• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Plastic Man With LEGO Batman 3 Pre-Order

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,272 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 08:21 PM

Plastic Man Image
To clarify, you can get the character Plastic Man, in a plastic minifig form, when you pre-order your copy of LEGO Batman 3 from Gamestop. Other stores have their own pre-order bonuses, and they all seem to be pretty different, from polybag mini models to minifig key chains. You can see the full list on Gameinformer to help you decide if and where to pre-order the game.

View the full article

#2 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 5,615 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 14 2014 - 10:13 PM

I'm going to go ahead and say this: I'm disappointed in this preorder item. If ever there was a perfect opportunity for Lego to release a Green Lantern figure, this was it. The only one left of the more well known Justice League canon is him. I respect them for giving us a lesser known DC figure, but if that's the case I'd rather buy Swamp Thing or something. Plastic Man is kinda lame to me.

Having said that, I already preordered at GameStop :P

Edited by Swert, Jul 14 2014 - 10:13 PM.

MinewellSig.jpg

#3 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 655 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2014 - 12:01 AM

In mu opinion, I am really don't like these Pre-order item. Keychain is mainly something I don't care about, Minisets do have some good parts but don't mostly don't look interesting to me (except the ones that are in the Star Wars advent calendar).

The only thing I find to be good in this Pre-order item is the Minifigure of Plastic Man but he don't look like something of "I want him" or something like that, it's good that they put in a lesser known character but again not a "I want to get him". In my opinion it would be better if they used Cyborg (that make me have a odd feeling that they would used Cyrus Borg headgear piece) or like what like with Swert, a Green Lantern but I think the Green Lantern would be better was a set instead of a Pre-order item. 

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#4 Online Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,763 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2014 - 01:44 AM

I know for a fact that Green Lantern was a Comic-Con exclusive back in 2011. If I had any of the systems that the game would be on, I'd still have my doubts about the preorder items. I'd probably just get Plastic Man for the sake of having a DC character in my inventory. He doesn't seem to intrigue me that much. Now, if they were offering Deathstroke, then you've really gained my attention. I just wish they offered up a more recognizable (but maybe still lesser known than others) character. As for the rest of the preorder stuff, they don't seem interesting to me. They should have offered more characters so you'd have better options and not reluctantly pick something you don't want to have with your preorder.

Edited by Sykreos the Challenger, Jul 15 2014 - 01:45 AM.

Live while you can while there's air in your lungs. Live your life in the best way you can and die with no regrets. Life is too good to brush off, so live your life and love it.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#5 Offline Jam Pot

Jam Pot
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 442 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2014 - 04:15 AM

I hope GameStop deliver, because there are no stores near me and I really want this fig. Has anyone else read that issue of JL where Circe turns Plastic Man into a pig, but he just stretches himself back to normal form?

Blog|YouTube|Flickr

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations: GreenVampire Owls, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva, Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

#6 Online TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,537 posts

Posted Jul 15 2014 - 07:10 AM

Too bad no one really likes Plastic Man.

#7 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 655 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2014 - 07:20 AM

But the good thing is...   this Plastic Man have PANTS.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#8 Offline Smitty

Smitty
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,422 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2014 - 07:29 AM

I really hope they have some sets next year that are based on this game. I really want that Deep Space Batman and some other interesting and likable CD heroes and villeins.

Plastic Man is a joke, even when he's used in cartoons, they other heroes don't like him and sometimes are down right mean. The really sad pars is the writers make it so the viewers don't like the guy ether so when Bat Man tell Plastic Man that he's a loser, you don't feel bad at all.

"NINJA GO!"

"Yeah Ninja go clean your room..."

#9 Offline RahkshiToa88

RahkshiToa88
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 361 posts

Posted Jul 15 2014 - 12:13 PM

I think the reason why they chose plastic man was because he's going to be a plastic minifigure, so it was like a little joke.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

rahkshitoa.png

Credit to Voxumo for the sprite of my self-moc!

#10 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,792 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2014 - 03:22 PM

Yeah, I think Plastic Man was an AMAZING choice. Firstly, because there's practically no chance such an obscure character would ever appear in a set (unlike Green Lantern, who hasn't appeared yet but almost assuredly will if the theme continues to be successful). Secondly, because of the amazingly meta nature of the character (he's ACTUALLY MADE OF PLASTIC!).

Shame most of the non-GameStop bonuses are so underwhelming... but I suppose that's preferable to having more than one exclusive that you can't get without preordering from two different stores.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#11 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,521 posts

Posted Jul 16 2014 - 02:01 AM

Plastic Man ... is actually a superhero of some kind? My, the ridiculousness of superhero comics never ceases to amaze me.

~B~

sands_banner.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users