Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

OOC: Completely slipped my mind, but a second Brawd-dur was completed yesterday. Think I'll name it the Marchogrhyfel.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCBlah. School, making maps for my RPG, playing GaCivII... it's all crazy time consuming. Not to mention the stories I'm writing/suppose to be writing.IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Kitera]"I trust by latter you mean the civilian transport and tourism of our worlds." The scientist shrugged. "I understand; trust is something that is earned. I'm sure we'll eventually reach a prosperous era soon enough."[General]With the main colonies almost ready to produce colonizer fleets the TAP committee was called together, discussing plains in secret as the clock ticked closer to the glorious future that awaited the Alliance.OOCBlah, can't figure out whether or not I want to call them the TAP or the Alliance. The TAP sounds cool in it's own way, but Alliance is just as quick and slightly more professional.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Kitera]"Ah, that. Well, we simply need your basic biology; nothing in depth, just enough to make sure the habitats are livable and comfortable."

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Err, two things.1. That's vulnerable, Alex. Venerable means old, more or less.2. By not prone to, what's meant is that they aren't prone to the use of bioweapons.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCBlah, I can't read today.Duly noted and apologies ToA.

voidstars.png

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Kitera]"The xenoengineers can do that; otherwise, I can do one thing regarding negotiations. The Interstellar Science Committee on Citamgine has requested through me, with government approval, to create scientific facilities on alien worlds. You would be the first; the purpose of these facilities would be to study the environment, to better understand xeno habitats and locations." Kitera pulled out a pad; she didn't know if these aliens could read thoughts, though if she did it would not mean good things. She had been made aware of certain high level projects, and if this alien knew of them... it would be rather sticky to say the least. "On here is the various specifics on what exactly we'd be doing."

voidstars.png

IC: The Proctor took the pad, figuring the controls out quickly enough.For now, that will have to wait until we are sure your race can be trusted. We have only now encountered you, and we don't know your plans. However, with what you've shown me of your race today, I'd say an alliance could be formed soon enough. Then, such a building could be quite likely.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCSee? One day you're the warmongering villains of the RPG, the next, you're making alliances and having cake. Yay for diplomacy and warmongering lizard people.IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Kitera]"Of course. Is there anything you wish to ask, or our we done here?"OOCTo make up for all these one liners I'mma going have to write a massive post sometime.

voidstars.png

IC: Unless you'd like a more in-depth tour, then I believe we are. The data will be transmitted to you soon enough.OOC: Ground fortifications complete on Ka'andro.Mahalo (2-44) is now self-sustaining.Construction begun on the Kraken II in 2-37, as well as Tsunami Group in 2-35. Completion, 3 days.In addition to foaming metals, all plasma weaponry is being replaced. Missiles with rotary missile launchers, cannons with autocannnons, which are a fusion between Syrrinx and Bivali design.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: As of yesterday, Inosa (1-32) is now Self-Sustaining.Nakare (1-34) is now a Forge World.Coloniser complete over Kalaras, sent to 1-11. New colony was given the original Thernian name for the world, Azernax.The Federal Cultural Preservation Agency was sent offworld for the first time in its history to catalogue and preserve anything that could be found that had belonged to the now-dead Thernian Empire.A new coloniser under construction over Kalaras, to be completed 12-24.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: That reminds me... Seeing as the Diemawr navy seems to be taking the firing squad approach to things, I need a flagship. Construction won't start for a while, of course, but I can present the design right now.Class Name: Gryman-o-BydoeddClass Size: LargeClass Function And Description: The Gryman-o-Bydoedd is designed to function as the offensive core of a Diemawr battle-fleet.The Gryman-o-Bydoedd is designed to function as the offensive core of a Diemawr battle-fleet. With a nuclear missile array forming the core of this monster's firepower, and a Dur-Llaw Duw coilgun and Llygad-o-Dan laser system backing up the missile array, the Gryman-o-Bydoedd is a menace even without other ships backing it up.Class Weapons: Gleddyf-o-Golau missile array, Dur-Llaw Duw coilgun, Llygad-o-Dan laser system, Dant-a-Grafanc point-defense system, Solet heavy armor (3)Name: Gleddyf-o-Golau (Sword of Light)Weapon Size: SuperweaponMechanics: The Gleddyf-o-Golau is a fifty-missile Casaba-Howitzer array. Each missile is equipped with a multi-sensor targeting computer, a small fission rocket for propulsion, and several gaseous-fuel maneuvering jets. The warhead of a Casaba-Howitzer missile is built around a nuclear shaped charge that directs the blast into a narrow cone of energy designed to spear through an enemy ship. The explosive yield of one of these warheads in the Gleddyf-o-Golau system is 1 Megaton, made more effective than a spherical blast by the directed nature of the energy in this warhead - rather than losing most of the energy in directions where the enemy ship isn't, this warhead - which detonates on-impact - funnels the blast in the one direction where the enemy is, piercing the hull, and, in the case of small-to-medium ships, precipitating a complete loss of structural integrity. For Large ships and Starbases, a single missile won't compromise structural integrity, just hull integrity.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

50 megatons doesn't seem like all that much for a Superweapon...Although I'm glad to see you're over your anti-nuclear weapons thing.

Edited by King Of Shadows
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC...Rover was antinuclear? Dude, I've never even seen Rover diss nukes. You've been the one dissing nukes.And isn't 50 megatons a Tsar Bomba, which you agreed -or so Rover told me- that will crack a large down the middle?

voidstars.png

Back in the beginning of IL I remember him saying nukes should've been banned. (Probably because of my nukespamming but whatever)And yeah, 50 megatons is a superweapon actually, especially since it's shaped charges. Got my blast-units messed up.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC:50 Mt spread across 50 missiles, and since it's a shaped charge, that means the blast is so much more efficient. Add to that the fact that the missiles are unlikely to all strike the same target, and you've got a nuclear nightmare.Of course, if you're worried that 1 Mt-per-missile isn't enough, I could up each one to the equivalent of the Tunguska event - 30 Mt per missile ought to do the trick, don't you think?I disliked nukes in IL because they were 1. played up to the point of being little superweapons and 2. sprayed everywhere. Besides, I shoot railguns now. Railguns are cool.EDIT: It might interest you to know that, if my math is correct (and, come on - it's my math. Of course it's correct.), I'll have 4 homeworlds by the 22nd - Diemwnt-Drwg and Diemwnt-Blaidd will both complete their final upgrade on that day. Calinar won't upgrade until January 27th, but that's the most distant of my current batch of upgrades. The nearest is, surprise surprise, the 22nd.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCFour homeworlds? Oh yeah, you got the Syrrinx homeworld.**** you Rover, you were tied with me as the weakest player, and then you become the strongest one in the game! -or will be on the 22nd-Maybe I should try to invade someone without promptly running...Damascus became a core world on the 17th. Masada became a forge world today.INDUSTRY REPORT;PLANETS:1-1 Citamgine, Homeworld1-2 New Lleh, Forge World, upgrade 22th Dec.1-39 New Llaf, Forge World upgrade 22th Dec.1-40 New Llor, Inner World, upgrade 24th Dec.PRODUCTION:SHIPS1 Darter class, drydock.8 Valiant class3 Homeworld class1 Destroyer class4 Protector class30 Resistance classTOTAL INDUSTRY:Industry Produced: 15 (5+4+4+2)Industry Used(Ships): 12Industry Used(Production): 0Industry Used(Upgrades): 0Industry Available: 3sellthecakeINDUSTRY REPORT FOR THE IMPERIUMPlanets:Baross: Homeworld.Ithaka: Forge World, upgrade Dec. 22thGallia: Forge World, upgrade Dec. 22thMasada: Forge World, upgrade Jan. 15thDamascus: Inner World, upgrade Dec. 27thPhonecia: Outer World, upgrade Dec. 19thShips:-1 Large (Infinitus) 3 IP-1 Large (Invictus) 3 IP,-4 Medium (3 Sicarii, 3 Praetorians) 6 IP-8 Small (6 Praesidii, 2 EWACS) 2 IPTotal Industry Remaining: (5+4+4+4+2+1)-(3+3+6+2)=6 IPBlah, keeping track of me and Lloyd's stuff is going get annoying.IC [General]With the eve of a new era on their hands, the Imperium began construction of a new colonizer, the Serdica.[Elsewhere]About the same time, a meeting of the TAP military committee was convened to decide what to do with the Leben situation. Deciding that their communications obviously must be down, and the fact that it was costing far too much in logistics and homeworld security, the TAP Battle Fleet was recalled, the Imperium's flagship giving a warning broadcast saying that the fleet would be back if they did not receive a response in diplomatic channels. With that the various ships regrouped over Citamgine, still under their standing orders to aid in the defense of Citamgine and the Natsirt Empire until more starbases could be constructed. Some Imperium and Kalarii vessels did return home, however, to defend against the potential Leben retaliation.OOCShip list of the peeps hanging over my worlds upcoming. Colonizer begun over Baross; ETA, 25th Dec.IC [Location: 6-47. Identity: Head Admiral]Having gathered enough stellar data to extrapolate the location of the ILs in this sector, the scientists recieving the information on Citamgine realized what one of the ILs must lead to, and the Last Breath of the Enemy was recalled immediately. A mission into Sector 2 was needed.OOCAlso, my majhost account seems to of been deleted, as well as my Brickshelf account. Methinks all those non-lego images I posted on Bshelf might of caught up to me. The maps are still working apparently, but I'm going have to make a new account to post more stuff, so yeah. Blah.Stratch that, it's effecting everyone. Majhost's problem, not mine.

voidstars.png

IC: The various constructions on the Alizarin territories were now completed. Their new Amaranth was put into drydock so their Carnelian could be put back into action. They had no need for a dropship at this moment. A new batch of fighters was put on order to replace those being stowed away in the Carnelian's hangar.Their coloniser was also finished. It was sent out to claim 2-18, becoming the new planet Cobalt. They immediately started work there on a satellite network. Now no-one would be getting across the Line without their knowing about it. Not this particular Line anyway...OOC: Alizarin Industry Report2-5 (Glaucous-[Pheromone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Homeworld. Industry=5Navy: 1 Jade Starbase w/20 Fighters, Coloniser [Complete Dec 25]Industry Deductions= 5Total Industry=02-1 (Iris-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Forge World [upgrade to Homeworld Complete Jan 8]. Industry=4Navy: 3 Medium Class Cerulean, 30 Fighters, 4 Jonquil, Ground Fortifications, Satellite Detection NetIndustry Deductions= 4Total Industry=02-4 (Ultramarine-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Forge World [upgrade to Homeworld Complete Jan 8]. Industry=4Navy: 4 Small Class Icterine, 1 Carnelian w/10 Fighters, 20 Fighters, Ground Fortifications, Satellite Detection Net, 1 Amaranth[Drydocked]Industry Deductions= 4Total Industry=02-6 (Turquoise-[Pheremone S]-TealPlanet Level: Forge World [upgrade to Homeworld Complete Jan 8]. Industry=4Navy: 3 Medium Class Cerulean, 30 Fighters, 4 Jonquil, Ground Fortifications, Satellite Detection NetIndustry Deductions= 4Total Industry=02-17 (Palatinate-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Forge World [upgrade to Homeworld Complete Jan 8]. Industry=4Navy: 2 Medium Class Cerulean, 30 Fighters, 8 Jonquil, Ground Fortifications, Satellite Detection NetIndustry Deductions= 4Total Industry=02-3 (Silver-Celeste-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Inner World [upgrade to Core World complete Dec 23]. Industry= 2Navy: Ground Fortifications, 1 CyanIndustry Deductions=1Total Industry= 12-7 (Celadon-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Forge World [upgrade to Homeworld Complete Jan 13]. Industry=4Navy: Satellite Detection Net, Beryl Starbase [Complete Dec 23]Industry Deductions=1Total Industry=32-18 (Cobalt-[Pheremone S]-Teal)Planet Level: Colony [upgrade to Protectorate Complete Dec 21]. Industry=-2Navy: Satellite Detection Net [Complete Dec 21]Industry Deductions: NATotal Industry = -2Industry Modifiers: +1Total Industry=28Total Industry Deductions=25Overall Industry=3

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCUm, Power? 2-18 is a full system away from the 1-2 IL. Not exactly going to do you much good if one simply bypasses that system. And if you already have sensornets around the four entrance worlds, a sensornet on 2-18 is redundant, for purposes of monitoring the IL at least.

voidstars.png

OOC: Hahaha. I was never really one of the weakest players, if you think about it. Given the stunt with the Alizarin, neither were the Natsirt. Half of it's industrial strength, the other half is tactical/strategic strength. I've got a lovely little defensible corner I can back into.Anyway, it's the 18th, my lunch for the day has been stolen, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be on for the night, so consider the four Brawd-dur completed, which means it's time forINDUSTRY REPOOOOOOOOOORTPlanets(2-12) Diemwnt-Cwn: 5(2-11) Diemwnt-Drwg: 4 (December 22nd)(2-13) Diemwnt-Blaidd: 4 (December 22nd)(2-28) Goron-Trysor: 2 (December 24th)(January 7th)(February 5th)(2-8) Ath: 5(2-9) Calinar: 4 (January 27th)(2-15) Nadwoo: 3 (December 29th)(February 25th)(2-14) Allissan: 1 (December 22nd) (January 1st) (January 15th)(February 13th)Alata Corporation: 1Total: 29Starbases3 Carreg-dur (1 over 2-12, 2-13, 2-11): 6FleetMarwolaeth (12): 3Brawd-dur (6): 6Coloniser*: 4 (December 22nd)Net Industry: 10

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Kalarii Federation Starship, World, and Construction Inventory#月#日World Class Symbols:CO - –2 - colony - 3 daysPR - –1 - protectorate - 3 daysSS - 0 - self-sustaining - 3 daysOW - 1 - outer world - 7 daysIW - 2 - inner world - 10 daysCW - 3 - core world - 14 daysFW - 4 - forge world - 28 daysHW - 5 -homeworldPlanets:(1-7) Kaere - IW 2 - 12月20日- G(1-8) Czalath - FW 4 - 12月22日- 1B(1-9) Kalaras - HW 5(1-10) Torios - FW 4 - 12月22日- G(1-11) Azernax - CO –2 - 12月20日(1-32) Inosa - SS 0 - 12月19日(1-33) Arotsa - IW 2 - 12月28日(1-34) Nakare - FW 4 - 1月14日- 1N, GShip and Upgrade Symbols:S - .25 - small - 3 days/4M - 1 - medium - 3 daysL - 3 - large - 7 days+D - 1 - dropship+C - 1 - carrierC - 4 - coloniser - 7 daysB - 1 - starbase - 7 daysN - 1 - FTL sensor net - 3 daysA - 2 - addit. shipyards - 14 daysD - 1 - orbital defence - 14 daysG - 0 - ground defences - 7 daysF - 2 - fighter launch - 14 daysConstructing:(1-7) 月日(1-8) 月日(1-9) 月日(1-10) coloniser - 4 - 12月24日(1-11) 月日(1-32) 月日(1-33) 月日(1-34) L - 3 - 12月21日Starships:Lutra M - 1 - (1-1)- KaoruLutra M - 1 - (1-1)- Nio no MiyaLutris M - 1 - (1-34)- ScyldLontra M - 1 (1-32)- AscaniusEnhydra MD - 2 - (1-34)- Ea4 Eversmanii S - 1 - (1-1)- Ecqwela4 Eversmanii S - 1 - (1-1)- Heremod4 Putorius S - 1 - (1-34)- TurnusIndustry Total: 5+4+4+4+2+2+0–2=1919–3S–6M–3L–4C–1B–1N=1misakaimouto

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC29?By god, I'm dead. Unless I bump off someone in S3... but Xom warned me that wouldn't be wise... bump off someone in S2 and the Pact will make my death swift.Blarg. The numbers are not adding up. So when the numbers don't add up, toss in secret intelligence agencies ****bent on protecting their species.IC [Location: Citamgine. Identity: Admiral Adoc]The admiral sat behind a desk, in a room that was best described as 'doable'. It seemed to set between spartan and sparse, a tad bit more than what was needed to get the job done. The admiral liked it that way; it was just enough to remind him of his duties.There was a sharp buzz as the door opened, allowing in two guards and a scientist. The scientist looked around the room for a moment, then hesitantly sat down in a chair. The guards left, leaving Adoc to look at the scientist. Mid twenties, with a certain light in his eyes that said he truly believed in scientific exploration. Of course, when you work for the military, exploration takes second place."Water?" Adoc asked."No, I'm fine." He didn't sound fine, but he did a good job of hiding his fear."What's the status on the genetics programs?""The Natsirt-Alizarin hybrids you requested have not... panned out." The scientist obviously was horrified at the concept, but he kept talking nonetheless. "Our genetic splicing is not working; the difference is simply too great. We aren't even working with the same base genes; there's too many chromosomes, and the RNA transcription keeps failing.""Can this be overcome?""Yes but it'll require thousands of experiments. Most of which will die.""You'll have the subjects needed within the week; what of the telepath project?""That is actually working." The man's throat twitched; he had probably just forced back down a clump of acid. "We'll have Natsirt capable telepaths soon enough; we won't be able to do it with aliens, however, until we have a more in depth look at alien brain functions.""What will these telepaths be able to do?""At first they'll only be able to be used to read thoughts; maybe with more research we could begin to influence thoughts, but for now it's an impossibility.""Very well; I want a full report of this by tomorrow to present to the board. Dismissed."The scientist scuttled off, Adoc knotting his fingers and beginning to think. The tourism centers were going as planned; while the leaders of the Empire negotiated with aliens and brought the sense of peace, there'd be something going on in the background. A tourist would get a paper cut, a drop or two of blood would go missing, medical nanobots would malfunction and read too much data... there'd be small things, and it would take time, but eventually there would be enough commutative data to begin manufacturing a bioweapon.In all of Natsirt history, bioweapons had been banned, never used for being dishonorable. Even the bloodiest eras had never resorted to plague as a weapon. But the Natsirt were faced not by each other, honorable, civil beings, but by aliens, aliens who would be doing the very thing the IIA plotted to do now.He had no hate of aliens; discrimination had been removed eons ago on Citamgine. He knew, however, that these aliens, no matter how different in form they may be, would be plotting just as he plotted now. It would be a race; a race to see who would finish their plot first.

voidstars.png

OOCUm, Power? 2-18 is a full system away from the 1-2 IL. Not exactly going to do you much good if one simply bypasses that system. And if you already have sensornets around the four entrance worlds, a sensornet on 2-18 is redundant, for purposes of monitoring the IL at least.

OOC: Its additional security. Someone careful enough could warp into 2-5 and be nothing but an anomalous reading on the sensor net before warping out. But then anywhere they warp to is also going to pick them up. And two anomalous results looks suspicious. I'm ensuring you can't get round me by speed and cunning.It also works the other way, meaning no-one can pull a move like the Syrrinx did. I can spot them coming and intervene before they cross the Line.Sometimes it pays to be paranoid

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I'm loving how bloody-minded and paranoid the Natsirt are turning out to be. It's a shame the Diemawr don't believe in spy-work, but, of course, if it's discovered that the Natsirt are planning ungentlemanly warfare, it doesn't really matter who they're planning it against, the Diemawr will be mad.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Xom already told me, telepathy is restricted to communication. You can't read thoughts or mind control.

This is definitely true.For now.

-Rover

OOCBlah, editing.Of course, the IIA is going take it slow. They are a patient organization; they won't risk discovery of something this magnitude. It'll take a long, long time, but unless someone kills me before then, they'll eventually succeed.

voidstars.png

IC:With the ever-expanding contact between the Natsirt and Sector 2, the Syrrinx had taken an interest in business opportunities. Particularly, the Natsirt soon received a communication from Annihilation Industries, with a similar request to the one sent to the Trenuans.

-Rover

IC(6-47): After dropping another astral buoy in this sector, again more for monitoring than anything, the Alizarin scout ship sent word to the Diemawr."You're keeping up with the current events, so you know that, in this fourth sector, the Natsirt believe there's a sapient species. By now the Natsirt must have made contact, so we get to make our move. If you'll join us we'll seek out this new race and introduce ourselves. Meet the neighbours, as it were."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [Location: En route to S1. Identity: General]Deciding now was better than never to meet the races, it was decided the Kalarii vessels would be used. Docking commenced and soon Natsirt and Imperium representatives were sent to the four Eversmanii, and the vessels were given the order to go to 3-13.

voidstars.png

OOC: We'll say this is the Eversmanii group Ecqwela.IC: Commander Moruma of the Kalarii Federation Eversmanii Group Ecqwela wasn't too pleased with the fact that it had to be his ships to risk first contact, but he put up with it becausehe believed in following the rules that had been laid out. as commanded, he had the ships set in line with the system predesignated 3-13, then commanded to the nav officer to activate the jump drive.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCShips should arrive in like two hours or so.IC [General]While there had been much interest in antimatter on Citamgine, the business offer was given a standard response, told to wait while the Natsirt considered it.

voidstars.png

IC(Sector 6): "Affirmative. We will send one ship to join you for the meeting."One of the Marwolaeth split off from the group, following the trail of the Alizarin ship.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:A cabal of Syrrinx Scientists have sent messages to every known nation; the Alizarin, the Diemawr, the Trenuans, the Natiru(though with their borders closed they weren't expected to show) and the Natsirt(with a request to bring the other members of the TAP along) for a meeting on Ath.

-Rover

IC(Ath): The Syrrinx scientists were informed that future requests for a meeting on a world controlled by the Diemawr Empire would have to go through the Lord President. A follow-up message was sent to the invited parties informing them that the Diemawr would be co-hosting the event, and that all those attending would be checked for weapons.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom