Picturing characters differently

Was there ever a character that you formed a mental picture of before you saw it in a set/comic? (for example, from a book or a product description). I used to think that Sidorak and Roodaka looked exactly like Visorak, except maybe a bit fancier, since BL #7 labelled them the 'King and Queen' of the horde. Also, I used to think that all Makuta looked like Teridax.

ktu_b.png

^click the banner to read my epic!

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the banner

Internment - Ask Makuta Returns

Before anyone even knew about Mata Nui as a Glatorian, I still imagined him as a silver entity wearing the Ignika. I even made a MOC of him. Also, based on the first shadowy forms of the Inika in the comics, I thought they had Piraka builds and laser blasters. But most of my first impression of characters is through pictures, not books, so this doesn't happen a lot.

aouROFb.png

I initially pictured Sidorak and Roodaka as giant Visorak with special markings.

I never thought of other Makuta looking like Terry, though. If it counts, I read the LoMN book before I saw the movie, so my mind saw the kikanalo as huge warthogs.

Also, Karzahni looked like a custom character I had built in 2005 that wore a custom ceramic Kanohi I had made.

And the Gate Guardian (Visorak servant made out of Oohnorak and Vohtarak) looked like the Blizzard Blaster from Alpha Team.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

well i had seen a black and white image of malum and due to no color it looked like he had a head like an inika one but when i saw the actual set i was kinda of surprised and dissapointed at the same time.

The only other one is i always imagined like teridax to be a snake like being. kinda of like a naga or something before i saw his 2003 form.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Being a BZPer tends to not make that possible 'cuz we usually see the sets before we learn details about the set's role in story.

So it would have to be one that was made up in story and then only later made a set. Makuta 01 certainly counts and the MNOG designers brilliantly made use of that fact with the shocking Tohunga (Matoran) appearance at the end of that game. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)