• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Elder Scrolls

morrowind oblivion skyrim

• Please log in to reply
1667 replies to this topic

#1601 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,583 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 08 2012 - 03:43 PM

First one I ran into Bethesda was sneaky about. I wasn't a real low level, but I wasn't all that high either. It was in that cave near Whiterun, Shimmermist or something. Anyway, a guard told me he saw Falmer there so i went to investigate. It was almost entirely Falmer-exclusive until the last chamber, as I'm fighter the boss level Falmer, the flipping wall behind it got up and started moving, and I realized what it is, and I kinda freaked lol.Edit: On an unrelated note, did I hit a glitch? I can't get Mephala's quest The Whispering Door to start. Google tells me I have to be at least level 20 and finished the quest Dragon Rising, which I did ages ago, and I'm well past level 20, but Hulda at the Bannered Mare won't give me the rumor to start it. I'd really hate to start over again. D:

Edited by Takatu, Nov 08 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image

#1602 Offline King of the Madness Isles

King of the Madness Isles
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 11:23 AM

@Takatu: I'm trying to recall any potential glitches...have you overthrown Whiterun for the Stormcloaks? If so, check the basement of the Blue Palace in Solitude. Balgruff will be drinking away his sorrows there.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

#1603 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,583 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 11:47 AM

Nope, haven't done the Civil War with this character yet. Still, according to a few websites I can't talk to Balgruuf about his kid until I hear the rumor from Hulda in the Bannered Mare, and she won't give me that rumor. :/

Posted Image

#1604 Offline Chols

Chols
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,726 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 12:07 PM

Lol I just completed the Civil War questLike over 100 hours in.:BI'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the side quests so much more fun.

Posted Image

Latest MOC: Ol' Dusty

#1605 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 12:05 AM

First one I ran into Bethesda was sneaky about. I wasn't a real low level, but I wasn't all that high either. It was in that cave near Whiterun, Shimmermist or something. Anyway, a guard told me he saw Falmer there so i went to investigate. It was almost entirely Falmer-exclusive until the last chamber, as I'm fighter the boss level Falmer, the flipping wall behind it got up and started moving, and I realized what it is, and I kinda freaked lol.

Same here, as a matter of fact. :P It was a Companions quest for me, though, at about Level 14. I figured out a pretty devious way to beat it, though... after dying a number of times, of course. I used a bow from sneak to draw the Spellsword boss close, then closed the huge door. I used Adrenaline Rush to completely open up on him when he came close to open it and kept him from casting any spells or other things. Then I fired at the Centurion and lured him while backing him up. It took about 60 arrows due to my low archery skill and terrible bow, but I still managed to kill him by trapping him where the ceiling was too high.Success.Can't wait to see what Dragonborn is like.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#1606 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,583 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 12:29 AM

I really should have figured out that you could easily trap it where it's too tall to fit, but I guess I just panicked. :PCan't wait to visit Apocrypha, always sounded like a cool realm, and I really can't wait for some Dragonborn on Dragonborn action! I'm gonna mash this guy so bad, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.

Posted Image

#1607 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 12:00 PM

Can't wait to visit Apocrypha, always sounded like a cool realm, and I really can't wait for some Dragonborn on Dragonborn action! I'm gonna mash this guy so bad, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.

Me? I'm gonna turn up the difficulty to Master for that fight for sure. Generally I don't enjoy keeping it at Master continually because it just makes the fights take longer instead of being more exciting or interactive, but for him? I'll make an exception. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#1608 Offline King of the Madness Isles

• Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 05:45 PM

I want the difficulty on Master, because I want it to be the hardest fight ever in the history of video games. Because he is the Dragonborn, and I am the Dragonborn, and I will earn my title!

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

#1609 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,583 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hopefully they'll make it good, the fight with Alduin was a bit anti-climactic. The final battle against Harkon in Dawnguard was better, I hope this former dragon priest Dragonborn behaves like you as the player would, that would make it a good challenge.

Posted Image

#1610 Offline King of the Madness Isles

• Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 09:22 PM

I thought the Harkon boss battle was the most dynamic boss encounter I've seen in Skyrim. Well, maybe Mercer Frey was more dynamic. But I'm hoping for something amazing from Dragonborn, I truly am.

#1611 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 12:11 AM

So, looking around. Find out about the new contest while on another computer. Head to my main one, this one. Look up the name contest for ESO. Start researching some more old Morrowind stuff, pulling up old materials. Get ready to put something together. Then, look at the bottom of the page for the contest. Read carefully. 18 years or older upon time of entering...... I'd like a long talk with the people behind some of these laws.On that note, I'm starting to reconsider ESO a little bit. There's a small chance now that I might get it. Which is vastly improved from no chance at all.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#1612 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,583 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:49 AM

Yeah, not gonna lie, was pretty uninterested in it for a while, I was in the "Elder Scrolls only really works as a single player game" bandwagon. But I watched that video they just released for ESO and now I'm annoyed at myself because it actually looked pretty cool. :P

Posted Image

#1613 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 03:54 PM

One thing Skyrim disappointed me on...why isn't it possible to kill a Bandit Chief or what have you in a very brutal way, throw him from the ramparts, and then track down his associates, pin them against the wall and give them the "I'm the new boss" speech?
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#1614 Offline Alex Turner

Alex Turner
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,599 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 05:51 PM

So, after taking a break from my main character (and Skyrim in general) I came back to him to get to work on my house, since I've finally caved in and bought Hearthfire. For £3.50 I'd say it's actually a lot more worth it than I foresaw. But the main thing is that I've started to encounter Ancient Dragons, and they're kind of challenging, especially since I'm trying to use two-handed weapons and magic more since I've really overused one-handed and hit a levelling wall as a result.

Arctic-Monkeys-Blog-Banner.jpg

But that place on memory lane you liked still looks the same / But something 'bout it's changed

#1615 Offline King of the Madness Isles

• Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 07:21 PM

To keep this topic alive, Dragonborn comes out in two days. Anyone planning on getting it? I'm gonna wait a little while.

#1616 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,583 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 08:07 PM

[color=#ff0000;]They seem awfully tight-lipped about this one for whatever reason, much more so than Dawnguard and Hearthfire. But what's going on with the 360 exclusive period thing? I know they only said it'd be out on the fourth for 360 and didn't mention PC at all, and I've heard that the DLC exclusive stuff is the first two or the first three. Those saying it's only the first two DLCs for Skyrim are saying Hearthfire didn't count because it was small, which I don't get because PC players still had to wait a month longer than 360 to get it.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]I'm just so confused.[/color]

Posted Image

#1617 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2012 - 03:32 PM

[color=#ff0000;]They seem awfully tight-lipped about this one for whatever reason, much more so than Dawnguard and Hearthfire. But what's going on with the 360 exclusive period thing? I know they only said it'd be out on the fourth for 360 and didn't mention PC at all, and I've heard that the DLC exclusive stuff is the first two or the first three. Those saying it's only the first two DLCs for Skyrim are saying Hearthfire didn't count because it was small, which I don't get because PC players still had to wait a month longer than 360 to get it.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]I'm just so confused.[/color]

I'm getting the impression that Dawnguard and Dragonborn are "DLCS", and Hearthfire is a minor "ad-on". Hence, the exclusivity for the first two DLCs. Confusing technicalities.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

#1618 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,583 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2012 - 09:33 PM

[color=#ff0000;]It still should count though, since PC players still had to wait a month to get it after 360. I'm just a little annoyed that they said the exclusive period only applied to the first two add-ons, which happened, then say they get the third one first as well simply because the second was smaller and therefore didn't count, despite having the month-long delay anyway.[/color]

Posted Image

#1619 Offline ~JC~

~JC~
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 28 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 12:55 AM

PS3 blues, what's a crossbow

tu whit, tu whoo

#1620 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 01:04 PM

[color=#ff0000;]It still should count though, since PC players still had to wait a month to get it after 360. I'm just a little annoyed that they said the exclusive period only applied to the first two add-ons, which happened, then say they get the third one first as well simply because the second was smaller and therefore didn't count, despite having the month-long delay anyway.[/color]

Oh, I agree. I may be a 360 player, but I'm not amused that my friends can't play the same DLC. It's terrible.

As for Dragonborn: *Massive Spoiler*

Spoiler

Edited by Rausaro, Dec 06 2012 - 02:26 PM.

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

#1621 Offline King of the Madness Isles

• Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'll probably get Dragonborn sometime after Christmas. Looks awesome.

#1622 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 07:08 PM

Major piece of advice: If you are running a good character, you might 

Spoiler

#1623 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,583 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 12:46 AM

[color=#ff0000;]I can't play good characters, I get bored so fast with them. :P[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]So looking at some videos of it so far (avoiding major spoilers as best I can), the whole thing seem incredibly Lovecraftian. Not that that's a bad thing, just an observation. Although I heard the dragon riding isn't as great as it could've been.[/color]

Posted Image

#1624 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 01:12 AM

[color=#ff0000;]I can't play good characters, I get bored so fast with them. :P[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]So looking at some videos of it so far (avoiding major spoilers as best I can), the whole thing seem incredibly Lovecraftian. Not that that's a bad thing, just an observation. Although I heard the dragon riding isn't as great as it could've been.[/color]

Trust me, it is. The monsters, the environment, the

Spoiler
 and especially
Spoiler

#1625 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,704 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 09:59 AM

So yesterday I was raiding the forsworn camp in Hag's End, trying to find a word wall. There were too many of them to pick off with archery, so I just charged in and killed everyone who attacked before going around taking out one by one those who somehow hadn't heard the fight. The last one I had to take care of was a briarheart, who was asleep in his tent with a plain old forsworn standing guard outside the tent. I snuck up and took out the forsworn with a single arrow.

Somehow, though, this woke the briarheart up. Okay, a bit ridiculous, but whatever. I hid behind a pillar, watched the dot on the compass move back and forth a few times before disappearing. "HIDDEN." Good. I turned around to check on my follower and suddenly was attacked out of nowhere by the briarheart, who killed me before I could even get out of sneak mode.

what is this i dont even

Okay, reload. This time, I had my follower wait in another part of the camp and snuck up by myself. I'd heard that pickpocketing a briarheart's briar heart would instantly kill it, so I figured I'd try that out. I cast muffle and took an invisibility potion, then headed for the briarheart's tent. Before I was within ten steps of it, though, the briarheart somehow heard me - even though he was asleep - and charged out of his tent, running straight for me - even though I was invisible - and killed me again.

So the next time I just charged in, killed the forsworn with a power attack, sprinted into the briarheart's tent, hacked away at him until he got up, used Unrelenting Force, and hacked away at him again until he died.

Whatever works.

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#1626 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,583 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 10 2012 - 02:20 PM

[color=#ff0000;]Hag's End is always a crazy ride, no matter how many times I've gone there.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]So I was looking at a few of the spoilers for Dragonborn (couldn't help myself lol) and there's a reward that I'm a little confused about.

Spoiler
[/color]

Posted Image

#1627 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 10 2012 - 05:53 PM

[color=#ff0000;]Hag's End is always a crazy ride, no matter how many times I've gone there.[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]So I was looking at a few of the spoilers for Dragonborn (couldn't help myself lol) and there's a reward that I'm a little confused about.

Spoiler
[/color]

It's for 

Spoiler

#1628 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,583 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 10 2012 - 06:46 PM

[color=#ff0000;]Ah, fair enough, I guess. Just never had that problem myself, was always careful about what perks I give myself. :P[/color]

[color=#ff0000;]So finally got to fight Legendary Dragons. I can kill them, barely, but they significantly lengthen my play time lol. Maybe I should turn down the difficulty from master a little.[/color]

Edited by Takatu, Dec 11 2012 - 03:39 PM.

Posted Image

#1629 Offline Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 29 2012 - 10:39 AM

I hate to post this in the CoT forum due to the subject of the mod, but it's relevant to the site and the topic. Considering the source and the fact that I'm not part of the project, starting a topic in a more relevant forum wouldn't work. Well, if it's not okay, I suppose a moderator can just delete this post, though if that is indeed the case, I would appreciate being told where I should post it. I recently stumbled upon a modder's project. This person is creating the 2001 Bionicle storyline using Skyrim. There will be six playable races (one for each of the main characters) and seven NPC races: one for each kind of villager and one for the six Turaga. The person has already released the Toa tools as a separate preview mod. Even better, they're accepting assistance. It's a huge project (the landmass alone is 50% larger than Skyrim is), so they need all the help they can get. Just keep in mind the leader of the project is still very new to the English language. If you want to find out more, you're on your own. Considering this site's rules and many of the other things on that site, the moderators would be very upset if I told you where I found it.

#1630 Offline Draven

Draven
  • Members
  • Toa

• 110 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 03 2013 - 02:20 AM

I love mods for skyrim. Makes the game way better than vanilla.

However vanilla just plain sucks now.

EDIT: Some points on why Skyrim is for casuals, or kiddies. In short, it is Dumbed Down.

*** The Casual Gamer ***1) You Can't Fail - Introduction1a) Important People Can't Die1b) NPCs Can't Be Offended 1c) You Can't Fail Quests 1) You Can't Fail - Conclusion 2) Faction Memberships Have No Consequences 3) Choices Have Little Impact on The World 4) Quest and Journal Systems 5) Reduced NPC Conversations 6) Oversimplified Puzzles 7) Reduced Item Values

Edited by Space Marine, Jan 03 2013 - 02:27 AM.

zJzcMhM.jpg

#1631 Offline Pantera

Pantera
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2013 - 10:20 AM

Does anybody else just want to steal items that you just sold because the shop owner gives you less gold than you find it for?

Then he turns around and sells it for nearly triple the price.

Imagine my outrage when I sold my Staff of Zombies in Whiterun...

Edited by Pantera, Jan 06 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

#1632 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,292 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 06 2013 - 03:39 PM

Does anybody else just want to steal items that you just sold because the shop owner gives you less gold than you find it for?

Then he turns around and sells it for nearly triple the price.

I don't think you understand how an economy works.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#1633 Offline Draven

Draven
  • Members
  • Toa

• 110 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2013 - 10:13 PM

Download a mod then.

zJzcMhM.jpg

#1634 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2013 - 10:54 AM

I think I've heard good news for PC and PS3 users... As of Bethesda's blog:

PC: On Tuesday, February 5th, Dragonborn will be available on Steam, including the English, French, Italian, Spanish and German versions of the content.

PlayStation 3: Dragonborn will be the first add-on arriving on PSN in February. Hearthfire will release next, followed by Dawnguard, and all three should be out in February. The 1.8 update will also release, just prior to Dragonborn. We’ll keep you posted as release dates get finalized both on our end and with Sony for each and its various languages. Last but not least, each one will be 50% off during their launch week on PSN.

Sounds pretty good for ya, eh? :P But, seriously, I think your wait has come to a good end at last, PS3 guys.

skyrim_banner.jpg

#1635 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Poison Healed

• 6,878 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2013 - 06:16 PM

Eh, it's a good move on Bethesda's part. As it's blatant truth that everyone who's whining in the comments section of news articles is full of lies and slander and aren't going to hold true to their promise of 'never buying Bethesda DLC again', I'd estimate that most people would try to go for Dragonborn and Dawnguard at once with the PS3 to get the 50% off, and Dragonborn with the PC. That means 20$ from pretty much everyone who doesn't play the X-Box version.

(I'd add Hearthfire with the PS3 one, but I doubt that as many people will purchase it - I know I didn't.)

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#1636 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,292 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 05:43 PM

BRB, picked up Oblivion and all its DLC, so now I can be happy forever.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#1637 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2013 - 06:42 PM

BRB, picked up Oblivion and all its DLC, so now I can be happy forever.

Some of the DLC conflict with each other. Be sure to check up on that on the wiki. 

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#1638 Offline Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,136 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2013 - 03:54 AM

*** The Casual Gamer ***1) You Can't Fail - Introduction1a) Important People Can't Die1b) NPCs Can't Be Offended 1c) You Can't Fail Quests 1) You Can't Fail - Conclusion 2) Faction Memberships Have No Consequences 3) Choices Have Little Impact on The World 4) Quest and Journal Systems 5) Reduced NPC Conversations 6) Oversimplified Puzzles 7) Reduced Item Values

1) Not being able to fail during the opening cutscene is kinda normal for games, y'know. The only difference here is that it is rendered with in-game graphics and gives you some slight control, like what for example Half-Life 2 did. You can still die to the first soldier you fight afterwards.

1a) More convenience than anything. Going to pick up an item off a table, accidentally taking the thing next to it, and then having everyone swarm you and your follower happen to kill a quest character is just annoying. Heck, I once made people mad by accident, by walking into a physics object which then bounced into their head and counted as an attack. I agree that sometimes it's annoying not to be able to, for example, kill Ulfric right then and there if I feel like it, but it's a minor inconvenience compared to accidentally messing a quest up by accident.

1b) NPCs can be offended as all heck by you stealing something. Maybe you can't smack-talk them in dialogue, but they can certainly  get mad at you. Some send assassins after you if you steal, that's pretty offended. :P

1c) Killing a vital character or losing certain items are still a possibility. And also, making relevant people mad at you also fails quests. Most of the time failing a quest means getting killed in the process, however, and so of course you never see "Quest failed - Dragonborn dead".

1) Conclusion? Are you talking about the final quest? If so, you can most definitely get killed, it's just that you're likely to be packing 300 pounds of enchanted gear and potions that make most anything a cakewalk.

2) I agree with this one. Factions were pretty disappointing. There were no real benefits from being Archmage apart from getting a bedchamber, for example, and the quests in the College can even be accomplished by sword-and-shield most of the time. No reason why I should even be the archmage when all I have is the basic Flames spell.

3) True. The second big complaint about this game. However, it does not necessarily make the game "for kiddies", mate. It just means that it's a bit shallow.

4) I have no idea what you mean by this? How is a quest/journal system bad? If you are talking about the markers showing you where to go, you can turn those off.

5) It depends on what you want from the conversations, I suppose. Some places I wished I had more dialogue options; other places I wanted the NPC to shut up already.

6) Agreed on this point. It's tragic that even the traps I trigger will usually not even pose a treath to me because they either miss or deal too little damage to even scratch me.

7) You can still get filthy rich, and I'm not sure how having to work more to get cash makes the game "dumbed down"?

This said, I do agree that Skyrim could have been much, much better, and I have modded it up the wazoo. I got so many mods and "fixes" that I can't imagine playing vanilla again at all.

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated February 2014: Added new attacks for Toa of Iron, Plant Life and Psionics!
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

#1639 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2013 - 05:01 PM

DOVAHKIIN

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what