Could there be a third Mask Maker?

EDIT:

Okay this is what my original theory of a unheard character came from.

I have noticed that time is a key word in G2 story. Also there is a temple of time. If you haven't watched the Netflix serious the maze is created by a unknown person or people.

This got me thinking could there be a character we don't know about cleaning up the mess the Mask Makers have made of Okoto.

Because all the golden Mask of power, unity, creation, control, and MoUP all were hidden in temples, set on pillars, or put into giant mazes.

Someone had to do this and it wasn't the villagers because they were running from the Mask Maker city.

Also in the Netflix serious, Ekimu seems to hint at the golden Masks of Unity where not made by him or his brother.

Could this be a missing third Mask Maker.

What about the time references?

I think this third Mask Maker could be the teacher of the two brothers.

As they say with time comes wisdom. I think he wears the Upper haft of the Mask of Time and lived in the temple of time. Where he created the first Masks.

As an example of why this could be true. I ask a question; who created the masks of creation and control? Someone must of had a powerful mask to create those masks.

And its pointed out that Ekimu and Makuta need there mask to create mask so it wasn't them who made them.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I think the comparison to Mask of Light is a bit poor. Firstly, the parallels are not that strong since Ekimu's role is closer to Mata Nui's or the Turaga's than to Takanuva's (and I don't see any parallels to the specific fight in Mask of Light save for removing Makuta's mask to achieve victory, as is customary for Bionicle). Secondly, Makuta's speech in Mask of Light was almost entirely deceptive—his claims of having any sort of selfless purpose to keeping Mata Nui asleep were a sham, a ploy to make Takanuva question his resolve (he pulled a similar trick with the Toa Mata in the Mata Nui Online Game in 2001).

While it may be unclear at this point whether the G2 Makuta was truly in control of the Mask of Ultimate Power or whether it was the other way around once he put on the mask, there's little doubt that his initial motives were similarly selfish. The legend states that he was jealous of the honor Ekimu received for his mask-making skills and wanted to usurp him. Despite the common theories that Makuta isn't actually the main villain or even that Ekimu might be, there's currently no reason to doubt that this retelling of events is accurate.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Can't prove there isn't a third one. Or a fifth, for that matter.

Ok let me go extreme with you're statement: You can't prove there isn't a 1,000,000,000,000,000,016 Mask Maker in Bionicle G2.

Maybe there would be 8 mask makers 6 of the elements and 2 of Shadow and Light.

Edited by Tahu3.0

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

Yes, there is a third Mask Maker - or shall I say, "mask mucker." He was not born in this continuity, however, and you can follow his trail of awkwardly shoehorned-in pop culture references all the way back to his home dimension. Behold, the inevitable G1/G2 crossover nobody has been asking for: Vezon, Master of Anarchy!

(please don't kill me)

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I think the comparison to Mask of Light is a bit poor. Firstly, the parallels are not that strong since Ekimu's role is closer to Mata Nui's or the Turaga's than to Takanuva's (and I don't see any parallels to the specific fight in Mask of Light save for removing Makuta's mask to achieve victory, as is customary for Bionicle). Secondly, Makuta's speech in Mask of Light was almost entirely deceptive—his claims of having any sort of selfless purpose to keeping Mata Nui asleep were a sham, a ploy to make Takanuva question his resolve (he pulled a similar trick with the Toa Mata in the Mata Nui Online Game in 2001).

While it may be unclear at this point whether the G2 Makuta was truly in control of the Mask of Ultimate Power or whether it was the other way around once he put on the mask, there's little doubt that his initial motives were similarly selfish. The legend states that he was jealous of the honor Ekimu received for his mask-making skills and wanted to usurp him. Despite the common theories that Makuta isn't actually the main villain or even that Ekimu might be, there's currently no reason to doubt that this retelling of events is accurate.

I was pointing out the core plot of the story was bad guy protects sleeping brother. Good guy bets bad guy at the cost of his life but comes back anyway. Bad guy beaten for now.

