Bzprpg - Kini-Nui

Friar Tuck

IC: "Yeah, it's pretty easy to tell. I'm not gonna chase after him though...if he needs to think for a bit, he needs to think. Besides I get the feeling he'd pull his sword out, and I don't know where he teleported to anyways. Thank you though, it's good to talk to someone. I get the feeling, that if would have said those things anyway. I just couldn't hold it back. He probably would have said what he felt anyways." He sighed and then laughed a bit. "He's not going to let anyone near him, Valria seemed to be the only one that got him out of his previous shell, if she's not around well, it seems like he's going to live the rest of his life that way. I think we both...we just want closure, so we can close that chapter in our lives."

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

"And what particular closure would that be?" Nala asked poking at his Kanohi absentmindedly.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

IC: "Telric dead...and whether Selaria and Valria survived or...and I loathe to suggest it...are dead? Though everyman I interrogated and then killed never revealed whether their mercenary Captain or Telric himself was hiding. It was frustrating to say the least...I'm beginning to think we'll never find him. How unfair would it be to find out he was already dead, someone else killing him..."OOC: Just to let you know Kalama you've been missing the IC in quite a few of your posts, you too Shadow Guardian.

OOC: I don't do it unless I have an OOC to post. Ruins the story look for me.IC: "Well that sounds terrible dear." Nala said. "But if he was already dead then what would it matter for you? Whoever this Telric was would have gotten what he deserved and you wouldn't have to worry. Or is this more you need to watch the light drain from his eyes personally? Know that he has paid for his crimes?"

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Nala gave him a flat look. "Careful Alrin..." she said in a warning tone. "Being the one to personally extinguish the life of another is one thing. Letting emotions in like that is... dangerous. While I do not feel remorse for taking another's life, I take no solace in such things as 'seeing the fear in their eyes fade'. It's that very line that borders on 'Monster'. You and I both agree that's not a path we should take. It's one I do not walk and one you want to stop walking down. It's the same Path the Makuta has already walked down."Nala started tracing line down the side of Alrin's mask. "It's a pity others don't want to understand just how dark the shadows really are. They cling to ignorance just hoping it will all go away. It won't Alrin but I don't need to tell you that. You're just starting to understand our plight and your own. Makuta will strike again soon. He never waits too long. He needs to keep the fear in the populace and he can't do that by letting us get too comfortable. We're already used to the cycles that come and go. At this point we've just about had enough. The breaking point is coming soon Alrin, his power will be fading. Nothing lasts forever."She tapped his mask twice. "Nether will this grief. It will pass one way or another and leave you feeling directionless. Which way you choose will depend on your perspective. As you get older you learn as I have, the best things in life, find you."

IC: "The problem therein lies, don't you think to truly vanquish the monsters, you have to get to their level in way. I haven't hurt any innocents...it's like this other side took a part of me then. It's just...I don't feel sympathy, I wanted them to hurt, the way they hurt others. Then I would kill them...but I just can't do that anymore. I feel like I'm fighting myself, more than I am fighting them. I'm not going to do that anymore...I can't." Alrin sighed. "Yeah...I guess that is destiny then...thank you Nala. Shame we didn't get to talk more earlier, guess we're catching up now."OOC: I'm considering retconning Scurra out of it entirely. He was a villain from a bygone era.

"Not at." She winked at him. "I did zip away rather suddenly didn't I? Ah well, as such is life. So what is this sob story that has you fighting personal demons and the like?"

Kuyre dropped from the tree, landing on his feet. "Just to confirm, I came back to find Valria, not commit the killing you did. All I wanted was to find my friends. When I killed, I did it swiftly and as painlessly as possible. I don't enjoy watching heart lights dim."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: "I used to be on a team, it had actually gotten quite large in size. We were recruiting any Toa would stand against Makuta. We fancied ourselves a rescue party to find the Toa Mata, it didn't work out to say the least. We were tortured, I got this carved into my chest and those of us left alive, walked away so much worse for the wear." Alrin sighed. He turned to Kuyre...perhaps it was the way Kuyre seemed to be toning his responses but it caused Alrin to tense up slightly."You're still a killer. We've both done awful things...perhaps I worse then you. That's not the point...the point isn't being right or wrong. There's no one left alive besides us...and I hate to admit it...but Valria and Selaria might very well not be alive anymore. You're still a killer, so don't try to act like you're taking the moral highground. We're both awful people. I'm willing to change...I don't know about you."

"You assume I'm acting. I kill so that they no longer harm others. I don't hunt them down to watch them die painfully. I'm not taking the moral high ground, just because you decide to coast at the bottom."He was getting very tired of Alrin's assumptions.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:"Stop patronizing me, I did the same, those people did things to people horrible things. You say you're a better person and you constantly have to tell people that, like you're telling yourself a lie. Stop! I can say I'm sorry but that's not enough for you. No...you need to goad me, you need to spit in my face, cause it makes you feel better. Fine, but at least respect that people try to change for the better. I'm sorry that I snapped...but one of my first thoughts when I had to drag myself across Kini-Nui, bleeding out was that you abandoned us...people do that when they are broken so completely. It was wrong to believe that...but I shattered...you didn't so congratulations there...so go ahead rub it in my face like you are now. I don't care anymore." Alrin snapped. "I'm sorry."OOC: So are we trying to push them into a fight?

"ENOUGH!" Nala snapped with such a ferocity both Toa jumped.She fixed them both with a predatory glare and a snarl to match that of a Muaka."We've already made enough forward progress. Let's not go backwards! For now there will be no apologizes but you two need to quit with the accusations! You succeed as a team and yes, YOU FAILED AS A TEAM." She let these words echo before continuing."In order for you to get past this, you will need to learn to recover AS. A. TEAM. Everybody is at fault, everybody shares the same blame. This means you need to accept the fault you recognize as yours and not stack more blame on anyone else. If you two need to fight to get this stacked up Maha Dung off your chests to make yourselves feel better then quit snarling like two chained hounds and tear each others' throats out already!" Nala removed herself from around Alrin's shoulders and dropped off the Toa landing on the dirt."And you call yourselves teammates. Pathetic. I've met Sanctum Guard more friendly to Marines then you two are to each other and that's saying something! If you really want to move past this then no. No more IF's AND's or BUT's. If you want to move on then you need to accept what has happened and face forward. One cannot see what is coming if one is continually facing backwards dwelling on what she has seen. Trust me, what's coming is far more interesting than what lies behind."

OOC: I guess. It really depends on how much they assume of each other.IC: Kuyre chuckled slowly, but it wasn't in mocking. It was in sadness. he figured if you could cry when you're happy, it worked both ways."Do you refuse to hear me out? I'm better than no one. A few seconds ago I figured I wanted to die. I'm not rubbing anything in your face, I'm not 'lying to myself." Alrin, don't cheat yourself because you gave into rightful vengeance. Don't sell yourself short. You are a good man, and thats the first of our differences. No death, no wannabe kid from a blacksmith's shop can begin to change that. Look at me. I was weak. I was defeated. I came back, still weak. You say I think I'm the best. Alrin..."He shared a smile full of remorse and regret."...I say I'm the worst."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: "Well if you say I'm good man inherently...I guess I can believe that. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for, unlike me, you held onto some semblance of control, I only held onto life because I became a being to wage horrors on those who would do others harm, but in the end it was always about that final flicker...and I an ashamed it was. You held on to reason...I didn't. You're stronger than me in that sense, you were still able to keep it all together." He sighed. Then chuckled."Why do you think after about three days she started hanging out with you more than me? Valria was drawn to you in a way, like you were drawn to her. I loved her...but she was meant for you...I apologize this was hardly a reunion. So we should stop blaming ourselves...like Nala here told us...we need to move past this. I don't think finding Telric would give me satisfaction anymore.

Nala looked between the two expecting something more to be said.When nothing else came she shrugged."So you two aren't going to fight then? Preferable though I wouldn't have minded watching."

IC:On this day, Heuani was bored. He was in a dark chamber - while normal beings would have been blinded by such deep pitch, Heuani was not, for he was a Toa of Shadow. Heuani preferred, for obvious reasons, the darkness to the light - he felt more at home, more powerful, in the darker places of the island. This place, far below the surface, was such a place. Unlike the tunnels and caves of the Onu-Matoran, this place was not carved out by the hands of beings. Perhaps it had been a long-dry river, or a pocket of lava. Heuani didn't care.He was lying down, hands behind his head, as a lithe Toa of Water stroked his head and chest. She could not see in this darkness, but she didn't mind; Heuani was one with the darkness, and Heuani was magnetic to her. This Toa had fawned on him, held him, and kissed him for the past few days. Heuani had chosen her because she was beautiful: doe-eyed, smooth, excellently proportioned. It was sometimes nice to be adored by beings that were as beautiful as he was. Heuani had never learned her name, nor did he care to. "Heuani," she breathed in his ear, "You are... magnificent.""I know," he replied lazily. Heuani didn't find the Toa of Water's advances to be all that exciting, considering he was so used to such attentions. Harvesting the attentions of other Toa was by now more a habit than a genuine pleasure for Heuani. He could, after all, take any Toa he liked from the surface whenever he wanted. All it took was a brief trip to the world above, appearing from a shadow, a few minutes of conversation, and then they were his. Males, females, it didn't make much difference to Heuani, as he found both amusing in their ways. Heuani would take a new hostage whenever he got bored with the previous one. He took beauties and intellectuals and loons, and all would provide a new kind of entertainment to him. This Toa he had picked for her kisses, her shape... but her unbelievably uncreative compliments were starting to be repetitive.Heuani thought briefly of his Master. His Master accepted Heuani's habit easily - Heuani knew that his Master did not care what he did on time off. But fail the Master on a mission... "Get off me," Heuani said to the Toa, remembering his duties. "What is it?" The Toa of Water asked, disentangling herself."I have to go do important things," Heuani said easily."Aren't I important?" she pouted."Of course," Heuani replied smoothly, "You are... magnificent." Of course, she didn't understand the irony of his words.The Toa of Water sighed contentedly. "Be back soon, then," she said, twirling her finger around his shoulder as he himself stood."Don't worry about that," Heuani said, deftly snatching her finger, and pulling her close to him. He kissed her lips. And used his mask power. Heuani bore a Kanohi Felnas, the mask of disruption. He could disrupt the powers of others with only a touch. Through the contact of their lips, Heuani corrupted his plaything's ability to control her element. Shocked and panicked, the Toa of Water sputtered and gargled as Heuani coaxed her own element to drown her. She thrashed and tried to strike him, but Heuani was stronger, and held her in place as her lungs filled with her own water.The Toa went limp in her killer's arms. Heuani lowered her to the floor. "You bored me," he said to the corpse with a shrug and a grin. "Next time, I'll pick somebody who has a vocabulary."...Heuani arrived in the chamber of his Master a few minutes later. Heuani's Master was a being darker than even the Toa of Shadow, and he wreathed himself in a darkness too deep for even Heuani's ability to penetrate. The Rahkshi to either side of the doorway stood down as Heuani arrived. As soon as he entered the massive cavern, though, Heuani could tell that his Master was furious beyond all reason. This knowledge made Heuani's innards feel like ice water. He'd watched his Master tear apart the castle of Jianheim with no more than a flick of irritated thought. Heuani felt immensely nauseous."Master," he stuttered, "I know I'm late, but-""Six are gone from the vault," Makuta hissed.Heuani had expected a reprimand, or even torture. He had not expected this piece of news."...What?" the Toa asked, flabbergasted. "What do you mean?""Six have been... stolen.""That's impossible! Who could have stolen-""YOU HEARD ME!" Makuta roared, shaking Heuani's bones. "SIX ARE GONE.""Master, I-""Quiet," Makuta hissed, changing sharply from bellow to serpentine whisper. "Before I feel inclined to force silence upon you." Heuani said nothing. "Six! And they were under deepest lock. The special ones. Six of the most valuable have been taken from me, and I want to know how.""Master," Heuani croaked fearfully. "It is beyond my understanding how this may have happened... The guards reported no attempted entries yesterday... Everything was in its place the night before-""You lie to me, Heuani," Makuta said darkly. "I cannot be lied to. I know you were too fixated on your... chew toy, to have done your duty and checked the vault last night. You have failed me, Heuani."Heuani knew he was going to die. He had to. The Toa of Shadow, so poised in the presence of those he felt superior to, collapsed entirely before the specter of death. Makuta's rage always ended in death. Heuani's knees failed; he fell to the floor and began to sob. He could feel tendrils of dark iciness whip around him. But suddenly, the inky and oppressive presence withdrew. "Get up, my little succubus," Makuta spat. "Your childish whimpering will earn you no pity.""Yes, Master," Heuani said, wiping his nose and eyes. "Now," Makuta went on, his voice adopting its normal tone once again, "Retrieve the six that have so cleanly disappeared. If they fall into the hands of our enemies, you will suffer greatly. Send out Rahkshi to search.""Of course, Master," Heuani answered with a bow. "I will aid them personally.""No," Makuta replied contemplatively. "No, not yet, I think. You are too valuable, too singular, to waste on such a scouting mission. I will have a better use of you later. For now, do what you please, but understand that I hold you accountable for the success of this mission.""I understand," Heuani replied. Much shaken, he left the chamber. ...

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

Nala looked upward in the direction of the temple itself the region was dedicated to."It appears I have served my purpose here." She said cryptically before looking back to Alrin and Kuyre grinning."I do thank you boys. You have made this a most entertaining distraction. Perhaps Makuta will not be so slothful in the future. Interesting things are about to happen." She winked at Alrin."May we meet again."PWHOOMP!She vanished in a thin wisp of black smoke.

IC - Kuyre - TalkingKuyre nodded."So. We're good now." he stated. He offered his hand.He nodded as Nala dissapeared."I wish the best to you." he said to his dissapating friend.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: "Yeah, we're good." Alrin said as he got up off from the ground. He shook Kuyre's hand. "Well, what do you think we should do? Maybe we could head to Ga-Koro. I heard that some musician was passing that way. Or we can start looking for trouble...well reasonably, this time." He chuckled."Goodbye Nala, till the next time we meet." He yelled after her.

OOC: Agni and company from Ga-Wahi.IC:The Toa of fire weakly brushed aside a branch hanging at eye-level as he made his way through the brush near the center of the Island.The trek had taken several hours now and though they hadn't traveled at that fast a pace, Agni could feel the distance they had covered in his bones. That and the sweltry air around them had taken its toll. The rain had stopped several hours ago and despite the fact that it weakened him, Agni almost wanted it back to replace the humidity now.A moment later, the group of five stepped out into a small clearing. "Well...here we are. Not many dare to travel this far into the area and the temple isn't far." The Toa of fire looked at Valria then. He was both curious and worried about how she would react.OOC: As long as I've played the RPG, I've never had a character go to Kini Nui ^^

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Utario - Somewhere in Kini-Nui - ... I dunno:The vortixx walked slowly through the area he was in, he didn't know who was here, or what, nor did he know what to expect in this area of Mata-Nui. Although his work took him to many places across the island, he had rarely gone here, and had not yet familiarized himself with the location or its wildlife and commoners. All he could do was stick to his knowledge of stealth, and hope that his luck prevailed and he was able to move through without attracting any attention or getting in any fights. Not like he couldn't handle himself, though, he was fully able to defeat most anyone on the island at any time, so he was less worried about getting in a fight than he was being seen, and worse yet, recognized by someone. The last thing he needed was someone reporting his most recent location to the nearest guard, who would then inform his village, and then the village nearest him, and not a day later, the entire island would know of his whereabouts. For an assassin, that would not be a good thing, as he had a bounty on his head worth more than most people made in a year, and obviously, he would be hunted. He had managed to stay hidden thus far, and he would not be caught today. OOC: Would someone kindly spot this man and break his self confidence? He surely deserves it. -Utario

OOC: I'll do you one better Skarloth.IC: "My, My, what do we have here?" A female voice purred from just over the lost Vortixx's shoulder. "A lost little Maha without his flock or herder to protect him?"

OOC: I don't think I've ever RPed here either.

IC(Mef)

Mef smiled as they entered Kini-Nui. Finally, Valria would get her memories back and she'd be healed of whatever is wrong with her. Suddenly, ideas began to rush through his head; one in particular that he had to say out loud."Valria, I wonder if you'll remember a past...friend of yours," he says, not wanting to say lover.-Mef Man

OOC: I'll do you one better Skarloth.IC: "My, My, what do we have here?" A female voice purred from just over the lost Vortixx's shoulder. "A lost little Maha without his flock or herder to protect him?"

IC Utario - Kini-Nui - Talking to....?:Utario didn't react in any violent way, instead, he turned to face the person who spoke to him, "I've no business with you, begone, before I force you you to leave," he said, standing there, his face hidden behind his hood as he stared from underneath it at the being in front of him.-Utario

"Oh? Big words considering your predicament." The yellow eyes glinted from behind the Kanohi. "As it stands I have business with you."A light touch brushed over his neck almost tenderly but with the same authority as a predator that had caught it's prey."And Vortixx are all about business are they not? In that case you would be a fool to ignore your nature because it's the only reason you still yet live."

IC - Kuyre - Talking"Maybe we should... Bring back our duo. It was short lived you know. We made fantastic battle partners prior to the unfortunate events that took place soon after." he said. His hand was on his small sword, which he flung at a tree. The wind carried it along, before it stuck in a tree."Or we could do target practice. I always was able to find the right angle. Curtesy of power over the air, of course." he joked.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: (Valria)The female Toa of Gravity's dark green eyes scanned her surroundings. Kini-Nui had this majestic yet foreboding beauty about it. He group stood in a small grassy clearing, nearby some trees. This foreboding feeling was growing. Her heart pounding but she didn't want to turn back. She couldn't, there was far too much important memories related to this place. If she was ever to remember what happened to her. As she scanned over the entirety of the Temple and the outlying area, something caught her eye. It was an area close to the temple. They would have to climb up a bit. A memory flashed through her eyes and her almost happy reaction was painted all across her feminine mask of concealment. The Toa started walking towards it, following her teammates, well the memories of them. She didn't say a word to Mef, Agni or the entire group. Her heart pounding with each footstep she took. She started the climb, making use of some stairs, but having to climb over some hills as well.IC: (Alrin)"Yes, I'm sorry for how bad I treated you. Even when we were fighting back to back," He sighed but then grinned. "Yeah, I would like to bring that back...wait do you see that?" He said to Kuyre. A figure some distance away, not too far, but far enough that they could only notice the the purple armor and skin, and some black highlights. "You don't think that could be..."Alrin started walking, his clear blue eyes narrowed over his Hau. He was skeptical but he felt it was someone he knew as he crossed the bridge that connected the two areas. Was it her? It couldn't possibly be so, she was gone for so long, lost to the world, to Kuyre and to him. His pace picked up, wanting to see who this person was, who was she really?

IC - Kuyre - Talking"Nah, it couldn't be." he backed up against a tree, arms crossed.After all, she was dead. She couldn't possibly be here. Even if he let himself believe she had survived, he would only be dissapointed. Finding Alrin and his long lost love was just too much. It could never happen.Nope. Just a lookalike.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:Agni had stayed back a little. He felt uneasy around the Temple, as he knew the stories all too well. And not just the stories. When the Mata had disappeared, he had been there, with the guard, fighting off the Rahi, all those years ago, to protect both the chronicler and his company, as well as the Mata. At the rear of the group he looked around once more, before following as well. The stairs were pretty large, as if they had been meant for beings that were bigger than Matoran. Even as a Toa, he had to make large steps to ascend them. But he thought that was just an impression thing, an optical detail to further humble whoever came here.If it hadn't been for the job, it would have worked on him. Right now, it was just a nuisance. A moment later, he caught up with Tirokk, Evrya and Mef. He glanced ahead at Valria, who seemed to be so focused, they might as well have not even been there with her. "Stay sharp guys." he said in a low voice. "I think we're not the only ones here."The Toa of fire quickened his pace a bit and was now walking next to Mef behind the Toa of gravity. He held his hand up to his shoulder, flexing the joint. For one, he really felt tense right there. And secondly, it made the way to his blade's hilt shorter.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

IC(Mef)

Mef nods his head as he continues to check and make sure his crossbow was fully functioning. The arrow was loaded and the safety was off. All he had to do now was fire..."You said you've been here before, right, Agni?" he asks the Toa, not fully remembering if the Ta-Toa had said anything about the location.-Mef Man

"Too late for that, you've been jumped." A Ga-Matoran said from where she sat on Agni's shoulders. She grinned. "And what pray tell is this merry band of Toa I see below me?"

IC:Was Agni surprised? Yes. But he did not panic, or jump away. After all, he could simply burn the little figures feet off if she tried something funny. Besides, there was Mef and his crossbow. If this Matoran had any interest in doing them harm, she wasn't doing a good job. In fact, it was rather lousy."You know, being where you are, I can not see what you look like, but from the sound of your voice and that hint of an accent you're from around Naho Bay...I will tell you who we are...if you do the same." The Toa of fire said. He used his mask to port himself forward a step, leaving the Matoran in mid-air. He didn't mean to be rude, he was simply a Toa of the guard and he was on edge.

The Matoran seemed to float in mid air for a fraction of a second before dropping gracefully to her feet to the ground. She tsked. "You really shouldn't point that at things you don't intend to shoot." She said off offhandedly to Mef. "As for who I am. I am what I look like." She said resting one hand on her hip."So I'd point that somewhere more useful then at me because it's not me you have to worry about." She tapped a foot. "It what lies down here you should be aiming for." Turning back to Agni who reappeared she said, "Now that you know what I am perhaps you'd like to tell me what you are."

IC:Agni chuckled. He could play that game too. "Well, we are what we look like as well. We're Toa. And that was quite a bold move. And you are absolutely right, we should definitely worry about what lies below."He took a step forward and bent down slightly. There was something in the Toa's eyes, not unlike the glow of magma in the heart of Mangai."Which is exactly why I do not trust, much less give out information to, someone who has no name."

Edited by Vezok's Friend