Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

OOCActually I was talking about myself, but yeah, I guess Veeci is the weakest guy in the game now. I assume the Alizarin haven't informed the rest of the Pact yet.IC [2-5/Referon]Referon looked at the Alizarin, wondering how to communicate with it, then noticing the Natsirt pad on the nearby table. She picked it up, looking it over for a moment then typing in a sentence. The translator program converted the text into patterns of light the Alizarin could understand."Where am I?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: On Treanu, the maps were being updated with a study stream of data. A fair eastern bit of the sector had been mapped, while the west remained unknown. As the directive was to remain in unclaimed space as much as possible, mostly the information concerned which systems the Natsirt held, recognizable by interception of signals.Every hour, a heavily encrypted signal was sent to Treanu, showing new discoveries.The latest update showed the discovery of a world belonging to neither the Natsirt of the Kalarii. The ship was cleared to investigate, and warped into the Leben's easternmost system.Greetings from the Treanuan Dominion. We come in peace.IC: A Treanuan delegate was dispatched to 2-17 for the Alizarin meeting.IC: Meanwhile, mapping of the Syrrinx genome using DNA samples was nearly complete.Phase three was going well.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: "You are on the civilian vessel Luscious Bloom, currently anchored at the drydock informally known as Amber-Sunset-Cream. You in in the system of 2-5, or Glaucous. As you may have guessed, Alizarin territory."The physician gave her a moment to let this sink in before continuing, "You were brought here by a Natsirt vessel, which remains here. You required medical attention and we were able to provide it."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCI am such a derp. I forgot to update my industry calculations for my three homeworlds; turns out I've got two free, so two Homeworld vessels are brought out of drydock.IC [Citamgine/General]It was decided that before the invasion some sort of diplomatic talks should be held, if only to stall so more information could be retrieved from the Leben. Thus, one Homeworld class vessel was sent to the Leben homeworld.[2-5/Referon]With her memories back available to her, she could understand why she needed medical attention. Oddly enough she had retained a bit more sanity, though whether or not she got all of it back was uncertain. She typed out a response. "Who brought me?"

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [2-5/Referon]"Daj. Huh. Who knew, I'd get rescued by the richest Natsirt alive?" Referon sighed, continuing to tap into the pad. "Well then, am I fit to leave? As I have some things to discuss, mainly with the local leaders here."

voidstars.png

Ooc: Oh, Toast, just for the record, there's no sign of civilization on Leben worlds as they live beneath the surface. Assuming you're in 1-36 the surface of the main planet is a flat, dark, sub-zero, barren wasteland. However I'll let it slide since I will desperately need help soon. :P And I'm not sure if you'll need it, but here's my profile.(@Toast) Ic (1-36): A patrol of three ships materialized out of the shadow of the Leben homeworld, Kalveide. The organic vessels glided towards the newcomers seemingly unarmed except for the jagged, one-hundred meter-long claws belonging to the Tinte that appeared to be heading the group. Several silent minutes passed before the Treanuans received a reply."You have entered space under the jurisdiction of the Leben Federation. You claim your intentions are peaceful; is your directive scientific, economic, or political in nature?"Ooc: Construction of 4 Wetter'ballon started (Completed 12-27)

Edited by Veeci

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

OOC: Xom, it's a good thing one of us has good memory. The territory formerly claimed by the Syrrinx, colonised or not, was split up by the members of the Pact. I can do a quick search and find exactly who claimed what, but it's a moot point, really. Still, all of the uncolonised Syrrinx worlds were claimed by either the Treanuans or the Alizarin - the Syrrinx arm (25, 24, 23) were claimed by the Treanuans, while 7, 16, and 26 are now Alizarin territory.Wow, know what? I am good. No search, just my memory. You should play card-games, Xom, it'll help the memory.IC: The Diemawr hadn't really expected the buy-out to be accepted once an alternative other than hostile takeover was given, so they politely pointed out that 2-27, the world already selected for the Merchant's Star, bordered the claimed territories of all three active Pact races.---Meanwhile, the Golau-a-Gobaith had altered its course to take it to 2-17. Given that this primarily entailed stopping there instead of continuing on through, the scout reached the system fairly quickly.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Fail... Being in your system for so long has messed me up. :PFixed it; thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Veeci

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

OOCOne hour is up, I should be able to arrive at 1-36 now.IC [Leben Prime/Captain Nil'Teth]-rectoned into nonexistence-With that done, the captain then sent a beam to the Leben world."The Natsirt Star Empire wishes to convene with you on the matter of the incident of the survey in Thernian space. We want to know exactly the reasons regarding that incident."

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC(2-17): If the chunk of rock had been in obit around any planet it would have been a moon, but as it was it was in a lonely circle away from any form of habitation it was an asteroid. It had no name, the Alizarin had not deigned to give it one, nor any other piece of debris in the Cordovan Belt. It wouldn't appear on star charts, wouldn't strike interest from any passers-by. The Alizarin had called a meeting on a ghost...The Icterine Gleam of Hope Shining Through the Cosmos landed on the asteroid, using a beacon to attract the incoming Diemawr and Treanuan vessels

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(Cordovan Belt): A quick electronic beep from the Golau-a-Gobaith signalled to the Alizarin that they had arrived as the small scout-ship maneuvered through the belt for a landing on the asteroid. When landing on a natural surface instead of a hangar built by alien hands, the Diemawr ship was surprisingly graceful, sending just a tiny plume of dust spinning off into space as it landed.OOC: Is this meeting going to be conducted in the RPG, or will we follow the TAP's example?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Rover: I play Magic, but that's not what you mean is it? I think I might have some undiagnosed memory problem. That or I'm just absentminded.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCThe TAPs example? You guys patented secret meetings when you discussed the invasion of my space, when Xom was telling me he was going help me. Follow your own example; the TAP wasn't the first, the backstabbing Pact was first.Yeah, still a little sore about the backstabbing thing.

