LEGO Officially Announces Nexo Knights

We just received the following note from LEGO regarding their new theme that's been announced at New York Comic Con - Nexo Knights:

Just in time for the start of New York Comic-Con, we're announcing an original LEGO property called LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS! This new LEGO property includes 14 construction sets launching next year, an episodic TV series, and a digital gaming app. All based around one story line depicting a medieval kingdom set in a futuristic world where five young, brave knights "download" special powers to their shields in order to battle the royal court's evil Jestro and a cast of monsters to restore peace.

It sounds like this is a followup to Legends of Chima, and it certainly seems like it has a lot of potential. Once I'm able to, we'll be sharing some pictures and a trailer for the TV show! Let us know what you think about this theme in the Talkback.

View the full article

I do like the idea of this weird future world where we've either gone backwards in some ways, or we just developed very differently. The idea of a scorned Jester turning to black magic for revenge is pretty cool, but I hope he doesn't spend his every waking moment laughing his head off and mugging the camera. That might work on little LITTLE kids, but anyone near the age of ten will want a more compelling villain than that.

I also hope the "jokes" aren't all going to be that petty, self agrandizing "Yeah, we're, like, SO all that, aren't we, guys?" brand of humor. That gets really annoying, really fast.

Ninjago set the bar pretty high with its show. Chima failed to meet hit. Let's hope this one reaches closer.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/