Slizer Dome

Pahrak Model ZX

Round 7 battles are decided!

In the end, everyone but Nato went to the Urban Sector, the Ice Slizer choosing to wait and see how events played out.  Pahrak stepped onto the arena and sighed.

“Folks…instead of matches, we’re going to show you something else.”

A holographic projection filled the arena space, showing Kohrak looking out as he stood on an abandoned street.

“Most of our competitors have chosen to forgo the tournament to tackle a major threat.  I think it’s only right you get to see them in their moment of triumph!”

Kohrak looked up as ToaTimeLord, Bonkle, Jamie, fishers, and Luroka approached.  “Boy am I glad to see you!  Come on, I’ll show you which way the target went.”

The Slizers were led down the highway to an empty parking deck, its walls lined with glowing fungus.  At its entrance, their motorcycle revving, was the mysterious Slizer.

“Are you the one responsible for messing up my Sector?” Bonkle asked.

The Slizer stared at him, their face blank.  “You are mistaken.  Please leave this place—there is not much time.”

“Yeah, I guess not,” Luroka said, looking up at the meteor.

ToaTimeLord shrugged.  “But, could you at least tell us your name?”

“I am Millennia.  My search for the Millennium Bug has led me to this planet, and I intend to finish my task before the meteor arrives.”

“I don’t trust him,” fishers said.

Jamie beat its fist into its palm.  “We came here to fight, Millennia.  If you’re going to stick around, you’ll have to beat us first.”

“…Very well.”

Millennia sat back and kicked the side of his motorcycle.  A loud whirring sound began, and the vehicle began to change shape.  The wheels flipped out and were tucked under, much of the cycle’s bulk shifting to their tops and staying connected to the main component only by relatively thin pieces looking like legs.  The motorcycle snapped shut around Millennia—its body slid and clicked until it formed into a heavily armored torso, only Millennia’s head visible atop it, and its mass continued to shift to produce two powerful throwing arms.  Two long blade-like fins deployed from his back as he took one lumbering step forward.

“Which of you will be the first challenger?”

ToaTimeLord (Ice, Disk Level 8) vs Millennia (Null, Disk Level 8)

ToaTimeLord stepped forward, drawing his disk as the other stepped back.  Millennia drew a golden disk.  The two weapons arced through the air at each other, releasing a powerful shockwave when they collided.  ToaTimeLord ducked under the next attack before launching his, hitting Millennia square in the chest while his foe was defenseless.  Millennia shrugged it off and resumed his attack.  Undiscouraged, ToaTimeLord continued to dodge and throw, trying to circle around Millennia—eventually he spotted a small gap in the armor, and his next attack was directed there.  The disk sliced into Millennia, making him shout out, and the ToaTimeLord’s disk met with his face and sent him sprawling.  ToaTimeLord’s win count increased by 3!

The fungus on the walls glowed brighter than ever before.  Energy flowed out of them and into Millennia, and soon he was back on his feet.  “I cannot surrender.”

Bonkle (Urban, Resource Level 7 + Supercharge 2 = 8, value cannot be exceeded) vs Millennia (Null, Disk Level 8)

As Millennia raised his disk again, Bonkle stepped in to take the exhausted ToaTimeLord’s place, grimly opening the cap on his canister of Power Fuel.  Millennia threw, and Bonkle drove.  He peppered Millennia with blasts from every angle, leading him deeper into the parking deck and hiding around a corner.  When Millennia came around it, Bonkle bashed the canister into the mystery Slizer’s face, soaking him in Power Fuel and then quickly speeding away.  He had enough energy from the fuel left for one blast, igniting what had spilled.  Bonkle’s win count increased by 3!

Jamie made it out of the deck and collapsed.  The others looked on in awe as Millennia walked out of the flames, looking badly hurt but still alive.  He absorbed more energy from the fungus and appeared good as new, gripping his disk with newfound anger.

Jamie (Energy, Disk Level 8) vs Millennia (Null, Disk Level 8)

Jamie was next.  It threw it disk, and it met with Millennia’s.  It walked forward.  Millennia kept throwing, and Jamie kept walking, countering each attack with a throw of its own.  When Jamie was right in front of Millennia, it threw its disk in a wider arc that went around Millennia, and then ducked under Millennia’s disk.  The Energy Slizer’s disk flew through the fire, hit Millennia on its way back, and then ended up back in the hands of Jamie, who leapt up and bashed it across Millennia’s face.  Jamie’s win count increased by 3!

Millennia recovered quickly, throwing Jamie back out of the building.  The titan now dropped his disk.  When the energy came from the fungus, it came stronger, brighter, and an aura of power began to build up around Millennia.

fishers (Sub, Physical Level 6 + Supercharge 3 = 8, value cannot be exceeded) vs Millennia (Null, Resource Level 8)

fishers stepped forward, still finishing a sandwich as she watched Millennia power up.  When her enemy put his hand forward, she held the sandwich in her teeth, ducked, and sprang onto the wall.  A massive beam of silver energy shot through the space she had just been occupying, carving a smoking trench in the ground.  fishers ricocheted off the wall, landed next to Millennia, and punched, sending the armored titan skidding back several feet.  She took a bite of her sandwich as she met his glare.  When the next beam was launched, she jumped straight over it, bringing her foot down on Millennia’s head and slamming him into the concrete floor.  fishers’s win count increased by 3!

Millennia roared.  Energy rippled out from him, blowing fishers back and toppling most of the others as well.  The strange Slizer stood once more, saying, “No…I refuse to let it end this way!”

Luroka (Energy, Resource Level 8) vs Millennia (Null, Resource Level 8)

Luroka was last to step forward, charging his palms with his Electric Atoms.  Millennia fired a beam and Luroka met it head on with a blast of lightning.  The resulting explosion shook the entire parking deck.  Millennia attacked again, and this time Luroka focused on blocking.  At the first opportunity he sent a bolt directly from his hand to Millennia’s chest, keeping it live for several seconds before he had to stop.  Millennia swayed, but still raised his arms.  Their attacks clashed again, once again shaking the building, and Luroka heard a terrible cracking sound.  He leapt back and charged the remainder of his power, meeting Millennia’s beam in one final clash that rocked the flaming parking deck with the force of an earthquake.  It finally collapsed.  Millennia was instantly lost in the rain of concrete.  Luroka’s win count has been increased by 3!

“You…you did it…” Kohrak muttered in shock.  “You beat him.  You really are the best of the best!”

Back at the Slizer Dome, the crowd yelled and shouted in glee.  Pahrak nodded, and then stepped back to have a word with some of the other officials, ultimately returning to the arena just as the projection was shut off.

“I’m glad you enjoyed the show, folks!  In light of this stunning achievement, all Slizers who fought Millennia have been awarded 3 wins to their record!  As soon as they return, we’ll name the tournament’s winner!”

It wasn’t long before they made it back.  The Slizers lined up in the arena and Pahrak approached them with a trophy, pausing before them to give the crowd a chance to settle down.

“With 6 wins, the Champion of the Millennium is…Jamie the Energy Slizer!”

The crowd cheered again as Jamie accepted the trophy.  It beat the air with its fist, grinning wide as it soaked in the spectator’s congratulations.  The other fighters congratulated it as well, all content that they had put up a good fight.

After the ceremony, the crowds began to leave.  The Slizers returned to their Sectors one-by-one, until Pahrak and Kohrak were left standing in the arena, staring up at the meteor as it only grew in size.

“57…58…59…midnight, December 31st, 1999,” Kohrak said as he watched the clock in his hand.  “I guess this is it, huh?  The beginning of the final day of the Slizer planet…”

Pahrak narrowed his eyes.  “I have a hunch…no doubt that meteor is bringing something terrible with it.  When it lands later today, I’m sure there will be plenty of suffering and fear.  But our planet will survive.  And, more importantly, so will the Slizers.”

“You sure?”

“Positive.  A world like this is too memorable to be snuffed out just like that.”

To be continued…?

Thank you to everyone for playing!  If you have any comments or suggestions, I’d love to hear them, either here or over in this blog post!  Maybe I’ll host another one of these games some day!

• Upvote 1

Well, that was unexpected. Great game, folks. I'd like to thank my luck for this victory, it's the first time I play ina forum RPG. Pahrak, I loved how you handled my character - even if in the end Jamie became more of a disk thrower than a fighter.

If I'll be playing again should there be another game? Jamie certainly needs to keep training.

I like to see a Slizer Bionicle battle. Two teams battleing for the planet.

I think the next step (if there is one) will be fighting the mutant Slizers, Blaster, Flare, and whatever the other one was called.

Anyways, that was a blast! It was pretty obvious I wasn't going to win, but I still had fun playing this game and collecting things. Torching Millennia was pretty neat. I'll be sure to leave some feedback in the blog entry.

• Upvote 1

I think I'll save cross-theme fighting for Technic Tournament.  Fighting the Meteor Slizers is what I had in mind, although I might take a detour into multiple planets version of the Slizers story to fine-tune the game's system first.  It'll probably be a little while before either of those ideas get posted (I'm interested in April's G&T contest, and I want to run the next Technic Tournament in May), but I'll definitely be putting some thought into it in the meantime.

Could we possibly get a tally of what everyone's final scores were? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar