Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

IC(Cordovan Belt): "Confirmed. Given the improbability of a direct Natsirt assault on our worlds, we will begin moving a significant portion of our fleet to cover the border."OOC: Can't attack the Diemawr directly without coming through Sector 6, can't go through Sector 6 without running into my own little blockade.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Leben Prime/Head Admiral]The vessels materialized into existence over Leben Prime, holding seven million kilometers away from the planet. An opening salvo came without any warning; any space based complexes were targeted with the smaller weaponry while the planet itself was launched upon with the large weapons. There was no warning, only the salvo. Missiles, railgun rounds, and lasers alike burst throughout the void, all while sensors locked onto enemy vessels in orbit and computed the targeting calculations. A message came in as the first weapons began to hit the atmosphere;“We have chosen to target areas our sensors deemed to have no settlements, above or below ground. There will be earthquakes but we doubt it’ll cause many civilian causalities. Consider it a warning; surrender immediately and your worlds will be annexed into the Natsirt Star Empire and the Osalieli Imperium. Failure to comply will result in the destruction of your fleet, the bombardment of your worlds, and the invasion of your peoples.” Pause. “Fight and your people will suffer. Surrender, and they will not be harmed.”The transmission cut off, the fleet ready with charged weapons. The flagships had orders to target the planet if surrender was not complied with. Genocide would not happen in accordance with the TAP charter, but it would make the Leben know that they were fighting a hopeless battle.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC:...All members of the IIA that are not Dr. Evil:davros-journeys-end.jpgOfficial IIA motto: Daleks Natsirt must survive.IC: Gryman-o-Bydoedd, 9 Brawd-dur, and 4 Marwolaeth en-route to the Alizarin/Natsirt border.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCYeah that sums them up pretty well. The survival of their species transcends everything for them.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Remind me to never let the Natsirt get their hands on a Reality Bomb, or else the Lord President's going to have to put down his Stealth Chess set, hop into the AADCYYG (Blame the Welsh) and sort things out personally.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: We will send our fleet there. Fight well, brothers.The holograms blinked out, the orbs returning to the ship, where a water-filled chamber awaited the Alizarin. Not incredibly comfortable, but it would work.OOC: Hey Alex... Since in actuality you wouldn't be able to catch me that easily if Veeci had posted by now, and I'd be on-planet.... Don't go popping in and spot me now. That's just not cool. :P

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC(Cordovan Belt): The Alizarin on the Diemawr vessel, meanwhile, would have to remain in their containment suits until they reached the embassy on Diemwnt-Drwg, because the Diemawr hadn't exactly expected to be ferrying about aquatic species.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCNo post/PM/IM=Never happened. However, you're going have other things to worry about here in a moment. Like being in the space of someone being invaded.IC [1-42/Captain Nil'Uya]As per orders, a signal Homeworld class vessel broke off formation, jumping out of the system and to the neighboring 1-42. It gave an opening salvo similar to the one given at Leben Prime, the shots directed so they would skim off the atmosphere. If it encountered resistance it would fall back; if not, it would have the important duty of watching over the world until occupational forces arrives.[1-35/Osalieli]A Sicarii and Praetorian jumped into the system, holding out at ten million kilometers. Unlike the Natsirt the Imperium vessels had no interest in an opening salvo, instead content to simply broadcast a message on FTL and STL wavelengths."This world is now under control of the Osalieli Imperium. Your fleets will stand down and your world will be annexed. A fleet is flying over your homeworld as we speak; resistance is futile."Like the Natsirt vessel, if any military resistance was encountered that couldn't be overcome the pair of ships would leave the system, but they doubted that would happen. It would appear most of the enemy fleet was centered on their homeworld.OOCNow, the Treanuans are going broadcast back that the TAP has invaded, and we're going see if the Alizarin honor the fact that was time it happened, they shrugged and said whatever.

voidstars.png

OOCLemme see, it was in 1-35, so that's, what, three jumps until you get back into S2?This is going to be good. Now, hopefully, Veeci will keep his promise that he's going be more active this week, otherwise the entire Kalarii fleet, half of the Osailei fleet, and the entire Natsirt fleet are going be tied up invading a non-present species.IC [Citamgine/New Horizons]The vessel, after having been in dry dock for so long it had space dust accumulating on it, was put back into active service. The Kalarii had informed the TAP about their colonization plans, and thus the New Horizons was being tasked with the important duty of dropping off land claiming beacons.OOCThe New Horizons was my superdoper special scout ship; no weaponry, and it can make jumps in half the time -thirty minutes instead of an hour-, so it speeds up the process significantly. It will be 16 hours before it reaches 3-28, at which point it will place claiming beacons on 3-28, 3-27, 6-50, 6-49, 6-46, 6-44, and 6-43. The beacons are broadcasting land claim for the TAP in general; not any specific race. Standard message; this land is claimed by the TAP, yadda yadda, attempts to colonize this system will be considered an act of war. It'll take four hours to drop off all the beacons, meaning in twenty hours the entire mission will be done, so that means... mission complete at 2100 hours CST. I think.

Edited by Sweetroll Thief Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOCUh, ToA? That ship you have over Leben Prime? It's the same bloody one you sent to the meeting.I know it's you.

voidstars.png

IC(Cordovan Belt): As the Alizarin boarded the allied ships the deposited something in the hands and tentacles of the host captains. A few sheets of metal, with lines of engraving.Clearly the Alizarin had stepped up their paranoia a notch. They were so concerned about transmissions being overheard they'd written down the instructions. No signal meant no chance of interception. No electronics meant nothing could be hacked. A remarkably simple way of making sure the instructions were kept 'for your eyes only'

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [Leben Prime/Head Admiral]With the multitude of sensors, it didn't take long for the vessels to detect the Treanuan ship. A quick system check confirmed it was the same vessel as the one at the diplomatic meeting, and this information was not taken very well at the military command of Citamgine. So the Last Breath of the Enemy sent a transmission to the vessel."Treanuan vessel; you are in violation of the blockade set in place of the Great Passage. You will leave this sector immediately or be fired upon."

voidstars.png

OOC: Er, right. Mind sending me a PM so I know exactly what the little sheets of metal say? It might be almost 1, but I slept through half of the morning, and since it wasn't the first half of the morning, I'm more out-of-it than usual.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: The vessel sent a short reply.Technically, since you invited this ship past the blockade, and it hasn't left, we're in violation of nothing. All the same, goodbye- but the pact will know of this invasion.With that, it warped into Natsirt territory and stealthed.After an hour, when the engines had vented, it unstealthed, and warped into Sector 2.However, before leaving, it sent one last transmission, of only two words.Tread lightly.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCThe Treanuans really are thick, aren't they? Strange, for a species made out of jelly. The buoys said official TAP business. Being 'invited' past the blockade does not give one the ability to disobey the blockade rules. If it weren't for the fact that the Alizarin-Diemawr alliance is so strong, the god jellyfish would have their atmosphere burning right about now. IC [Citamgine/Star Control]The Treanuans, before warping back into sector 2, received an audio message that is best described as 'screw you', but in an ancient Natsirt dialect that would take the Treanuan computer a little while to translate. Another slightly more formal message informed the Treanuans to learn to read/listen/see/whatever better, as the buoys had said 'official TAP business only', and negotiating with the Leben was not official TAP business. The invitation was simply to conduct TAP delegations, in other words, official business, and the Treanuans negotiating with the Leben was not considered official TAP business. It also included a memo saying that the Alizarin were already aware the TAP was taking retaliatory action, so the Treanuan threat of telling the Pact was hollow.OOCSomewhere, a room is full of admirals laughing at the 'tread lightly' remark. In case you haven't noticed yet, the Natsirt see the Treanuans as religious zealots and overly pompous jellyfish; with the terrorist attack and a new wave of xenophobia, the Natsirt have the Treanuans marked very high on the list of 'people to kill.'

voidstars.png

OOCI'd still say I stand a fair chance as the Treanuans, one on one. Numbers aren't everything, as Rover pointed out. Now, when you're outnumbered three to one, they count, but I'd say if I plotted my strategy carefully I could take the Treanuans on. Might ruin the industry I get from conquering the worlds but it'd be possible. Atmospheric explosives, meteorite bombardment, nuclear detonation of super volcanoes, there's plenty of stuff one could do in regards to pacifying a planet. The fleet battles would be the real trick, but again, with proper tactics and a lot of RPing one could manage to gain the upper hand.

voidstars.png

OOC: You could always challenge the Trenuans to a one-on-one war, making sure that no allies would intervene.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCYeah right; as if anyone is going trust me now, and I trust the Diemawr as far as I can throw them. Which considering I lack any upper body muscle strength, is barely a millimeter away. Going to war with the Treanuans means putting myself at risk of a massive Alizarin-Diemawr counterstrike while my fleet is busy killing jellyfish.

voidstars.png

OOC: Given the map structure, you might not even bet to kill any Treanuans before their allies bring the hammer down.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCPhase four? Boi, you go through phases way too quick. You were, what, on phase 1 a week ago? Galactic domination needs to be in simple steps and short lists of said steps, not hundred step lists.Speaking of massive posts, I need to make one. Preferably to see the full effects of the terrorist attack. Until that time;IC [Citamgine/General]The upgraded fighters were completed, and repairs were nearing completion for the starbase in orbit of Citamgine.

voidstars.png

OOC: Yeah, ToA, your phases could probably be condensed a bit.In other news, Ynys Trysor is now self-sustaining. Not yet decided on what I'll do with the 1 loose IP I now have.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCYou could build a sensor detection FTL network. *shrug*

voidstars.png

OOC: Yeah, but I've really got no need for one. Nobody that's an enemy of the Diemawr is in a position to sneak up on them without going through the Alizarin sensor nets first.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Skobeloff (really really need more blue-green names...) now a Protectorate. Beginning Ground Fortification constructionIC: On Glaucous a ceremony was taking place. While before the fleet had been small enough to rely on individual Navigators to organise, the increased size required key figures to organise the blockade. The new rank of 'Herder' had been created, and four of the Alizarin's best navigators had been promoted to the role; Fulvous Isebelline-Flash was the Herder of the small-class ships, Sky Avocado-Fade was put in command of the medium ships, Fuschia-Fandango-Twist had command of the large ships, and in position of High-Herder, the one to whom all the others reported, was Sinopia Flame. They'd take command of their flagships on the Line to better watch the blockadeOOC: I can make some pretty cool sounding names using only colours. Who knew?

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Ooc: Regarding "fist-fights", I am aware of the massive forces at work, and had I not been tied up life I would have continued on with a different maneuver. My original plan was not to strike at that speed; thinking one could survive that is just ridiculous. The reason I went along with it was just to expedite the game. But I do argue that it's still a valid form of fighting, albeit rather ineffective. If one of my ships can match an enemies speed and general direction then the forces at work are not nearly as potent, i.e. not an instant giant explosion of death and stuff. Anywho, on with meeting my certain demise.Ic (1-36): Rahoitta trembled, what were the Natsirt thinking? Had they become as insane as Niikka? Shaking his head clear of the distracting thoughts the High-Minister began to bark orders to various leaders across the planet and rapidly composed a response to the guests overhead.Judging by your boisterous actions I presume there's no chance you'll reconsider this fiendish and unprovoked attack. During a previous time, before the invasion of the Alizarin, I would have gladly conceded into your Imperium. But you have shone your true nature, not once, but twice as of this day, the 37th of See, year 148 of the 6th age of Civilisation. I speak for my people in that I would rather die fighting than be led by war-mongering vermin like you. Have a nice day.-High-Minister of Finance & Industry, Rahoitta TeollisuusAcross Kaltviede civilians and the military alike began to prepare for the inevitable. Tunnels were barricaded, Striders were sent towards the surface, cities resting in the higher layers of the planet were evacuated, and instructions were sent to ships across the stars.Rounding the planet a single Tinte, accompanied with four small Klein class vessels, broke formation and began to open fire. On the very edge of the system a single stealthed Wetter'ballon warped out of the system towards the Natsirt blockade.Ic (1-35): The captain of the Tinte within the system had just received his orders when the Osalieli ships warped in. As instructed, he was to give peace if shown peace, which in this case the Osalieli did. "I am under the notion that there is a large misunderstanding. Under what crimes have the Leben been accused of?"Ic (1-42): The Homeworld arrived to see nothing, not a ship in the sky. Fifteen minutes of silent void later and a blinding EM spike shone out in all directions around the Natsirt vessel. Four Wetter'ballon, each fifty-thousand kilometers away, encircled the enemy ship; their cannons, already charged, fired. Globules of concentrated acids hurled towards the single ship. Ooc:Fleet Standings:1-36:

• [*]1 Tinte (10 Fighters)[*]1 Wetter'Ballon[*]4 Klein

1-35:

• [*]1 Tinte (10 FIghters)[*]2 Wetter'Ballon[*]4 Klein

1-42:

• [*]4 Wetter'Ballon[*]1 Klein

Oh, and just for the record, Kaltveide is the name for "Leben Prime" in 1-36.

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

OOCYeah, but Leben Prime is easier to remember. I call everyone's homeworlds that; Alizarin Prime, Diemawr Prime, Kalarii Prime, etc.IC [1-42/Nil'Uya]"Hard, 90 degrees x axis now!" The ship leaned sharply, moving quickly as the crew was subjected to a gee force of four. It took a moment for the crew to start breathing again but they were quick enough to recover. "Full spread of the flak guns, target all ships with the rail and machine guns; fire on my mark! Lieutenant, prep the jump drive!"The ship rocked slightly, the power dimming as explosions were heard."Sir, one of their blasts hit our left side! Compartments depressurizing and deck five reports ten causalities!""Mark!"The ship let loose it's full spread of weapons, all railguns and machineguns targeting a single Wetter'Ballon and the flak guns spreading pieces of metal into space, before the ship distorted and dematerialized, running to regroup with the main fleet.[Leben Prime/Head Admiral]"They have made their choice." The Head Admiral flipped the comm on. "Attention to all vessels; we are go for assault."With that the attack began, vessels breaking off as the chaos began. As per orders, the three flagships first opened fire on the planet, targeting randomly with their main cannons then turning back to the fight. The Natsirt and Osalieli flagships, two Homeworlds and two Praetorians locked their main cannons onto the Tinte, opening fire with a truly devastating salvo while flak cannons and point defenses shot off at any fighters that came near. The smaller vessels of the fleet held position around the large vessels, protecting them from fighter sweeps while assisting in adding to the chaos that was unfolding.[1-42/Imperium]"No crimes have been charged; the Trilateral Alliance of Planets has decided to annex your worlds into it's hold."

voidstars.png

Ic (1-36): Blood filled the void. Victory over Kaltveide was not an option. The Leben were outgunned and outnumbered. The fighters and small class vessels delved into the atmosphere in retreat, many venting billowing smoke. Only the Tinte stood behind. The massive, one-thousand-meter-long squid began to fire its cannons into the TAP fleet, gaining speed as it closed in."What's the integrity of the main skull-plate?""Dropping quickly sir, sixty-seven percent," a grim pilot replied."Engine status?""Pushing eighty percent.""Make it ninety. How's the oxygen garden?""I don't think this it the ti... Ah, I see... Fully functional, sir. We have a full supply in storage as well.""Excellent. Onward and fear not pain or death!"Sparks began to fly as metal rounds collided with the chitinous armor of the Leben flagship, a trail of blood lining the path it had taken. Deep beneath the surface tremors were felt as the first salvo collided with the frozen ground several miles above. Massive smoldering craters began to erupt lighting up the Leben night-sky.Ic (1-35): Evasive maneuvers were taken, the horseshoe-crab-looking creatures danced around the barrage of metal, escaping most of the large debris. Little injury was taken, a limb appendage here, a depressurized deck there. Two of the Wetter'ballon cloaked themselves and continued to circle the planet, the other pair left in pursuit of the Homeworld, warping on to 1-36.Ic (1-42): "That's absurd. Even if you claim our planets and our factories, what use are they to you. Your minds are filled with stone, clockwork, and lightning, what use are ligaments and blood? You have shown yourself as a peaceful kind, let us be."Ooc:Fleet Standings:1-36:

• [*]1 Tinte (8 Fighters)[*]1 Wetter'ballon[*]3 Klein[*]2 Wetter'ballon enroute

1-35:

• [*]1 Tinte (10 FIghters)[*]2 Wetter'ballon[*]4 Klein

1-42:

• [*]2 Wetter'Ballon[*]1 Klein

Single Wetter'ballon in 1-38, warping to 1-39.

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.

OOCYou know your ship just got shot up with, like, at least two large weapons and six mediums? Your carrier is six different kinds of screwed at this point.IC [1-42/Imperium]"I am afraid that even if we were to turn away now, the Natsirt would simply come with their own invasion forces. They are a brutal people, and their invasion will not be kind to your world or your people. Our occupation, compared to theirs, will be much kinder to this planet."[Leben Prime/Head Admiral]"Sir, they are retreating into the atmosphere." An ensign said on the bridge of the Last Breath of the Enemy. "Shall we pursue?""No; keep firing our weapons at it, in the state they're in they won't survive re-entry and we'll just help them along the way. Let none escape alive; we can't have enemy craft harassing our invasion forces." The Head Admiral grimaced. "Tell the Kalarii and Osalieli the battle may already be over; we have them hopelessly outnumbered. Send a transmission to homeworld; the invasion of Leben Prime will soon be underway."

voidstars.png

Ooc: I suppose that's true... but I've been meaning to do something for a while and I wanted to, at least, get to do it once. :PIc (1-36): The crippled Tinte trudged forward without a concern for its own well-being. Massive cracks began to appear across the skull-plate of the ship. Then suddenly, it was gone, nothing but black empty space and stars where the beast once stood. The two Wetter'ballon appeared behind the TAP fleet, discouraged by the apparent lack of friendly vessels. The duo blipped off the radar as they activated their stealth fields.The TAP fleet was left in silence.Ic (1-35): "... It seems we have no other option. Very well, we concede this system to the Osalieli, and you alone. However, we refuse to allow the Natsirt to gain control of our homes and we must leave to defend our brethren. Will you grant us this?"Ooc:Fleet Standings:1-36:

• [*]1 Tinte (8 Fighters)[*]3 Wetter'Ballon[*]3 Klein

1-35:

• [*]1 Tinte (10 FIghters)[*]2 Wetter'Ballon[*]4 Klein

1-42:

• [*]2 Wetter'Ballon[*]1 Klein

Single stealthed Wetter'ballon in 1-39, warping to 2-5.And I believe you've got 1-42 and 35 mixed up.

Formerly Vorox Chief.

OOCIt would appear I did mess up the numbers. Sorry.IC [1-35/Osalieli]"Go; fight. You will not win, but you may as well try."[Leben Prime/Head Admiral]"...That's it?" The admiral leaned forward, looking at the screen. "I would of expected a more intense fight.""Sir, we detected vanishing EM signatures; they may have stealthed ships attempting to run the blockade.""Let them; I doubt the Pact will do anything for them now." The admiral leaned back, settling into the seat. "Tell the fleet to begin blockade formation; no ship leaves this planet alive. The Kalarii will handle the blockading of these worlds while we return for repairs. Bring us around and prepare for jump."

voidstars.png

OOC: I find the degree of control you have over the Osalieli... interesting.IC: Fleet movements complete - Diemawr military fleet now on the Alizarin side of the Interstellar Line, Golau-a-Gobaith now at Diemwnt-Drwg.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom