CCBS themes you would like to see

bohrokman

^And now, I'm imagining a System model of Tokyo inhabited by minifigs being decimated by CCBS Daikaiju... But yeah, using CCBS to represent giant characters in a theme dominated by minifigs sounds like a no brainer.

It should be. CCBS parts are used in some mech figures (The Hulkbuster has some wonderful Metru Red CCBS shells...) So why not use it more? A giant CCBS robo-dragon to fight the Nexo Knights... Just saying.

• Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Something that integrates minifigures - like say, Exo Force - would be cool. CCBS Nexo Knights or Ninjago would also be cool to see, if only because it'd be interested to see how they'd do the heads - maybe a new, generic printed head piece with a connection point for headgear? 

Failing all that, Slizers.

@xbox Travis: And if Nexo Knights has the whole swords and sorcery thing going on, a Spell being used to turn the minifigs into CCBS Giants to fight said Dragon mono e mono could give an in-verse reason for CCBS versions of the characters.

As for Slizers, as much as i would love a reboot of that line, I'm not sure they could be translated to CCBS without being too different from the original. I recently picked up a full set of the original 8, and nostalgia aside, what I've enjoyed most about playing with them is how different they are from the 2015 Toa(which where my first and so far only sets for both Bionicle and CCBS). Still, wouldn't mind seeing some sets that combine pieces from the original Constractions with modern CCBS. Actually, there's an idea: A series of models that illustrate the evolution of constraction, with models resembling a slizer and an early G1 bionicle set at one end and CCBS models ala HF and Bionicle G2 at the opposite end and a combination model that unites elements accross the concept's 15+ year history.

And now I want to experiment with using free ball joints to marry Slizer-style torsos with CCBS-style limbs and wish for a short bone-piece that has ball sockets on both ends because an elegant means of combining CCBS-style torsos with Slizer-style limbs isn't coming to me. *Imagines using exposed CCBS bones to give Torch knees and an elbow on his Flame Arm.*

Edited by Jeffery Mewtamer

Just so you know, I'm blinad

^And now, I'm imagining a System model of Tokyo inhabited by minifigs being decimated by CCBS Daikaiju... But yeah, using CCBS to represent giant characters in a theme dominated by minifigs sounds like a no brainer.

It should be. CCBS parts are used in some mech figures (The Hulkbuster has some wonderful Metru Red CCBS shells...) So why not use it more? A giant CCBS robo-dragon to fight the Nexo Knights... Just saying.

Perfect, just perfect. I would totally buy that (robo-dragon) if lego made it.

Also, if lego can't do pokemon, then how about lego digimon (just thinkin out loud here).

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

^If Lego ever did Digimon sets, Toy Agumon needs to be among the first wave. Afterall, he's already made of Lego-style building blocks. Still, CCBS versions of WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, Omegamon, Imperialdramon, Dukemon Crimson Mode or Susanoomon? I think the expression I'm looking for is All my Yes.

Just so you know, I'm blinad

• 2 weeks later...

This is just pie in the sky, but I think a CCBS Gundam theme would be awesome. I know people MOC Gundam stuff using System all the time, so in order to set these ones apart, the sets could be a fusion between CCBS and more traditional parts. Frankly, I don't know how some MOCists out there are able to design such amazing Gundam MOC's, so to spare myself the pain of trying to create one myself I'd happily pay a few bucks to buy a cool-looking CCBS model designed by LEGO. ;)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...