voidstars.png

OOC: Bah, the TAP have held all their meetings since the beginning in secret.Besides, the invasion of your space wasn't a full secret meeting, it was the Syrrinx playing everyone against each other while the Alizarin sat back and giggled.And Xom, I'm thinking more like Poker, Blackjack, or just plain memory games.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: TBH, we never discussed the invasion of Natsirt space. Xom just sent us all a PM saying "We're invading, come join the party" and in my case at least the answer was "No."So really it should be the Syrrinx example :PPutting it in the topic keeps things dramatic (and a bit more fair) and I trust you guys not to metagame so why not just post it? Anything too secretive has already been said in PM anyway :DIC: The Alizarin had emerged from their ship in individual containment suits. They were bouncing along the asteroid and its lower gravity, tentacles suited for grasping the rocky terrain."Welcome Diemawr. We shall await the Treanuans. Then we shall begin."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(Cordovan Belt): The same Diemawr that had attended the Natsirt conference stepped out of the scout-craft, pretty obviously still wearing the exoskeleton. Taking care to avoid any serious missteps in the low gravity, the armored reptile walked over to the Alizarin, gas-jets helping to increase perceived gravity."Let us hope we will not wait long. At the tip of another branch, I must offer you my condolences for the two comrades of yours who were lost above Citamgine."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC(Cordovan Belt): "As are all losses to a dishonorable opponent. You may be assured that when that opponent is discovered, their losses will be greater by an order of magnitude."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ic (1-36): Breathing heavily, a young military courier burst into High-Minister Rahoittaa's office. "Sir, there seems to be a situation arising on the overworld. A Natsirt vessel has just entered our system and a new race identifying themselves as the Treanuans have just appeared as well. We've got a patrol acting as a decoy with our stealth-enabled Wetter'ballon tracking the aliens with their cannons, ready to fire at the first sign of treachery. You've been requested at the broadcasting station."Slightly shocked at the report, the Minister reached for his hat and without further hesitation left with haste. Arriving just in time to catch the Natsirt's message, Rahoittaa began speaking into the mic."Your guess at what preceded the events in the system you call "1-32" is as good as mine. However, if you feel a formal meeting is an order, that can be arranged."The signal was transmitted, the catch was that this subterranean station used the planet itself as an antenna and as a result the signal would not be able to be pin-pointed.

Edited by Veeci

Formerly Vorox Chief.

OOC: I'm not in their home system... At least, I wasn't intending to. I'm in one of their colonies, 1-35.So I'm going to disregard the Natsirt message, because they wouldn't have caught me. :POh, and by the way, the ship is pitch black and running silent. So the only way to catch it is when it transmits to you.IC: The former, and perhaps the latter. While we are exploring this sector for scientific reasons, encountering a new race always raises questions of politics. May we land on your world?IC: The Treanuan ship, another of the scout ships, arrived in 2-17. It landed on the world below.Four orbs floated out of the ship when it opened its doors. They reached the group of delegates, and the air around them shimmered as they projected holograms of four Tsui'nau.Pardon our not coming in person, came the voice of the Grand Proctor. We are somewhat more cautious due to the events in Natsirt space. Greetings cousins, and Diemawr. Why have you called us here?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

Oh, and by the way, the ship is pitch black and running silent. So the only way to catch it is when it transmits to you.

OOC: I have more than enough precedent to use as a basis for saying the following.Hahaha, no. As the previous debate over stealth demonstrated,1. With the energy required by a spaceship and the difficulties of dissipating heat in space, you can't just run silent without stealth-tech.2. Radar exists.If it has stealth tech - which has been codified and placed as a very specific possible addition to a ship, one which takes up a slot - then yes, it can be that sneaky. Otherwise, there's always a chance that it will get noticed.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: It's still a ship with engines. Unless you have the stealth field thingy specified by Xom, it's detectable. Not obvious, but detectable.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Well it has stealth tech, but a one-slot unmanned ship.... That's not going to count for much of anything on my industry. Especially when it refuels how I'm imagining- direct refilling of hydrogen from gas giants, with back up solar panels which negate the stealth tech, but keep it running.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: You're not answering the important question here. Is it the stealth tech Xom introduced after the big argument about stealth? The stealth tech that generates a big black bubble around something but only lasts for an hour or so before you have to shut it off? Or is it a bucket of black paint and a hilarious amount of heat sinks?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: ToA, either you're using the stealth tech or they've caught you.Also: I really like your idea of using Holopresence rather than showing up in person.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: Well, actually, since they aren't in the same system, they still haven't been caught - I'm just trying to get it clarified as to what stealth tech it is for future reference.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Just so you're clear on the fact that that stealth tech absolutely cannot be used continuously.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Good, and very good for me to know that the Treanuans have an interest in stealth tech.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Especially since, up until this point, only the Syrrinx had used it. ToA: Why are you bothering to decode the Syrrinx genome when you can look it up in seriously any public library, or on the planet's Net?

-Rover

OOC: Probably because he didn't expect the Syrrinx to be that careless with information like that.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Syrrinx are careless with a lot more information than you'd expect. Stupid races don't build starships, but looking at some things the Syrrinx do, you'd be halfway to disagreeing

-Rover

OOC: One would not expect races that value armor more than engines to build starships, but, well... The Diemawr kind of busted that myth.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom