Jump to content
Nuju Metru

BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Recommended Posts

IC: Dahrak Nade - Onu-Koro (Streets)

 

What the - ? Don't recall being this hammered...

Illusions...? Seriously...? Closing in fast...

Think, Dahrak!

It was then that he started to backpedal a bit to buy himself some additional time, though he otherwise remained resolute in his decision to keep up the fight.

Four bodies, four directions, eight arms, eight blades...

And then it dawned on him.

For the first time in what felt like ages, a brief smile formed across his face, terrifying enough to rival the now infamous grin of the Skakdi race and to put fear into the hearts of all but the most hardened followers of the Makuta.

But only one mask.

Reaching out again with his Matatu, he began to apply an almost virtuously unnoticable amount of pressure around the Kanohi of his opponent and his doppelgangers; not enough to cause any real damage or disrupt its trajectory, mind you, but just enough to separate the real Karz-Head from his band of fakes. Swiveling towards his actual adversary, he quickly raised his arms, letting the blades harmlessly bite into the stone that encased them, only to tighten his mental grip and attempt to rip it straight from his face as he countered with a faux punch of his own, this time using his element to fire off the entire gauntlet in a point blank shot towards the center of the Onu-Toa's chest.

You done ###### up now, son. Let's see how tough you really are without that Mahiki.


Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahrak Nade - Onu-Koro (Streets)

 

What the - ? Don't recall being this hammered...

Illusions...? Seriously...? Closing in fast...

Think, Dahrak!

It was then that he started to backpedal a bit to buy himself some additional time, though he otherwise remained resolute in his decision to keep up the fight.

Four bodies, four directions, eight arms, eight blades...

And then it dawned on him.

For the first time in what felt like ages, a brief smile formed across his face, terrifying enough to rival the now infamous grin of the Skakdi race and to put fear into the hearts of all but the most hardened followers of the Makuta.

But only one mask.

Reaching out again with his Matatu, he began to apply an almost virtuously unnoticable amount of pressure around the Kanohi of his opponent and his doppelgangers; not enough to cause any real damage or disrupt its trajectory, mind you, but just enough to separate the real Karz-Head from his band of fakes. Swiveling towards his actual adversary, he quickly raised his arms, letting the blades harmlessly bite into the stone that encased them, only to tighten his mental grip and attempt to rip it straight from his face as he countered with a faux punch of his own, this time using his element to fire off the entire gauntlet in a point blank shot towards the center of the Onu-Toa's chest.

You done ###### up now, son. Let's see how tough you really are without that Mahiki.

 

IC:

 

Insidian felt his mask budge a bit thanks to his foes' own mask power. As his mask slipped a bit against his face his dopplefangers vanished. As he felt the tug grow stronger Insidian rached up and grasped his mask making sure it was still on his face. The gauntlet slammed into Insidian's chest, causing him to stumble backwards as his chest armor dented and he felt intense pain.

 

"You may control stone... but I control the Earth under our feet." Insidian roared as he stomped on the ground. Underneath his foe a sinkhole was created twenty feet around him. Insidian tapped his foot again and the hole opened up as he attempted to drop the Toa within. He then activated his mask, filling the hole with the Toa's greatest fears, he didn't know what they were but he let the illusions of darkness and fear invade his enemies mind as he grasped at his chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dahrak Nade - Onu-Koro (Streets)

 

Karz...

Wait, what the - ? Oh, ####...!

As the earth opened up beneath him, the Po-Toa could do little more than brace himself for the inevitable impact as he, the building behind him, and a large portion of the alley, began plummeting down towards the bottom.

 

"Argh...! #### it, Galea! Watch what you're doing back there!"

Shaking her head in disapointment as she placed the bloody knife back down on her tray, the Bo-Lesterin continued to hold the wound open as she leaned over to dig through her medical supplies.

"Serves you right. If you had come straight home to have this taken care of after training instead of going out for drinks, I wouldn't have to remove all this dead flesh from the back of your shoulder. And I'm almost done, so quiet down, or you'll wake up Nogan."

"You're just mad because I had the spear tip pulled out long before you had the chance to play around with it, you sadist."

"Aww, I love you too, you big grump," she said, leaning forward as she gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Just a forewarning; this next part's going to sting a bit."

"Oh, please. You can't possibly hurt me any more than you already - argh!"

A few moments of profanity, stitching, and bandaging later, and the wound was tended to as best as it could've been by purely physical means alone. Truth be told, Galea's work might have been faster, and far less painful, if she had simply used her mask to mend it instead, but this was obviously her way of trying to teach him a lesson. Granted, it probably wasn't going to stick, and he'd likely be in a similar situation again within the next few weeks, but he had long since accepted that as part of her charm.

"Now, is there anything else you need me to look at, or can I start cleaning up?"

Rotating his arm for a bit in as he turned to face her, he briefly glanced over his shoulder in an effort to admire her handiwork.

"I don't know, Doc," he said softly, a sly grin forming across his face. "That first kiss might not've been enough to make it all better. I may need another one."

"Oh, really?"

"Looks that way."

"Well, I suppose that can be arranged," she said, gently clutching his chin as she leaned forward, only to swerve at the last second as she began whispering in his ear. "But it's going to have to wait. We have a visitor."

Averting his gaze back towards the entrance of the medical tent, he soon spotted the figure of a young boy peeking his way around the flap while trying to remain largely inconspicuous.

"Nogan...? What are you doing up at this hour?"

His cover blown, the Po-Lesterin quickly ran inside and hopped up onto his father's lap.

"I couldn't sleep, papa. The soldiers outside were making too much noise. Could you tell me a story?"

"Uh... Sure. I've got one. Once upon a time, there was a boy, not too unlike yourself, mind you, who lived in a village under seige by a great and terrible... dragon."

"A d-dragon...?"

"Yes, a dragon. It had horns as long as I am tall, wings powerful enough to darken the sky, scales of pure obsidian, and the mouth of a raging volcano, spewing fire hot enough to roast everything that stood in it's path. At night, it would emerge from it's cave and start feasting on the villagers' cattle, swallowing them whole before spitting back up the bones. Many hunters attempted to slay it, to rid their home of its evil, laying traps and forming hunting parties, but all of those who were lucky enough to return did so in defeat."

"So what did the boy do?"

"Well, seeing as to how everyone else had failed to defeat the beast, the boy took it upon himself to journey to the creature's cave alone. There he stood, and with his voice raised as high as he could, he began to shout.

"Oh, mighty dragon, I have come before you to pledge myself to your service, so that my village may be spared. But before I do, I must make sure that you are, indeed, as great and terrible as you appear."

And the dragon, in all his pride, emerged out into the open to accept the challenge, as he found the boy's defiance amusing.

"Speak then your prerequisites, before I turn you into my next meal."

"Oh, mighty dragon, surely if your appetite is massive, you should have no problem drinking the lake dry."

"Fool!," bellowed the dragon. "I am a dragon! My appetite is endless and knows no limits!"

And with that, the dragon sucked the lake dry, leaving not so much as a drop of water behind.

"Oh, mighty dragon, surely if you were imposing, you wouldn't need such horns."

"Fool!," bellowed the dragon. "I am a dragon! I need no horns to spread fear!"

And with that, the dragon snapped off his horns, and threw them at the boy's feet.

"Oh, mighty dragon, surely if you are powerful, you need not be so large."

"Fool!," bellowed the dragon. "I am a dragon! My power remains, even when the size of one such as yourself!"

And with that, the dragon shrunk down to the size of the boy.

"Oh, mighty dragon, surely if you were still dangerous, you'd still be able to move."

"Fool!," bellowed the dragon, becoming annoyed with the boy. "You've wasted enough of my time. Prepare to meet your end!"

But try as he might, with his stomach so full of lake water, and his limbs to small to support it, he could no longer budge, nor spew forth his deadly flames. The only part of himself he could move towards the boy was his head, but without his horns, he remained just out of reach.

"Fool!," bellowed the boy as he lifted up one of the horns and pierced the dragon's heart. "I am a boy! And you have just fallen for my trap!"

And with the dragon defeated and the lake restored, the boy returned home to his village as a hero, inspiring generations to come that no matter the odds, everything will turn out just fine in the end."

A look of confusion spread across the child's face as he leaned up against the Po-Toa's chest, still desperately trying to stay awake.

"But papa...," he said, his eyes now weary and struggling to stay open. "If everything worked out in the story, then..."

"Yes, Nogan?"

"Then how come you couldn't save mama and me?"

The next thing he knew, Dahrak was kneeling in the mud, cradling the limp, bloody bodies of his family, with tears streaming down his face.

And through the dancing flames and the rain beating down upon his back, all he could do was scream towards the heavens.

 

After what felt like an eternity of having to live through it all again, a cloud of darkness began to form around him, a pair of glowing red eyes emerging from its center.

You are a fool, Dahrak Nade, for ever thinking that you could ever shirk your destiny as my pawn.

No...

Your mother, as zealous as she was, created you in order to serve me.

Shut up...

Mata Nui has abandoned you. You have no place at his side.

I said... shut up...

Almost as soon as the darkness had arrived, a sphere of solid stone began forming around it, trapping the entity within as it slowly began to condense.

Your soul is forever mine, and one day, I will come to collect it.

You're welcome to try. But I suggest you have a ####### army at your back when you show up.

You'll never see your family again.

Yes... I... will. Before I do, though, I'm going to kick both you and your brother straight in the teeth.

You cannot harm me, for I am a god.

Perhaps not yet. But as for right now, I can still hurt the ###### who arranged this little meeting of ours.

 

Creating a pillar with his element and using it to launch himself up out of the hole after finally shattering his way through the illusion, he swung his fist towards the ground, launching the boulder that came up behind him directly at his current foe. Given that it was about as large as a third of the pit's total radius, the resulting devastation was not going to be pretty.

Because not all of us are born as heroes, Nogan. Some of us are born as dragons.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:​ Leli

 

"Okay, let's go," She affirmed, though it seemed as if she was reaffirming herself than anything else. Regardless, Leli powered on ahead, moving to outpace any trepidation that might've pulled her back.

 

​OOC: Plot people to plot important places, let's gooooooo~


sig1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

Tarnok nodded affirmation of his own, following the other Matoran out of the village. He kept to her right, even on this journey, out of deference to her rank. He had a feeling that it was going to be a strange enough experience without changing it up even more. Unusual things tended to happen when you acted on advice from one such as that stranger.

 

OOC: To Kini.


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Jam with Zalty

 

IC: Akiri Nuparu and Onepu (Nuparu's Office)

 

"Akiri?"

 

"Hang on a second..."

 

The ussalryman raised his eyebrow, but didn't say anything as he quietly stood there, watching the Akiri scribbling with intense concentration. The tin in the corner labelled "lost causes" was already overflowing with crumpled notes.

 

After another crumpled note bopped against the overflowing pile and landed on the floor, the Ussalryman saw Nuparu lift his gaze to regard him. His green eyes blinked through his orange Pakari with a dull, uncertain glow that left the two blinks like tiny lightstones hanging in a dark nothing behing his Mask.

 

"I'm sorry, what was it?" he asked, his voice weak and uninspired.

 

"Onepu is here to see you, sir, like he agreed"

 

"Right, right. Yes, of course" Nuparu responded. He put his palms to his desk and pushed himself into a more upright position, before he nodded to the guard.

 

"Let him in"

 

Onepu would have liked for this to have been a simple pleasure meeting. But as was the way things had been for the last thousand years, it was once again business that brought him his his friend and leader's office. This didn't trouble him as much as it used to, and today it troubled him less than usual, as his thoughts dwelt on the content of the meeting rather than the meeting itself.

 

"Nuparu," he greeted the Akiri with a nod, as he was admitted to the office. He noted the papers the former engineer had been working on. "New inventions, or politics?" he asked, gesturing at them. A little icebreaker.

 

"Both" Nuparu replied as he folded a few of them inward to obscure them from Onepu's sight. Some secrets were only for the Akiri to know.

 

"Speaking of politics, specifically. You know why you're here"

 

The Akiri pulled a letter out from a drawer in his desk, Onepu instantly recognized it as the letter he had himself sent to him recently. The Inventor squinted as he read oer the letter an additional time, silence pushing on the atmosphere between the two.

 

"You're asking for a lot, here, Onepu. I hope you're aware of that" he said with grave intonation.

 

"Completely," Onepu affirmed. "And in any other circumstances, I would have thrown that letter into the bin," his eyes darted inadvertently to the overflowing 'scrapped ideas' bin against the wall, "But... You know what they say about desperate times."

 

"Desperate measures, yes, but... I still don't know... Iden and Akaku wielders eavesdropping on people? What exactly is the scope of this surveillance network you want?"

 

The Akiri's tone was more inquisitive than accusatory, and more than a little anxious. His burnt orange Pakari crinkled as he listened to Nuparu's elaboration.

 

Onepu folded his arms, grumbling in thought. "I hadn't really thought of that part. I just wanted to hear what you thought of it at this point... But whatever we could manage with what resources we have would be ideal. The inns, at the very least, would have to be covered, and other places where people gather. We found out the last bank heist had been planned at one of them. Maybe the library. Archive, whatever."

 

"Well, as for what I think, at the moment I'm still highly sceptical, even though I see the usefulness."

 

Nuparu steepled his fingers as he glanced over at his friend, his voice was still quite grave, but he wasn't talking to Onepu.

 

"What would Whenua do? What indeed?" he mumbled to himself. More importantly, was that what he should do?

 

"My concern is this: I think, you're casting too wide of a net, even if it is a temporary one." Nuparu explained.

 

"Crime isn't just about sabotage, terrorism or infiltration, it's also about desperation, destitution, dissatisfaction. Those aren't evils, they're unfortunate circumstances. With the refugee situation... things aren't as peaceful here as they used to be, but I'm working on a solution."

 

"Tell you what, you go get your surveillance, but I want it only for public spaces, and as limited as you can make it."

 

Onepu nodded. "I know. Believe me, I do." He imagined that in a place such as Ko-Koro, he would be very quickly branded a 'criminal'. He 'hmm'ed in both satisfation and apprehension as Nuparu gave him his answer. "I wouldn't have it any other way. But what about executing it? We don't have enough Toa of Sonics, or appropriate mask powers to cover the whole Koro, do we?"

 

"You're not supposed to, remember?" Nuparu replied.

 

"You said 'whatever we could manage with what resources we have would be ideal'. I agree, and if you don't feel like you can get what you want out of this, then I suggest you just scrap the project entirely, or adjust your goals."

 

The Akiri sighed, and leaned back in his chair, almost as if something was weighing him down.

 

"Onepu, I don't mean to be dismissive, but if you're going to carry out this idea, than keep in mind what I said. If you're concerned with coverage, maybe stick only to open public spaces where the populace mingles to and fro?

 

Onepu nodded, mulling it over. "Right, right. I didn't mean covering every nook and cranny, just the public spaces. And if we can't muster the masks and Toa to pull it off, I could implement a rotation schedule. It might even take some potential terrorists off-guard that way." He mumbled to himself, scratching idly at a chipped spot in his armor. Finishing his musing, he fixed his friend and Akiri with a smile. "You don't have to worry about me, Nuparu. All I want to to prevent a situation like the bank attack from ever happening again."

 

"I don't have any doubt about your intentions, old friend," Nuparu replied, "only about your methods, which is why I'm going to keep an eye on how this goes."

 

"I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, Onepu." the Akiri said.

 

Onepu nodded. "I'm counting on it." He hadn't given it any though before, but this 'multiple branches of government' thing seemed like a good idea now that he was faced with it. Whenua had been wise enough to not overextend his power, but few others could claim the same. Onepu least of all, if he was honest. He extended a hand. "As ever, let me know if there's anything I can help with."

 

"Of course" Nuparu replied. As the guard at the door showed Onepu out, Nuparu returned to his scribbles, muttering half-heard sentences as he wondered whether he'd made the right decision...

  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Gairu--

Well, that could have gone smoother, Gairu thought as he continued to amble down the streets of Onu-Koro.  The Skakdi had seemed pretty grumpy at being bumped into; he made a mental note to keep from doing that to anyone else.

He mulled over the guardsman from earlier's suggestion about joining the Ussalry, a proposition he was honestly still kind of really on the fence about.  Still, there could be certain benefits to being a member of a military organization, and he'd be making good on his promise to protect Onu-Koro...

 

--OOC:--

Been a while since I used this guy.

Gairu's Open For Interaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Azureus

 

Azi finished reading the book, and returned it to its place within the library before leaving. Feeling rather thirsty, he darted in the direction of one of the two bars, accidentally plowing head-on into another Toa, knocking the both of them over. He rubbed the back of his head, looking over at who he had just run into. "Um... Oops?"

 

OOC: Azi interacting with Gairu

Edited by Toa Azureus

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

 

Also, because THEMESONG:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Gairu--

Aw, great.  It happened again.  Only this time, both of them were on the ground now.

Gairu stood and rubbed his backside before offering a helping hand to the Toa that had collided with him.  "Hey, are you all right?"

 

--OOC:--

Sup, Azi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Gairu--

Gairu appeared to have bumped into a rather irritable Skakdi toting a cane.  It would probably be a good idea to not make him more grumpy.

"Yeah, I have eyes," he joked.  "I just wasn't using them right then.  I'm sorry I bumped into you."

A slightly awkward pause ensued, before he broke it with, "I like your cane."

 

IC: Zeska

 

He grunted at the Toa's... appreciation of his cane before watching him intently as he strode away. It wasn't long before he bumped into another Toa, prompting the Skakdi to shake his head.

 

"You make a habit of that, son?" he called over to the two of them, picking themselves up.


highly dense

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Gairu--

"It's OK," Gairu replied.  "It is pretty hard to stop when you're going fast, isn't it?"

To the Skakdi with the cane, he called back, "No, it's not a habit!  Although it does help in meeting new people!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Azureus

 

"This friend of mine used to be my Team's leader. he was a Toa of Fire, at one point in his life at least... before the team had formed, he had a run in that ended with him being a Shadow Toa. Nobody knows how, but this Toa to this day continues to fight in the name of Mata Nui, even after his transformation.... Heroes can last, and Ahi is living, breathing proof of it..."


Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

 

Also, because THEMESONG:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arero

 

I took a few minutes to read by the window after my neighbor helped me dress. Before I knew it my mind wandered, as it does.

 

Onu-Koro has always had a certain charm. I moved from the desert only a couple weeks ago, but already I feel at home. My neighbors are sweet matoran. They help with cooking and cleaning and other things for a small fee while I search for a proper butler.

 

I remember the day I moved here. It was cold in the tunnels, and I traveled with unsavory companions. The first place I went was The Wise Man's Archive. Folks back in the desert talked about the bookstore chain. As a reader I had to go.

 

The sounds of whirring machinery brings me back to the present. It's some new contraption being taken to the bazaar down the street to be auctioned. Maybe I'll follow?

 

I do. Besides, I need to commission a small sign for my front door to get the mail.  

My fumbling effort gets the door of the closet open, but after taking a moment I decide the effort needed to put on a jacket is not enough to justify wearing in the humid cavern air.

 

My feet plot their course to the bazaar. It’s full of commerce as usual. I stop by a few stalls. By now they know I always give an excuse when offered to inspect something and then dip out. The cheesemonger always has her way of getting me to try a bite though. She holds out the morsel on its toothpick, and says, “I assume you won’t try it?”

 

“Assumptions can kill, I’ve heard,” I replied. Add a cheeky wink for good measure. Nevertheless, she gets me to buy a wedge of a fragrant variety that pairs well with figs from another stall. The smells will compliment the tea that arrived this morning from Le-Wahi. I promise to have my neighbor pick it up later when they do their shopping.

 

I realize after a few more minutes of browsing the fire-spitter who normally hammers out steel is missing. So are the usual sounds of his occupation. Everyone deserves a day off I suppose.

 

“Excuse me,” I say to a shopper I bump. Then, to someone happier, “excuse me. Yes, you, I’m so sorry to trouble you but, yes excuse me, um, hi. Do you know where I could find a sign maker?”

 

OOC: Hi! Arero is open for interaction in the bazaar. It's my first post so critique is appreciated!


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Welcome to the game, Unreliable Narrator, glad to have you.

 

The only thing I'd like to point out is that The Wise Man's Archive is one Library, not a store chain.

 

IC: Ferron (Onu-Koro Bazaar)

 

"What's that?" The bypasser asked, looking over at the gloved Po-Matoran. The Turaga of Iron that turned to him offered a friendly smile. Ferron had been out shopping himself, both for some supplies and everyday stuff like groceries. Aftor Tarnok had left him with his ominous expectations, the Forgemaster had found the need to step outside to distract himself from an itch to take some sort of action to respond to the nebulous dangers. He didn't show that, of course, and was keeping his outward demeanor approachable.

Edited by Geardirector
  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooc: Oh thank you so much! I'll change that later.

 

IC: Arero

 

“I'm looking for a sign maker,” I repeat, “preferably a metal worker. Do you know a place?”

 

I feel like I've seen this turaga before. Maybe I passed them on the street earlier this week? He has that kind of memorable appearance.


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ferron (Onu-Koro Bazaar)

 

"A sign maker who can work with metal, you say?" Ferron mused, scratching his chin as he looked at the Matoran with interest. 

 

"As it happens, I might be the very person you're looking for" he said, offering his hand to Arero.

 

"Forgemaster Ferron, at your service"

  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arero (Onu-Koro Bazaar)

 

His name is familiar.

 

I look briefly down. His hand is outstretched. Clearly he's seen action in the past. I feel a certain kinship with this iron elder of things we don't speak to others about.

 

“Arero, previously of Po-Koro,” I say while placing my hand in his. Old wounds twinge in his grasp. My face stays placid. “Wairuha's wisdom must have brought us together. Is your workshop here, or somewhere else in town? If you're in the middle of errands, do you mind me discussing business as we walk?”


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ferron (Onu-Koro Bazaar)

 

"Not at all," Ferron replied, securing his grip on a basket he was carrying with him, "it'll serve us well, methinks."

 

"My Forge is at the edge of the Koro, so we'll have to walk a bit to get there" he informed, pointing with his prosthetic hand. "Hopefully you don't get turned around if you're new down here".


BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arero (Onu-Koro Bazaar)

 

“I think I've become at least more capable in the past week or so, but do lead on. Had an unfortunate moment where I mistook the Akiri’s office as the local brewhouse my first day here.” I laugh. “To be fair, I did see someone walk in with a barrel over their shoulder.”

 

I walk at Ferron’s side but I don't offer to take my elder’s basket. Not that I can help them with that. Not now. I feel the gravel under my feet while we walk. It's relaxing.

 

“I take it you've been a local for a while? Oh, they waved. Do you know them?” I nod in the direction of a rug merchant.


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ferron (Onu-Koro)

 

"Tangentially," Ferron answered as he waved back, "but I have indeed been here a while. A fair bit of time before my transformation into my current form".

 

Ferron calmly exposited as he led the way through the streets, keeping his attention mostly on the road ahead.

  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Hey I'm sorry for not responding immediately! I'm back now!

 

IC: Arero (Onu-Koro)

 

"You remember being a toa? You must have accomplished an amazing task to become as you are now," I reply. I'm genuinely curious. While I listen we arrive at a larger dwelling at the edge of town. It's made of clay and stone. There's a traditional doorway with a mailbox to its left, a window to its right, and a smokestack on top of the hut. Based on how he moves I feel this must be the forge.


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

 

"Oh I don't know about that, necessarily" Ferron parried, humility showing as he lead the way inside.

 

"So," he spoke up, clapping his uneven hands together upon getting behind his own counter, "Can you give some details about this sign you want then?"


BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arero (Onu-Koro)

 

There's a wicker chair in the right hand corner of the shop. It looks like the turaga’s spot to sit and look out at the street. I imagine the forge master tapping a metal finger on the arms while waiting for business.

 

I approach the counter.

 

“I'm looking to have a small sign with my address and name to hang above the front door. If it could be, I'd like it made of iron with a bronze trim. Do you have a portfolio?”


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

 

"Look around" Ferron said, throwing his arms out. The gesture drew attention to the armor and weapon racks, the shelves and the tool racks, all holding at least one or two of the implements in question. They were of excellent make, intricate patterns woven into the sword hilts and axe blades and jar lids that looked so flowing and continuous, one would be forgiven for assuming Ferron had drawn the lines with hiw own fingers. Considering the Turaga's powers, that actually wasn't all that far-fetched.


BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arero (Ferron’s Forge)

 

I turn slowly in place to view the portfolio across the walls. His metalwork is impressive. Each piece shows the skill of a master craftsman. I know asking for a plain sign is almost rude at this point, but I like my nondescript aesthetics. If I’m to live in Onu-Koro I want to look local.

 

“I love the filigree and patterning on these sword… Things,” I say and nod at an elegant crossguard. It blooms like a fully open orchid.  “Maybe you could add a bit of that into the design as well, but not over the top.”

 

A brief pause while thoughts pass through my brain like an iron mahi through Tiro canyon. I know I look awkward staring into space. Bad habit.

 

“How soon do you think it could be ready? I’m still looking for a retainer, but someone can bring payment once you’re finished. Unless you require a deposit?”


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

 

"Oh, it won't take long. It's a rather straightforward process," Ferron answered, "come back tomorrow afternoon, and I should have something for you, once we've gone through the details of your order"

  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arero (Ferron’s Forge, Onu-Koro)

 

“Perfect.” I smile and give a nod. My home will look much better with an address sign for the mail. Worrying about fitting in with the neighborhood is a small island problem when compared to what’s going on above ground, but I need some solace and peace. I’ve seen more than I want to of war. And of what crawls in the dark…

 

“I’ll have someone come by tomorrow then, otherwise it’ll be me.”

 

After a few more words we part. I step out into the street. I look up and down the road.

 

OOC: Arero open for interaction in Onu-Koro, and also kinda’ hungry


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I guess it's okay to post again since no one else has?

 

IC: Arero (Onu-Koro)

 

A quick stop into a bookstore later, I head home. My toes are sore from the constant crunching of sharp rocks and pebbles beneath instead of the soft, warm sands of Po-Wahi. My front door proves vexing as always. Instead, I settle for climbing through the kitchen window. Looking back on it, I must have forgotten to close it after listening to the conversation between a toa and some ussalry early this morning while I read. I call eavesdropping my form of morning radio.

 

“Anything exciting today?” My neighbor asks when he comes by to drop off dinner and set the table a few hours later. He apologizes for needing to leave quickly. Something important came up in their family, and he’s shy with details.

 

“Nothing particularly exciting, but I ordered a sign finally,” I reply, and see him out with a thanks as always for coming by and helping me until I have a suitable assistant. Dinner passes quickly on my own, away from the usual banter of my neighbors for company. I’m lonely without gossip.

 

I read a few pages from the small travel journal a friend gave me before I moved. It lays flat on the table. He thought it might come in handy on the road. My chin rests on my palms, which ache from a day of abuse. The candle burning on the corner of my desk sputters, becoming two flames in my peripheral. At some point, I fall asleep.

 

I wake late to the sounds of industry. Another day began and I forgot to join it on time. I check the mail, fumble at starting the kettle, then give up and cheat a little when no one is looking. After my morning radio, I set off to Ferron’s forge to collect my sign, a bell tinkling when I open the door to his shop.

 

“Morning, Forgemaster. Hope I’m not early, but the door was open. I picked up some scones on my way, if you’d like one.” I raise my arm to let the shopping basket sway for emphasis.

 

OOC: Hey Ferron, Arero’s back!


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

 

"Not at all. Oooh, yes, I'll have one of those, thank you very much" Ferron answered, accepting the offer from Arero. He placed the pastry aside on an impromptu plate of metal he'd conjured up himself.

 

"Just saving for later, can't eat when I'm in the middle of working" he said as he turned away from Arero, towards a corner at the back of the forge. Soon enough, he emerged holding the Matoran's order. The sign was just as Arero had instructed, with a fine border around the edge, almost like a picture frame. It was spot-free, as if it had been recently polished to a mirror shine.

 

"Here we are. I think this is close to what you were looking for, no?"

  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arero (Ferron's Forge, Onu-Koro)

 

"Yes, it's perfect," I say while setting down my shopping basket on the counter. I look over the sign while he holds it up. It has nice clean lines, a polished surface; my house will finally fit in with the neighborhood. "If you could pack it in the basket that'd be amazing. I feel I'm finally one of the locals.

 

What do I owe you?"


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

 

"Oh, about five-or-six hundred" Ferron answered "That's just above At Cost, so that suits me."

 

The Smith put the Sign into the basket as requested, and handed it over to Arero.

  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

 

Ferron-Nuparu-Mar-Zelvin-Tamachan-Wiremu-Farzan-Trava-Mako

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Hey, I'm so sorry I've been away from the game for so long! I had a career transition and was learning the ropes.

 

IC: Arero (Ferron's Forge, Onu-Koro)

 

 

I pay Ferron the higher number instead of haggling like I would in Po-Koro. It would be a shame to make the forge master feel belittled in his craft, and an extra hundred widgets to retain his pride was a small cost.

 

"I appreciate your neighborliness on the price, Ferron. It's been a tough couple weeks getting settled. I've still been looking for an assistant, with no luck. You wouldn't happen to know someone reliable, would you?"


Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...