Is this feature able to be implemented?

Saint-14

Hello! So, the other day, I received an email on my inbox from BZPower. The topic line read "You have received a warning!" Naturally, this freaked me out, and caused a small bit of panic. However, it turned out to be just a proto boost (thanks, BlackSix) for a being a news source

This got me thinking, though, about what might happen with a member that has an anxiety or panic disorder. They might be a really helpful user, but when they get a proto boost, and it comes up as a warning! I'm not sure how they might react, and it may cause trigger an attack. That being said, is it possible to have an indication that doesn't read "You have received a warning" so that it doesn't cause any panic attacks?

Thanks for reading, and I'd understand if it couldn't be implemented, seeing as how Proto appears to be linked to the warning system

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I would recommend starting a suggestion in the tracker if there isn't one already.

The reason it shows up as a warning is because of the way BZP implemented proto. Proto is a modified version of IP.Board's warning feature, where 5 is neutral, 0-4 is below neutral, and 6-10 is higher proto. Because of this, earning a proto point is treated as receiving a warn point, and that is why the message is displayed as such.

bBhcfWO.png

For some reason, I was under the impression that the staff can change the title thing, but they sort of leave it there as a cruel joke surprise.

Personally, I remember knowing about how this was, so I wasn't (too) much frightened when I got my email(s). (I can actually only really remember the first one, for some reason.)

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Technically, the admins should be able to change the wording - if they take the time to look through the board software files and modify the right file manually and of course remember which one it was so they could make the change every time the board software had to be updated, most likely losing the manual change. I guess they just didn't consider it worth the effort.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm not sure it's possible - the Proto system does indeed depend on IPB's warning system. But it wouldn't hurt to open a suggestion in the Tracker, as Reznas said. That's where suggestions for BZP as a whole go.

5 is neutral, 0-4 is below neutral, and 6-10 is higher proto. Because of this, earning a proto point is treated as receiving a warn point, and that is why the message is displayed as such.

Spoilers - it actually works like this: 0-5 is neutral to full Proto, and 6-10 is below neutral to empty. Coincidentally, all FLs and above did well on the math section of the SATs.

Anyway, please head to the Tracker! Closed in favor of a suggestion ticket.

• Upvote 3