What you don't like in G2 ?

Zidonaro

Not enough armor. The new shells and Onua's stuff are cool, but there's simply not enough unique aesthetic pieces in the new bionicle run. Too many re used parts. Even the weapons are reused, I wish Kopaka had his own shield piece. Also the summer run is reusing a lot of masks as well. Only three new ones counting the mask of creation IIRC.

I hope this is fixed next year.

Also there is virtually no story, the ~minute long webisdoes are cheap with only one voice actor doing all the characters. If they just used him as a narrator it would be acceptable but him actually reading lines for Gali is cringe worthy. Not anywhere near comparable to the old story, its about as simple as it gets this time around. Some cereal commercial campaigns have been more in depth. I don't expect much from the books either. It'll probably be on par with the hero factory and ninjago ones.

Edited by hiddenderek

Not enough armor. The new shells and Onua's stuff are cool, but there's simply not enough unique aesthetic pieces in the new bionicle run. Too many re used parts. Even the weapons are reused, I wish Kopaka had his own shield piece. Also the summer run is reusing a lot of masks as well. Only three new ones counting the mask of creation IIRC.

Also there is virtually no story, the ~minute long webisdoes are cheap with only one voice actor doing all the characters. If they just used him as a narrator it would be acceptable but him actually reading lines for Gali is cringe worthy. Not anywhere near comparable to the old story, its about as simple as it gets this time around. Some cereal commercial campaigns have been more in depth. I don't expect much from the books either. It'll probably be on par with the hero factory and ninjago ones.

A million times this. I love Bionicle, but if I knew this was what it would end up like four months in I think I would have just bought Gali and that's it. The animations are horrible, Tahu is the only one with any screen time,  the only villain is a stupid spider, and the heroes have no sense of depth or relatable concepts to them.

They made my favorite Toa, Gali, look  like a complete fool running in and trying to attack the spider when in Gen 1 she wouldn't have done anything like that.  

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I've heard the "not enough new parts" argument before. However, yesterday I did some tallying up. Not counting the Manas RC elements or basic Technic elements, the 2001 sets had about 36 new molds across 24 sets. The 2015 sets have about 27 new molds across 18 sets.  So both years have an average of about 1.5 new parts per set. This is about the same as the average number of new parts per set in 2002 or 2003 (I haven't taken the time to tally things up for other years). It only seems like the 2015 sets have fewer new parts because the Toa and Protectors have a greater number of parts overall than the 2001 Toa and Turaga, and because none of their parts are as huge in proportion to their bodies as Toa Mata leg beams, arm beams, and torsos.

Even just looking at masks, it might seem like there aren't a lot of masks this year. But add up the three from the summer and the eight from the winter, and you get eleven different mask molds. 2001 had just twelve mask molds (thirteen if you count the Vahi that didn't actually get released until 2002) so there's really not a huge difference! And if you count separate colors individually instead of just molds, we already know of 36 G2 masks. That's the most masks BIONICLE has ever had in one year since mask packs went away in 2003! In fact, that's more than twice as many masks as there were in 2004 (just fourteen)! Reusing masks is really nothing new to BIONICLE, and I know some people who feel like the later years of G1 actually didn't do enough of that. Post-2005 masks were rarely available in more than one color, whereas ALL 2015 BIONICLE masks come in at least two colors.

• Upvote 1

I've heard the "not enough new parts" argument before. However, yesterday I did some tallying up. Not counting the Manas RC elements or basic Technic elements, the 2001 sets had about 36 new molds across 24 sets. The 2015 sets have about 27 new molds across 18 sets.

Also, keep in mind that Bionicle 2001 was COMPLETELY new, meanwhile Bionicle 2015 can borrow from Chima and other constraction sets that were made before it. (I'm sure Bionicle 2001 did this too, but Bionicle 2015 just has a lot more to work with.)

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I've heard the "not enough new parts" argument before. However, yesterday I did some tallying up. Not counting the Manas RC elements or basic Technic elements, the 2001 sets had about 36 new molds across 24 sets. The 2015 sets have about 27 new molds across 18 sets.

Also, keep in mind that Bionicle 2001 was COMPLETELY new, meanwhile Bionicle 2015 can borrow from Chima and other constraction sets that were made before it. (I'm sure Bionicle 2001 did this too, but Bionicle 2015 just has a lot more to work with.)

Yeah, 2001 did plenty of borrowing itself — most of the Rahi were based almost completely on existing Technic parts, and additionally a lot of the Toa's joint pieces were borrowed from the Slizer/Throwbots sets. But you're right that BIONICLE 2015 has a lot more to borrow from. Prior to 2001, there really didn't exist all the parts needed to make a humanoid character as well-proportioned as the Toa Mata (I'm not joking about that — the Toa Mata had some wonky proportions, but not nearly as wonky as those of the Slizers). By contrast, the existing range of CCBS parts allows a lot more control over a character's proportions, so there wasn't any need to introduce entirely new leg, arm, and torso parts just to give the 2015 Toa and Protector sets appropriate proportions.

• Upvote 2

What I don't like about G2 is basically everything about it.  Now if they used the OLD Bionicle parts along with some new parts, then I would like it.

Eh... I've tried doing that once or twice... most of them snapped. :c

What is bad about GEN 2? EVERYTHING!!! The pieces, story, art, etc.

Not sure if this is your real opinion or you're trying to stir up trouble. 

So you want me to explain what is bad about everything in gen 2?

I think so. Please, make your point. :)

Story: Who likes it? DO YOU REMEMBER THE OLD ONE?! If you wanted bionicle back, then why liking the one that is just the same but the best parts of the story gone? Do you know the old one? it was thousands times better!

It's a reboot, besides most of the story hasn't even come out yet, so be patient. At least wait until the first year is over to start judging Bionicle G2 on its story.

• Upvote 1

|

It seems to me that most of the opinions on G2 topics, or CCBS topics, fall into three categories:

1. People like the new. They see some flaws, but are overall pleased because Gen2 and CCBS have fixed many of Gen1's problems.

2. People are neutral. They don't think gen2 has been going on long enough to be making many judgements.

3. People hate Gen2 and CCBS. They seem to think that Gen1 was perfect and that it should have been either continued, or followed more closely in the reboot. In addition it seems that many of their opinions are not founded, and they don't admit their wrong when someone shows them how they're incorrect or too quick to judge.

• Upvote 2

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

I'm with Tntkirill on this one. He makes valid points.

And he does it so eloquently, too.

It's heartening to see the staunch defenders of a children's toyline's maturity argue their points in such a well spoken manner.

Haha, the sarcasm in this comment is hilarious. XD

Edited by Forgeta

|

It's heartening to see the staunch defenders of a children's toyline's maturity argue their points in such a well spoken manner.

Hey! It's not just a toy line, it's OUR toy line! And we will defend it from this new scourge who dares to take its name.

Hey! It's not just a toy line, it's OUR toy line! And we will defend it from this new scourge who dares to take its name.

And if that is how you feel, then go ahead. You obviously don't have to like this new reboot. But keep in mind that nothing this new release of the Bionicle toyline brings will take away from the old stuff you like so much. That storyline, those toys and the related media are still there to peruse, whenever you need a quick nostalgia fix.

And, going by your screen name, let me add a hearty "TRUKK, NOT MUNKY!" Somehow I believe you might know to what other childhood destroying reboot I am referring.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

No, it's their toyline. TLC can do what they want with Bionicle, and frankly, I love these guys much more than the Mata, who were only good for waving their weapons around and making Kaita. I can actually pose Gali with one hand on her hip and one leg up. Admittedly, this doesn't look as good as the animated Gali's pose, but the fact that they can have a hand-on-hips pose and gear functions at the same time puts her, and the other, above their stiff, unposable G1 counterparts.

And disagreement in 3... 2... 1...

• Upvote 4

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

No, it's their toyline. TLC can do what they want with Bionicle, and frankly, I love these guys much more than the Mata, who were only good for waving their weapons around and making Kaita. I can actually pose Gali with one hand on her hip and one leg up. Admittedly, this doesn't look as good as the animated Gali's pose, but the fact that they can have a hand-on-hips pose and gear functions at the same time puts her, and the other, above their stiff, unposable G1 counterparts.

Your opinion, not mine. Personally, I like the Mata, but to each their own. :)

|

Basically:

Cool sets

Horrible story

So far, the story seems so, but I don't understand why everyone is so quick to judge.

You're right. Let me reformulate my statement:

The way the story is being presented to us is currently horrible.

Well, you're not wrong.

• Upvote 1

|

It seems to me that most of the opinions on G2 topics, or CCBS topics, fall into three categories:

1. People like the new. They see some flaws, but are overall pleased because Gen2 and CCBS have fixed many of Gen1's problems.

2. People are neutral. They don't think gen2 has been going on long enough to be making many judgements.

3. People hate Gen2 and CCBS. They seem to think that Gen1 was perfect and that it should have been either continued, or followed more closely in the reboot. In addition it seems that many of their opinions are not founded, and they don't admit their wrong when someone shows them how they're incorrect or too quick to judge.

But, their not wrong. Skeleball is in every way a drop from the classic system.

And G2s story is stupidly simple.

Decepticonwarrior, do you ever actually listen to things people tell you when they are defending CCBS and Gen2? I feel like if you did,you would understand the points we make: that CCBS, or "Skeleball", as you insist on calling it, is, in many ways, better than the classic system. The pieces are no longer brittle and breakable. They are far more resistant to dust-collection. The pieces aren't "simple", but rather unspecialized, so multiple lines (Hero Factory, Chima, Bionicle, Star Wars, and even Super Heroes for a time) can use it.

As for the story, it's geared towards children! 6 to 14. The story needs to appeal to children in that range, which it does! My little cousin is 6, and he loves Bionicle. The sets are great, story is great, to him. If LEGO produced a story that was more complicated, more complex, children would not enjoy it as much, and there would suddenly be less demand for the sets.

Also, there seems to be one thing that you refuse to accept. The animations are just 15 minutes, and made to draw people into the story. They aren't the ultimate, end-all medium that will convey every aspect of the story. That's what the books are for! One of them is coming in August, and thank God, because hopefully it will keep you quiet. That's where the more complex details of the story will come in. Y'know, maybe you didn't know this, but the first gen1 book came out in 2003! There were two years where comics, MNOG, and the Bohrok animations were the only story we got. Yeah, yeah, MNOG was all that. Yes, I get it. I love the game too, but it still wasn't everything. The books were what finally made the story more fleshed-out and interesting.

Basically:

Cool sets

Horrible story

So far, the story seems so, but I don't understand why everyone is so quick to judge.

Like I just said above, wait for the books. Really, that's where everything is going to come into place, more so than the 15 minutes worth of video we have now.

• Upvote 1

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Decepticonwarrior, do you ever actually listen to things people tell you when they are defending CCBS and Gen2? I feel like if you did,you would understand the points we make: that CCBS, or "Skeleball", as you insist on calling it, is, in many ways, better than the classic system. The pieces are no longer brittle and breakable. They are far more resistant to dust-collection. The pieces aren't "simple", but rather unspecialized, so multiple lines (Hero Factory, Chima, Bionicle, Star Wars, and even Super Heroes for a time) can use it.

Basically:

Cool sets

Horrible story

Like I just said above, wait for the books. Really, that's where everything is going to come into place, more so than the 15 minutes worth of video we have now.