Originally Bionicle was suppose to end after this battle, but because Bionicle was a money making machine they stretched the story out and changed motives for Makuta midway.

So could G2 be LEGO's way of trying out their original idea for the Bionicle story.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Secondly, Makuta's speech in Mask of Light was almost entirely deceptive—his claims of having any sort of selfless purpose to keeping Mata Nui asleep were a sham, a ploy to make Takanuva question his resolve

I like to point out that Makuta talked to himself before this point almost as if he were talking to Mata Nui directly. He says "I must keep you asleep brother they must not wake you brother or you will suffer again."

He also say things that make it sound almost as if he doesn't want to release the Rahkshi. He also calls Mata Nui his "brother" as if he shows respect for him.

Maybe the 3rd Mask Maker is Mata Nui..............

This could make since if Mata Nui disguises himself as a simple Matoran live happily ever after. Before the Matoran Universe dies Makuta puts his life force into a Matoran. This Matoran had a brother named Ekimu they together rebuild and rule the world for thousands of years. Makuta thinks he has won after all he believes Mata Nui died ages ago. Then Makuta fines out finds out Mata Nui is still alive. He's angry he hunts him down and puts him in a endless sleep this time for good.

But just to make sure he stays asleep he creates a mask strong enough to keep him asleep.

Ekimu having the big ego he's got thinks Makuta is trying to out forge him. He sees Makuta put it on and thinks he's gone crazy talking about Mata Nui (who he thinks died ages ago as well)

To knock some since into his brother but knocks both of them unconscious.

Edited by ToaTimeLord
  • Upvote 1

Secondly, Makuta's speech in Mask of Light was almost entirely deceptive—his claims of having any sort of selfless purpose to keeping Mata Nui asleep were a sham, a ploy to make Takanuva question his resolve

I like to point out that Makuta talked to himself before this point almost as if he were talking to Mata Nui directly. He says "I must keep you asleep brother they must not wake you brother or you will suffer again."

He also say things that make it sound almost as if he doesn't want to release the Rahkshi. He also calls Mata Nui his "brother" as if he shows respect for him.

Maybe the 3rd Mask Maker is Mata Nui..............

This could make since if Mata Nui disguises himself as a simple Matoran live happily ever after. Before the Matoran Universe dies Makuta puts his life force into a Matoran. This Matoran had a brother named Ekimu they together rebuild and rule the world for thousands of years. Makuta thinks he has won after all he believes Mata Nui died ages ago. Then Makuta fines out finds out Mata Nui is still alive. He's angry he hunts him down and puts him in a endless sleep this time for good.

But just to make sure he stays asleep he creates a mask strong enough to keep him asleep.

Ekimu having the big ego he's got thinks Makuta is trying to out forge him. He sees Makuta put it on and thinks he's gone crazy talking about Mata Nui (who he thinks died ages ago as well)

this makes absolutely no sense there is no proof at all for any of this your parallel is weak and from a gen 1 movie Lego rarely talks about we have heard many times gen 2 is a reboot and as much as i would like a connection there is none so just stop.

• Upvote 2

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

When have we seen any indication of Ekimu having a big ego? I know it's quite well established that he's important, but he never talks about or makes a big deal of his own importance.

I know some people want to believe Ekimu is "more than he seems", and it's quite possible that he is. But let's not start talking about him as if being important and popular means he must be full of himself. The shadiest thing about him that can be read into how the character's been written so far is the same as the Turaga from 2001 — that there are clearly a lot of things he knows that he keeps from the Toa until he thinks it's necessary to fill them in.

Can't prove there isn't a third one. Or a fifth, for that matter.

can't prove that ekimu isn't spider-man just traveling between dimensions and time with his mask of creation(I'm not saying he's spider-man i'm just saying you've never seen him and spider-man in the same room)

When have we seen any indication of Ekimu having a big ego? I know it's quite well established that he's important, but he never talks about or makes a big deal of his own importance.

I know some people want to believe Ekimu is "more than he seems", and it's quite possible that he is. But let's not start talking about him as if being important and popular means he must be full of himself. The shadiest thing about him that can be read into how the character's been written so far is the same as the Turaga from 2001 — that there are clearly a lot of things he knows that he keeps from the Toa until he thinks it's necessary to fill them in.

i agree we have gotten a very slim amount of world and character building in gen 2 and we can't just add things to a character that has only said like 4 complete sentences. btw Toatimelord your just makin I more madder by useing since instead of sense :P sorry, but not really sorry

CARNAGE RULES

Edited by bohrokman
  • Upvote 1

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

Aanchir i know this will sound stupid but im gonna say it who knows if they change there personality from episode to episode like Evo.

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

Should I just stop the topic before it gets out of hand.

Or do you guys want keep talking.

depends on the other people idk the whole topic feels kinda pointless to me no offense to you in any way.

Should I just stop the topic before it gets out of hand.

Or do you guys want keep talking.

depends on the other people idk the whole topic feels kinda pointless to me no offense to you in any way.
That's fine just wanted to hear your opinions.

I original had a simple Idea of could there be a mysterious character we know nothing about.

Then it went to could it be Ekimu and Makuta's father or another Mask Maker bro. Then the fan boy in me went turn this into a continuation theory and it spiralled out of control.

So give me a moment to completely change the opening topic.

I HAVE COMPLETELY CHANGED MY ORIGINAL IDEA.

Please delete comments reflecting the old idea. Thank you and sorry for the craziness from before this is what I really wanted to say.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

It's possible that there was a third character responsible for some things in the story. But I wouldn't consider it likely.

The reason being is that I think that the MoUP has the ability to transform the land, like the Golden Chi in Chima only worse. And I think the changes it makes are based on the masks in the general area. For example the labyrinth of control was made because the mask of control was there; the fire region became the fire region because the Golden Mask of Fire ended up there.

Admittedly this theory has some holes because the orginal terraforming didn't make it to the jungle because of the mountain range, but I figured that Makuta or a servant of his could take the MoUP to the other island and build the labyrinth to protect his old mask.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

Few thing...

The maze and the temples are presumably all part of the pre-cataclysm civilization of Okoto, and so they could have been built by any number of Okotan builders over the ages as part of their animistic religion.

As for how the masks got there, I'm pretty sure the Elemental Creatures hid them there so that Umarak couldn't get them (although I'm drawing a blank on a source for this).

Now you are correct that we don't have much information on the Mask of Time.  All we know from the narration is that Ekimu was the greatest mask maker on the island, which suggests he would be that mask's maker.  Going off the animations in 2015, we really only hear about how Ekimu and Makuta made the masks.  It doesn't really leave it open to there being other mask makers.

Like others have said, you can't prove a negative.  I'm just not sure the facts as you've listed them necessarily mean there is a third mask maker.

Few thing...

The maze and the temples are presumably all part of the pre-cataclysm civilization of Okoto, and so they could have been built by any number of Okotan builders over the ages as part of their animistic religion.

As for how the masks got there, I'm pretty sure the Elemental Creatures hid them there so that Umarak couldn't get them (although I'm drawing a blank on a source for this).

Now you are correct that we don't have much information on the Mask of Time. All we know from the narration is that Ekimu was the greatest mask maker on the island, which suggests he would be that mask's maker. Going off the animations in 2015, we really only hear about how Ekimu and Makuta made the masks. It doesn't really leave it open to there being other mask makers.

Like others have said, you can't prove a negative. I'm just not sure the facts as you've listed them necessarily mean there is a third mask maker.

It was stated that Ekimu and Makuta need there special mask to create mask themselves.

This brings up a question for me,

If they didn't make then who did?

This is where I got the idea of a third Mask Maker.

I think the changes it makes are based on the masks in the general area. For example the labyrinth of control was made because the mask of control was there; the fire region became the fire region because the Golden Mask of Fire end up in the fire region.

With your example of the Mask of control creating the maze has a huge flaw in it. In the Netflix serious Gali reads the writing on the floor and it says toa beware and tells them how to open the door. Also I think the writers of the serious put some foreshadowing in for 2017. Its a simple thing said but it cought my attention.

When there at the door of the maze Onua said "maybe whoever made this has something to do with us." Thus may not prove a Third Mask Maker but its something interesting.

Also when Makuta talks to Umarak he says follow them we must "find" my mask.

He said "find" a term used to say you don't know where something is, so this disproves makuta having minions move the mask for him.

Also Okoto already had its six elemental regions before the great cataclysm. So the elemental mask did not create the regions.

So the question pops up, who put the masks in there hiding spots.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

It was stated that Ekimu and Makuta need there special mask to create mask themselves.

This brings up a question for me,

If they didn't make then who did?

This is where I got the idea of a third Mask Maker.

Where was this stated? I just assumed they made the masks themselves.

Also when Makuta talks to Umarak he says follow them we must "find" my mask.

He said "find" a term used to say you don't know where something is, so this disproves makuta having minions move the mask for him.

Also Okoto already had its six elemental regions before the great cataclysm. So the elemental mask did not create the regions.

So the question pops up, who put the masks in there hiding spots.

At the very least, we know that the Mask of Control was hidden by the Elemental Creatures, so you're definitely right about Makuta not being behind that. As the Creatures were found with their golden masks as well, I would assume that they hid those as well.

I wouldn't be surprised that the Mask Makers are a race, but with a few on each island. Or I'd appreciate the twist being the main masker maker/leader: Mata Nui

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

At the very least, we know that the Mask of Control was hidden by the Elemental Creatures, so you're definitely right about Makuta not being behind that. As the Creatures were found with their golden masks as well, I would assume that they hid those as well.

They may have placed the mask in there spots to protect but who made all the temples/pillars/hiding spots. I don't think a bird can create a entire building in a volcano.

• Upvote 1

They may have placed the mask in there spots to protect but who made all the temples/pillars/hiding spots. I don't think a bird can create a entire building in a volcano.

I thought those were built by the villagers/Protectors and later abandoned. 

• Upvote 1

I thought those were built by the villagers/Protectors and later abandoned.
It could be but it's never stated. There just there.

I think there are more than just Ekimu and Makuta, but they are just the best. Also, I am fairly certain other islands have other elements. In the Netflix series it is stated that the Toa are there for the elements of their island, which to me, implied there were other islands with different elements. Back to the Mask maker idea, though, it would be odd that there were only two.

~Xeo~

Well, as stated the creatures themselves put the Mask of Control inside of the maze that was supposedly created by some other tribe of Okotians in the early days of the island. I don't think there is a third mask maker but there most definitely is someone (In my opinion) that has been going around setting these things up (i.e the creation of the new masks for the Toa.) Its not like Ekimu knew that these masks existed before he gave the toa new armor. 

Edited by BioMotion

Has ayone seen the bionicle 2015 15-30 second features about each of the toa?

Well anyway, Pohatu's features a sandy desert and a samll shrine or something. In he background you can see 2 statues of a okoto style protector. But the design is never talked about/ mentioned

I just looked up the episode just go see those.

I like where your going with this.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

I don't know what bearing, if any, that protector statue has on the possibility of a third mask maker/ unknown mask-making entity. Okoto clearly has a long history, and the presence of one statue (of a character we are already aware of) in the middle of the desert does not indicate anything other than lackluster worldbuilding on Lego's part.

• Upvote 1

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

I don't know what bearing, if any, that protector statue has on the possibility of a third mask maker/ unknown mask-making entity. Okoto clearly has a long history, and the presence of one statue (of a character we are already aware of) in the middle of the desert does not indicate anything other than lackluster worldbuilding on Lego's part.

It also indicates that the Stone tribe likes making statues of their leaders. :P

It also indicates that the Stone tribe likes making statues of their leaders. :P

True dat. I'm reticent to jump on the "thrid mask maker" train only because we have so little information. But if Ekimu and Makuta were making masks on Okoto in ancient times, then something much more ancient would have had to make the masks of unity.

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG