Fifty Years of LEGO

The folks over at Mashable have put together an infographic highlighting some statistics showing the growth of LEGO over the past fifty years. Make sure you check out the 'Most Popular Themes' section, as a personal favorite of many members here gets a mention. It's definitely interesting to see some of the areas where LEGO has been making strides, and it's very clear that they owe a lot of their success to Star Wars - but Bionicle is there too helping to carry the weight!

View the full article

I have to question the criteria they used to determine the five most popular LEGO themes. Not because I don't think BIONICLE would be on there, but rather because Farm is on there, and Farm has never existed as a theme of its own. It's only ever been a sub-category of themes like City, Town, and Duplo. The first two of those are already listed separately, and the last of those they claim to have deliberately excluded.

They also mention Duplo having "the most sets", which is not the best metric for determining overall popularity. This is the kind of thing where citations would have been valuable.

• Upvote 2

If the ones with tangible data are at least accurate, then I've been able to work on the set with the most pieces. Nice.

I don't think I've ever heard of the Serious Play things before, but if I had money, time, and ideas to generate from them, that might be worth the investment, if even just for all the pieces.

©1984-2015 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

While I agree that the accuracy of the information is questionable, I have to admit the infographics are very nicely designed.

And also, if this is accurate to go on, it's super impressive that BIONICLE reached into the top 5 despite being on hiatus for five years. Great job to this amazing line. :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

If the ones with tangible data are at least accurate, then I've been able to work on the set with the most pieces. Nice.

I don't think I've ever heard of the Serious Play things before, but if I had money, time, and ideas to generate from them, that might be worth the investment, if even just for all the pieces.

©1984-2015 Toaraga EAM

I think Serious Play was for business applications. 

AΨ 94

©1984-2015 Toaraga EAM

I think Serious Play was for business applications. 

Yep. Serious Play sets are designed for team-building and creative thinking workshops.