintings on the wall and red carpeting adorning the floors in the hallway, he felt no joy. Mostly because of the amount of police droids block his exit. They'd shown up just as the performance was starting and had dragged him from his personal office to this isolated hall. To be lectured by a certain insufferable officer named Tan Divo, presumably before he was arrested."We have you cold Gatus, you might as well come clean." The human had an insufferable expression of cold joy on his face as he continued on. "You really should have known better. The IGBC deals with strange account activity with... commendable efficiency. You'll find that this..." Divo waved his holopad in front of the Toydarians face. "..has given me all the power I need to take your office apart, dissemble your accounts and in general make your life as miserable as possible."

Edited by Basilisk

Ic: Winter crept down the service ledge until her memory confirmed that she was below the balconies. Pulling her rifle out, she inserted the harpoon into the launcher under the muzzle and pointed it up. THOOM! The hook disappeared from view and clattered before finding a corner to hang on to on a balcony. She tugged on the line and found it secure, then began climbing up. Looking down wasn't a big deal to her, and she paused once to rest and enjoyed the view of the cityscape below her, then continued her climb. Finally, she reached the bottom of the balcony and athletically grabbed her way onto the porch and looked around. As expected, there was a glass door waiting, and opposite it was the foyer with the art. Velvet carpets and golden walls were attracting no crowds after hours, so Winter pressed in her armor and withdrew her plasma torch from her chest, ignited it and began cutting an entrance through the thick glass.

IC (Mandalore, Day ???)As the craft touched down and it's passengers exited the craft and entered the firm ground of the spaceport, they would note the speed with which the entrance to their landing area opened. More noticeable then this however, was the group of well dressed mandalorians that strode out of it. They were clad in two-piece suits colored light blue with high-reaching collars and yellow half-cloaks. Clearly envoys of some important figure in local politics. One would also note they were armed, with small side-arm pistols, but armed nonetheless. They closed the distance between themselves and Cabur with admirable speed.The lead envoy, a dark-skinned man sporting a military style cut and an expression that was near unreadable spoke first and with a noticeable accent. "You are Cabur Manda. Correct?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC: CyareCyare's hands, underneath her cloak, flew to her pistols. Underneath her hood, she gave Cabur a look that, if he were able to see it, said quite clearly:I told you so.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]Devaronian just barely felt Jaron's hand brush up against her's, though it was unintentional, Faraxa couldn't fathom why she had noticed it. Pushing the thought aside, along with everything else that had been on her mind constantly, Faraxa focused her attention on the holovid.Thought it wasn't all that interesting, and wasn't actually that good, it provided some distraction from what was going on. Besides, the former Jedi was just glad to have the opportunity to talk with a friend after all this.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Cabur:Cabur, feeling Cyare's glare on his back, turned to those near him, making sure to keep his hands away from his weapons enough that he didn't look threatening to those higher-ups who had entered the dock. Compared to them he was dressed rather plainly, with a simple, loose, tan-coloured pair of pants, with a forest-green robe-top atop."Possibly," Cabur growled. "Meg copaanir at kar'taylir?"OOC: Translation: Who wants to know?IC-Jaron:Jaron, unlike Faraxa, pursed his lips in irritation at the movie."I think," he growled, "That either my friend who made the early showing lied to me...or I bought the wrong tickets."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC (Mandalore, I'm saying Day One)The enovy's arms were held at his side, though he made no move towards his blaster pistol. "Deputy Minister Pre Vizsla. He was expecting your arrival. He has seen fit to invite you to share a meal with him at your convenience. It is my understanding that he wishes to discuss certain sensitive business with you." The envoy paused for a moment. "Your reputation precedes you. The deputy seemed most impressed." The man's facial expression was still unreadable, and his accent did not fade as he spoke. He kept a rather matter of fact tone throughout.

Edited by Basilisk

IC-Cabur Manda:Cabur's eyes narrowed. Pre Vizsla. Kinsman of Tor Vizsla, his old enemy. He had, supposedly, renounced the Death Watch. Cabur, however, didn't trust it. He didn't want to trust it. As many Corellian spacers were fond of saying, he had a bad feeling about it...But it was easily dispelled. Nothing important.Ghosts of the past wanting to haunt him again.Slowly, he nodded, before jerking his head back at Cyare."I assume she's invited as well?"

profiles i guess