Wait A Minute...

It was done so the Matoran would work for them without questioning their reasoning for the forced labour

Yeah, but that doesn't explain why all the female Ga-matoran have a male "Toa of Water". If I remember correctly, the only Toa the Voya-Nui matoran had encounted were Jovan's team, who all had unusual powers and thus mixed genders. Perhaps that might explain it.

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

True, true. Tarduk's a smart person. I suppose the implication is just that he doesn't know everything about the elements of the MU.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

True, true. Tarduk's a smart person. I suppose the implication is just that he doesn't know everything about the elements of the MU.

Well, this is an Alternate Tarduk, who declared himself "not a historian," while we know this to be false for the prime Tarduk. Simply put, Alternate Tarduk could be different in a variety of ways.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

If the Matoran in Voya Nui never knew what a Toa looked like, chances are they never saw Jovan and his team as Toa. It's easy to slip by the Matoran without being seen; the Toa Nuva pretty much did it when they returned to Metru Nui to gather up supplies and such before heading out to Karda Nui.

jlovfkk.jpg

Regardless of whether or not the Matoran of Voya Nui/Southern Continent had ever seen Toa before, they had certainly never seen a Skakdi before, and probably had no idea that other beings existed who were not Matoran/Toa/Turaga or Rahi. Therefore, when they met a group of six elementally-colored beings, much taller than Matoran, wielding protodermis tools/weapons, and appearing from canisters, they could tell right away that the newcomers weren't Rahi (because of their intelligence and ability to speak the Matoran language) and were obviously too tall to be Matoran or Turaga. Therefore, what else would they think they could be except Toa? Not to mention that, according to Reidak at least, the Piraka did indeed introduce themselves as Toa of their respective elements, and Hakann and Avak had already staged that "rescue" of the Matoran earlier. And as soon as Vezok opened his mouth and spoke, as I recall, Dalu immediately figured out something was wrong, since she at least knew that Toa shouldn't be encouraging random violence and threats among the Matoran. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Another think to consider is that Matoran turn into what they think a Toa should look like. That is why Vakama and company look like Lihkan, and why Takanuva looks like the Toa Nuva. The Inika/Mahri were changed without Toa Stones, which is why they don't look like the Nuva. So perhaps the Voya-Nui Matoran thought that the Piraka believed that Toa should look brutal and strong, and so that is what they became as Toa.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali