• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Twitch Tuesday

Twitch Videogames Gaming

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick the Twitch Tuesday Game

Pick the Twitch Tuesday Game

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 17-March 04
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2016 - 08:30 PM

Once again, I had some lagging issues with the stream. Nothing serious, but it did leave the video occasionally freezing for a few seconds before resuming. And like I said last week, I'm not sure if this is due to issues on my end or with the stream itself since no one else who could confirm the issues seems to be bothering to watch anymore. (Though I will note that I've noticed a slightly different audio quality (kinda clearer in some way) from your voice in the last two streams compared to previous ones. Did you make some recent changes?)

After a quick check on the guides, I can confirm that there is now only one level left to go on the Hobbit, so it's very likely you'll have time to do a bit of freeplay after you finish that level in next week's stream.

As for the additional games you added to the poll, I decided to vote for all three of them because I honestly don't care which Lego video game you play. After all, I plan to one day play every Lego video game available on Steam, so I might as well watch someone else try them out while I wait for the opportunity to try playing them myself. (Although I doubt I'll get that opportunity for for quite some time, I would like to point out that, among the Lego games I own, one of the first ones I plan to play will be Pirates of the Caribbean.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I have rejoined BZPower as of October 10, 2012. This is a new beginning for me.

#122 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,093 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 25 2016 - 07:44 AM

Once again, I had some lagging issues with the stream. Nothing serious, but it did leave the video occasionally freezing for a few seconds before resuming. And like I said last week, I'm not sure if this is due to issues on my end or with the stream itself since no one else who could confirm the issues seems to be bothering to watch anymore. (Though I will note that I've noticed a slightly different audio quality (kinda clearer in some way) from your voice in the last two streams compared to previous ones. Did you make some recent changes?)

Interesting. The past two weeks I've streamed from a different Xbox, but I'm on the same network so it seems odd that this would cause lagging issues. The audio quality makes sens since I have a different mic now.

#123 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 17-March 04
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 30 2016 - 07:00 PM

Well, the good news is that I know what's been slowing down my computer and managed to find a way to (temporarily) deal with the issue so that the stream I saw this week wasn't quite as laggy as it was for me the previous two weeks. However, I did notice at one point that the stream seemed to have suddenly stopped and then skipped ahead a few seconds, so although there might actually be an issue with the streaming, it's not quite as bad as I thought it might be.

Anyway, with Hobbit now completed, it's time to vote for a new game to play, and I've decided to go with Batman. I just quickly checked the guide (from the list I had posted near the beginning of this topic) and it looks like there will be a total of 30 levels; 15 playing as Batman and Robin, and 15 playing as various villains. Since this is a rather old game like Star Wars Complete Saga (which had 36 levels, six for each movie), I guess this game having so many levels shouldn't be so surprising. Unless these levels all turn out to be very quick and simple, it looks like there will be a lot of this game for us to see. (If not, I'll just later vote for playing the Batman 3 DLC levels, but either way, with the Lego Batman Movie now just two months away, I would really like to see some Lego Batman action for a while.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I have rejoined BZPower as of October 10, 2012. This is a new beginning for me.

#124 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 17-March 04
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2016 - 08:20 PM

Sorry for double-posting, but I forgot to mention something yesterday.

Since the Lego Batman games are not based on any movie or some other preexisting content, I feel like it should be okay to leave the music on when you stream that game. (And of course, since it's an old game with no dialogue, there'll likely be no subtitles to turn on.)

#125 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,093 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Dec 07 2016 - 07:35 AM

Sorry for double-posting, but I forgot to mention something yesterday.

Since the Lego Batman games are not based on any movie or some other preexisting content, I feel like it should be okay to leave the music on when you stream that game. (And of course, since it's an old game with no dialogue, there'll likely be no subtitles to turn on.)

You say that, and yet we got a copyright notice from just the cutscenes in last night's episode.

#126 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 17-March 04
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2016 - 08:15 PM

Huh, and I thought that issue had applied only to the Lego Movie Videogame (I recall that the streams automatically censored the cutscenes in that game). Well, I guess now the only way I'll be able to get the full experience from these games will be to play them myself. (I just need to be able to set aside the time to do so once I'm ready.)

Anyway, interesting that the 15 (good guys) levels are organized into three "episodes" of five levels each. I guess such a system should be too surprising when you consider the context at the time. (The only previous Lego games of that kind were Star Wars Complete Saga (which is actually the first two Lego Star Wars games combined into one) and Indiana Jones, and those franchises consist of trilogies.)

The first level went by relatively quickly, but the boss fight in the second level had a rather oddly specific way in which you had to attack. Never would've been able to figure it out myself without the aid of a guide (which is apparently what you also had to rely on for that part). Let's just hope we won't see much more of such tricky combat through the rest of this game.

Edited by Chronicler06, Dec 07 2016 - 08:15 PM.

#127 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 17-March 04
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2016 - 08:25 PM

So apparently, each of the three "episodes" ends with their own roll of credits, plus (presumably) one of the levels for each episode uses vehicles instead of characters. This game is looking even more similar to Star Wars Complete Saga than I ever would have suspected. I guess this indicates that all these Lego games really do follow the same basic formula, but only in comparison to ones that released close to each other. It does make me wonder at which point (such as which particular game dropped old features and added new ones) the change in the formula was made (going from the older games having levels grouped into episodes with some levels vehicle-specific, and going to the more recent games having fifteen story levels with a wide open hub world to explore).

So it looks like Episode 1 is done. Two more left to go as Batman and Robin, then what I presume to be three more episodes (with five levels each) playing as the villains. Despite the rapid progress, there's still quite a bit left to go, so my vote is again for Batman.

#128 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 17-March 04
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2016 - 08:00 PM

Internet issues caused me to miss the first few minutes of the stream. Later during the beginning of the second level, there was a bit of lag (and with the technical issues on my end solved, I'm starting to wonder what's really causing it), forcing me to pause and play the video, which resulted in skipping over many seconds. Other than that, I enjoyed watching what I could this week.

Almost halfway done Episode 2, so that's halfway through all of the Batman and Robin levels and a quarter of the entire game. Once again, my vote this week is for Batman.

#129 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 17-March 04
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2016 - 08:45 PM

I guess you can now add "struggling to climb up ladders" to the list of things we'll see regularly on Twitch Tuesdays in addition to "falling off ledges". At least, that seems to be the case only on this game, as I'm pretty sure you didn't seem to have much trouble with that on any of the other games you've played so far. Anyway, I noticed someone in the chat at one point, and based on his comment, it looks like my observation of slight lag at certain times during the stream can now be confirmed as an issue with the stream itself and not something on my end.

Two more levels done, just one more left to go until "Episode 2" is completed, then it's on to "Episode 3".

#130 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,093 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Dec 28 2016 - 10:44 PM

I've definitely had problems with ladders before, but not as badly as in this game. Were there even any ladders in LEGO Star Wars, or is this the first game to have them?

As far as the stream lagging, I'll see about tweaking some setting next week.

#131 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 17-March 04
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 04 2017 - 07:00 PM

At least we now know that to play the villains side of the game, you just need to pull that lever to switch from the Batcave to Arkham Asylum. Once you're finished with Episode 3, you can switch over there where I think you'll find another 15 levels (which I assume may be divided into three "episodes") in which you'll play as the villains.

First level is done on Episode 3, four more left to go, then it'll be on to the villain levels.

#132 Online Kitastrophe

Kitastrophe
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • pretty pretty princess

• 15-March 06
  • 8,603 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 10 2017 - 06:14 PM

I completely forgot about LEGO Batman. I even -have- it on my PSVita for like, so long -- it was fun from what I remember, I'm just like, so surprised I never went through to finish it. 

Hope it's been fun to stream, though! I'll probably pop in this week. c:

Edited by Kitastrophe, Jan 10 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#133 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 17-March 04
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2017 - 07:25 PM

Yesterday certainly was quite interesting. We had two other people not only watching but also using the chat quite a lot. I honestly can't even remember the last time I saw that much activity during a Twitch Tuesday live stream. I wonder why there's suddenly been so much interest, or perhaps it may have been just a one-time occurrence. Also, the stream itself went more smoothly than it did the last few weeks, as I didn't see any lag and only once did it freeze for just a few seconds.

Three more levels done, so now there's only one left to go (presumably against Joker), then it'll be time to switch over from the Batcave to Arkham Asylum to move on to the villain levels.

#134 Online Kitastrophe

Kitastrophe
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • pretty pretty princess

• 15-March 06
  • 8,603 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 13 2017 - 03:51 AM

Oh yeah haha, I stopped by since I was a bit out of things to do and figured to check it out. Just talked a bit in chat since I tend to do that in general and my name was the obnoxiously long pink one (was surprised it wasn't considered an "illegal" name by Twitch due to the length, but everything else I usually use was taken already). It was fun though. c: 

#135 Offline evil_jaga_genius

evil_jaga_genius
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 17-January 15
  • 686 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2017 - 03:55 PM

With Lego City Undercover getting re-released sometime soon, will you try streaming that sometime?

The raving lunatic behind Adventure Posts and The Isle of Malkhar

Skyrise profile: Dedris + the Chieftain

If I don't respond in the RPG, send me a PM about it and I'll try and get stuff worked out

#136 Offline Naked Link

Naked Link
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • King of the losers

• 21-June 08
  • 2,095 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 14 2017 - 04:07 PM

I feel that would be interesting to watch.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#137 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 13,093 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 17 2017 - 02:53 PM

With Lego City Undercover getting re-released sometime soon, will you try streaming that sometime?

We will definitely consider streaming this later in the year.

#138 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 17-March 04
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 18 2017 - 07:42 PM

There was a bit of a technical issue with this week's stream, where the audio kept going on and off so rapidly that it might as well have been muted. Fortunately, the issue somehow resolved itself after 30 minutes, so while the the first half of the stream (the level against the Joker) had virtually no sound, the second half (first of the villain levels) went by just fine.

With all the Batman and Robin levels done, now we're moving onto the villain levels. Based on how the first one went, it looks like it'll be quite literally the other side of all the other levels we saw previously. Should be interesting to see what kind of special abilities all the villain characters will have.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)