Bionicle 2015 theme song

Jonathan Crane

I''m just disappointed that they aren't getting a show. I guess Lego thinks Bionicle isn't good enough?

Or that they think with kids being more and more connected they need to try and reach kids through other avenues.

Or perhaps just that none of the networks want another LEGO TV program. Cartoon Network, one of the LEGO Group's strongest partners, already airs the Ninjago and Legends of Chima TV series, the LEGO Star Wars TV specials, and the Mixels interstitial shorts. I don't think they want to make themselves completely dependent on LEGO programming.

I guess it's just something I've always wanted to see and it's disappointing to me that we probably never will. Imagine how much stronger Bionicle's presence could've been back in the day with a tv show backing it up, with thrilling new seasons each year... of course, that wouldn't be possible back then, but it is now, so... >shrugs<

I agree

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

I'd hope they would bring Cryoshell back for some magic. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I'd totally compose some music for Bionicle! :) But that isn't realistic at this point, so I'll go ahead and agree with the opinion that Bionicle should create it's own original, unique music. I'd personally like to hear some orchestral music, but, after the animation LEGO posted, I'm guessing they'll probably go for a more "cheesy" approach to Bionicle rather than the epic-style genre they had going before.

-Rez

Imagine how much stronger Bionicle's presence could've been back in the day with a tv show backing it up, with thrilling new seasons each year... of course, that wouldn't be possible back then,

Why wouldn't it have been? In 2002 Galidor got a TV show (if a rather terrible one), and Pokemon's huge success was partly down to its show, like it or hate it.

Imagine how much stronger Bionicle's presence could've been back in the day with a tv show backing it up, with thrilling new seasons each year... of course, that wouldn't be possible back then,

Why wouldn't it have been? In 2002 Galidor got a TV show (if a rather terrible one), and Pokemon's huge success was partly down to its show, like it or hate it.

Galidor is a great example of why BIONICLE probably COULDN'T have gotten a high-quality TV show back then. The LEGO Group had basically no experience creating TV series for their themes back then, and even if they did have some idea of how a TV show for a LEGO theme might be most effective, they didn't necessarily have the clout or the reputation to exercise a whole lot of influence during the creative process — let alone to negotiate for a really good network and broadcast time.

The BIONICLE movies helped pave the way for things like the LEGO Atlantis TV special and the Hero Factory TV miniseries, which in turn helped pave the way for the LEGO Ninjago TV series. If the LEGO Group had jumped right into a full TV series with BIONICLE like they had with Galidor, it could have been just as much of a disaster. Even if it hadn't been, it might never have been the success that the LEGO Ninjago series managed to be after the LEGO Group had so many more years of storytelling experience.

• Upvote 4

I agree. The last thing Bionicle needs is a ###### TV series on Cartoon Network or something. We don't want another Hero Factory, do we?

No, but the assumption that Hero Factory (which wasn't even a full TV series) is the only kind of TV series the LEGO Group can churn out is complete balderdash. LEGO Ninjago has its own TV series, which is in my opinion incredibly good, has a huge fanbase, and is one of the things that has helped make LEGO Ninjago so wildly successful as a theme.

A TV series for BIONICLE could be a fantastic thing, and could arguably make the theme more successful than it's ever been before. But back in the old days of BIONICLE, it's unlikely that the LEGO Group could have produced a high-quality TV series as easily as they could today. They were not a successful company, they were not very experienced at such matters, and it took a lot of effort on their part just to convince production companies that a BIONICLE movie without humans in it could be successful. Expecting them to turn out something of Ninjago's quality back then ignores the amount the LEGO Group had to change as a company before they could even succeed at that.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 4

Yeah. no thanks. I couldn't sit through five minutes of NInjago before I turned it off.

Maybe it's not for you. That doesn't mean it'd be a bad thing for the BIONICLE theme.

However, I should mention that if you couldn't put up with LEGO Ninjago for more than five minutes, that sounds less like a show problem and more like a viewer problem. If I had given up on the first BIONICLE movie after five minutes, that wouldn't mean the movie wasn't any good, it would mean that I was a picky, judgmental viewer who couldn't even sit through ten minutes of an animated feature before condemning it.

• Upvote 3

C'mon guys, this is the theme we NEED for Bionicle 2015. If it's not here, we'll fail and not even make it to the summer wave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foTorNGHTrw

No. This would cause the gods above to frown upon our putting a superior theme song to an inferior topic, and make Bionicle shrivel up and cease to exist from being exposed to the holiness of this theme.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

C'mon guys, this is the theme we NEED for Bionicle 2015. If it's not here, we'll fail and not even make it to the summer wave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foTorNGHTrw

you repulsive creature. this is almost as bad as a RickRoll

I know, I'm seeking repentance for my sins.

In all seriousness, I liked the variety of styles Cryoshell's themes because of the variety of styles in Bionicle G1's years. At this point we don't know whether there will be stylistic changes as time (which I hope, just not as often as every year like later in Bionicle G1 or Hero Factory). For the current style, I'd like something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8q-sXIIYI8&index=3&list=PLYpbgUVcX1Mj3akmNNfcqJa4egbSQv188

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

I don't understand, why is Galidor so joked about on here? I have most of the sets, and while they're not great, they aren't the worst constraction nor system set that I have.

I don't understand, why is Galidor so joked about on here? I have most of the sets, and while they're not great, they aren't the worst constraction nor system set that I have.

Well, it's not so much that Galidor's bad (okay, it's pretty bad in several respects but it had some good concepts and experimented with things like a TV show that would pay off with later themes like Ninjago). But it's very much the "odd child out" among Lego lines. Aside from the connection points, it'd be hard to tell if the sets were even Lego. And due to its launch near the start of the Bionicle theme and abysmal failure thereafter, it represents a sort of "dark mirror" to Bionicle that represents all the ways Bionicle itself could have gone wrong

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well, it's not so much that Galidor's bad (okay, it's pretty bad in several respects but it had some good concepts and experimented with things like a TV show that would pay off with later themes like Ninjago). But it's very much the "odd child out" among Lego lines. Aside from the connection points, it'd be hard to tell if the sets were even Lego. And due to its launch near the start of the Bionicle theme and abysmal failure thereafter, it represents a sort of "dark mirror" to Bionicle that represents all the ways Bionicle itself could have gone wrong

I agree

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif