BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: Yenroot

Rahkshi hunters? That was a different spin on this story.

He looked around slowly. Hammerlock, Trava, Kalen, that Skakdi, and Flabbergaster.

"I haven't see any Rahkshi in these parts in a long time. And this is awfully close to that...hole in the ground, leading to the vault." He shrugged. "How do I know none of you are Makutaites?"

IC: Trava (Crowded Campground)

"Because if we were, we wouldn't be making the surface trip, we'd probably go the underground route the reach the actual "Makutaite" part of the temple, and we wouldn't be making camp, we'd head straight for it and go back to Ko-Koro after our business was concluded."

"And the Rahkshi are still here... but spread and in hiding, they're not so brave without their master around to point the way"

That said, Ko-Koro under Makuta-friendly control... she hadn't heard about that at all. One unfortunate side effect of staying away from most crowded settlements was that news were hard to come by. She'd have to make a note to be careful the next time she were on that part of the island.

Since it looked like most of the danger had passed, and the conversation was taking a slightly more surviveable turn, Trava casually sauntered over to where Hammerlock was still standing and took to leaning against a tree next to him. Standing in the middle of a group of strange men did get a little uncomfortable after a while.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Yenroot grunted. He wasn't expecting a reply like that. He wasn't sure what kind of reply he was expecting honestly. Nothing felt right about all this. But...

His bow quivered on the ground and snapped upwards rapidly into his open hand. Gravity was useful to control. "Alright. Sounds like a decent gig."

"That's what we were going for" Trava replied with an indifferent shrug.

She turned her head to the Skakdi who'd barged in last.

"And we're still waiting to hear what your name is and what you're doing here"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Forger

The bracketed lightstone rose into the air, throwing it's yellowish light over the riddle carved into the gargantuan door. Assuming in a fairly justified guess that Enforcer wouldn't have much to add on the subject of the cryptic carvings, I shoot a glance back to Rehkyt and the Ta-Toa before waving my hand towards the door.

"Either of you well versed in poetry?"

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: 

"Oh yeah...Rahkshi...." Savina got really quiet for a moment.

"Can we kill one? I want to fight a Rahkshi, and kill it!" She closed her hand around a fist. "Then we'll be heroes!"

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Celphrithia and Dravennica arriving from Ko-Wahi.

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - Mangaia (Tunnels)

Pausing for a moment as the route ahead began to fork off into different paths and chambers, Dravennica figured that this was as good of a place as any to take a momentary breather before stepping any further into the darkness ahead. Truth be told, she felt that Dayeth and herself probably could've managed to walk a little bit longer, but the look on Celphrithia's face suggested that she was having problems with her back once again, and she knew that doing so would be better than to provide her with another reason to complain, especially given their current location.

"I think it would be wise to stop here for the time being," she said quietly. "Better to rest up first before heading in any farther."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: From Ko-Wahi.

IC: Dayeth - Tunnels.

"You're the boss," she shrugged, leaning back against the tunnel wall. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Thankful for the opportunity to catch her breath, Celphrithia sank to the ground, commanding her minions to do the same before releasing her hold over them. Dravennica, on the other hand, continued to stand for a moment, keeping an eye on the chambers ahead for any oncoming threats as Shredder took a few steps forward in order to do the same.

"I assume this means we're getting closer to our destination, then?" she asked, attempting to fish some details concerning their surroundings out of the only member of their group who had actually been there before.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Probably?" She shrugged, "This place is a maze." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"So in other words, it would be best to be cautious in our choice of direction should we find ourselves needing to fall back. Wouldn't want to run the risk of potentially encountering something worse than the threat we'd already be running from."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Pretty much, yeah."

"Well, I suppose that's one way to ward off any uninvited guests," the Ko-Toa mused, briefly considering the thought of clearing out a few of the chambers first in order to potentially stack the odds in their advantage.

"I knew there was going to be something I liked about this place," Celphrithia said.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Dark, dreary, and full of things that want to kill you," Dayeth addressed Celphrithia, listing the items off one by one, "Home sweet home for a crazy gal like you, right?"

"Helps to hone your survival skills by keeping you on your toes," she responded. "Which is something you don't normally get by holing yourself up behind the walls of a village."

"Can we not do this right now?" the Ko-Toa hissed. "I'd prefer it if we didn't draw any unnecessary attention to ourselves before resuming our journey."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"They probably already know we're here," she replied pointedly, "the things that live in these tunnels... they don't take too kindly to visitors..." 

"Well, whatever's down here hasn't decided to start attacking us yet, and if it's all the same, I'd prefer to keep it that way for at least a little while longer."

As the Ko-Toa finished her sentence, the sounds of footsteps could be heard echoing throughout the chambers ahead, though it was almost impossible to tell which direction they were originally coming from. They continued on for a bit longer before stopping entirely, only to be quickly replaced by the sound of hissing a few moments later.

