Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

IC(Shields!): "It will be done."After a bit of fiddling with a hand-held computer, the Diemawr were ready to pay their part of the cost of this new technology.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: We'll have it transferred to you, and you can send it to them. It's not very valuable to us, except in electronics.He turned to the Syrrinx.After further consideration, we are retracting out order for the technology.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC(Shields): "We will also retract our order for this technology - mounting energy shields on our ships seems prohibitively expensive, and rather less practical than simply adding more armor."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"Sure you don't want to just buy a few of the designs?" The Syrrinx asked. "It's not necessarily a package deal."

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC:Realizing that there should have been a term not to share the tech in the deal, but also realizing it was too late to go back on his word, the scientist agreed, somewhat begrudgingly.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: The Tsui'nau refrained from laughing, though he found the whole situation amusing.IC: The Alizarin were sent a message.We are prepared to accept our share of the Syrrinx population, if there are similarly prepared.OOC: Xom, I want the antimatter. Send the company over. :P

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC(Grand Conclave): A unanimous vote in the Grand Conclave on Diemwnt-Cwn has put the Syrrinx immortality program under full government control, specifically that of the Grand Conclave. As of now, second lives are no longer bought, but granted based on individual achievements as judged by the Grand Conclave.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCSyrrinx everywhere are sure going be mad.Also, my apologizes for not updating the maps in forever and not even getting around to the people who PM'd me, of which I'm suppose to get to the fastest. Business has been on my schedule; I'mma updating them now, though.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Yes, well, if they like, they can try rebelling. I'd love to see how well they do against Diemawr ground troops, especially now that the Diemawr own Defiance Industries.Speaking of which, Xom, would you mind PMing me the specs on Syrrinx Battlemechs?Also, just noticed something...IC(Conclave): Further review pointed out the (in retrospect rather obvious) flaw that approving every case for a second life would work the Grand Conclave to death. Approval of second lives now delegated to each local conclave, down to the town/city level.OOC: Interesting point... You know that money the Syrrinx scientists thought they could use to live like kings in one life, and then buy a second life? Given that money has no connection to second lives any more, and that well, these people invented energy shields, what do you suppose the chances are that they won't be granted a second life? Far more likely, I think, that they and every other rich and accomplished Syrrinx will have the chance to live like kings in this and the next life.And, of course, that lower-income Syrrinx that do their jobs well now get to get second-lives, too. Overall, it looks like a good deal for the Syrrinx from my perspective.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Ath/Head Admiral]With the information sent and received, the admiral received the go-ahead on the planet below. He turned to the scientist, pleased that everything had worked out. "If everything is quite done, I'd like to return to my ship. Homeworld will be studying these ideas, and my ship is needed elsewhere."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: As soon as the Syrrinx handed over the data on shield technology, the Alizarin in the aquarium began making a pair of copies, to be sent to the Treanuans and Diemawr."Uh, I have a suggestion," said one of the scientists, the displays of colour and pheremones that were Alizarin speech not being translated by the machinery, "Why don't we include deliberate flaws in the designs before we send them? So that only we have the real shield technology and it looks like the Syrrinx cheated everyone?"The six other Alizarin glared at him. And when you have as many 'eyes' as an Alizarin, a glare is a powerful thing. Angry violet and indigo shades blossomed round their optical sensors, displacing their natural crimson coloration. "If we were not in a tank, I would demand to have you thrown out," said one, "The plans will be delivered with no imperfections. We will not cheat our friends and allies."OOC: Building another Cyan on Silver-Celeste. Cobalt upgraded to Protectorate, starting work on ground fortificationsIC: The Alizarin had gathered together the appropriate Syrrinx population of Celadon, those that could survive the journey to the Treanuan territories. Their fellow cnidiarians would just have to come and pick them up

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [General/General]All Natsirt ships were being called back home for assembly; the ship over 2-43 left with Captain Nil'hera, though leaving the scientists behind. The ship in 1-32 jumped out, it's sister vessel having been destroyed in the crash. All the Natsirt vessels were coming back; for what reason was anyone's guess.

voidstars.png

IC(Grand Conclave): A unanimous vote in the Grand Conclave on Diemwnt-Cwn has put the Syrrinx immortality program under full government control, specifically that of the Grand Conclave. As of now, second lives are no longer bought, but granted based on individual achievements as judged by the Grand Conclave.

IC:A full protest was issued from the Syrrinx portion of Inherent Biologies, the now Alizarin-owned company which sold said immortality. Inherent also froze the operations of their daughter companies in Syrrinx space, including several medical and agricultural companies. The effects weren't felt yet, but supplies such as cloned implants and medicines would be running out shortly. A reminder was sent to the Diemawr that Inherent Biologies was a sovereign nation and effectively a vassal state of the Alizarin, and that if this intrusion continued Inherent would lodge a formal complaint with the Alizarin government,Meanwhile Defiance Industries held off on presenting their battlemech blueprints until this Sovereignty crisis was resolved; they were worried about their patents and designs.OOC: It's a good deal for the Syrrinx, but Syrrinx society is and always will be far from ideal; the Corporate Nations stand against most of what needs doing. Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

IC(Conclave): Inherent was informed in no uncertain terms that Syrrinx citizens under Diemawr rule - as those the ruling applied to were - were subject to Diemawr laws to the fullest extent possible.Meanwhile, agricultural exports from Diemawr home-worlds (read: all four of their worlds) have been stepped up to cover the difference caused by IB's embargo. Medical companies were doing the best they could, but the differences in Syrrinx biology made adaptation of Diemawr medical technology to fit them a slow process.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:The Diemawr federation was told in relatively polite terms that they could have immortality purchased on their terms and at their prices, or they could have no immortality at all.OOC: Edited my above post for Defiance's response.

Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

OOC: Oi, it's called the Empire, not the bleeding Federation. Besides, if you want to be picky about the government type, it's more a Republic, but Republic doesn't sound right for them.IC(Hooo boy): In response, IB was informed that the Empire was willing to pay for the immortality of any Syrrinx under their jurisdiction, but that those receiving the immortality would not be paying for it personally. With that statement came the strong implication that the price would remain the same - given the sovereignty of the corporation, and its partial ownership by an ally of the Diemawr, expecting a price-cut was quite unreasonable.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: (Inherent)Inherent responded that they would definitely prefer for their service to be available to any Syrrinx who could pay; if the Diemawr wished to set up a fund, they were free to do so.

-Rover

IC(Buggre Alle Thif For A Larke): By this point, the Diemawr were tired of arguing over the matter, so they just vaguely agreed and left it at that.Immortality now available, as usual, to rich Syrrinx who haven't done a single important thing in their lives, as well as those who are important enough for the government to pay for them.Defiance Industries, meanwhile, was faced with a stern reminder that the company was now owned by the Diemawr Empire, and that it could be absorbed into the existing engineering institutes if it proved troublesome. Contrary to what the Syrrinx might expect, the Diemawr were completely serious about actually owning the things they owned.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:The Diemawr were equally reminded that the Diemawr hold on Defiance was tenacious at best, and at any time Defiance could call up a veritable army of lawyers to argue that neither Sienta Kralat nor the Syrrinx Republic had any right whatsoever to sell Defiance. As it was, Defiance was relatively happy to work with the Diemawr. That could change at any moment. The message, did, however, have attached blueprints of the Syrrinx Mechs(PMing if I can get OpenOffice to be good)

-Rover

IC: While the Diemawr could have reminded Defiance that they could call up a real army to capture the production facilities and make the company 100% theirs, lawyers or not, they decided to leave it at that.For now.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: So the Syrrinx have become an odd mix of Caldari and Space Jews.Kinda weird and not at all what I had in mind.

-Rover

The Syrrinx are a scattered species, with citizens and influence all over the place, but with lots of money, focused on gold. That's as close to Jewish as aliens can reasonably get.Being Jewish, it's okay for me to say this.

-Rover

OOC: Hmm. Alright.The Diemawr are like Welsh slightly-communist lizards with a fondness for not being disagreed with. They can't - okay, won't - do anything to Inherent Biologies, because they respect the Alizarin, but Defiance had better keep itself in line, or there will be trouble.I'm just glad Alata Mining Corp. is behaving well. Hate to have to conquer a corporation that is owned by more races than just the Diemawr.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

All that's happening there is they're mining rocks and you're buying the rocks from them. Presumably at similar prices to what the Republic payed. They might get upset if they feel you shortcharge them, though.

-Rover

A full protest was issued from the Syrrinx portion of Inherent Biologies, the now Alizarin-owned company which sold said immortality. Inherent also froze the operations of their daughter companies in Syrrinx space, including several medical and agricultural companies. The effects weren't felt yet, but supplies such as cloned implants and medicines would be running out shortly. A reminder was sent to the Diemawr that Inherent Biologies was a sovereign nation and effectively a vassal state of the Alizarin, and that if this intrusion continued Inherent would lodge a formal complaint with the Alizarin government,

OOC: I've told you before, its the Treanuans who bought Inherent Biologies. You're mixing up your jellyfish. The Alizarin just bought Alata and Kaurava. They didn't want immortality.IC: With the new shield designs providing a wealth of possibilities for defensive capabilities, thought was put into a ship focused on offense. Their current Carnelian-class designs had compromised between attacking and defending with the inclusion of a hangar bay for fighters, and the Amaranth was just a beefed up dropship. They wanted something with serious firepower...OOC: Anyone seen Vigor btw? Most of us are hanging around on his doorstep, should we ring the bell

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCOh, that. Me, I'm stuck because I'm on Koth's ship, so I can't IC him picking you guys up. The Overseer is going have one **** of a fit though when the sensors do pick you guys up.IC [Empire/General]All throughout the Empire there was celebration; the great colonies New Llaf and New Lleh were at last comparable to Citamgine. On New Llaf the southern continents had been quelled, the volcanic activity turned to a minimum as settlements and industrial powerbases formed. The long sought after power in the planet's atmosphere was at last tapped into, massive power relays drawing on the solar radiation that had built up in it. On New Lleh the clear cut forests had been turned into fertile farm land, new populace allowing for even more factories and industrial complexes. The worlds were fully mature, filled to the brim with people.It was then the Natsirt colonization plan went into effect. Even as the TAP fleet began to rearrange itself to protect the Empire, all three worlds began work on colonizing fleets. Much of the fleet had to be dry docked, but this was fine, coinciding with the fleet upgrades. The Navy would be largely offline for the duration of the colonizing build up, but the TAP fleet would be ample protection.[imperium/General]A similar celebration was going on the other side of the sector, but unlike the Natsirt this was not met with colonization. It was met with the continuing buildup of the space navy; much decision making was done, and it was decided additional shipyards should be constructed over Ithaka, to aid in the continued buildup of the Imperium.To do their part in the continued defense of their ally, the Osalieli agreed to send one Sicarii and one Praetorian to 1-40, who had no standing fleet over it at the moment. OOCAdditional Shipyards begun on Ithaka; ETA January fifth. Forge worlds upgraded to homeworlds. All Natsirt fleet except one Homeworld drydocked. Three colonizers began.Now, to see if my jellyfish friends don't take advantage of my temporary weakness. Speaking of which, time to initiate phase two of my take over the galaxy plan.IC [2-5/Executive Daj]On the Alizarin sensors, a blip appeared as a vessel jumped in. Sensor sweeps would quickly reveal it had no armament, and was sending out a different transponder code than military craft. It sat in space accelerating towards Alizarin Prime for a minute or two, before a communication was sent out."Alizarin government; this is the civilian craft Last Chance. I am Executive Daj, the leader of a major corporation in the Empire. I have come with four other corporate leaders, in interests of beginning business dealings with your people."

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

Big stupid jellyfish are big stupid jellyfish to the Syrrinx.Okay, that's not true but it's fun to say.

-Rover

IC [General/Secretary]While the request from Annihilation Industries still went unanswered -antimatter was a very touchy subject with the Natsirt-, a transmission was sent to the only known Treanuan world, 2-43, a simple message being received."This is Daj Industries, of the Natsirt Empire. We wish to open business negotiations with your people."OOCPhase 2, now in progress.

voidstars.png

OOC: Are they avoiding contacting the Diemawr because they don't like them, or because they know the Diemawr probably won't take the bait?IC(Planets!): A recent census taken reveals that Diemwnt-Drwg and Diemwnt-Blaidd have now grown in population and manufacturing power to equal the homeworld, Diemwnt-Cwn. The Conclaves in charge of the two worlds are expected to organize celebrations of this fact sometime within the next week.Meanwhile, the Coloniser under construction over Diemwnt-Cwn has been completed, and is en-route to the 2-29 system in order to ensure Diemawr control of the new Interstellar Line.OOC: Allissan has also been elevated to the status of an Inner World.Begin construction of a single Brawd-dur over each of the newly upgraded worlds, for a total of three to be completed on the 25th.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCWho, my business peeps? No. I'm simply taking it one post at a time. Phase 2 of my plan to take over the galaxy isn't as sinister as the name sounds; phase 2 is contact everyone when I have no interaction so I don't get bored. Phase 3 is the sinister part.IC [General/Secretary]A transmission was sent to Ath, as that was the only planet the Natsirt knew of that had Diemawr influence, with orders to be redirected to whatever Diemawr government could be found. It, too, had a similarly simple message."This is Dawn Medical, of the Natsirt Empire. We wish to open business negotiations with your people."

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC(DM): "Of what use are you? We are currently having trouble with other corporations, we do not wish to compound our problems."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Ath/DM]"I think you will fine us much more... cooperative than the Syrrinx." The voice gave what was best called a vocal shrug. "We wish to expand our influence to other alien nations, and since you are one of the first, we are willing to give certain discounts to ensure a productive partnership in the future."

voidstars.png

IC [Ath/DM]"We are the medical corporation of the Empire; we control eighty percent of all medical resources, and we hold all patents on genetic engineering. We believe genetic engineering would be the foremost interesting option we have to offer."OOCConsidering the Natsirt have been studying and screwing around with their DNA for the past four to five hundred years, it is indeed their more interesting option.

voidstars.png

IC(DM): "Genetic engineering? How much experience does your corporation have with vegetables?"The idea of modifying Diemawr themselves had, of course, not occurred to them - as far as they could tell, they were perfect. Vegetables, however, could always be improved upon.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom