Angani

Cambion

anganithumb.png

Flickr - Brickshelf

sort of a Samus-like figure? not sure. definitely one of my favorite builds to date, though.

this was on display at Brickfair VA 2013, and will probably be at every American Lego convention this year, with the exception of Brickfair Alabama.

oh, and her name was constructed in the Matoran language. see if you can figure out its meaning (without looking at my comment on Flickr…)

- Arc

i'm really lazy about taking pictures

Fantastic build overall! And I love how you built the waist and hips.

I will be posting a feMOC in the near future that incorporates similar techniques.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I really love the flow. The pieces of armor are placed seamlessly as if they were meant to be there. In particular, I like the design of his back and the incorporation of the Toa Nuva chest armor in his lower torso. Really though, everywhere looks so smooth. The color scheme also works great, with the little bit of grey blending well into the lime green.

The main thing that I think could be improved is the upper arms, which appear a little flimsy. The left lower arm is also a little strange (Chro says it's a gun?). If it is a sort of cannon, it could use a rounded tip to form a muzzle. The design is good, and flows well, so I don't think you should change it, but a muzzle would make it more identifiable and better looking.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Argh *covers eyes*

So much green.. it burns.. yet it is so pretty. But really this is a nice moc. The total use of green is just magnificent.. I wonder how many broken sockets you ran into?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I love that color but the pieces are so fragile. I couldn't finish one of my earlier MOCs because of how brittle they are.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Pretty neat. Lime and light bley go quite well together- I wish I had more of both.

I like the shaping, though I'm not a huge fan of the gun arm thing.

the gun arm could stand to be improved, yeah.

I really love the flow. The pieces of armor are placed seamlessly as if they were meant to be there. In particular, I like the design of his back and the incorporation of the Toa Nuva chest armor in his lower torso. Really though, everywhere looks so smooth. The color scheme also works great, with the little bit of grey blending well into the lime green.

*her

The main thing that I think could be improved is the upper arms, which appear a little flimsy. The left lower arm is also a little strange (Chro says it's a gun?). If it is a sort of cannon, it could use a rounded tip to form a muzzle. The design is good, and flows well, so I don't think you should change it, but a muzzle would make it more identifiable and better looking.

i'd like to do that, but i'm not really sure how to make it work with the uneven sides of the gun arm. i'll see what i can do before the MOC is sent on the convention circuit.

Argh *covers eyes*

So much green.. it burns.. yet it is so pretty. But really this is a nice moc. The total use of green is just magnificent.. I wonder how many broken sockets you ran into?

there are no lime sockets on this MOC. all the sockets are in light bley.

thank you to everyone who replied~

Edited by Arc

Argh *covers eyes*

there are no lime sockets on this MOC. all the sockets are in light bley.

thank you to everyone who replied~

Ah smart you are. Prevents the unnecessary breaking of pieces. But really that is a good choice and you would never notice you did. Hidden quite well.

Also that weapon on the side now that i think of it as a cannon i kind of imagine this as a Samus armor.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

guys, guys. chill. :b

Ah smart you are. Prevents the unnecessary breaking of pieces. But really that is a good choice and you would never notice you did. Hidden quite well.

i wasn't trying to hide the fact that i wasn't using lime sockets. there's this thing called color layering.

Edited by Arc

Wow. Simply wow.

I really like your technique here, the use of the lime spiked inika feet on the legs parallels the use of the lime nuva armor on the torso and it's a really interesting use of the parts.

Overall very slick and well put together. I like it.

{Z}

That is fantastic. Though that one arm is a bit underwhelming, but the rest is just awesome. I like how you used the shoulder pad shells and the nuva chest armor. And parts of it are samus liike. With an appropriate color scheme and a different build in certain areas I could see it working as that. Maybe the fusion armor? I wish I had the pieces to pull that off...

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

That is fantastic. Though that one arm is a bit underwhelming, but the rest is just awesome. I like how you used the shoulder pad shells and the nuva chest armor. And parts of it are samus liike. With an appropriate color scheme and a different build in certain areas I could see it working as that. Maybe the fusion armor? I wish I had the pieces to pull that off...

yeah, it'd be interesting to try and turn this into an actual Samus MOC. i wonder if that's possible without painting pieces...

yeah, it'd be interesting to try and turn this into an actual Samus MOC. i wonder if that's possible without painting pieces...

One of her suits in Fusion is lime green and a darkish pink... But with the way the colors are laid out I don't know... Oh well, it's nice looking as it is, I wouldn't mess with it too much.

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

One of her suits in Fusion is lime green and a darkish pink... But with the way the colors are laid out I don't know... Oh well, it's nice looking as it is, I wouldn't mess with it too much.

i meant that i would take the design and make a new MOC. i do want to keep this one intact.

it looks like none of her suits would work without painted pieces anyway...

i meant that i would take the design and make a new MOC. i do want to keep this one intact.

it looks like none of her suits would work without painted pieces anyway...

Ah, I see. I'd love to try it, but I doubt I have the pieces to pull it off...

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

I really love how smoothly shaped it is. VERY well shaped. Well proportioned on top of that, which is tough to get right. I love lime, so that's quite a joy to see. Honestly I'd be really scraping the bottom of the barrel to find something I don't like. I'm not sure what I'd critique.

Actually on a different note, it'd be really helpful for viewing ease if you made the images smaller before putting them on Brickshelf. They're currently at a huge resolution and the pictures aren't really high-quality enough for that to be much of a plus, so not having to scroll a bunch to see the pictures would be nice.

signature.png

Edited by Kayru

signature.png

I really love how smoothly shaped it is. VERY well shaped. Well proportioned on top of that, which is tough to get right. I love lime, so that's quite a joy to see. Honestly I'd be really scraping the bottom of the barrel to find something I don't like. I'm not sure what I'd critique.

Actually on a different note, it'd be really helpful for viewing ease if you made the images smaller before putting them on Brickshelf. They're currently at a huge resolution and the pictures aren't really high-quality enough for that to be much of a plus, so not having to scroll a bunch to see the pictures would be nice.

signature.png

thank you!

it is possible to view them zoomed out if you use the deeplink images, but i probably should resize before i upload, both for that reason and to account for people who have slow internet.