BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Naona

Long ago, the village of air was a home to Naona. It was here, amongst the trees and birds, that she took her first steps on the path of a guard. Po-koro was where her heart lied, but even so, it had been Le that made her what she was now. It seemed so long ago that she once stood at the gates of the village, a mere rookie sent by her home to learn the ways of the Gukko Force. So much had changed since then, and Naona was still quite unsure about what to make of it.

After all, there were many memories associated with Le, both the good and the bad. To see such change was uncomfortable to her.

She would to try and adapt, like always. Her worries had mostly been laid to rest, and there was little from her past that could affect her.

Yet as she descended the elevator by Dehkaz' side, she wondered if she truly could avoid her past.

IC Hile

(Le-Koro):

Whatever thoughts Hile had had about Juurok being a harmless victim of the mean Jakura were gone in an instant as the strange Matoran bolted off with a Kanohi mask.

Why was he displaying that mask if it wasn't meant to be sold? Hile thought it wonder as he leapt after the Matoran and tried to follow him in the woods. Although he wasn't that great of a wind-sprinter, Hile knew how to use his Volo Lutu launcher well and was able to move quite fast.

OOC: Up to you if Hile can keep up with Juurok or not. Hile is on the middle ground where it comes to speed and agility, so I'll just let you decide how fast Juurok is in comparison.

OOC: Oh, don't worry, Juurok is NOT fast :P. You can have Hile catch him

IC: Jakura

Jakura groaned in pain as blood seeped from mouth. He shakily raised himself from the ground and wiped his face off with a leaf from his satchel.

As he made his way across the platform to retrieve his Kanohi, he remembered seeing through blurry vision Hile, racing after Jurrok. He knew he may need help.

Reattaching his mask, Jakura drew his warspear and charged after him.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC:

"Oh, yes, Cysero, I'm sure they'll be fine," Naria said, smiling indulgently at the Le-Matoran and resisting a small urge to laugh. "Hahli's learned some self control since I took the job, and she generally just keeps Eutuchia distracted and away from windows, now." When Cysero looked over at her with a slightly confused expression on his face, Naria finally did laugh and then started to explain:

"You see, I wasn't there to protect Hahli. I was there to protect whoever was stupid enough to attack Hahli from Hahli. Well, and Eutuchia. I had to protect him too."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

"Cysero, that's just mean," Naria said, disapprovingly. Cysero seemed taken aback, and mumbled an apology, saying something about not knowing that Naria was that irreligious. It was then that Naria's eyes widened, and she shook her head. 

"No, Cys, Eutuchia is a person. That's his name."

"Oh."

"It's alright, Cys - you'll learn these things some day."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Dehkaz

Speckled sun light from the canopy raced past the windows in the open air lift as the two of them descended from the Koro of Air at a speed that almost caused his innards to pile atop one another.  Not that he didn't trust Le-Koroan construction techniques, it was just that he was glad that he'd be able to catch Naona and himself should it come to that.

Not that it would.

Just an elevator made of leaves, after all.

Of course, these thoughts only flashed through small, wandering part of his consciousness that he let free for the time being.  He didn't normally let his thoughts stray in the quiet moments such as these, if only to prevent the possibility of them falling down a path he didn't want to revisit.  But here it was fine, he was with a friend, colleague.  Dehkaz drew in a slow breath, gathering up the day's worries within it, before letting them out in a quiet exhalation. Feeling a fair bit more relaxed, Dehkaz let his violet gaze drop to the side onto the lithe Toa of Stone standing beside him.

Something flickered across Naona's face for an instant, no, a ghost of something flickered beneath her calm expression.  It was barely a movement, but Dehkaz had known her long enough to read her mood, and he realized after a moment that she was in a place that he had been attempting to avoid just moments before.

"It'll be nice to get back to Po-Koro, see what everyone's gotten into while we were gone," He said to her, in an attempt to throw Naona a lifeline to pull her from whatever past demons she was dealing with.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Naona

Naona glanced towards her friend, her melancholic musings pushed aside by the interruption. She had never been skilled at reading the expressions of others, but even she knew that there was a hint of concern present on Dehkaz' face. Were her thoughts so easy to see? Hopefully not. In any case, she quite welcomed the attempts at conversation. The past was something that still weighed heavily upon her, but she would not let it continue to affect her so greatly in the present. There was absolutely no point in allowing it to dictate her entire life.

"I agree," she stated, latching onto the Magnetism Toa's words. It was refreshing, being able to simply talk to her friends without any real worries at all. "I hope Hari hasn't been idle in her training."

Hari. In hindsight, she should not have left her protege alone in Le-koro. It had been a mistake to run off without any real warning. Dehkaz may have requested her assistance, but the Toa of Stone had an obligation to mentor the younger guard. It was remiss of her to so easily discard her duties. Hopefully the girl was fine. Naona didn't want to fail Hari. She wouldn't. Couldn't.

"What will you be doing there?" Naona asked.

IC: Dehkaz

Dehkaz shrugged, the movement causing dappled sunlight to race across his body at an even maddeningly faster pace than before for an instant.  His mouth formed into a slight grimace as he thought about the question for a moment.

"Honestly, I have no idea," He admitted after a moment, the thought of not actually having anything pressing to attend to felt rather strange, he had gotten so used to rushing from one assignment to the next, being kept on his toes because he never knew when he might be needed.  The fact that he really did have nothing lined up after this was surprising to him.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

His skill with the Volo Lutu proved useful, as Hile launched another sphere at Juurok, catching him and pulling him back into his grip. Struggling to hold the scrambling Matoran, Hile said "What is it with the mask that makes you bolt out to the woods like a headless Husi? Why are you doing this?"

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC:

It was as if a cloud had passed over Dorian Shaddix's face and then flitted away; the shade lifted and his eyes twinkled like awestruck stars. This was his show, this team his orchestra, these crucial moments his one and true chance. I can control what I am.

-Tyler

IC (Cael)

The Toa of water stood next to Skyra and watched, her stomach twisting uneasily. This ritual was beyond her knowledge, but was there another way? Each of them in this little group had walked far beyond what most thought possible; this was just another step. Her face showed nothing, but she was ready for the worst to happen.

-IC:-

Certainly,” his words dull and eyes momentarily impassive, Kaihoro's lips flickered into his sickeningly baleful smile, before settling into disconcerting impassivity. Conversation finished, eyes lightly observing the others, he began to stride, movements contrived and thoughts machinated.

The ship buoyed with an elegance befitting its design, not occupying water but resting upon it with dignity. It was not meretricious, but inherently graceful, composed of angles and curvature dissimilar to its crude neighbor. Sails rippling in the soft zephyrs of noon, it swayed in an unfittingly innocent and beautiful manner.

From the docks, silent and brooding, Kaihoro observed the loading of his personal possessions into the hold, his gaze vehement and igneous. The general rations and supplies for the other Daedra had been loaded with average care and great speed, piled unceremoniously when possible and organised utilitarianly when necessary. In contrast, in the special division of the hold reserved for the commissariat of Kaihoro, protected by a locked door, was a languish collection of delicacies, including wine suitable for the finest connoisseur.

It was blatant that the ship was Kaihoro's possession in more ways than that, however; numerous areas required his carefully guarded keys to access, and three Matoran servants, apparently mute, were tasked with simultaneously tending to their master and guiding the ship's travels, and unable to fulfill the requests of any save Kaihoro and Tur. Though he was too wise to attempt a subjugation of his fellow Daedra, Mutungakore had no qualms about creating an advantageous environment, where his power was paramount.

Satisfied with the placement of the provisions, Kaihoro dismissed the workers, paying them the requested premium fees with his usual reserve. Movements slow and cautious, he began to inspect the ship a final time, deliberate in motion and calculated in thought.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

The sound of the wood creaking signalled Vyartha's arrival onto the ship. Her eyes flicked over the sails, the rigging, the piles of munitions, the three servants labouring in the noonday sun. Their own gazes seemed to waver at the sight of the Toa adjusting her scabbard, but she had since switched her attention over to the procurer of the vessel.

"Nice ship, Gluttony."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

Hile understood well why Jakura would need to warn him about Juurok's potential abilities. After all, Hile himself had witnessed Matoran owning special, sometimes even bizarre properties. Normally Matoran possessed no powers, but anything was possible on this island.

Hile kept pinning Juurok down. "You might want to give me a hand here!" he said to Jakura.

Jakura's mask lit up, and a moment later he was beside Hile, helping him contain Juurok. He reached into his satchel and pulled out a bundle of vine-rope, which he used to bind Juurok's hands behind his back.

"Now," he said, when he finished the job, "why did you shoot me?"

• Upvote 1

-IC:-

"Experience would suggest so," the words were insipid and intentionally meaningless, the result of mercurial Kaihoro's subsidence into phlegm. "The vessel's journeys are myriad, and its design is nonpareil. I believe this is the shipwright's final work."

Edited by Kilgore Trout

pNNgXax.jpg

"Yeah, what he said."

IC: Juurok

Juurok gulped. He couldn't - he wouldn't - give up his secrets. It could endanger the mission.

Instead, he replied, "Okay, fine, you got me - I found the mask on public property and stole it. I thought I could make a good profit off of it."

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

Hile was many things, but naive he was not. Even though Juurok's lie could well have been true, his recent actions testified against it. Besides, the pressure of lying was clearly visible in his eyes. Hile was not fooled.

"So you're telling us that you found a random mask, attempted to sell it, refused to sell it to this Toa, and then ran away in panic when he wanted to inspect it? Doesn't sound like a very solid story to me."

IC:

"Impressive credentials," Vyartha replied, crossing her arms and nodding curtly, her eyes flicking over to the most recently-arrived Daedra. She had almost raised an eyebrow when she heard Greed share her sentiment, but the surprise gave way in hindsight; as it turned out, their leader was one of the few members of the team, along with Sloth and Gluttony(?) that she could tolerate.

"So, Greed," she continued, her gaze returning to the servants, "what is our first destination?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Hile

(Le-Wahi):

Hile was many things, but naive he was not. Even though Juurok's lie could well have been true, his recent actions testified against it. Besides, the pressure of lying was clearly visible in his eyes. Hile was not fooled.

"So you're telling us that you found a random mask, attempted to sell it, refused to sell it to this Toa, and then ran away in panic when he wanted to inspect it? Doesn't sound like a very solid story to me."

IC: Juurok

Juurok cast his gaze downward. "Well, he looked a lot like the guy I stole it from..."

Jakura growled. "Liar..."

IC: Arjun, Bright Star-Inn

Arjun took his head in his hands, and slammed it into the table. This is the second time something like this has happened to him. The old adage returned to his head: if you don't know the answer, don't ask the question. Even if it was something personal, Arjun never would have figured a deceased Toa team was involved. He was eager to apologize to Jakura, but he was gone before Arjun could muster anything resembling a reply. And there was definitely no point in searching- Jakura seemed like the kind of Toa who could disappear when he didn't want to be found. In fact, if his throwing money at the waiter was any indication, it was probably better that Arjun forget the conversation happened in the first place.

Whatever, Arjun thought. As ashamed as I am I'm not going to sit here and mope. It's been a long time since I've been to Ga-Koro and I'd love a chance to walk the beaches before having to get back to business.

He walked out the door after tipping the waiter and headed toward the elevator. A voice in the back of his head told him he was shunning his responsibilities. But, then again, when haven't I?

OOC: Overdue post is overdue...

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

IC: Arjun, Bright Star-Inn

Arjun took his head in his hands, and slammed it into the table. This is the second time something like this has happened to him. The old adage returned to his head: if you don't know the answer, don't ask the question. Even if it was something personal, Arjun never would have figured a deceased Toa team was involved. He was eager to apologize to Jakura, but he was gone before Arjun could muster anything resembling a reply. And there was definitely no point in searching- Jakura seemed like the kind of Toa who could disappear when he didn't want to be found. In fact, if his throwing money at the waiter was any indication, it was probably better that Arjun forget the conversation happened in the first place.

Whatever, Arjun thought. As ashamed as I am I'm not going to sit here and mope. It's been a long time since I've been to Ga-Koro and I'd love a chance to walk the beaches before having to get back to business.

He walked out the door after tipping the waiter and headed toward the elevator. A voice in the back of his head told him he was shunning his responsibilities. But, then again, when haven't I?

OOC: Overdue post is overdue...

OOC: