Official Ebay Auctions Topic

Watashi Wa

I noticed that x***o was bidding on something else that went for a lot as well, but I can't remember what it was. It could be the seller bidding up his own auction, but I think it's more likely that it's just how eBay's naming system works. The x***o bidding on the Powerpack was probably a different one than the x***o bidding on the mask lot. Conversely, I could be arbitrarily given the name g***b once, and then v***r the next time. It's all part of eBay's system to keep bidders anonymous. However, I could be mistaken about this, and because the same name was used on at least two auctions that went ridiculously high, it might be worth looking into.

-Letagi

Sadly no, as I did not have enough funds for it at the time. $460 is a lot of cash, but I will say that I think the GPKK value should be increased after all of these recent sales!

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Craig b won it and that was a ridiculously high sale. I think they are worth 200-300$ but idk the wmkks used to go for higher and now the gpkks, I think bionicle is developing an eBay supply and demand market... I also agree with munty that the vmkks are becoming purchased for more which I do not support.

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

Good job Lesovikk, the man spend half a grand and didn't even get to announce it himself :P

Gratz on the win Craig, I stayed up to watch it and couldn't believe how it jumped at the end! Do you have any other GPKK or is this your first? Not sure if I've seen your collection before but I think maybe I have at some point... Maybe you can share it again when the new arrival turns up :D

I think a guide price of $200-300+ is probably a little too generous. I'd snap up a GPKK for under $300 in a heartbeat and as long as MC is looking for them, TLH needs two more and Craig is throwing his moneybags around I think they'll fly way past $300 :D

Lesovikk, you disagreeing with how much things cost doesn't alter their perceived value by collectors. It's supply and demand dude, love it or hate it ;)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I wasn't disagreeing munty I was trying to say in the past it wasn't that high, now it probably will go up in Value and sorry Craig ;( my bad

Oh and who bought this?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Bionicle-White-Metal-Krana-Kal-Krana-Mask-Rare-/181639827465

Edited by lessovikk4

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

My bad, it said sold on my phone. It's not in that bad condition, I wonder why no one snapped it up yet. That gpkk was gone immediately.

GPKK are super rare and everyone needs them. Many serious collectors already have WMKK so less demand. He's charging too much anyway.

GPKK are super rare and everyone needs them. Many serious collectors already have WMKK so less demand. He's charging too much anyway.

Yeah it used to be the other way, and Craig b needed both and chose the gpkk, but I guess that's right that they are in higher demand. I guess I'm biased as I think the whole promo thing is dumb and like the metal pieces, it is slightly overpriced the wmkk, I would say 200$ is reasonable would you agree. But I'd also say the exact same Bo gpkk went for 200$ from tlh not 467$ and while some go for 400$ that 467$ is still unusually high to me but if I'm wrong about that being the highest gpkk price please say Edited by lessovikk4

I noticed that x***o was bidding on something else that went for a lot as well, but I can't remember what it was. It could be the seller bidding up his own auction, but I think it's more likely that it's just how eBay's naming system works. The x***o bidding on the Powerpack was probably a different one than the x***o bidding on the mask lot. Conversely, I could be arbitrarily given the name g***b once, and then v***r the next time. It's all part of eBay's system to keep bidders anonymous. However, I could be mistaken about this, and because the same name was used on at least two auctions that went ridiculously high, it might be worth looking into.

-Letagi

I think that if you look at the combination of the name and the feedback you can identify unique bidders.

While there are many "x***o"s, there are very few "x***o (35)"s, and few of those are interested in Bionicle.

Don't we know X***O?  Didn't he say here?  Of course, not everything people say here is true.

Right, good thinking - I didn't think to check the bid counts. Definitely the same x***o, then.

I don't think we ever heard from x***o. The guy who was bidding against him posted a few pages back while the mask lot auction was happening. I suggested he report x***o but I don't know if he ever did.

As for the price guide, how does $300-$400+ sound? I don't want to give it too specific a value.

-Letagi

Right, good thinking - I didn't think to check the bid counts. Definitely the same x***o, then.

I don't think we ever heard from x***o. The guy who was bidding against him posted a few pages back while the mask lot auction was happening. I suggested he report x***o but I don't know if he ever did.

As for the price guide, how does $300-$400+ sound? I don't want to give it too specific a value.

-Letagi

One just went for 200$ though so like 200-400$?

Good job Lesovikk, the man spend half a grand and didn't even get to announce it himself :P

Gratz on the win Craig, I stayed up to watch it and couldn't believe how it jumped at the end! Do you have any other GPKK or is this your first? Not sure if I've seen your collection before but I think maybe I have at some point... Maybe you can share it again when the new arrival turns up :D

I think a guide price of $200-300+ is probably a little too generous. I'd snap up a GPKK for under $300 in a heartbeat and as long as MC is looking for them, TLH needs two more and Craig is throwing his moneybags around I think they'll fly way past $300 :D

Lesovikk, you disagreeing with how much things cost doesn't alter their perceived value by collectors. It's supply and demand dude, love it or hate it ;)

Tis the first and possibly only. I don't really care for getting all of them, although I wasn't gonna let this slip away. 

I'll post pics on my blog when it gets to me. 

Yeah it used to be the other way, and Craig b needed both and chose the gpkk, but I guess that's right that they are in higher demand. I guess I'm biased as I think the whole promo thing is dumb and like the metal pieces, it is slightly overpriced the wmkk, I would say 200$ is reasonable would you agree. But I'd also say the exact same Bo gpkk went for 200$ from tlh not 467$ and while some go for 400$ that 467$ is still unusually high to me but if I'm wrong about that being the highest gpkk price please say

I agree actually, I think the VMKK look much better and I'll definitely be getting myself a full set of them one way or another. In the meantime though, GPKK are just SO rare that you have to take a shot whenever one comes up! I don't REALLY want them right now but I know one day I will so might as well get in on the game early and take every possible opportunity to get one! I'm not ready to go as high as Craig yet though :P

And yes I agree wioth your prices too, I don't really want to pay more than $200 for a VMKK but if I have to then I probably will! Same for the GPKK but $400+ seems very high, even with it being so rare...

I reported the mask listing that was bid up to $1000 and advised other members to do the same at the time. I doubt anyone did though which would explain why the guy is still out there hiking up prices! Was it just another bidder who was upping the bids or was the seller the same too?

I think $300-400+ sounds pretty reasonable. I'm not sure there are too many of us who would be willing to go much higher than that :D

Does anyone know the worth of a misprint light blue rahkshi head as I have several that came in a collectors set from 2004 but I've never seen any, at first I thought they were regular but they seem to be slightly lighter but maybe mine are just faded or something...

• Upvote 1

pics or it didn't happen :P I've never heard of this personally so would assume they're just faded. I believe the 'back' pieces of the rahkshi are a slightly different colour to other parts to so be careful what you're comparing it too. Also, this would be a question better suited to the 'official collectibles' discussion. You'll get more helpful feedback in there I should think. Definitely try to get a picture of it alongside a 'normal' blue rahkshi head too or we can't really be of any help to you!

pics or it didn't happen :P I've never heard of this personally so would assume they're just faded. I believe the 'back' pieces of the rahkshi are a slightly different colour to other parts to so be careful what you're comparing it too. Also, this would be a question better suited to the 'official collectibles' discussion. You'll get more helpful feedback in there I should think. Definitely try to get a picture of it alongside a 'normal' blue rahkshi head too or we can't really be of any help to you!

Okay, first I need to find one of them, I have about 5. When I find one I'll put a picture and this message on the other topic.

And here; lots of metallic blue rare pieces for a relatively low price

http://m.ebay.com/itm/351305096843?nav=SEARCH

We still talking about using BZP to coordinate bids? I've thought of it before, but I kind of think it's unethical, plus as the rest of you have mentioned, unreliable, since any of us could be lying.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Yep, the sad truth of it is that everyone is really looking out for number one :D I guess it can be helpful sometimes to mention what you have intentions of bidding on depending on the circumstances though. I'd never mention an item I'm bidding on in here because I wouldn't want to publicise it. If something comes up in the topic that I either want or was already watching however I often feel it's worth pointing out as I'm a fairly high budget buyer now (especially for restocking!) So if I mention that I want something, particularly like Takutanuva which I'm willing to spend a lot on, it may stop low budgest buyers bidding as they'll realise they're unlikely to beat me :P

Of course it's unlikely to make a big difference and the BZP bidders are only a fraction of the total community that is watching these listings but hey. I like this topic mainly for bringing my attention to big European auctions. I don't know how to search for items in other countries that don't ship to the uk which is a real pain, so it's good when people link us to this stuff. It's a good topic :)

Yep, the sad truth of it is that everyone is really looking out for number one :D I guess it can be helpful sometimes to mention what you have intentions of bidding on depending on the circumstances though. I'd never mention an item I'm bidding on in here because I wouldn't want to publicise it. If something comes up in the topic that I either want or was already watching however I often feel it's worth pointing out as I'm a fairly high budget buyer now (especially for restocking!) So if I mention that I want something, particularly like Takutanuva which I'm willing to spend a lot on, it may stop low budgest buyers bidding as they'll realise they're unlikely to beat me :P

Of course it's unlikely to make a big difference and the BZP bidders are only a fraction of the total community that is watching these listings but hey. I like this topic mainly for bringing my attention to big European auctions. I don't know how to search for items in other countries that don't ship to the uk which is a real pain, so it's good when people link us to this stuff. It's a good topic :)

The only problem with saying that you are interested in an auction when it has been posted here is that people could bid up the auction just to make you pay more that you would have otherwise. It's probably better to not say anything and just bide your time in silence.

miJfJLO.jpg

Yeah that's also true. I think it just depends how much you trust fellow forumites. I often say nothing as a rule, especially when I spot a particularly good deal!

Ha yup, if noone else notices these gems it always works out nice! I just feel like if you're watching something and it DOES catch people's attention here it's sometimes worth mentioning that you're bidding on it so other members who were going to put a couple of low bids on it don't waste their time and up the price unnecessarily. Of course it doesn't always work out that way but there ya go!

Well that is kind of the point of auctions. 99% of ebay auctions are decided in the last few seconds though which is where the problem is. Snipers don't give other bidders a chance to counter them. And while of course the obvious way to thwart a sniper is simply to enter your highest bid early on, it almost always ends up in you paying more for the item as then other bidders will add £1 at a time trying to find your maximum bid. If you are the one sniping THEM at the end however you can often get it ridiculously cheap as silly bidders will often open an auction at the starting price rather than what they think the item is actually worth!

Ebay sucks, they need to add a grace period to eliminate sniping but that would just pee off more people and they're getting rich enough as it is so why should they care?!

Back on the topic of ebay sales, here's my recent haul!

Quest for Makuta boardgame

Bionicle the Quest boardgame

Barraki Kalmah store display

And of course, I told you it was mine. Takutanuva! I've never spent so much on a single set before. It's all complete and still sealed in bags though so I think it's worth it (just barely!) to get my grail in such good condition. The bonus is, I never need to open the bags as I have plenty of spare Makutas and Takanuvas on hand if I ever want to build Takutanuva anyway so it'll sit in my collection nicely sealed keeping it's value :D

New grail?... I guess it'll have to be a boxed Makuta Icarax or Iruini and Norik in their canisters as I don't have the former at all and the latter are currently unboxed...

You're welcome munty

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261767795221?nav=SEARCH

And I have an inbox takutanuva with box and all but it's opened, I got it for 72$ in a steal 2 years ago from overseas. It doesn't have the toys r us seal and is one of the few I've seen that don't.

Oh and sorry it's not sealed, it said boxed so I dunno... It's still pretty cheap. Sorry I didn't catch that

Edited by lessovikk4

And of course, I told you it was mine. Takutanuva! I've never spent so much on a single set before. It's all complete and still sealed in bags though so I think it's worth it (just barely!) to get my grail in such good condition. The bonus is, I never need to open the bags as I have plenty of spare Makutas and Takanuvas on hand if I ever want to build Takutanuva anyway so it'll sit in my collection nicely sealed keeping it's value :D

Now I see why the ST are so expensive!

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

You're welcome munty

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261767795221?nav=SEARCH

And I have an inbox takutanuva with box and all but it's opened, I got it for 72$ in a steal 2 years ago from overseas. It doesn't have the toys r us seal and is one of the few I've seen that don't.

Oh and sorry it's not sealed, it said boxed so I dunno... It's still pretty cheap. Sorry I didn't catch that

Teresa. Heresy.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I wonder if she gets a lot of buyers, even with those prices.

What do you mean? Teresa is usually reasonable and that's pretty good for icarax

I thought the general consensus was that most of her stuff was overpriced? 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Guess who won this guys!

Unfortunately, I have no way of converting this to digital format or even watching it as it is. I should've have realize that those $20 film-to-digital converters I saw online were for slides/single images/audio-less videos... NOT movie film. So far I've found only a few companies who can convert 35mm movie film to digital format. And I would be using them, if it weren't for the fact that they "don’t have the ability to capture digital audio such as Sony Dynamic Digital Sound and Dolby Digital Sound." (They only support old-fashioned audio. :annoyed: )

Oh well. At least it's something rare and unique. And hey, I'll find a way to get it converted to digital format. Eventually... :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.