What Are You Listening To At This Very Moment?

Nescent

Parental procreation permit - Arjen Anthony Lucassen

"Same Old Nails for a New Messiah" - Disarmonia Mundi

A great mass of death - Septic flesh

awesome song and band.

I know, I discovered it just a couple of days ago and I keep listening to the album over and over again.

I assume you listen to Devin Townsend and for that you have my respect.

"Day and Then the Shade" - Katatonia

awesome song and band.

I know, I discovered it just a couple of days ago and I keep listening to the album over and over again.

The Great Mass is probably my favorite Septicflesh album overall, but do check out Communion as well if you haven't already. it comes close.

and yup, I'm a big Devy fan.

The last crusade - Epica

"Day and Then the Shade" - Katatonia

awesome song and band.

The Great Mass is probably my favorite Septicflesh album overall, but do check out Communion as well if you haven't already. it comes close.

I was actually more interested in Titan, their latest. Looks more symphonic than doom. I'm not much in growls/screams but I do appreciate the style sometimes, so...
What's your favourite of Devin's? Mine is Kingdom, Epicloud version.

"First and Last and Always" - The Sisters of Mercy

awesome song and band.

I was actually more interested in Titan, their latest. Looks more symphonic than doom. I'm not much in growls/screams but I do appreciate the style sometimes, so...

I found Titan a bit disappointing, to be honest. it's similar to Great Mass and Communion, but the songs (to me, anyway) are generally a lot less interesting. still not a bad album, just slightly disappointing for me compared to the two immediately preceding it. I'd still recommend checking out Communion first, because it's stylistically pretty close to The Great Mass and nearly matches it in quality.

picking a favorite Devy song is next to impossible for me, but if you count Strapping Young Lad, my favorite full album of Devy's would be City. if you don't count SYL though, then Ocean Machine: Biomech would probably be my favorite.

Lepaca kliffoth - Therion

"This is Why (Less is More Mix)" by Late Night Alumni.

It's nice that there's some actual discussion in this topic.

I was wondering if it was permitted...ahah

"First and Last and Always" - The Sisters of Mercy

awesome song and band.

I found Titan a bit disappointing, to be honest. it's similar to Great Mass and Communion, but the songs (to me, anyway) are generally a lot less interesting. still not a bad album, just slightly disappointing for me compared to the two immediately preceding it. I'd still recommend checking out Communion first, because it's stylistically pretty close to The Great Mass and nearly matches it in quality.

picking a favorite Devy song is next to impossible for me, but if you count Strapping Young Lad, my favorite full album of Devy's would be City. if you don't count SYL though, then Ocean Machine: Biomech would probably be my favorite.

I guess I'll follow your suggestion, then. Anyway, I've been into Devin only for his solo career/DTP. SYL doesn't get me very much.

"The Baying of the Hounds" - Opeth

awesome song and band.

I guess I'll follow your suggestion, then. Anyway, I've been into Devin only for his solo career/DTP. SYL doesn't get me very much.

understandable, SYL isn't for everyone. I might recommend giving their album The New Black a try though, it's by far their most melodic and has the most clean singing of any of their albums. if you dig his solo stuff and DTP, you'd probably dig it a lot more than SYL's other stuff.

Revelations - Judas Priest

Oh yes, Devin Townsend talk. I love that man and all he's done. No way I can pick a favourite song, but Deconstruction is my favourite album of his.

Saw him live in 2012, and it's probably my favourite show I've ever been to.

Sea of Madness - Iron Maiden

Oh yeah, Deconstruction. Planet of the apes and The mighty *somethingcoughthanksGhostofRomancecough* are glorious.

Edited by Millennium