Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

Better question: Who did it, whoever they were?

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

>Implying an entire race of several billion can be considered a single unitAlso note that I put IC(GM) at the top of that post. Invoking GM rights, one of which is committing anonymous actions on the behalf of someone who wants to operate in secret.Granted, saying it was Syrrinx is a very good guess, since only Syrrinx or Diemawr could easily go undetected in said city. But that is by no means compelling evidence.Now, I will be answering no further questions on this incident in OOC. If you want to find out, it will happen IC.

Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: Diemawr internal security is about as good as that in Orwell's 1984. Putting fusion nukes - even one of them - in a city would get noticed by somebody. Thirteen is over-the-top and assumes way too much about the intelligence of the Diemawr running the place.Unless ghosts did it, of course. In that case, somebody punch me hard, because there's no way anybody here would be dense enough to have ghosts in this RPG.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

You're entirely too confident.

-Rover

OOCHoly ****, the first act of terrorism in this RPG? And it wasn't done by me?Excuse me while I cry in a corner.Well, however killed a bunch of Diemawr and Syrrinx will certainly get the attention of the Natsirt Resistance, once they hear of it. I wonder though; if it wasn't the Syrrinx... who was it? Outlings? The Wrath of Wraiths?If it's ghosts, I'm following with Rover's comment.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: You're entirely too certain of the incompetence of my internal security forces.Worse than that, though, you aren't providing any run-up to it. No ICs of a shadowy, mysterious group trying to smuggle fusion bombs into a city, nothing beforehand. Just a glassy crater and dead civilians with absolutely no chance for me to IC anything for the internal security forces. This isn't something done to further the game along, this is something done because you're bored and want to blow my cities up.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It was done in hope of moving the game along. To be completely honest, this game has gotten boring, and frankly, I'm sick of trying to insert spice into something so resistant to it that it's like spitting in Lake Tahoe. I won't be running Starscape anymore. Sort out among yourselves who the new GM is, because it ain't me.

-Rover

OOCI vote for Rover as the new GM. The man did a good job back in IL, might as well do him here.Though, uh, don't the RPG rules clearly state when the GM and co-host stop caring, the RPG is to be put down?

Edited by Sweetroll Thief Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: I don't mind if Starscape dies, 'cause War of Man seems much more well-organized anyway and has a better GM, along with goalposts which are less likely to move. I've been considering leaving anyway, though not just yet...I withhold my vote, 'cause I dunno much about Rover. :w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

OOC: You can't just force the game along Xom. It goes at whatever pace it goes at. Next time don't get your race killed off :PIC: A coloniser left from Glaucous to finally claim the system formerly known as Citamgine. With their foothold in Sector 1 begun they started to work on another coloniser, this one to give to the Diemawr.They also started putting a few satellite detection nets up, over Silver-Celeste (which was long overdue) and Sapphire (which was not)

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC:

If for some reason neither host is capable of continuing to run the RPG it will be shut down: however, someone else may feel free to request to run the same RPG and open a new topic with any necessary information, including updates.

Edited by Kothra: Sweetroll Thief
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: This is why we can't have nice things.Once this topic gets closed, I'll send in to run Starscape myself, with a few overhauls in minor areas, generally dealing with industrial output, rigidity of forms, and the ilk. Keep track of where your industry and such is at in the interim.Also, for future notice, "Rocks fall, somebody dies" is not how you move a game along. It's just how you annoy whoever you just force-fed granite to.IC: A message was sent out to the Treanuans, Natiru, and Alizarin regarding potential revisions to the Pact. Given the formally closed borders of the Natiru, it was considered unlikely that they would respond, but they were invited to the meeting arranged to take place in 2-26 nonetheless.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC(Meeting): As the default diplomatic craft at this point, the Golau-a-Gobaith was sent to 2-26. Given the planet's relative proximity to Goron Trysor, the Diemawr would likely arrive at the meeting on the uncolonised world before the rest of the Pact.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCHuh. So the Resistance is on hold until they get some ships that'll actually be able to do stuff, and Unwavering Hope is on some ship off learning all that can be known. This calls for only one thing.IC [Alizarin Prime/Referon]Referon was a complicated case; after she had been healed by the Alizarin she returned with Daj. She hung around with him for a while before striking off on her own. She had been out drifting through stars, finding the interstellar void a rather relaxing place to sit back and listen to some music. Eventually she received a transmission telling her that the Natsirt were dead. This came as a shock to her, obviously, but a short lived one. One side effect of her untimely brain scrambling had a few side effects like that. So when she headed into Alizarin space, she wasn't entirely sure what to expect. Maybe she'd be remembered there; maybe not. She was connected to the deaths of their ambassadors though, and that sort of thing made sure you were remembered.So when her small ship appeared six million kilometers off of Alizarin Prime, she wasn't entirely sure what would happen."This is Referon Al'tera. I am requesting passage through Alizarin space into this sector."

voidstars.png

Sorry to do this right now, but in all honesty I think it's time for Starscape to die and something better to take its place. I like the Referon subplot, but story just doesn't seem to interest the players here.This topic can be closed now.

-Rover