Official Ebay Auctions Topic

Watashi Wa

Don't waste your time man, I'm going for those masks :D Nice stuff in there and if you choose to proxy you'll have to give Charlie a cut as well as paying two lots of postage. How about you let me get them cheap and you have first dibs on anything that you want? We all win :)

Alright, I'll PM you :) Edited by ~Haxorus~

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

I think it's unlikely don't you? Could be though :P And frankly there's a lot of decent masks in there anyway if it goes cheaply...

Also, are you aware that you quoted yourself? lol

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I think it's unlikely don't you? Could be though :P And frankly there's a lot of decent masks in there anyway if it goes cheaply...

Also, are you aware that you quoted yourself? lol

Sigh, the humiliation

We'll I did see 3 vmkk go in an auction 2 years ago and the seller didn't know what they were so its possible

Edited by lessovikk4

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

Last Sunday I missed out on a chance for 7 throwbots, two Bohrok, and Pohatu Mata for $25. Time ran out and it was unsold. He has yet to relist it.

Update: he relisted it AND I won!!  Hopefully I'll be getting those soon. I might be willing to trade some of them depending on condition and how complete they are. Right now I'm just happy that I finally won something again.

move along.

nothing to see here.

Last Sunday I missed out on a chance for 7 throwbots, two Bohrok, and Pohatu Mata for $25. Time ran out and it was unsold. He has yet to relist it.

Update: he relisted it AND I won!! Hopefully I'll be getting those soon. I might be willing to trade some of them depending on condition and how complete they are. Right now I'm just happy that I finally won something again.
I have a throwbots complete set with superset box, is that good?

Update: he relisted it AND I won!! Hopefully I'll be getting those soon. I might be willing to trade some of them depending on condition and how complete they are. Right now I'm just happy that I finally won something again.
I have a throwbots complete set with superset box, is that good?

AFAIK very good, that's very weird

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

I spy a White Matatu. And an MEK.

I made a deal on these masks so if anyone is interested in any of them feel free to send me a PM. Unlike Stuart, I ship worldwide :D

• Upvote 1

I spy a White Matatu. And an MEK.

I made a deal on these masks so if anyone is interested in any of them feel free to send me a PM. Unlike Stuart, I ship worldwide :D

Yeah, no. Unlike Stuart, your prices are ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Yeah, no. Unlike Stuart, your prices are ridiculous.

I'm not getting into this, kindly keep your slander to yourself. I think house prices are ridiculous, only because I can't afford them though. I suggest you think about that.

Moving on...

For this topic, perhaps we should set some moral rules? Or guidelines, just to make sure that people who want a chance at an item end up having the chance

Would anybody be opposed to this idea? I.E. if there was an item that multiple members expressed interest in then we try and let the auction keep going, rather than trying to separately create an offet with the seller. Bidding is always funs, and makes the win (if you get it) seem really good.

Not that we can ask people to follow these guidelines, but it might set some moral ground

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

This was discussed previously and is un-enforceable... Also ebay has always been about selling items to the buyer who is willing to pay most for it. It's never been frowned upon to contact buyers with an offer and the final say is that of the seller.

Once again, simple economics, only this time it really IS as simple as it sounds :D

While unenforcable, we're a pretty mature community and can easily adhere to some guidelines without taking advantage of each other

Obviously if somebody wants to not follow it, that is their own prerogative, but hey, we should open the discussion back up. It would be nice to see some opinions on the matter

BZPRPG:

While unenforcable, we're a pretty mature community and can easily adhere to some guidelines without taking advantage of each other

Obviously if somebody wants to not follow it, that is their own prerogative, but hey, we should open the discussion back up. It would be nice to see some opinions on the matter

I agree, I was interested in that lot (to proxy).

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Ok there's no harm in discussing this again but I would suggest that as long as there is a single person watching this topic who doesn't abide by the rules (and they don't even have to be a commenter, we might not even know they were bidding on and winning these items) the whole system will always fail. Seeing as everyone seems to be feeling particularly betrayed about this mask lot (despite the fact that noone has any idea what the deal was that was reached) let's go over it and see how these rules would have worked in this instance... 

Fikou found it but no international postage so can't have...

Can somebody proxy this for me? I live in Canada, if that helps

Haxorous asks for a proxy.

I would, but I actually want it.

Bike makes himself the third interested party and claims he wants to bid on this lot too.

I figured I would get some competition :P

Anybody who doesn't want it want to proxy for me?

To be honest, I can proxy, Because I have no money. I'll win the auction, but I need to rely on you to pay me. PM to discuss.

Haxorus asks for proxy again and Charlie can't actually bid on it anyway so offers to help.

Don't waste your time man, I'm going for those masks :D Nice stuff in there and if you choose to proxy you'll have to give Charlie a cut as well as paying two lots of postage. How about you let me get them cheap and you have first dibs on anything that you want? We all win :)

I make myself known as another interested buyer and make it very clear that I intend to win this auction.

I may bid on those, Craig can you be my proxy?

lessovikk makes it known he is interested too and Craig offers to proxy for him.

So we have Bike as a proxy for Haxorous, Craig as a proxy for Lessovikk and me interested for myself. Technically Fikou may have been interested too but didn't ask for a proxy.

In the meantime, if I had NOT contacted the seller directly (which is called initiative by the way) then someone else could have quite happily done the same thing and none of us would have got it. 

We can make all the rules we want here in our little bit of the community but not all Bionicle collectors (or traders) live on BZP. There are WAAAY more ebayers out there who will happily pull the rug out from under all of our feet. I've learnt from many years both buying and selling that the best way to get a good deal is to be pro-active. I very much doubt I'm the only person to have picked up on this since the conception of online auctions too! 

My opinion on this particular lot is that people who wanted those items should be thankful that they know who won them and that that person is willing to sell them on individually and globally (something that wouldn't have happened with ANY other result) As far as future auctions go, I can't imagine how things would go massively different if there are so many people interested. Bear in mind I (or anyone else) could've easily made a deal for these items then simply stayed quiet about it. We then go on with being this nice little group who helps each other while secretly members are free to basically do whatever they want each time a nice auction pops up thanks to ebay's buyer protection system.

If anyone has any ideas that could result in EVERY attractive ebay listing being limited to only those of us here in this topic whilst keeping prices low and allowing international shipping then I'd love to hear it. But I think it's a fairly obviously unachievable task personally. Noone can 'control' ebay auctions, not even ebay. End of the day, all the power is with the seller. If you aren't the seller then your best chance to get your way is to have more money than everyone else. And don't begrudge those who can outspend you, that's becoming a common trend here in BST lately...

Edited by -Windrider-

I wasn't really interested in that lot, else i wouldn't have posted it here ^_^ . Just wanted to share the info, and see how much high it could go :cheesy: .

My point exactly! End of the day, we're all looking out for number one first! 

I wasn't really interested in that lot, else i wouldn't have posted it here ^_^ . Just wanted to share the info, and see how much high it could go :cheesy: .

My point exactly! End of the day, we're all looking out for number one first!

Hey I found a few souls you guys may have lost

Well... should have noted the sarcasm. :P  Actually, now that I look, I see a lot of Teridax sets. Whats going on?

If you thought THAT one was bad, then look at this!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Bionicle-Makuta-8593-/221465990635?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339066d5eb

Mask holder. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bionicle-Lego-Mask-Kanohi-Holder-Toys-R-Us-Exclusive-Folder-Holder-W-Insert-/261768098211

Well... should have noted the sarcasm. :P  Actually, now that I look, I see a lot of Teridax sets. Whats going on?

If you thought THAT one was bad, then look at this!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Bionicle-Makuta-8593-/221465990635?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339066d5eb

Mask holder. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bionicle-Lego-Mask-Kanohi-Holder-Toys-R-Us-Exclusive-Folder-Holder-W-Insert-/261768098211

It may be new, but wow. That's ridonkulous. 

Also, a note for anyone planning on buying a mask holder, they really aren't great. Some of the masks like the Kakama can't even fit in the slots, and it ripped a little when I attempted it.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

I guess I was lucky, all the 01 masks fit great in mine. I think you need to sorta let the mask go in carefully, to stop damaging the pocket. The Akaku kinda fits, but it is difficult. The Kakama fits great! It was actually the easiest to fit in. The masks like the Hau and the Kaukau also fit well. Although it would have helped if the pockets were a little bit bigger. Over time the masks fit easily and can be removed easily. 

If something is overpriced 'for a reason' then it means it isn't overpriced :P It's pretty expensive I'll grant you but those things must be super rare by now so the seller can pretty much ask what he wants for them. If they were in the UK I'd certainly attempt to haggle with the guy to add them to my own collection :)

Edit : just got a few deliveries in today. One very nice lot of 2001 sets and another Hero Factory promo piece. I'm still not a huge fan but I can't pass up a rare bargain! This marks my second canvas banner and it's simply glorious! Still has the original packaging and display hooks so was almost certainly never displayed in store!

IMG_20150221_114312_zpsyonqzlx1.jpg

Edited by Munty