"I hate to burst your bubble, but that option might not be available any more," Celphrithia said, activating her Kanohi as she ordered her minions to rise.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Sometimes, Dayeth truly loved being right. She pulled out her axe, a fresh fireball still crackling in the palm of her other hand. 

Drawing her sword and readying her shield in an attempt to prepare herself, Dravennica could hardly believe what she was seeing as the situation began to unfold itself before her very eyes.

A blur of what appeared to be red and silver slid across the ground, crashing to a stop against one of the walls belonging to the main tunnel shortly before the creature those colors belonged to picked itself back up and hissed in what she assumed to be anger as its attacker exited the chamber that it had originally came from. While the beast's primary color blended with the darkness so well that it was almost indiscernible, she did make out a shade of gold somewhere amidst the large spikes protruding from its armor as it loomed over its prey, releasing a similar, yet ominously deeper sound in response as its mandibles began flailing themselves around its face. Both were covered in numerous gashes and coated in blood, the owner of which was still in dispute, though the first one seemed to have more splattered across its body, indicating that either it was currently on the losing end of the fight or that the second was simply in possession of a thicker hide.

The Ko-Toa had seen their kind walking around Ko-Koro once before, but never before had she watched them in action, and to be perfectly honest, she was still deciding whether or not she and her group had what it took to bring one of them down, despite having the advantage of numbers.

OOC: Would've posted sooner, but last night was kind of rough on me. To make things more convenient, however, the first Rahkshi is Dodge and the second is Magnetism.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Dayeth - Tunnel.

Two rahkshi? Great... But at least they were preoccupied with fighting each other for the time being. She closed her hand, snuffing out the flames, leaving only the blood-red lightstones dispersed unevenly along the walls to illuminate the tunnel. 

Fun fact; Rahkshi have excellent night vision, a trait that proves useful for beings that commonly dwell in darkened environments.

The two creatures had long since grown accustomed to the dim lighting provided throughout the series of passages, and had barely noticed the presence of a brighter source in the distance since they were already preoccupied with their battle. As that source was extinguished, however, the sudden increase of darkness in their peripheral vision was enough to distract them both from what they were previously doing and caused them to turn their attention towards the beings attempting to intrude upon their territory.

With a hiss, the Rahkshi of Dodge sped towards them, pushing past Celphrithia's minions and knocking the Onu-Toa aside with ease as the tip of its staff sliced through the edge of Dravennica's shield, throwing her off-balance as its sibling began its initial charge. As she began to pick herself up, the necromancer willed the pair of undead to meet their oncoming foe, forcing the duo to advance further into the tunnel in an effort to halt the creature's progress.

She would've also spat some venomous words at Dayeth as well, of course, but her attention was currently too focused on her own survival for her to do so.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

For a moment, Dayeth considered helping the Onu-Toa. But she decided to wait for the time being, to see if the disagreeable necromancer was ever worth the time and effort they were putting into helping her... 

IC: Raaka

"Raaka Baszlin," he shrugged. "I'm just here on vacation."

"You have a pretty interesting sense of what counts as "vacation spot"

It sounded snide, but Trava didn't mean it that way. It was fascinating why this guy decided this was the place to go on vacation; maybe setting up shop right smack dab in monster central was vacationing compared to his everyday life. Perspectives were pretty funny sometimes, Trava had long since realized.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Releasing an angry hiss from its throat as one of the zombified Toa swung at it with a hatchet, the second Rahkshi darted to the side in order to avoid the assault, bringing its staff down upon its attacker's offending limb with enough force to cleanly sever its reanimated hand. Shifting to the side to block another strike from the other undead being, the creature activated its powers over Magnetism, causing the incoming sword to warp and eventually tear itself to pieces upon making contact with its weapon. This unfortunately left it wide open as the first walking corpse moved in to tackle it, successfully impaling one of the Rahkshi's own armor spikes through its rotting shoulder in the process as the pair sailed towards the tunnel wall.

Dravennica, on the other hand, was still righting herself from the earlier attempt on her life when she caught sight of the blur heading back towards her, indicating that the Rahkshi of Dodge was in the process of launching another attack. Reaching down to coat the floor of the tunnel in ice in an attempt to trip it up, she barely had enough time to raise her shield in her defense before it built up enough speed to dash upwards across the rounded wall and proceeded to kick itself off of the ceiling, its body twisting itself through the air as the tip of its staff once again pierced through the metal and cut a large gash across her upper arm. Letting the momentum of the assault push her onto her back, she swung blindly with her sword, finding a small amount of comfort as the blade bit into the creature's left wrist. Hissing in fury as it prepared to kick her ribs in retaliation, it was caught off-guard as Shredder launched himself towards its head, sinking his fangs into one of its mandibles and raking his claws across its chest as he desperately tried to rip it from its face. Releasing her grip on her sword as it began to stumble backwards, the Ko-Toa returned to her feet, wrapping her fingers around the side of the staff closest to her before turning herself into a battering ram and skewering her foe's torso with its very own weapon.

We need to end this now before the fighting attracts any other unwanted attention our way.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Seeing an opportunity, Dayeth flung a fireball towards the corpse impaled on the magnetism rahk's back. Rahkshi didn't like light, so hopefully having a flaming, flailing dead thing stuck on its back would be able to distract the rahkshi long enough for someone to strike a finishing blow...

Unbeknownst to Dayeth, her plan was about to work a little too well.

Her fireball did succeed in lighting the corpse ablaze, yes, but, as an unintended consequence, the fuse dangling out of its side sparked to life as well. Seeing this happen, Celphrithia commanded her uninjured minion to fall back before releasing it from her control completely, immediately switching her focus to her elemental powers as a sizeable blast of concentrated earth impacted the pair and forced them deeper into the tunnel.

A moment later, and the Strallix charges stuffed into the zombie's abdomen violently exploded, splattering the walls with congealed blood and sending mangled body parts, both Toa and Rahkshi alike, flying through the air in every direction imaginable.

Unfortunately for them, it was now quite possible that the sound had alerted every other creature residing in the nearby tunnels to their current position.

Karz...

Meanwhile, Dravennica had managed to slam the Rahkshi she was combating up against a wall, its flailing arms trying to free itself from both the pressure she was applying to its torso and the Kavinika still ferociously tearing away at its face. The Ko-Toa knew that she wouldn't be able to keep the creature pinned for long, but with the majority of her weight pressed up against her shield, she found herself with little to no options on how to proceed. Focusing her powers on the other end of her primary means of defense until the exterior of the metal had entirely frozen over, she let out a cry of rage as spikes of pure ice shot outwards in random directions, piercing through her foe's armor and, in the case of one such protrusion, up into the roof of its mouth before emerging from the crown of its own head. The body convulsed for a few more seconds before she let it finally fall to the ground, allowing Shredder to finally tear the mandible off and begin chewing on it as she retrieved her sword from its corpse.

"We should probably get out of here," she panted, pulling out the staff and tossing it to the ground. "This place is no longer safe anymore."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"The corpses explode?" she groaned, pulling a piece of shrapnel out of the armour of her shoulder, "That would've been worth knowing before we came down here..." 

IC:

I flick my gaze around the clearing, then back to Cannon Vet and Strange Other Person. I run a few quick calculations in my head.

"Y'know, I don't mean to interrupt any of y'all's plans or anything, but speaking of vacations and the like... I was just planning on roasting a few juicy steaks for dinner. I've a good many of them; would any of you care to join me? Conversation is so much more enjoyable with a full belly and a warm campfire."

i say, wine 'em and dine 'em, baby

'cause a craw full of protein toasted medium rare is the one true secret of successful negotiations, interrogations, and myriad social interactions

and don't let anyone tell you different

"...Oh, and Yenroot? Go ahead and relax. I don't want to kill you anymore, I promise."

If broken promises were gold, and stabs-in-the-back diamonds, Yenroot would live a lot better than he was currently. But he relented; after all, this Hammerlock was the one with a weapon, and skills to back it up most likely.

Yenroot lifted his head, tilting his conical hat back up on his head. "As you wish." he replied, softly. He restrapped his bow to his back, and wrapped his hands together in front of his torso. He was trying to stay calm in this melting pot of....characters, but he needed to stay cautious. Rahkshi hunters....if what they say is true, getting on their bad side would be a bad idea. But if they are lying and they are working for Makuta, I better try and not voice a strong opinion either way. Amoral point of view.

"Steak sounds great. I would have brought my spice kit for grilling if I knew I was camping out tonight."

"Nicely done" Trava thought to herself. Hammerlock was so right, much better to sit with a full belly than stand with a groaning stomach.

"Don't worry," she answered Yenroot's remark, "I brought mine. It's a bit worn, but it still works just fine"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Of course they explode," Celphrithia said, running the length of fuse dangling out of the other cadaver's side through her fingers as she began checking it for any damage. "Why do you think my pets and I were positioned at the front of our little expedition?"

"Less talk, more hustle," said the Ko-Toa as she slid the hatchet towards the necromancer with her foot, indicating that her minion was going to need a replacement weapon before turning to Dayeth. "I thought I properly informed you of her tactics back in Ko-Koro, but I apologise for not making myself clearer. Either way, now's not the time to be having this discussion, and we need to move."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: