Two thoughts on Elements

All elements as subpowers of the main six (except psionics, they're WAY too broad to be an element). Deal with it.

Even The Green? How could plantlife be somehow related to any of the six (and don't say air, they have nothing in common except for respiration, which only vascular plants can perform)1. And how is magnetism connected to any of them? Or sonics? Or gravity? Or light and shadow, what connection do they have with the six? 

EDIT: 1Well, some nonvascular plants do have leaves such as a few types of liverworts, but most of them don't. Sadly, I'm not educated enough in botany to know if they affect the respiration or not. If they don't, then my previous argument stands. If they do, then most nonvascular plants save them don't have leaves that perform respiration. Anyway, you get the gist. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

All elements as subpowers of the main six (except psionics, they're WAY too broad to be an element). Deal with it.

Even The Green? How could plantlife be somehow related to any of the six (and don't say air, they have nothing in common except for respiration, which only vascular plants can perform). And how is magnetism connected to any of them? Or sonics? Or gravity? Or light and shadow, what connection do they have with the six? 

Gravity is kiiinda a subcatagory of earth, in most people's eyes anyway.

(certainly easier than taking a scientific approach, where gravity is based on the mass of two objects in relation to each other. oops.)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Even The Green? How could plantlife be somehow related to any of the six (and don't say air, they have nothing in common except for respiration, which only vascular plants can perform). And how is magnetism connected to any of them? Or sonics? Or gravity? Or light and shadow, what connection do they have with the six? 

(certainly easier than taking a scientific approach, where gravity is based on the mass of two objects in relation to each other. oops.)

You have a good point, especially with the fandom's suspicion of Onepu being a Ba-Matoran. 

However (real world physics, *sigh*) gravity doesn't just affect earth. Air is affected, which is why planets have atmospheres. I'd say that most of the elements have some connection to gravity, although there are a few exceptions. 

Technically gravity doesn't just apply to objects' mass, since it can manipulate photons. But that's a whole different area. Eh. 

bZpOwEr

You have a good point, especially with the fandom's suspicion of Onepu being a Ba-Matoran. 

However (real world physics, *sigh*) gravity doesn't just affect earth. Air is affected, which is why planets have atmospheres. I'd say that most of the elements have some connection to gravity, although there are a few exceptions. 

Technically gravity doesn't just apply to objects' mass, since it can manipulate photons. But that's a whole different area. Eh. 

I was honestly grasping to find what gravity meant there, i'm not the most well-learned person in the world oops.

but yeah, for bionicle's sake, it'd probs be considered earth-related. (or, as you bring up, it could be air-based.)

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

• 2 weeks later...

Even The Green? How could plantlife be somehow related to any of the six (and don't say air, they have nothing in common except for respiration, which only vascular plants can perform)1. And how is magnetism connected to any of them? Or sonics? Or gravity? Or light and shadow, what connection do they have with the six? 

I'm just throwing ideas out there:

Air -> Sonics (soundwaves)

Stone -> Iron/Magnetism (the first magnets were made of magnetic stones, and stone seems more metallic than earth)

Earth -> Gravity (we often associate the idea of gravity with earth - falling down to earth, earth being the source of most of our experiences with gravity)

Water -> Ice, tbh, but it could also be The Green (plantlife is full of water - so are animals, but I guess in a thematic way, water and plants evokes the idea of nature better than it does for water and animals)

Fire -> Plasma/lightning (although I think plasma is more viable)

Ice -> Psionics, but that's really stretching the boundaries of logic.

Light and shadow could be introduced as separate elements like the last gen.

• Upvote 1

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey