• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Prototype Pictures

Prototype Toa Turaga Matoran Rahi

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 842 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 12:05 AM

I'll start off with pictures of the Trans-Blue Rurus.

Posted Image

And for comparison,

Posted Image

Note the Z-07 code on the front of the prototype, which is the one on the left.

On the interior of the mask, the stud that connects it to the head is of larger diameter on the prototype. This is a feature of all prototype Kanohi from 2001.

Posted Image

Again, it is on the left.

And here's all four of them.  :D

Posted Image

They're also much smoother than the final version, and it seems like the plastic is slightly more translucent. Although my normal TB Rurus are a bit dusty.  :D

-XONARsig.png

mnolg_dvd_bzp_banner_2.jpg

Feel free to add this banner to your sig!

#2 Online Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 5,384 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 01:53 AM

Where did you get these?! O_O

konguvezoklove.jpg

Take a nostalgic picture from your childhood and apply MS Paint... childhood ruined.

My BZPRPG profiles - Kirgan, Viima, Jarkale, Tuli, Hile, Lai LaiSurina, Khervos, Teede

#3 Offline Falcon Lord

Falcon Lord
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 497 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 04:24 AM

Wow! How did you get your hands on these?
_______________________________________BZPRPG Profiles___________________________________________

#4 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members

• 842 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 09:51 AM

I bought them off of eBay.  :D  I got really lucky, I suppose, because this is the first time I've seen prototypes for sale on eBay.

Here's a side by side comparison of prototype Lewa vs normal Lewa. The prototype is not completely composed of prototype pieces, but the mask, ax, chest piece and left arm are prototype pieces.

Posted Image

Prototype Ax is on top. Personally, I like it better than the final version. 

Posted Image

And here's the prototype Miru next to the final version. 

Posted Image

It's code (3-LT), is located on the chin of the mask. 

The interior of both masks.

Posted Image

Of course, the difference here is the stud that connects the mask to the face.

Ok, here is Kopaka. His mask, sword, and feet are prototype parts.

Posted Image

There are little tabs on the bottom of the feet of the prototype.

Posted Image

Prototype is on right. Also, where the circles are present in the final version, there are slight depressions.

Here is a comparison of the prototype Akaku to the final version, with the prototype on the right.

Posted Image

Unlike some of the other Toa Mata masks, the prototype Akaku had no code on the front. The differences are the tab that sticks out of one of the openings in the forehead, and the ridges in the eyepiece. Also, the construction and material of the mask gives it an unfinished look, almost like it was roughly sculpted. This is true of all prototype masks. It is especially present on the Akaku and Kakama however. 

Edited by MX5Miata, Jun 15 2013 - 09:52 AM.

-XONARsig.png

#5 Offline -Sidorak-

-Sidorak-
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Trusted Trader

• 6,234 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 12:42 AM

These are cool! Thanks for posting the pics!

#6 Offline Pereki

Pereki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 890 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for sharing! It is great to be able to see some prototype parts in closer detail.

#7 Offline Rumpofsteelskin

Rumpofsteelskin
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 43 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 16 2013 - 11:42 AM

I like the little tabs on the feet. Obviously not intentional but I think they add a little nice flair.

#8 Offline Civilized_Zivon

Civilized_Zivon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2013 - 02:10 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but anyone seen a Sand Tarakava? I chased one around this site not too long ago... it got away.

#9 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,325 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 18 2013 - 04:19 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but anyone seen a Sand Tarakava? I chased one around this site not too long ago... it got away.

Kind of the wrong place, but no worries! Are you looking for the actual prototype set? That might be but a dream, unfortunately. On the other hand, another member was asking for pictures in this topic if that is what you are looking for. Seems you found the topic already, though.

For reference, too, so that you don't run into this problem again: topic revival occurs when you post in a topic over twenty or thirty days old, depending on the forum. This topic should help to clarify. Here in Bionicle Sets, for instance, the revival limit is thirty days, so please check the date of the last post before replying to a topic! Another way to check is to see if the topic is visible on the first pages of a forum, since each forum is set not to display topics past the revival limit. If you have questions, please contact me.

#10 Offline gunconvoy

gunconvoy
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 75 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2013 - 10:43 AM

Wow, that is pretty nice seeing the prototypes. i would like to see more.

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

#11 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,537 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2013 - 04:41 PM

Some nice finds. It's almost rare in finding one on eBay. Good thing you found some to share it with us.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#12 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members

• 842 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 23 2013 - 09:38 PM

My Brickshelf folder containing the pictures of most of my prototypes is now public! You can see the majority of the prototypes I own there. I didn't take pictures of the duplicates or some of the McToran and Turaga, however. If you want, I will post the rest of the Turaga and McToran.

Here is the link: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=529324

-XONARsig.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users