Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

OOCCurrently debating if I should initiate phase 3... hm... well, better set up for it if I decide it's time to tighten the noose.IC [Citamgine/General]The genetic trials on combining Natsirt-Alizarin DNA was at long last complete, with plenty of dead bodies but complete nonetheless. The hybrids were stable enough to be put into active service, and the IIA had a plan for them. They were, of course, top secret, and they wouldn't be mobilized until the time was right, but soon enough they would be prepared for their plan.[2-5/Daj]As the ship orbited the alien planet, Daj stood in his quarters, watching the security cameras of the woman. She was still madly scribbling, still drawing pictures. The computer had deciphered the language she had begun writing in; he was correct, it was an ancient language, one so ancient the computer had to take records of it from the central library of Citamgine. It was gibberish though; random nonsense that had no meaning. It did have an overarching theme though; everything was related to the future. Prolonged suffering. Eternal glory. Moving forward.Sighing, he looked at the report given by the best medical minds of the Empire, when he was still in orbit of New Llaf. They said they could do nothing; that they couldn't reverse what had already happened. Yet they all agreed the knowledge was in there, somewhere, buried. She had suffered no memory loss, but the pathways to access the memory had suffered damage. The brain was such a complex thing, and they simply could not repair it.So he had to fall to an option he didn't wish to take; he had to call in alien assistance. He didn't know what good this Alizarin would be working on a Natsirt patient, but he had to try. That woman had information he had to have. So he ordered a transmission to be sent. A minute later a transmission was sent to the planet below, asking how much experience the Alizarin had in matters pertaining to brain damage, and whether or not with the proper data sent over if they could operate on a Natsirt.OOCNothing creates human-jellyfish bonding better than unraveling ancient conspiracies together.And heyheyhey, someone else is actually doing genetic engineering? Interesting. I have competition. Which brings me to wonder; what exactly is Treanuan specialization? As I've clearing stated before, the Natsirt are genetics and big brother, but I've never actually seen other people say their specializations. Which I think is important for role playing, because I mean, someone specializing in genetics would obviously have more experience and thus poweress in the area than someone who is just a generalist. It doesn't actually have any industry effect or large scale implications, but it does make it much more believable when you do something awesome in a field.IC [Citamgine/Execs]Annihilation Industries finally received their response; it was a no, saying that antimatter was viewed as not a worthwhile venture. There was, however, a request to do business without the Diemawr being aware of it.[2-34/Representatives]The ship quickly came in for landing, going through the atmosphere and doing the usual docking procedures.

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Hmm... I'd say meshing their biological technology with mechanics seamlessly. While everything runs off organic parts, guns and ship hulls are metal. And, due to having biological technology, they're masters at manipulating the genetic code. However, much of this is kept secret from the general population.IC: On Molokhe, the top 10% of the intellectualnand the top 10% of the physically powerful Syrribx had their DNA sampled. Military service was being instituted as mandatory for three years, while public schools were opened for the Syrrinx children, providing an education- as well as teaching them the Treanuan religion.Ah, phase 2.IC: The ship landed among mountainous land, mountains stretching away in all directions. They lower areas were covered in lush fields, with animals scattered around. The dock was a bright silver metal, and located on the shore of a massive saltwater lake, miles in diameter, circled by mountains. In the lake the outline of another Treanuan city could be seen- much larger than the other seen by the Natsirt, at least five times so.The exiting Natsirt were greater by a sight rarer among the Treanuan peoples- a Maladu.The thirty foot long squid floated just under the water, easily visible.Two armored Sui'Malo and four Ka'sharek, their armor sealing in water, came on land, while a vice projected in a garbled Natsirt tongue,"Most honored Natsirt, greetings. Hope we that you may be to follow this Maladu, your guide he shall be for your stay of time."While the translators could use some work, the message was clear enough.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCYou know, I've been visiting everyone else, but no one's visited me. It's saddening. ;.;IC [2-34/Representatives]The delegation itself was comprised of three Natsirt, who apparently were so unworthwhile they didn't even get a body guard. They were, as per standard Natsirt policy even outside of the military, in their lighter models of space suits. The lead one, a woman, raised an eyebrow at the garbled translators but didn't think much of it."Where will we be going?" She asked simply. "While tours are nice, we'd like to get directly to business."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: "Proceeding directly through the city shall we be doing, if grab hold of the Maladu you will, transport through city to the Proctor shall be done. Translators have you? Speak with you, the Maladu will be able then."OOC: I love Yoda-Speak. :DAnd my guys'll come visit you if you accept the trade offer. :P

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCYou realize that in English that sounds stupid, and in nutea, the current language of the Natsirt, it just sounds plain silly. :PIC [2-34/Representative]Resisting the urge to break out in laughter, the woman and the rest of the delegation did as told. "Yes, our suits have translators, though I don't believe we ever received a dictionary from your species."[Citamgine/Daj Industries]After a skirmish over who'd get to do the talking, Daj Industries came out on the top and responded to the communication, saying that they were willing to open negotiations if the aliens could come to Citamgine to do so.

voidstars.png

IC: The voice projected out of the speakers on the armor again."Visual is our language. Not auditory. Flashes of light. Here-"Suddenly, an amount of data was transmitted to the ship and to the Natsirt, should they pick it up."Those light filters- apply to your optical receptors. Understand with us, you will be able to."OOC: But it's so fun! And really, this is somewhat realistic. These are translators working with a completely alien language, that doesn't even use the same medium. There's gonna be errors. :PIC: We will send a delegation. May you prosper.OOC: Let's time skip this... It'll take too long. :P

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCEven light based communication can be overcome if the dictionary and grammar workup is applied correctly. I've done it with the Alizarin, and they don't sound like Yoda. :P And no, let's not, because that's the rules now. One hour irl per jump.IC [2-34/Representative]The delegation did as asked, applying the dictionary and grammar workup to their suit's translators.OOCAll these one liners... I must redeem myself by writing a giant doorstopper.

voidstars.png

OOC: I remember Xom saying that was mostly for battle. Stuff like this doesn't matter much. And I won't be on much tonight, so now's the time to do this. But whatever.And the Treanuans did just meet you. :PIC: With that, the others slipped into the water. The giant squid reached out three tentacles, wrapping loosely around the suited Natsirt, before gently pulling them into the water.Once submerged, the light filters kicked in, allowing them to understand the pattern of lights that flashed on the Maladu's skin in front of them.Greetings, travelers. I am Arian Lon-Yasuf. Welcome to Ka'andro. I will be your guide here.With that, jets of water spurted past them, and they began to move somewhat quickly through the water towards the heart of the city, the buildings growing steadily taller.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: Syrrinx have been doing genetic modification for ages now.Also, clever; get the Syrrinx when they're children, they'll believe a religion even if it's logic is completely null, just like humans.Syrrinx specialty was "Here at the Syrrinx Navy we fire the whole missile. That's sixty percent more missile per missile." Now, though, it's being Space Jews.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCMethinks what gives me an edge in genetics is that, unlike other races, the Natsirt have been forced to learn more about genetics and further their expertise in genetics to survive. Five nuclear wars barely twenty-thirty years apart each does not do good for a planet; while it was clean fusion nukes, so the radiation practically became nonexistent after a year or so, the dust cloud just about killed them. Plants had to be engineered to survive the colder, dimmer conditions, and Natsirt children had to undergo genetic screening and reconfiguring to weed out any harmful mutations that would arise from the brief but rather nasty exposure to radiation.Whereas other races basically were, 'hey, genetic engineering, epic, let's put money in that'. There is a difference between researching something to weed out Down Syndrome, and needing to research something so your entire world can survive.So lemme see; my capitalist plans have gotten both jellyfish interested in business, further spreading Phase 2 of my take over the galaxy plan. All is going rather well.IC [2-34/Representatives]The Natsirt didn't say much, content to hang on and remain silent for the trip. They weren't here to chat; they were here to secure a successful business relationship with these aliens.

voidstars.png

IC: They were brought to a large tower, where the Maladu deflated, and set them down. The giant swuid walked upright into a large atrium, where several Tsui'nau floated surrounded by Sui'Malo guards, their tentacles faces impassive.Greetings, Natsirt. Welcome to Ka'andro.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: The Diemawr specialty is armoring everything and not trusting anything until they own it.IC: The Treanuan corporations' offer was politely declined by the Diemawr, citing lack of necessary funds.In fact, the Diemawr trusted the Treanuans about as much as they trusted the Natsirt, and would happily conquer either of them if they made a move suspicious enough for the Diemawr to convince the Alizarin to allow the invasion.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCGood thing I've made nice with my jellyfish neighbors. Unless Daj and the Alizarin don't figure the IIA's plan in time, inwhich case the noose is completely tightened on my neck.IC (2-34/Representive)"Greetings to you as well." The telepathy didn't shock the representive too much; who knew what aliens could do after all. "We're here to open business between your people and Daj Industries."

voidstars.png

OOC: Kaurava and Inherent would really like to be in on these talks...

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: Alizarin speciality is most likely energy manipulation, specifically magnetism. A lot of their stuff revolves around using magnets in some way, be it railguns, UMDs, or the magnetic shielding they put in the CeriseOh and ToA, yeah, they're somewhere between jellyfish and octopodes. My inspiration was this guy. So just imagine that with more tentacles, a jellyfish umbrella/cap thing and an attached external brain and you've got an AlizarinIC(Glaucous): "Given the vulnerability of our own central nervous matter, we have put a lot of research into medication of brains throughout our history. Our extensive knowledge might be applicable to the Natsirt physiology, we would assume it operates the same way. Is your patient fit to be moved or should we send a Physician up to you?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Kaurava and Inherent would really like to be in on these talks...

OOCI sent a beam to Annilihiation telling them that Daj Industries wants to talk with the Syrrinx in private.IC [2-5/Daj]"No, my vessel can dock planetside; my patient is capable of being moved. She is physically fit, but her brain has suffered some sort of cybernetic implant malfunction and her memory cortex is damaged. The doctors I've contacted believe most of the memories to be intact, but rather the connections between the storage and processing centers of her brain are damaged."[2-34/Representative]"Daj Industries is a generalist corporation; we have a wide suite of services. Engineering, food, medical; by making a contract with us you'll receive the rather wide variety of services." The woman held out a pad, which had the list of said variety on it.

voidstars.png

OOC: Xom, can I have an overview of where each Syrrinx corporation is based? I get the feeling that Defiance is based on Calinar, where are the rest?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCWell, nothing that'll actually effect your over all industry obviously, but you'll basically get a ton of stuff; scientists, engineers, doctors, basically you're making a contract to let Daj Industries set up shop on your worlds. You don't have to pay for any of it, as the pad will tell your god-jellyfish. So in exchange for being allowed to set up shop, your people get the benefits of limited Natsirt technology and medicine. Oh, and Natsirt holo-movies. Those things are epic. Your people will be lining up around the blocks for the Natsirt equivalent of Star Wars. :PBasically, I'm giving your people Natsirt merchandise.As for Referon Power, I take option three. And I don't know if 'to you' means stay in orbit or go to a hospital, so I'm assuming the first. Recton it into staying in orbit if your meant the latter.IC [2-5/Daj]As the ship descended and went to the coordinates presumably given, while a doctor and some nurses began prepping Referon for departure. Using nanites, the tiny mechanical machines went into her lungs and formed a resperator, which would allow the woman to breath for about an five hours underwater before the machine failed and was forced to collapse into harmless inert nanites.

voidstars.png

OOC: The Natsirt should defintely hit up the Kalarii for some underwater gear.Or maybe a combination. The Kalarii use more 'standard' water-breathing gear, but they've been in the business long enough to make it right and make it last. So combining their expertise with Natsirt nanobots would be a pretty good idea I would think.Or something.IC: Azernax (1-11) advanced to Self-Sustaining.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC [2-34/Representative]The woman raised an eyebrow. Their vessel had been informed that these aliens were sending a representative to Citamgine already. Had this one not been informed? "Isn't your government already sending a delegation to Citamgine to discuss a business deal there?"

voidstars.png

IC: A civilian ship with medical capabilities was sent to link with the same drydock the Natsirt ship had landed, allowing passage between the two.The medical team was on standby to receive the patient, who was pushed in."Might we request some schematic of the Natsirt brain. We have an idea of how we might bypass the blocked memory pathways, but we would need to know exactly where those pathways are."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Xom, can I have an overview of where each Syrrinx corporation is based? I get the feeling that Defiance is based on Calinar, where are the rest?

Syrrinx corporations are nebulous things. Defiance had its main offices and proving grounds on Calinar, but all Syrrinx corporations have presences everywhere in former Republic space.IC: Daj and Annihilation"We'd love to talk. Could we come to Citimagne to make arrangements?"OOC: ToA, could you quote your message to Annihilation for me?

-Rover

OOC: Right. Well, the ones that have nothing to do with the Diemawr might want to concentrate their holdings and meetings outside of Diemawr space. To them, some things are in, some things are out, and you don't bloody well mix the two.In other news, Goron-Trysor has just upgraded to a Core World. Forge World status will be reached on the 7th.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCNew Llor is now a full ledged Core World. One Homeworld brought out of drydock.IC [2-34/Representative]"You do mean, our two governments being allied." So this was going be more difficult than she thought. "I can... understand that, but this is a business deal. Perhaps alien societies are different in these matters."OOCLike the Syrrinx, Natsirt megacorps are outside of the government. Unlike the Syrrinx, the Natsirt megacorps are completely outside the government. The Natsirt run a no bars smash down version of capitalism; absolutely no regulation regarding business practices. Hence why everyone is a megacorp; for the last eighty years it's been business eating business, until only a few giants remain, and even they're duking it out. Getting government approval is nice, but for the most part the businesses run their own thing, kept in place mostly by unions.IC [2-5/Doctor]The doctor and two aides that had followed Referon nodded, the doctor pulling out a pad and setting it down on the nearest flat surface. An image projected upwards, rippling slightly in the water but compensating for it a moment later. "It's camera should be able to see your bioluminescence and translate your commands. It's an intelligent program; ask for whatever section of the brain and you'll get a detailed schematic and run down."OOCSiri, Natsirt edition.IC [Citamgine/DI]The response was to come in an unarmed vessel, and to make sure the Diemawr didn't find out about this.The military, having been informed via space dock that ships would be coming, revved up the fusion reactors on their dry docked vessels, effectively turning the lights on. To an outside viewer, it'd appear the entire fleet was simply docked all at once, fully operational and ready for combat. The temporary weakness couldn't be allowed to be exploited, after all, as all that stood between the Empire and invasion were four Protector class starbases and three wings of fighters.

voidstars.png

OOC: Geez, every society in this game but mine seems to bloody well hate the Diemawr right now.Gotta be prepared for the inevitable. Start two new colonisers - one on Ath, one on Diemwnt-Cwn. They'll be finished round-about... New Year's Eve.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCHardly; the Natsirt didn't ask about what the Diemawr fleet was doing after all, never got a chance. It's just the big corps want to do business with the Diemawr AND the Syrrinx, not the same entity. Twice the money after all.At the moment the Natsirt don't give two cents regarding the Diemawr, though once I get my stealth ships done and do some scouting about, the massive industry output they have now is going raise some heads back at tactical command.And I'm pretty sure the Alizarin like you.

voidstars.png

OOC: Bah, the Treanuans are still miffed about the last conference, the Syrrinx think I'm crushing their model of capitalism, and the Natsirt think deception is the best way to do everything.And, funny thing, I would've been a little bit surprised if the Natsirt asked what the Diemawr fleet was doing, considering that they never actually saw it.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCI've said it before and I'll say it again; genetics and being big brother/spies. Deception just works so plain well, and I don't have the industrial might to work my ways via brute force, so I have to resort to underhanded tactics and unconventional warfare. Best thing about it is, it works so well when done right. Make peace with whoever you can, and kill whoever you can't in secret.

voidstars.png

IC: Business is part of our government- you're negotiating with the same body. And look at it this way- if we were to go to war, may it never happen, you would have Natsirt on our worlds. You could be slaughtered. And the same goes for Treanuans in your space. Such an alliance would keep such a thing from occurring, and we'd have another friendly power to trade with. However, assuming such an alliance goes through, show us some of what you have planned.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCSo the Natsirt are fully unrestrained capitalism, and the god jellyfish are communists.So we're opposed in religion and politics. War is just so inevitable I can taste it already. I wonder how the Alizarin would feel about it...IC [2-34/Representative]"Everything is on the pad."OOCI feel so shamed by these one liners. ;.;But yeah, the pad still has the run down of everything; think Wal*Mart, if Wal*Mart was an interstellar megacorp and absorbed malls into it too.

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC: Perhaps it shall be good to experience other systems of commerce. Very well.... Should an alliance, or at least a non-agree soon pact go through, we will accept your business. You're welcome to stay here until then, or leave if you wish. This world has several attractions you might enjoy, and it'd be a good opportunity for you to get acquainted with our nation.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCPretty sure the god-jellyfish ship should be here by now.IC [Citamgine/Adoc]The admiral walked down the hulls, barely giving a glance at the white coated doctors streaming past. Everything was starting to be put into motion; while the fools in the government readied negotiations with the enemy, the goal was coming closer each passing second. The doctors had said that they needed about a thousand different blood samples from each species; with that the genetic diversity would be enough that a bioweapon could be successfully constructed and unleashed. It would still be some time before the aliens allowed their citizenry to come to Natsirt space, but the IIA would wait.He entered a room, where a group of doctors and military officers looked down through windows into an observation room. The occupants were not a pretty sight; they were criminals, scheduled for execution but instead given this. Successful Natsirt-Alizarin hybrids; their usefulness was debatable, but it was likely they'd play a role in spreading the upcoming plague."Admiral." Another admiral, admiral Nil'Kith, raised an eyebrow. "I see you've been busy.""The genetic experiments have warranted quite a bit of research." Technically they were evenly ranked, in both the military and the IIA, but it was understood Nil'Kith had the upperhand. "Because of this we could have complete genetic overhauls for our operatives in the alien fields.""For humanoid life forms." The admiral gave a look of distaste at the group below. "This is an abomination; they aren't even entirely stable. The reports I read say they have a month before the hybrid process causes them to literally tear their very cells apart. The Alizarin, while a threat, have proved thus far reasonable. Why then are we attempting to manufacture bioweapons for them if we aren't also devoting resources to Kalarii and Osailieli viruses?""There is a difference between reasonable friends and allies; the Alizarin are likely biding their time, waiting for when they could overpower us. The reports coming in from the next sector say that they are in an alliance with two other races, as I'm sure you are aware. Their colonies outmatch our own three to one. We must be prepared.""Perhaps, but our leaders think otherwise. As of now the Alizarin hybrid program is scrapped; all data pertaining to it will be gathered and sealed away under security level nine." The admiral gave one last look at the mutants below, then began walking away. "Bag and tag Adoc; you're being reassigned to a new project.""Which is?""The paper work is on your desk; your division is going find an engineer called Referon Nil'Fet."OOCSo let's see; I've already got the Alizarin dragged into what's about to become the first wide-scale conspiracy in this RPG, so now it's time to extend my reach to the Syrrinx and Diemawr.IC [2-34/Representative]"We could stay, yes. I thank you for your time."

voidstars.png

OOC: It's the Syrrinx that worry me. They're too opportunistic for their own good, and if they get wiped out by a bioweapon, it will hurt the Diemawr economy. They could be cautious, they could stick to their own worlds, and refuse to trust once-proven enemies, but no, everybody's got to make friends with the bloody vipers.I'm safe from total annihilation, though - I can see no way the Natsirt could acquire a genetic sample from the Diemawr without provoking a war.IC: Marchogrhyfel and Dugrhyfel currently on patrols in the Ath system, given that it appears to be the chosen system for aliens wishing to gain access to Diemawr territory. Requests have been put in to the Alizarin to step up their system security measures and to notify the Diemawr of alien ships moving through their space.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom