BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Nope, it was genuinely that awful." The Ta-Toa stated, leaning back in the booth and resuming her habit of spinning a tiny flame around her finger. "'Sides, you don't know about spotting a liar."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "Whatever you say." he replied dismissively, tossing another strip of bacon into his mouth.

She'll lighten up.

----------------------------------

IC: "Hey, Cancer."

What.

"You think we should go out to the volcano and see if there's any nice stuff to dig up there? Do a li'l bitta cheeky prospecting like the old days?"

The old days didn't involve leaving a perfectly fine city street to go run scarf-first into somewhere called "way too close to lava".

"Yeah, me too."

If my shell turns red, I'm gonna toss you in there myself. Just so we're clear.

"Let's go, pal!"

And so, shaking the dust off cerebrum and carapace wearily, the island's most dynamic duo set forth from the Village of Fire's inner sector.

helo frens

IC:

"M'goin', m'goin', the one-time lieutenant assured his organic armrest with a more quiet playfulness than before. With the frantic energy of the bar behind them, he had grown somewhat languorous with his strides, trying to outpace Alfon's chatter behind them, while relaxing for both his sake and Skri's. "If I go any faster, you're going to trip over yourself. Look at you. Your left foot is stepping ###### diagonally. You're walking like a Dikapi, love."

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Dikapi get everywhere just fine. People use 'em for messages and ." The mercenary shot back, entirely unconcerned (aside from a brief glance downwards) by her gait. "And if you're so stubborn about keeping me from falling, if I do, it'll be 'cause of you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Mhm. See? Can't be that grimdark." Reo had the satisfied smile of a fisherman who had been waiting for hours for just this kind of bite. "I'm still the same charming, renegade that you adore."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Challenge."

The Maru's smile gleamed.

"Challenge."

His eyes twinkled, and his arm tightened with playful affection around the blitzed, irked merc. 

"I heard a c h a l l e n g e."

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"No, you didn't." The Ve-Toa mercenary glowered at the Maru, squeezing his shoulder uncomfortably tight to emphasize her point. "Your ego is already insufferable, you're not gonna make it worse."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You can't tell Reordin Saporta what to do. Without him, the whole Hive battle would have been lost! We'd have been stuck on the ground, unable to take to the skies, unable to sway the Ussalry, unable to stop Turaga Nuju, unable to even breach the goddamn thing!"

He was clearly enjoying the contortions of Skrihen's face.

"You'd have survived Heuani to become bug . I think that deserves at least a few less frown lines."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You used to be so playful. Borderline sweet. Now you're so edgy, and you call me names, and you drink all the time. Like my dad with an uncomfortably pronounced rack."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The mercenary drew herself up to her full height, much more stably than before, using the Ko-Toa's for what little additional stability she needed. Then she left her back slouch, intentionally, and her eyes half-close unevenly. Her opposite hand came up to jab accusingly at Reordin's chest while her voice dropped as low and she could make it, affecting a deliberate slur.

"You're a disgrace, kid. Coulda been someone. Now look at you. Drummed out of the Guard, hanging around the likes of the Maru. Not making any money. An outcast to everyone else. What would your mother think?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Reordin Maru's posture flash froze.

He stared down at Skrihen for a long time, face immobile, before he spoke. His eyes were such a light blue they were almost colorless, and they gazed into Skrihen impartially. His mouth struggled under the weight of what looked like fury...and then gave up, drawing into another self-confident smile.

"She'd probably wish she smashed your brother first. Dad."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Reordin exhaled softly and looked back to where Alfon, Plagia, Ril, and Taleen were in full totally not listening to them as they approached the docks mode.

"You're belligerently drunk."

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Ha." Skrihen gave a short, loud laugh and finally straightened her posture again, voice returning to its normal register. "You really don't know me lately. You're thinking of the Mark high."

fK5oqYf.jpg