1. Well, the parts of the old Bionicle system could have been revised to be less brittle, but, CCBS is just a lot nicer IMO.

2. The books are honestly our best hope for the story at the moment. Perhaps they'll put it in a way that appeals to all audiences, but for now, we can only hope.

• Upvote 1

|

I agree with you, but let's be fair — most people who prefer G1 sets to G2 sets are probably thinking more of the Toa Hagah, Toa Mahri, or Glatorian than the Toa Mata.

And I can respect that. G1 BIONICLE had some genuinely good sets. Even if some of the Glatorian sets had wonky proportions, hyper-specialized armor, and brittle joints, they DID have great, colorful, and diverse designs with lots of personality.

However, I still can't help but prefer the proportions, complexity of builds, variety of builds, and versatility of parts of the new sets to any of their G1 counterparts. I pulled Toa Metru Vakama out of his canister recently. The Toa Metru have a reputation for having great proportions, despite being clones. However, I hold him up next to the G2 Gali and there's no question about which has better proportions and a more polished design. Likewise, I loved Toa Mahri Kongu for his burly gorilla-like look, but if I hold him up next to G2 Onua, it's clear that Onua pulls it off so much better. Even the Protectors stand head and shoulders above any previous BIONICLE villager sets, and I'm not talking about their height.

The only set so far that I'd consider good but not exceptional in any way is Lord of Skull Spiders. Don't get me wrong, he's a unique design, and it's fantastic to get another function-driven creature set after so many years (Dragon Bolt notwithstanding). But cool as he is, there's nothing in particular that he does better than the Rahi sets of 2001. His articulation is only slightly better than the Nui-Jaga (though this is sort of understandable, since otherwise you'd have more joints to reset every time you grab something). And there are a few things the Rahi certainly have over him, like their competitive play potential — Lord of Skull Spiders has no mask to knock off, and thus there's no way to signal him losing a fight with another set. Still, I definitely think he measures up to many G1 creatures. He just fails to surpass them to the extent that the G2 Toa and Protectors surpass the G1 Toa, Matoran, and Turaga.

• Upvote 3

As for the story, it's geared towards children! 6 to 14. The story needs to appeal to children in that range, which it does! My little cousin is 6, and he loves Bionicle. The sets are great, story is great, to him. If LEGO produced a story that was more complicated, more complex, children would not enjoy it as much, and there would suddenly be less demand for the sets.

Also, there seems to be one thing that you refuse to accept. The animations are just 15 minutes, and made to draw people into the story. They aren't the ultimate, end-all medium that will convey every aspect of the story. That's what the books are for! One of them is coming in August, and thank God, because hopefully it will keep you quiet. That's where the more complex details of the story will come in. Y'know, maybe you didn't know this, but the first gen1 book came out in 2003! There were two years where comics, MNOG, and the Bohrok animations were the only story we got. Yeah, yeah, MNOG was all that. Yes, I get it. I love the game too, but it still wasn't everything. The books were what finally made the story more fleshed-out and interesting.

Basically:

Cool sets

Horrible story

I hope so, because honestly, I don't even more consider these dumb animations to be canon.

• Upvote 1

And if that is how you feel, then go ahead. You obviously don't have to like this new reboot. But keep in mind that nothing this new release of the Bionicle toyline brings will take away from the old stuff you like so much. That storyline, those toys and the related media are still there to peruse, whenever you need a quick nostalgia fix.And, going by your screen name, let me add a hearty "TRUKK, NOT MUNKY!" Somehow I believe you might know to what other childhood destroying reboot I am referring.Cheers!

Ah, but beast wars didn't dump every single thing G1 had. We still had robots that transformed into animals, just like the later years of G1. (The organic skins of the beast warriors are an offshoot of pretender shells) energon, two factions of robots stranded on earth, really, the only major change from g1 was the name changes.

As for skeleball, it's simple shells-on-bone building is too simple for me, I prefer more complex engineering. Not to mention the pieces themselves lack any real detail.

honestly, I don't even more consider these dumb animations to be canon.

then.... what is? that brings the story marker down to 0 again. :0

As for skeleball, it's simple shells-on-bone building is too simple for me, I prefer more complex engineering. Not to mention the pieces themselves lack any real detail.

by "more complex engineering" you of course mean, Shells on Bones.... with a PIN! O:

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

And if that is how you feel, then go ahead. You obviously don't have to like this new reboot. But keep in mind that nothing this new release of the Bionicle toyline brings will take away from the old stuff you like so much. That storyline, those toys and the related media are still there to peruse, whenever you need a quick nostalgia fix.And, going by your screen name, let me add a hearty "TRUKK, NOT MUNKY!" Somehow I believe you might know to what other childhood destroying reboot I am referring.Cheers!

Ah, but beast wars didn't dump every single thing G1 had. We still had robots that transformed into animals, just like the later years of G1. (The organic skins of the beast warriors are an offshoot of pretender shells) energon, two factions of robots stranded on earth, really, the only major change from g1 was the name changes.

How on Earth does Bionicle G2 dump every single thing G1 had when it still has Toa, masks, names, etc. from G1? It kept everything important about G1 and dumped a bunch of unnecessary extras (like a majority of details slapped on after 2003).

Besides, Beast Wars was hardly a true reboot; its best Bionicle equivalent is 2009. It was an extension of the G1 continuity. This is a true reboot, more in line with Transformers Prime or Animated.

Yes, because that pin make all the difference, now it's all "snap and your done".

Honestly, this is like parody, except you actually mean it.

• Upvote 5

Besides, Beast Wars was hardly a true reboot; its best Bionicle equivalent is 2009. It was an extension of the G1 continuity. This is a true reboot, more in line with Transformers Prime or Animated.

Oh, the lure of the off topic debate.

Beast Wars' connection to G1 is part of its fiction, and came later in that to boot. But I am not overly interested in the fictional connections, but more so in the design and development of the Beast Wars brand.

From a developmental standpoint it was the first hard reboot of the Transformers franchise, with Hasbro handing the ailing brand to the newly acquired Kenner. They took the toyline into a new direction, which offended many older fans. Obviously this outrage subsided and would be hard to maintain, since Transformers these days reboots every other month or so.

Which brings me neatly back to the actual topic:

The only connection I am trying to draw between the ire Beast Wars initially sparked and the current dissatisfaction displayed by some Bionicle fans, is that any change of direction in a passionately beloved childhood property will result in the gnashing of teeth, which will over time be ameliorated and eventually subside entirely, as demonstrated in another brand that DecepticonWarrior apparently favors.

Edited by WorkbenchManiac
  • Upvote 1

It's called the wonders of different opinions. 

Now I'll be honest - I wanted the time-lapse continuation of G1 story for the new Bionicle as much as the next. And I will gladly applaud use of technic with CCBS, and support more Technic integration. I'm even okay with textured shells. But I'm not going to pull out my sword of condemnation on TLG yet, because I haven't seen the fullness of the reboot yet. I'm not going to deny the possibility that they could please my tastes with this story in the future, because they aren't doing it right away

After all, I didn't get into G1 until 2004's story, mind. 2004 catered to my tastes way better than 2001-03 ever did. This time I'm going to have to wait through "01-03" to get to "04". That's okay. I just hope that they actually get there - the theme is on a three-year plan now. I'm hoping that they pull a Ninjago to get to the "04" story, squeeze it into the three years in some sort of accelerated pace (but not too fast), or that the reboot will be different enough to get me to like "03 story" more than I actually liked 2003's story (and make no mistake, I liked 2003's story quite a lot, just not as much as 04. 

So I guess I'm neutral, but also neutral weird. 

Yes, because that pin make all the difference, now it's all "snap and your done".

The thing is, D, is that I started CCBS with Hero Factory. Hero Factory really was "snap and you're done". The thing about Bionicle G2 sets is they actually have gearboxes in them, which is NOT a snap and you're done proposition. Building the gearboxes is engineering, it is complex and non-intuitive. May I suggest Onua? His build is the most complex and interesting, the furthest away from "snap and you're done" of the bunch.

CCBS is improving and becoming MORE COMPLEX over time. Condemning it early is not good for you, because by doing it you're actually going to miss out on more of the complex engineering builds you love. Ripping on Bionicle just because it LOOKS like Hero Factory (which, for complex builds, IS no good) is missing out on the complexity of the weapons and gearboxes, which are even more complicated than some classic Bionicle sets.  

• Upvote 1

But don't forget, F, that the gearboxes are not integrated into the builds, leaving exposed balls on the toas shoulders. Perhaps if lego had opted for a new torso instead of a hero factory one, we could have seen some impressive gear work.

Personally I don't consider the exposed balls on the Toa's shoulders a problem at all. In fact, I think they help fill the gap between the chest plate and torso. And for what it's worth, Onua and Kopaka don't have that problem at all.

I don't think there's any urgent need for a new torso beam, but even if you're bothered by this, I can't see how it's a major enough issue to ruin the sets for you. Even some G1 characters like Gresh and Krekka had issues with gaps in their torsos or parts awkwardly jutting out from the sides.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

But don't forget, F, that the gearboxes are not integrated into the builds, leaving exposed balls on the toas shoulders. Perhaps if lego had opted for a new torso instead of a hero factory one, we could have seen some impressive gear work.

I don't see how a couple exposed ball joints changes the "work" of the gears at all. Sure it may not look as perfect but the gears still function the same exact way. Also Ive found its fairly simple to fix this problem. Just connect a couple of black fists to the ball joints and tuck them in and it looks fine, IMO. Do you mind me asking if you have any of the new sets? And if so which ones?

Edited by jmflem
  • Upvote 1

You're ditching a complex (and possibly satisfying) build over a couple of exposed joints? 

Really man, I'd put that creativity of yours to fixing the exposed joints if they bother you so much. A couple of black dots is not worth ditching the opportunity to build figures with gearboxes on them again. 

• Upvote 1

You're ditching a complex (and possibly satisfying) build over a couple of exposed joints? 

Really man, I'd put that creativity of yours to fixing the exposed joints if they bother you so much. A couple of black dots is not worth ditching the opportunity to build figures with gearboxes on them again. 

Well, the gearbox shifts the shoulders back by 2 modules which can look quite unappealing on some angles, but it's not a big deal.

I don't really like the new piston add-on. Its soft edges create a clear contrast in regards to the texture and general design code of CCBS. I think it really looks out-of-place, just like the foot design of the 2010 Stars. I also think that it's too bulky to be used like it was on Tahu (arms and legs) and most of the protectors. Nevertheless, it's still a useful piece.

The new weapons are greebled very similarly to the G1 weapons, which provides the infamous textual contrast that G1 had in abundance. They seem too specialised to be used outside of Bionicle as well. The pistons on the new armour add-on and weapons are too thin to attach System 'claw' pieces like the skull spider legs, but I'm sure that there's good reason as to why the designers chose that width.

The weapon 'power-up' modes weren't that great either as the dual-functionality made the weapon designs rather awkward in general and most weapons have a bunch of pins and axles sticking out. Also, the pins will almost always stick to the foot when detaching weapons because of the difference in plastic types.

• Upvote 1

The use of the CCBS building system, the switch to a less detailed armor, fists (yes), Lewas "pig faced" mask, the same masked being used for every small set, the Protectors lack of individual names, the rather minuscule amount of story, giving the Toa a "funny" quirk, the fact that they arnt even called Toa, the head-with-legs himself: LOSS, the skull spiders (form saviors of the universe, to exterminators, how the mighty have fallen), and finally, the cartoonish animations.

1: Still better than the fragile BBS.

2: Details don't make a set.

3: As much as I love the pieces, the old hands looked nothing like hands.

4: I'm staring at Lewa's mask right now and it is nowhere near pig faced.

5: Better than the same build being used for every set.

6: I'll give you that.

7: It just started.

8: Onua falls asleep while meditating, Pohatu fears the dark (so do a lot of people), Tahu is forgetful and lucky (like a lot of people), Kopaka's clumsy (like a lot of people), and Gali tells bad jokes (the only bad quirk).

9: "Six heroes, the Toa, will arrive." - Protector of Fire, the Arrival

10: I'll give you that.

11: A swarm of football sized spiders that could easily take control over you. Excuse me while I stay the heck away from them.

12: MNOG. 'Nuff said.

What is bad about GEN 2? EVERYTHING!!! The pieces, story, art, etc.

Not sure if this is your real opinion or you're trying to stir up trouble. 

So you want me to explain what is bad about everything in gen 2?

I think so. Please, make your point. :)

Story: Who likes it? DO YOU REMEMBER THE OLD ONE?! If you wanted bionicle back, then why liking the one that is just the same but the best parts of the story gone? Do you know the old one? it was thousands times better!

Parts: The old sets had fantastic parts and now you get very simple parts. THE SETS WERE GOOD BECAUSE OF TECHNIC PARTS!!! And more, there was thousands more possibilities for MOCs! Not to mention how good they looked like!

Yeah, I remember the old one. It was six beings with elemental power are on an a quest to collect masks of power to save the island from evil. That's EXACTLY what we have here.

The old sets also had eight points of artiuclation, floppy gear functions, had roughly thirty pieces each, and were clones. These sets had thirteen points of articulation, stable gear functions, were more complex, and were not clones.

There's virtually no more armor to make for CCBS, unless something changes. Also, Lewa's axes, Onua's claws, Pohatu's Stormerangs, etc are all new. Not to mention the new translucent bones, head mold, armor add on, armor recolors, etc.

Name one form of media where there were two narrators for different characters. 2001's story was six beings with elemental power are on an a quest to collect masks of power to save the island from evil, which is EXACTLY what we have here. And you make it sound like the Hero Factory books were bad, when they were just as good as the Bionicle books.

A million times this. I love Bionicle, but if I knew this was what it would end up like four months in I think I would have just bought Gali and that's it. The animations are horrible, Tahu is the only one with any screen time,  the only villain is a stupid spider, and the heroes have no sense of depth or relatable concepts to them.

They made my favorite Toa, Gali, look  like a complete fool running in and trying to attack the spider when in Gen 1 she wouldn't have done anything like that.  

And here I was thinking the black one and the brown one were named "Onua" and "Pohatu". They're all Tahu? Guess my Bionicle knowledge is a lie. Still, I loved the part were Tahu said "I vote for Tahu. He knows how to grab attention." when Tahu had grabbed Tahu and Tahu.

Yeah, YA HEAR THAT SKULL GRINDER/BASHER/SLICER/SCORPIO/WARRIOR AND MAKUTA, YOU'RE ALL A STUPID SPIDER! 

They also turned Wheeljack into a weapons expert in Transformers Prime, when he was a medic in G1. Any complainers?

• Upvote 1

Tahu with the perfect Technic system:

8 points of articulation

Floppy gearbox

33 pieces

He's also Gali, Onua, Kopaka, Lewa, and Pohatu with a few changes

Tahu with the flawed skeleball system:

13 points of articulation

Stable gearbox

84 pieces

He has an individual build

Yeahhhhhhh, I think I'll take the flawed skeleball one, thanks.

uh, Wheeljack wasn't a medic, Ratchet was. Wheeljack is an engineer. and I hated that we was made into a wrecker in prime, to answer your question.

Same difference. And good for you, you're in the minority.