BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

OOC: His armour is pretty scratched and a bit dented, and he has a few scars scattered across his body, but nothing out of the ordinary for a merc.

IC: Vandal - Kini

"Muffins sound good, but unbiased truth sounds better." I say in my charismatic businessman voice*. I turn to the group of toa, who had, in fact, been the ones I was addressing - "So, is there any evil type-o stuff 'round here?" 

*Yes, I had a brief career as a salesman. It didn't end well. Don't ask.

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

IC: Darvin

Apparently Darvin was satisfied with the responses as he stopped circling vandal and instead glanced towards the Temple

"They wouldn't know since they haven't been down there yet. Though as I warned them, I too shall warn you. Many people go down into the depths, but few return the same way. Of course that could easily mean they found another tunnel that lead them to safety or they died down there. Given recent rumors I'm more inclined to believe they died down there."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Darvin chuckles at the question and shakes his head

"No, as in they don't take the same path to get back to the surface. Essentially it was a slightly more optimistic way of saying, few go down but none return. Adds the possibility that they might have found another way out of Mangaia."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Enforcer.

My confidence was beginning to slip, "He's taking a while...." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"So, d'ya know anything about what might be down their? What rumours were you sayin' you heard? Only we're supposed to be looking for some ancient relics 'round here, but all we can find is some dusty weapons and masks and a few long dead corpses..."

Kathok

Darvin casually glanced down at his right hand, as if inspecting his fingernails, which he didn't have

"Well first off ya got the big giant door with a riddle on it. No one's figured out how to open... yet. Secondly ya got the Abettor. Some robotic thing that guards the only other entrance into the room behind the door. Apparently it will know if you are meant to pass or not. If you aren't meant to pass it will either respectfully ask you to leave, or if you take too long will instantly kill you. Though what's behind that door you ask? Well not many know for sure. Some think it was Makuta's secret stash of weaponry and devices, some claim it's Mata-nui itself. Though there are rumors going about that a group of skakdi managed to get past the abettor and into the vault."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Same here...." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

A shrug was the best he could offer to the question

"Don't know."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Fionne

The Onu-Toa gazed thoughtfully at the newcomers.  Since their arrival on Mata Nui, a lot of strange things had happened, for sure.  And with it had come an odd variety of new faces.  At this point, he was becoming more wary of those he wasn't familiar with... even though he had very few memories of his traveling companions, he seemed to be open to trusting them, for now... like Lehti, he had his reservations about these three, and nodded at her as she questioned them.  Being rather gullible, though, Fionne soon was convinced and his more courteous side took over.  "Well, then.  It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, uhh..." As he held out a hand, Fionne's mind drew a blank.  Darn, who were these guys again? "Hm, I don't believe I caught your name, or those of your fellow travelers..." His perplexed expression was quickly wiped away by a smile.  "Ha, anyway... I'm Fionne.  So... treasure hunters, eh? That certainly sounds exhilarating.  What's it like? Has anything interesting come out of it recently? All exciting, I would hope!"  He took a moment to gaze back at Kajak.  Where would they be headed next? It seemed that the tunnels were a definite no by now.  Perhaps they could attempt to find the enemies that this stranger had spoken of? Or maybe they could see where this quad could lead them.  He was sure the leader of the Akari would make the right decision.  Until then, would it really hurt to socialize? Besides, he was never one to let his guard down and turn his back on someone unfamiliar, even if he had no reservations on any of the six surrounding them currently...

• Upvote 1

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

"It looks like they're interrogating him now...." I observe, "....so yes, that may be a good idea." 

"Yeah, it's great, when we're not being attacked." I reply, shaking the hand. I'm probably getting into the character too much :P Still, I've only been talking for about a minute an have got some useful info. Doesn't seem like they know much more though..."If we're gonna search for treasure down there, is there anything else we should know about the place?"

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

Fionne gave a deep chuckle, shaking hands with the stranger enthusiastically.  "Ha ha, I'm sure! I know what you mean!" Or rather, perhaps he did before his amnesia.  But there was really no need to tell his new acquaintance that, was there? A little white lie never hurt anybody.... usually.  These four really caught his attention... he didn't know their names, of course, but Fio wasn't about to ask twice.  Though he did wish he knew more about them too, this would do to pass the time.  "Hmm, well I think the only advice I could give is... don't die?" He laughed dryly, before leaving the bad joke behind him.  "May I ask what you're looking for, in particular? Don't mind me, I'm merely curious..." The Onu-Toa gave him a thoughtful glance.  "Of course, if you wish to keep that to yourself, I don't blame you.  I'm sure your line of work is very competitive.  I just have to admit I've never met a treasure hunter before, to the best of my knowledge!"  Which... was very little, if he was being honest with himself...

Edited by Pancake

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

IC Forger

"We're looking for Rahkshi armor to salvage, the metal components are quite valuable at market."

I quickly approached, putting a hand on the shorter Rehkyt's shoulder and putting myself between him and the other six crowding him.

"The catacombs below are, of course, the prime location to find such salvage."

...but close to it

I approach behind Forger, remaining silent. 

I stop myself scowling. Way to mess it up, guys. "There's also some ancient treasure rumoured to exist down there, but not many specifics." I put on one last golden grin. "Well, if that's all you can tell us, we'll be off. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." I give the group a nod and turn away.

Kathok

Simply nodding politely with a calm smile as the other strangers approached, Fionne remained polite but did little more than acknowledge their presence at the moment.  He tried to focus more on the individual he was engaging in conversation with.  What he'd been told of treasure hunting really intrigued and interested him, in a way that he almost certainly wanted to see it for himself.  However, the other Akari had made it clear that they didn't want to go down there, and it was ultimately up to Kajak.  And after all, he was a Toa, not a treasure hunter.  Even if he was only vaguely aware of what that meant at this moment, he couldn't go wandering off to see what he could find.  He and the rest of his team had to focus on the task at hand.  Fio gave a curt nod.  "Right, then.  Well, I certainly wish you luck.  Pleasure to meet you as well, and by all means, hopefully our paths will cross again."  The Onu-Toa now turned to the others, the Recluse and Darvin.  "And what of you two? I'm only curious, but where do you intend to go from here?" Considering the position the Akari were in now, he figured allies would be a good idea.  Both individuals seemed competent, to him anyway.  Perhaps one would be persuaded to accompany them? Though, Fionne would never actually ask them without consulting Kajak first.  Fio was never the best strategist in the group, the other Akari often knew better.  Besides, he would never undermine his leader.

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry, had not been checking this frequently for I assumed no one was interacting with darvin

Darvin for his part had been just content to listen to the various conversations going on around him. Afterall as a journalist it was his duty to observe and listen as history happened, not to actually be a part of that history. It took him a few seconds to register that Fionne had directed a question his way. He just kind of stared at him as his mind registered 

"Ah.. Um yes sorry, kind of spaced out there for a bit. I actually live around the temple." he said, gesturing to one of the largest trees on the border of the temple, or more specifically the decently sized treehouse within the tree "So I'll likely be remaining here as I have for quite sometime."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Forger

"Well, we'll be going now. Thanks for keeping care of our friend here!" I flash a hammy smile and steer Rehkyt away by the shoulder, appearing every inch the amiable treasure hunter I was. Back at the hole in the ground we're planning to enter, we stop and reconvene as a group.

"Alright, sorry about crashing your little party. What did you learn?"

...but close to it

IC:

How odd it is, to watch the light drain from a being’s eyes, watch their very existence fade from the world. Where does that light- the soul, as some might call it - go when their body finally loosens its grasp? Does it just fade away into oblivion, lost forever to a void of nothingness? Or maybe it travels somewhere else... To a faraway paradise where it can dwell in peace forevermore. 

A bout of sickening laughter rose up out of the darkness.

“Well looks like I’ve done you a favor, buddy ol’ pal. You’re off to an eternity of bliss in Artahka.”

Vail’s chuckles abruptly trailed off, a look of sincerity replacing his recently-crazed features.

“Be sure to send me a postcard, will you?”

His laughter climaxed after that, the erratic phrases spaced out between sharp gasps of breath. His hands plunged back into the moist cavity, followed by a nauseating tearing sound as his nimble fingers ripped a chunk of fresh flesh off of the corpse’s ribcage. He then proceeded to drop the hunk of meat daintily into his mouth and savor its lavish flavor as it slid against his tongue.

“You are one tasty Toa, you know that? I mean I’d heard the rumors about Ba-Toa, but ######, I had no idea.”

He grabbed the Toa by the head and shook his lifeless form as if trying to revive him from unconsciousness.

“C’mon, look alive, that was a compliment!” He dropped the limp corpse in mock disappointment. “Oh well, I guess what you have in taste you lack in manners.” It was clear that Vail had tired of conversing with the dead Toa.

The body’s chest had been torn open, its innards currently scattered about on the cavern floor. The Toa had been alive for most of the process, unfortunately for him. That’s how Vail liked it these days. He liked to watch his victims writhe and squirm and beg for mercy. He liked to toy with their emotions and rough them up a little before delivering the finishing stroke. It made for a more enjoyable process.

This situation had been a different one, however. While wandering these tunnels and series of caves, the Ta-Toa had stumbled upon the unlucky Toa in a moment of peril. A Rahkshi had overwhelmed the poor lad and broken both of his legs. Vail had taken down the beast and saved the Toa of Gravity, only to reveal himself as the bigger monster. It was that kind of cruelty that he enjoyed most. He liked to plant that spark of hope, draw them out of the terror, the pain, and then extinguish it before they had the chance to take another breath. The best part was watching the fear overtake them, the horror settle in their eyes, and then fade into… nothing.

Because that’s all it is when you die. Nothing. There’s a place in Karzahni reserved for everyone, and it’s only a matter of time before you sink forever into its cold embrace to rest forever. And all you ever are to the land of the living after that is a pathetic memory that eventually withers away like a flower.

So why not enjoy your life before it’s ripped away from you? Make a big enough mark on this world, and your legacy will surely stick around for centuries after you bite the dust. Plus, it makes for a better story.

“And you and I both know how everyone loves a good story.” Vail said, grinning through stained teeth. He rose to his feet, fully energized and satisfied.

“Well it’s been fun, but it looks as if we’ll have to be parting ways now.” He cocked his head to the side to get a better look at the man’s mutilated face. “You know, that’s a good look for you. You should keep it in the afterlife.” He cackled and released a burst of flame from his palm. The temperature began to rise in the cavern as he laughed and went about his dirty work, burning the bodies to an ashen crisp.

Finally content with his new work of art, Vail tipped an invisible hat and said his farewells. He had other business to attend to, in the furthest, darkest reaches of Mangaia.

Edited by Requiem
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

IC Forger

We listened silently to Rehkyt's recount, I nodded a few times, eventually frowning. I hadn't realized that this place was still such an... Epicenter, for unsavory types. It struck me as vaguely odd that none of the Akiri had made to claim the area for their own. Such an act would've been strong symbolically, and likely politically as well. A final nail in the coffin for the old darknesses that had plagued the island.

As it was... not so much. When Rehkyt had finished his recount, I walked to the entrance, still curiously wet with fresh water.

"Alright team, we've got an inkling of what's down here: dangerous stuff. So let's all stay on high alert. We'll enter, explore and catalogue any findings. Our goal is the fabled Vault and it is of course preferred that we get to it without being found out. That should be feasible given the branching nature of the caves and tunnels. It is entirely possible we could encounter outlaws," I say the word without a lick of irony. "-rahi, rahkshi or worse. So keep all your equipment ready for combat."

...but close to it

I nod silently, checking my weapon to ensure they hadn't magically broken down since the last time I'd looked them over. In a situation like this, I didn't want to take any chances. 

IC Forger

The daylight streaming in through the entrance quickly faded, ate up by the preternatural darkness of the tunnels. Calling a halt, we waited for our eyes to adjust to the darkness before I handed out red lightstones to the others. It wasn't much, but it would have to do.

"This is an odd tunnel. The ground is soaked, but there don't seem to be any tracks."

...but close to it

IC: Enforcer - Tunnel.

I pulled off my gauntlet to run a hand over the earthen wall. Crumbly and damp, strange... I turned to Forger, "Any idea what that could mean?"

IC: Vandal - Mangaia tunnels

"It could just be the natural water levels," I interject, my voice echoing along the 'natural' corridor in twisting, distorting ways. "We're not all too far from the Fau Swamp, after all." This time, my words seem to be swallowed up by the implacable darkness. Unnervingly, no echoes are to be heard.

Kathok

"I would've thought we were well above the swamp's water level," I muse, reaching up to run my bare hand across the ceiling as well. "Besides, every surface of this tunnel is soaked through, and it doesn't really smell swampy..." 

• 2 weeks later...

IC Forger

"It's hard to say, my first guess," although it may sound unlikely... "-is that a Ga-Toa has created this entrance with their powers." I stepped out of the irregular tunnel into one of the more structured ones, one of many it intersected on it's course deeper into the subterranean structure.

"Of course, such a powerful display of their element is certainly out of the realm of the ordinary, maybe even the possible. Whatever the case, there isn't much water remaining. So it looks like whatever carved this area out did so some time ago." Bending down, I picked up a displaced red lightstone from the ground. They scattered the tunnels but were substantially less numerous than I would've imagined. Looking back, the distant entrance of the watery tunnel was visible as a small round light. "We entered from the western side of the temple, so we'll head that a way," I pointed to my right down the branching tunnel. "It ought to take us to the center."

...but close to it

"There better be something good at the end of all this," I sigh, pulling my rifle from my back and holding it at the ready, "Especially since we're not even getting paid for it..." 

IC Forger
I chuckled.

"When was the last time we got paid? I'm thinking it was that time we got hired out as muscle for that "high-quality bar in Ga-Koro," the one that turned out to be a lemonade stand..."

The only sound besides our hushed voices was our footsteps, it was creepy how even the island fauna avoided here.

Edited by Lugh

...but close to it

"Free samples don't really qualify as payment," I growl; my stomach churns at the memory, "I'm still not convinced that there were any actual lemons in that lemonade." 

• Upvote 2

IC Forger

"It's all about building a clientele base, one of them might have a prosperous future of politics in their stars. It's good to know people like that."

Deeper into the tunnels there was an increasing amount of debris. Pieces of clothing, stray junk and vaguely shaped metallic mishmash. Most of it was undisturbed, years of dust sitting over it. However, soon enough we passed a pile of burnt armor and indecipherable remains. A long series of wide and distinctly unmistakable footprints passing from a side passage, over the armor and further down into the tunnels.

"..."

...but close to it

"At least we know we're not alone down here..."