G2 Kanohi Powers

So far it seems the new Kanohi only grant a range of elemental powers.

Which is cool, and perhaps we'll find out more about the masks as the story continues.

I do miss the unique "super powers" that each individual Toa possessed back in G1.

If you could assign each new Kanohi a power, what would they be?

My list:

1. Tahu - Mask of invisibility (yes, I think this power belongs to G2 Tahu. Also runs in the Fire Toa family)

2. Kopaka - Mask of Shielding (due to massive shield and animations hinting at the idea. Could probably protect him from avalanches).

The other Toa's G1 abilities should remain as they are in my opinion, so I felt no need to list them.

• Upvote 1

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

Well if G2 was doing the same G1 mask, my list would be:

Kopaka - Shielding (my reason is the same as yours Kalija)

Gali - Water Breathing (I think you'll know why)

Lewa - Flight (he can fly)

Onua - I don't know yet

Pohatu - Tornado (because he can do a tornado)

Tahu - I don't know yet

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Well if G2 was doing the same G1 mask, my list would be:

Kopaka - Shielding (my reason is the same as yours Kalija)

Gali - Water Breathing (I think you'll know why)

Lewa - Flight (he can fly)

Onua - I don't know yet

Pohatu - Tornado (because he can do a tornado)

Tahu - I don't know yet

Gali: I prefer her being able to breath underwater than needing a mask to do so.

Lewa: Same as Gali.

Pohatu: Tornado masks exsist?

• Upvote 1

Tahu - Calix, mask of Fate. This goes with his tricksy ability to always come up smelling of roses, no matter how bad things get.

Gali - Kakama, Mask of Speed. She swims pretty darned fast, and this will allow her to move just as quickly on land

Lewa - Mask of Regeneration. "Channel the resilience of the jungle", anyone? Otherwise, the Volitak, Mask of Stealth

Pohatu - Ruru, Mask of night vision. If he didn't have one from the beginning, he'd find one, as it'd go a long way to helping him get over his fear of the dark.

Onua - Arthron, Great Mask of Sonar. Since he spends a lot of time 'meditating' or digging, let's give him something like tremorsense, so he can sense where he's digging.

Kopaka - Hau, Mask of Sheiding. Yes, only because we've seen him form a shield out of ice a few times...

And that's my choices. The Protectors should probably keep their elemental masks.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Wait, if we are assigning new powers to the masks, why would you assign a redundant power that the Toa Tool already accomplishes?

Kopaka's shield already makes a forcefield, and Pohatu's Stormerangs already let him make tornados. :P

Call me old fashioned, but I would just give the Toa their G1 mask powers back.

They were memorable and well-suited to the characters, which you would expect as they were the first mask powers that the story team came up with. They also lasted the whole ten years without being changed, suggesting that they were pretty popular with fans.

To integrate them into the G2 story, I would have it that the "regular" Toa masks have the G1 powers but the Toa have to learn to access them. The Golden Masks would still be masks of the elements, because that is what the story has already revealed. Perhaps the Golden Masks were only needed to "unlock" the Toa's elemental powers and after that they could freely switch back to the G1-power masks to gain their extra abilities.

• Upvote 1
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Take all this into consideration, and then remember that all the Toa except Gali have a (semi)transparent mask. Tahu has the orange from the Hero Pack, Pohatu has yellow, Lewa's got green, Kopaka has light blue, and Onua has the purple one. These masks could have those additional powers that aren't necessarily elemental. What do you guys think?

• Upvote 1

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Wait, if we are assigning new powers to the masks, why would you assign a redundant power that the Toa Tool already accomplishes?

Kopaka's shield already makes a forcefield, and Pohatu's Stormerangs already let him make tornados. :P

Call me old fashioned, but I would just give the Toa their G1 mask powers back.

They were memorable and well-suited to the characters, which you would expect as they were the first mask powers that the story team came up with. They also lasted the whole ten years without being changed, suggesting that they were pretty popular with fans.

To integrate them into the G2 story, I would have it that the "regular" Toa masks have the G1 powers but the Toa have to learn to access them. The Golden Masks would still be masks of the elements, because that is what the story has already revealed. Perhaps the Golden Masks were only needed to "unlock" the Toa's elemental powers and after that they could freely switch back to the G1-power masks to gain their extra abilities.

Or the originals could be powerless and the transparent ones from this summer could have the G1 powers,

Wait a second...! So, Kalija mentioned that Tahu's additional mask power could be invisibility, and... uh... Tahu has a clear mask. Not the Hero Pack trans-orange one, the Comic-con trans-white mask! That could very well be a mask of invisibility. Oh-ho, this speculation stuff is fun!

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Wait a second...! So, Kalija mentioned that Tahu's additional mask power could be invisibility, and... uh... Tahu has a clear mask. Not the Hero Pack trans-orange one, the Comic-con trans-white mask! That could very well be a mask of invisibility. Oh-ho, this speculation stuff is fun!

I don't think its too far fetched to imagine new abilities (perhaps invisibility) to be incorporated in the story. After all, character development is important and these masks could be a good compliment to each Toa's individuality.

• Upvote 1

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

Personally I really prefer the way the new masks just unlock greater elemental mastery. Narrowing the new masks' powers down to a single ability that may or may not have any connection to the character's element and personality doesn't really appeal to me.

However, I LOVE Kopaka's "Frost Sphere" ability as an extension of his ice powers and his icy, guarded personality, so if his Mask of Ice or Golden Mask of Ice were limited to any one power, I'd probably want it to be that. Using that as a starting point, I think Onua's mask power could be his Earthquake ability (tied to his physical strength and grounded attitude), Tahu's could be his Flame Spin ability (tied to his fiery aggression and courage), and Pohatu's could be his Sandstorm ability (tied to his stony resilience). Lewa's mask power could be his Blade Flight ability (tied to his adventurousness and closeness with nature), and Gali's could be her Wavestorm ability (tied to her protean temperament). In all cases, these could be thought of as higher-level elemental abilities.

• Upvote 1