Jump to content

BZPRPG - Kini-Nui


Nuju Metru

Recommended Posts

IC: Trava (Kini-Nui Jungle)

 

Trava was genuinely taken aback by the unanimous defensive measures that the whole group undertook at once, but at least they didn't seem to actively mean any harm, so she'd guessed correctly.

 

"Just someone who followed the flares shot up into the sky earlier" she answered honestly, "My name is Trava, huntress currently on the lookout for a Rahkshi bounty"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Flabbergaster

 

Too many people... Five, six...

 

Flabbergaster left his terribly uncompleted hammock and began through the brush very slowly towards the group, as if stalking an animal. He could already identify the one standing near the party, the same one that had prepared the steaks and so kindly allowed him hospitality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Volin

 

I ignored the chatter in the background, keeping my crossbow trained on the stranger.

 

"Are you alone?" I asked suspiciously.

IC:

 

By this time I've maneuvered, unseen, into a position that's about... uh...

 

Well, let's imagine Trava's at six o'clock and she's facing the group of unidentified persons who are at the middle of the clock with their backs more or less towards the twelve o'clock. Got that? Okay.

 

Now I'm ninety degrees over at three o'clock, but quite a ways back in the brush and timber. Just close enough that I can sort of hear most of what's being said. When the tall, gritty-lookin' dude with the ratty jacket and the not-so-ratty crossbow pops his little question (and ###### rightfully so; I'd ask the same thing myself) I'm half-tempted to play my cards straightaway, just to be dramatic and all, but I don't.

 

I just hunker down for a few moments and watch and listen. Look these people over and let all the little details work into my skull. I'm in no hurry to initiate interaction without prior observation. Body language, physical characteristics, armor and equipment... it's all important.

 

And I haven't survived this long by ignoring important stuff.

 

...

 

plus, I can still RUN AWAY if I have to but DON'T tell ANYONE I said that heh heh

Edited by Shadowhawk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Toshiko and anyone yet to post from Ta-wahi.

 

IC: Just then I arrived leading an ussal attached to a cart. Trafic had picked up in the area enough to wear a few trails into the jungle, enough for me to get a cart through at least. Rumor had it that a group of monks or something had moved into the temple some time back and got to work renovating. I figured they probably would be willing to share a building or two with people who wanted to hunt Rahkshi. We did have some rather intertwined goals after all, even if my line of work had a bit more for me in it.

 

Facing off against other travalers had not exactly been part of my plan.

 

"Well this is unexpected." I said, loud enough for everybody nearby to hear me.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Oceanna shuffled her feet. "So uh...we're all here for the same thing?"

IC:

 

In one abrupt motion I rise from hiding and take a measured half-step sideways out of cover. Then I'm striding forward through the dappled forest sunlight towards the group, not bothering to pretend I haven't been watching them for who-knows-how-long now.

 

Which is not very long, actually. But they've no way of knowing that, heh heh.

 

Anyhow, as I walk I glance briefly from face to face and then meet Miss Heavy Metal's dark green eyes and make a brisk, military-esque gesture that might be some form of a salute. "It would certainly appear so, wouldn't it? ...and in this case I believe appearances are not at all deceiving."

 

I halt and stand at a respectful distance, not wanting to pressure anyone's comfort zone.

 

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a professional trouble magnet and sometimes mercenary, a little bit footloose and a lot independent. They call me 'Hammerlock', among other things. I'm here with Trava."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Trava (Kini-Nui Jungle)

 

"That'd be a no, by the way" Trava finally answered Volin's question, "I had the same idea you apparently did that taking business here is generally not safe to do by yourself"

 

She was holding her Staff just like a walking stick, and reached into her satchel to bring out her Kanohi. She slid it on, and used its power to get an extra good look at the new group of Rahkshi Hunters they'd run into.

 

With her enhanced vision, one of them even started looking eerily familiar.

 

"You," she said, pointing at the Toa of Plasma, "you look familiar to me"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Flabbergaster

 

Now things were drawing to a point. In only a minute or two someone was going to start a silence that someone would break, and things would get uncomfortable.

 

He crouched up against a tree, the darkness hiding him perfectly. It would take a marksman's eyes to spot him, and only if they were scanning the brush. This position isn't very comfortable... Or dignified...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Volin

 

By this point, I wasn't fazed much by all the sudden appearances, and I half-expected someone else would show up soon enough. I kept my crossbow up for good measure, warily eyeing this Hammerlock guy as he approached, then the surrounding area for any other potential surprises.

 

"...Volin," I started, slowly taking my aim off the girl. "Also here to hunt Rahkshi."

 

An awkward pause hung in the air, and I fidgeted nervously when one of them suddenly pulled out a mask.

 

"Me?" I frowned. "Sorry lady, but I've never seen you in my life. If I did, I'd remember." 

 

If only my brother and his stupid winks were here.

 

"So, is it just the two of you or are there more?"

Edited by TX Wade
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Trava (Kini-Nui Jungle)

 

"There's more of us, in a camp not too far from here" Trava explained quickly, jerking her thumb in the direction she came from.

 

"I appreciate that apparently I made a good first impression," she added with humor, "but no, you did actuallly remind of another person, but we can discuss that later."

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Volin

 

Assuming we'll have that discussion at all.

 

I glanced back at the group, shrugging in inquiry. "What do you guys think?" I asked, keeping my voice low. "I don't mind saddling up with the competition, even if it means splitting the bounty a little more, but I don't know if we can trust them."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Volin

 

I nodded, veering my gaze back to Hammerlock and Trava.

 

"Well, since we're all here for the same thing, why don't we help each other out? Rahkshi hunting's dangerous business, and it would go a #### of a lot smoother if everyone here was on the same team. We don't mind splitting the profits fairly if it means a little more insurance."

 

I slung my crossbow across my back.

 

"If it's any reassurance, none of us are looking to stab anyone in the back."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Trava (Kini-Nui Jungle)

 

"Same here" Trava replied, twirling her staff gently as she visibly relaxed, "Rakhshi seem like a good bet for the time to play safe"

 

"If you don't mind, I'd like a word with my business partner here for a moment, mind." She said. Trava looked at Hammerlock and beckoned her head to an isolated spot in the clearing.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC:

 

I walk over to speak with Trava, turning my face slightly to foil any attempts anyone might be making at lip reading.

 

"They look like a decent bunch to me," I say quietly. "I'm not picking up any major rotten apple vibes, at least. How about you?"

 

IC: Trava (Kini-Nui Jungle)

 

"That's just it," Trava replied, "they're here, and they're ready to go, which can't be said for the people back at the campsite. I say we ditch them and go with these guys"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Sorry about that. I wanted to wait for The Outsiders' Kini-Nui Group to finish up and leave so we wouldn't have to fight them (and trust me, there most likely would've been a fight), but since everyone over there isn't posting, I suppose it's possible to avoid them via BZP Time shenanigans...

Oh, and I'll just assume that there was a time skip between those two Kavala posts in order to move things along faster.

 

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - Mangaia (Tunnels)

Feeling as rested as she could be in a tunnel where every inhabitant was dead set on killing her, Dravennica nodded, glancing towards Celphrithia momentarily and giving her the go-ahead to start resurrecting her minion.

"We leave as soon as Dayeth is ready," she said, turning her attention to the Matoran.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Dayeth.

 

"I'm ready," she grunted, straightening to her feet, "Let's go." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - Mangaia (Tunnels)

Upon hearing the Ta-Matoran's confirmation, the Ko-Toa was quick to respond with a flick of her wrist as she willed the once-frozen barricade to thaw. A moment later, the earth itself was parted by the necromancer, revealing the entrance leading back into the underground maze.

"It appears that we are all ready to continue then," Dravennica said to Kavala. "Feel free to take the lead."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Trava (Kini-Nui Jungle)

 

"That's just it," Trava replied, "they're here, and they're ready to go, which can't be said for the people back at the campsite. I say we ditch them and go with these guys"

IC:

 

"A-huh. Right on. Ditch the losers, get with the program? I like your logic, Trava; let's do it."

 

Grinning broadly, I spin on my heel and raise my voice slightly.

 

"Hey yo, if you folks don't mind two more armed and dangerous tactical professionals in your midst, we'd be more'n pleased to tag along! We've got our own weapons and supplies and we'll pull our own weight; all we're asking is a fair percentage of any profits, savvy?"

 

There. Best classic business proposition of all time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC:

I raise my eyebrow just like everybody else.

I mean, you know, I never did like feeling unfashionable.

"Technically speaking, Trava and I are a group, and you folks are a group, and then there's a few other miscellaneous persons who showed up and ate dinner with us. And they're groups unto themselves. I couldn't speak for them, even if they were here."

 
I frown slightly and shrug.
 
"Which, they're not. And no, I'm not ditching anybody. You can't ditch somebody you were never allied with in the first place, eh?"

OOC:

But seriously, if any of you 'other miscellaneous persons' want in on this conversation, mebbe have your character(s) show up around now? Or feel free to, anyway. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC:

 

That might be a good idea. I'll get the ball rolling.

 

 

IC Flabbergaster

 

Some odd words... Clear irritation from the newcomer, and waaaaay too much talking from the campsite guy-person-uhh-thing.

 

Flabbergaster shot the small crew a questioning glance, then crept back through the underbrush to pop in, but not before motioning for the others to follow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Kavala

(Mangaia, Dark Walk):

 

Kavala nodded and took the lead, though he knew how risky that was in such company. He reminded himself that at least he knew the tunnels well, however, and his night vision gave him an advantage down here.

 

After a while of walking, Kavala's sensitive hearing caught voices coming from somewhere else in the tunnel network.

 

"You hear that?" he asked his new allies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - Mangaia (Tunnels)

Signaling for the necromancer and her minion to temporarily halt their advance, Dravennica paused in her tracks before tightening her grip on both her sword and her shield.

"At least it's less likely to be Rahkshi this time," Celphrithia rasped, though her face still displayed a similar amount of concern.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...