Bone Heads of Okoto

emily

So this got put up on the official BIONICLE VK page - a map of the Ancient City of the Mask Makers.

http://i.imgur.com/LXaoPPa.jpg

http://biosector01.c...IONICLE_Map.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot... Heads logo.jpg

I don't know what you're playing at, LEGO, but whatever it is, good freaking job.

• Upvote 11

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I wonder if that's gonna be the winter 2016 storyline, lol.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

You can obviously tell its just an aerial view of the Ancient city the Toa are heading to for the winter wave, it even has the bridge leading to the city. It's really cool they kinda made it a homage to the original design for Mata Nui and I hope we get this in English soon. Could someone translate the text? Hopefully we get more stuff like this to flesh out the lore a little better.

See: ancient_okoto_city.jpg

Edited by ToaDraco
  • Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Just following up on this discovery:

- the mouth is the Mask Maker's forge, which has a fire motif just as the Mangai that made Mata-Nui's mouth did.

- the Ancient City is the home of the Skulls. And it's shaped like the Boneheads island. Boneheads. Skulls. The Skulls are an undead army of Boneheads rising to exact their revenge on BIONICLE for replacing them. I want to go even further and say its a meta commentary on the whole "hero factory killed bonkles" thing, but, that may be a little too far.

• Upvote 5

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Hate to burst your bubble, guys, but Bionicle VK is just a Russian fansite that is roleplaying an expedition of Okoto.  To complete the experience, they post maps and riddles of their own invention.

This is also a post from April 1st.

Here's a quick Google Translate of the post containing that image:

As I promised, soon we will fight with Lord Spider Skull in the ruined city of the Creator Masks. It remains only to get more soldiers, and I hope you will help me in this =)
However, before you go God knows where, let's learn a little more.
Ruined City Creator Masks
Completely destroyed and absorbed in the jungle city of Masks Creator is deep in the woods. It was there from the time of the great cataclysm is immersed in a deep sleep Creator Masks.
Today the city is in a state of complete rest, time stopped here ever since the Great cooled coal forge. The city waited for him to awaken life for many thousands of years. When the outbreak of the Great Forge again lit the fire, the city wakes up.
Here is a diagram of the ruined city. It is useful to us when we gonna get there.

I trust you all have seen the phony alphabet they posted as well?

• Upvote 4

Hate to burst your bubble, guys, but Bionicle VK is just a Russian fansite that is roleplaying an expedition of Okoto.  To complete the experience, they post maps and riddles of their own invention.

This is also a post from April 1st.

Here's a quick Google Translate of the post containing that image:

As I promised, soon we will fight with Lord Spider Skull in the ruined city of the Creator Masks. It remains only to get more soldiers, and I hope you will help me in this =)

However, before you go God knows where, let's learn a little more.

Ruined City Creator Masks

Completely destroyed and absorbed in the jungle city of Masks Creator is deep in the woods. It was there from the time of the great cataclysm is immersed in a deep sleep Creator Masks.

Today the city is in a state of complete rest, time stopped here ever since the Great cooled coal forge. The city waited for him to awaken life for many thousands of years. When the outbreak of the Great Forge again lit the fire, the city wakes up.

Here is a diagram of the ruined city. It is useful to us when we gonna get there.

Well, that's still a pretty impressive homage on their part, even if it's actually not official. Thanks for the insight! It's always nice to know what non-English-speaking BIONICLE communities are up to.

• Upvote 2

So this got put up on the official BIONICLE VK page - a map of the Ancient City of the Mask Makers.

http://biosector01.c...IONICLE_Map.jpg <<<<<<

I don't know what you're playing at, LEGO, but whatever it is, good freaking job.

Ok... I have a question... Is this picture suppose to be Okoto or Mata Nui? The reason I ask is because it is tagged with a copyright date of 2012, three years ago... Also someone named Faber 99.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

http://biosector01.c...IONICLE_Map.jpg <<<<<<

Ok... I have a question... Is this picture suppose to be Okoto or Mata Nui? The reason I ask is because it is tagged with a copyright date of 2012, three years ago... Also someone named Faber 99.

That was a prototype image of the island for Bionicle made by Christian Faber, who worked closely with Lego to develop the aesthetic of Bionicle.  This was back when the line was the Boneheads of Voodoo Island.  (See also the Faber Files for more behind-the-scenes images like that.)

I wouldn't necessarily call it phony, they weren't trying to trick anyone. It was just something they constructed to service their little website games. But yeah, since these symbols don't really have an alphabet to speak of (or any real direct symbolism to speak of), it's definitely not legit.

They're doing some pretty cool stuff for a fan site, regardless.

That was a prototype image of the island for Bionicle made by Christian Faber, who worked closely with Lego to develop the aesthetic of Bionicle.  This was back when the line was the Boneheads of Voodoo Island.  (See also the Faber Files for more behind-the-scenes images like that.)

So then it was suppose to be Mata Nui? Then why is it copyrighted at 2012? Seems kind of 12 years too late to be for the Gen 1.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I wouldn't necessarily call it phony, they weren't trying to trick anyone. It was just something they constructed to service their little website games. But yeah, since these symbols don't really have an alphabet to speak of (or any real direct symbolism to speak of), it's definitely not legit.

It's not a fan site. Look at this and read the comments.

So then it was suppose to be Mata Nui? Then why is it copyrighted at 2012? Seems kind of 12 years too late to be for the Gen 1.

Yes, it was the prototype island that became Mata Nui.  As for the copyright date, that's because he posted it in 2012 once Bionicle was over.  The image was originally drawn in 1999 when they were planning the line.

Regardless of the officiality of the map, it is at odds with what we've seen of the City in the animations. To wit, this picture.

The city in the animations is much straighter in shape, almost like an aircraft carrier.

If the ersatz Boneheads map is official, it might just be concept art.

Of course, media dissonance is nothing new to BIONICLE, so it could well be canon (provided Gen2 is even going with the level of scrutiny Gen1 did in that regard.)

EDIT: Am I the only one who thinks that those Protector-mask fonts look like the original Silurians? =P

Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

It's not a fan site. Look at this and read the comments.

Anyone can say "it's official."

• Upvote 2

Anyone can say "it's official."

But not everyone can create not one, but two incredible pieces of concept art that stylistically match the one of the Ancient City we got at the announcement of the reboot.

• Upvote 2