Which Toa do you want to be the Leader of the Toa of Okoto?

Leader of the Toa of Okoto  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe, like, there shouldn't really be a leader, if that could even possibly work

Unity and all that

Do the three virtues exist in Gen2?

No mention of them as of yet, but the Toa did learn to work and fight together as a team in episode 8, so maybe.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

I don't think that they will bring UDD back--

NARRATOR: It was the power of this prophecy that made six elemental heroes to rain down upon Okoto. Who they really were remained a mystery. But it was their destiny to defeat evil and save the island.

[...]

PROTECTOR: Do you still doubt your destiny, Tahu? Come with me, we have no time to waste!

[...]

Know this, Tahu - the shadows of the shrines hold stronger enemies than you could ever imagine. Be brave. Be strong. Believe in your destiny.

Never mind.

Edited by fishers64

NARRATOR: It was the power of this prophecy that made six elemental heroes to rain down upon Okoto. Who they really were remained a mystery. But it was their destiny to defeat evil and save the island.

[...]

PROTECTOR: Do you still doubt your destiny, Tahu? Come with me, we have no time to waste!

[...]

Know this, Tahu - the shadows of the shrines hold stronger enemies than you could ever imagine. Be brave. Be strong. Believe in your destiny.

Never mind.

That's just Destiny, no mention of Unity or Duty. If I remember, the Three Virtues were introduced very early on in the gen1 story, so while I don't necessarily think it's too late to bring it back, why would they?

[...]

[...]

Never mind.

That's just Destiny, no mention of Unity or Duty. If I remember, the Three Virtues were introduced very early on in the gen1 story, so while I don't necessarily think it's too late to bring it back, why would they?

Pretty sure the UDD was released in 2003 with the Mask of Light Movie. 

Anyway, if they wanted to bring Unity Duty Destiny back, they've already introduced the most confusing virtue, destiny, back in as the story has opportunity. The other virtues haven't had an opportunity to be added in yet, which could indicate that they will be added in as the story has opportunity. (We've already had a scene showing teamwork beating LoSS, so I have the feeling that Unity isn't far away, even if it is never named.)

But you asked why would they? Probably the same reason they introduced it in the first place - an easy moral code that's easy to remember and acronym. It actually reduces confusion as to how the "good" morals of the Toa work, and compacts it down into three little words like any good marketing tagline. 

[...]

[...]

Never mind.

Pretty sure the UDD was released in 2003 with the Mask of Light Movie. 

Anyway, if they wanted to bring Unity Duty Destiny back, they've already introduced the most confusing virtue, destiny, back in as the story has opportunity. The other virtues haven't had an opportunity to be added in yet, which could indicate that they will be added in as the story has opportunity. (We've already had a scene showing teamwork beating LoSS, so I have the feeling that Unity isn't far away, even if it is never named.)

But you asked why would they? Probably the same reason they introduced it in the first place - an easy moral code that's easy to remember and acronym. It actually reduces confusion as to how the "good" morals of the Toa work, and compacts it down into three little words like any good marketing tagline. 

I can see your point there. Maybe the Protector of Ice already told Kopaka about all this, and these are the strict morals he works hard to keep? That'd be interesting.

Maybe, like, there shouldn't really be a leader, if that could even possibly work

Unity and all that

Do the three virtues exist in Gen2?

As a value system, probably not (at least, not from what we've seen). But as individual values, of course! BIONICLE G1 didn't invent the concepts of "unity", "duty", and "destiny", it plucked them from real-life philosophies. There's no reason to think those concepts wouldn't exist in BIONICLE G2.

I would not mind a new value system for G2, though. "Unity, Duty, Destiny" was fairly trite. The only time those three virtues had any real depth was in Mata Nui Online Game II where they were the foundation for the Matoran villages' more nuanced principles (courage, purity, faith, creation, prosperity, and peace), which were in turn the foundation of their skills (strength, speed, accuracy, strategy, stamina, and willpower) and the antithesis of the Rahkshi powers (fear, poison, fragmentation, disintegration, hunger, and anger).

But I don't see why "unity" should mean not having a leader. Being a leader does not mean you are more important or more skilled than your teammates. It just means that the skill that makes you important is your ability to direct others.

Still, I don't think there should be no leader because of the value of unity. It never worked like that.

Heck, look at democracies in the real world. Sure, everyone is on equal footing, but they usually elect a leader.

That was exactly my point.

The "Heck" in the beginning of my comment was showing that I agreed with you, and I was just providing another example.

Still, I don't think there should be no leader because of the value of unity. It never worked like that.

Heck, look at democracies in the real world. Sure, everyone is on equal footing, but they usually elect a leader.

That was exactly my point.

The "Heck" in the beginning of my comment was showing that I agreed with you, and I was just providing another example.

Oh well.